Does this Freak anyone else out?

manda
It is quite possible that I am paranoid...but when I scroll down to the bottom of the page to see who is online I see all of these "guests" All of these people who can read what I have to say without ever saying a word, seems kind of like a stalker or at least a peeper glad I don't strip in that pic I posted

Has anyone else thought about this?

Andem
Yes, they are guest users who are reading the forums over the past 10 minutes or so. Some of them are also robots which crawl the site.

Andem
<Moved to Community Support.>

mrmom2
Feck Em :P Feckin A holes :P

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Some of them are also robots which crawl the site.

What exactly are Robots?

jjw1965
Many terms are used to label the software programs used to index websites. Most refer to them as web crawlers, web robots, webbots, or spiders. Web crawlers, robots, and spiders are used by many companies to retrieve information about your website. They are often automated and are programmed to simply follow hyperlinks throughout the web. Search engines are the most well known users of spiders, but others use them as well. All in all, crawlers, robots and spiders make up a significant number of the "website visitors" for a well established site.

The Google robot, known as Googlebot, will visit a well established site several times a day to check for updates. Of all the spiders who traverse the sites for which we have web log access, Googlebot is by far the most active, on average around twice as active as the Yahoo! crawler and six times more active than the new msnbot spider. On their website, Google refers to Googlebot as "Google's web crawler" and as "Google's web-crawling robot."

manda
ok, now I get it,sorry about my moment of computer illeiteracy, I knew spiders, not bots

no1important
Quote:

It is quite possible that I am paranoid.

Nothing wrong with being a little paranoid. I actually think its healthy. Keeps one on ones toes, so to speak.

missile
Possibly there are some folk who are too shy to register here and post[I used to be that way myself]

Cosmo
Manda ... lots of times the guests are on the other part of the site, not here at the forums. This site is quite large and lots of the visitors don't even come to this part. And as Missile said, often people will hang out and read the posts before they bother to join. I've done that at other forums to see if I want to go to the trouble.

Reverend Blair
That's no fun at all Cosmo. I prefer to think that we're being monitored by aliens or Soviet spies that have been forgotten in a secret underground bunker and don't know the Cold War is over.

bulldog
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

That's no fun at all Cosmo. I prefer to think that we're being monitored by aliens or Soviet spies that have been forgotten in a secret underground bunker and don't know the Cold War is over.

Speaking of that, Rev, don't you want to laugh when you see all those old movies where the bad guys are Soviet spies? What a joke!

Bull Dog

Reverend Blair
You mean like Bullwinkle?

Andygal
a little paranoia is a smart thing in this day and age. One must keep a paranoid eye on the government to make sure they don't do anything nasty.

bulldog

You mean like Bullwinkle?

No, actually, I was thinking about some of the older James Bond films. But there were others. Now, if you watch them now, the bad guy isn't very convincing.

Bull Dog

Cosmo

I didn't say they WEREN'T aliens Rev! The Mothership is monitoring us at all times! Didn't you get the memo?

Canucklehead
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmo

I didn't say they WEREN'T aliens Rev! The Mothership is monitoring us at all times! Didn't you get the memo?

You Earthlings are a precious bunch, ermm, We Earthlings..., that is

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Didn't you get the memo?

I learned long ago that it's best to throw memos away unread. If it's really important, somebody will phone.

sj007
7u guys dont kno how many q branch memeber r on here do u

Twila
Are those the little green men or hte little grey men?

sj007
i bieve thier gray but q keeps them very hush hush

Summer
Is it still paranoia if they really ARE out to get you?

sj007
no tht thre truth XD

bhoour
Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

Quote:

It is quite possible that I am paranoid.

Nothing wrong with being a little paranoid. I actually think its healthy. Keeps one on ones toes, so to speak.

okay i wasn't paranoid until I read about stalkers and spiders and robots, grey men, ............ .

I'm all for being aware of ones surroundings, but remember ......

PARANOIA MAY DESTROY ya..........

no1important
A piece of advice, the little "Grey men" are not so cute and cuddly.

Papachongo
Why is it always the soviets that are spying on us peaceful Canadians. Personally I think its the Swiss. Nobody can be that neutral. I mean even the word 'Swiss' inspires awe and fear from the masses.

no1important
It's the aliens man, yep the aliens. Don't say I did not warn you.

Gilgamesh
Quote: Originally Posted by bulldog View Post

Speaking of that, Rev, don't you want to laugh when you see all those old movies where the bad guys are Soviet spies? What a joke!

Bull Dog

Not a joke at all. Putin is bringing back the tradition.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post

Not a joke at all. Putin is bringing back the tradition.

Ah, conservatives and their boogy men.

DaSleeper
+1
#30  Top Rated Post
Whaaat? No Fakebook meme?