Democrats: Today & of the Future

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
Democrats just got a massive opening in Oklahoma while no one was watching

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/dem...-one-watching/

they have such an opportunity to evolve ..

Walter
Fake news, non-story.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

MHz
I was just about to grab my bag and book it.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3
#5  Top Rated Post
Joe Biden: After Charlottesville, Obama And I Could No Longer Remain Silent On Trump

Quote:

Former Vice President Joe Biden revealed Saturday why he and former President Barack Obama kept their mouths shut for so long about Donald Trump’s performance as president.
“Barack and I agreed to remain silent for a while to give this administration a chance to get up and running the first year,” Biden said at an annual dinner held by LGBTQ rights group the Human Rights Campaign. “God forgive me.”
However, Biden said, he couldn’t sit back after the events of August 2017 in Charlottesville, Virginia, when a man at a white supremacist rally drove his car through a crowd of anti-racist protesters and killed 32-year-old Heather Heyer.
“We have leaders who at the time when that occurred, when these guys were accompanied by white supremacists and Ku Klux Klan ... making a comparison saying there are good people in both groups,” Biden said. “What has become of us? Our children are listening. Our silence is complicity.”
After the violence in Charlottesville, Trump infamously took no stand at all, claiming there were “fine people on both sides” of the protest and there was plenty of blame to go around.
Biden began publicly denouncing Trump last year, delivering a speech in October 2017 in which he said America was headed down a “very dark path.” Obama, meanwhile, made his first public statements against Trump earlier this month as he began campaigning for congressional Democrats.
Referring to Trump’s “both sides” comment, Obama asked, “How hard can that be, saying that Nazis are bad?”

I didn't know they had stopped criticizing Trump to state we no longer could no longer stay silent LOl

taxslave
Free Thinker
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Democrats just got a massive opening in Oklahoma while no one was watching
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/dem...-one-watching/
they have such an opportunity to evolve ..

Nothing like biased reporting.

NZDoug
Free Thinker
What about a “Ban The Bomb” party?

Danbones
Free Thinker
If you are talking about democrats, are you sure you meant ban?

When it comes to such kingdoms, often the word "ban" is mistaken for the cautionary phrase
" throw the switch!"

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

LOL........LOVE that version

pgs
Free Thinker
+2

Me I can still walk , have all fingers and toes , my f. Ups were not quite as bad as yours .

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
Hillary Clinton charges that President Trump has launched five 'assaults' on democracy

She just won't go away, you would think she should have gotten the hint by now America doesn't want her

Hoid
because only 3 million more Americans voted for her than for Trump.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
How many are willing to admit to voting for her today?

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Deplorable dregs of society .

Hoid
Judging by the beating the GOP is about to take in the mid terms lots of democrats are getting out to vote

whereas the magahats? not too thrilled with anyone who has never even been on tv.

DaSleeper
+1
Wishful thinking again.....

taxslave
Free Thinker
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Probably she should have paid the russians a little more and she would have won.

Walter
+1
Republican Wins Texas District Held by Democrats for 139 Years
https://infostormer.com/republican-w...for-139-years/

Red wave in November. MAGA

gopher
No Party Affiliation
You often hear of a Blue Wave in the off year elections but, in truth, I don't see any real evidence of it.
As usual, Democrats have done nothing to end the gerrymandering of so many districts which have "won" elections for the Republicans. In fact there is some talk that the issue is being discussed at long last:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-how-they-work
Redistricting Reform: Redistricting reform will be on the ballot in four states this November, following the Missouri Supreme Court’s decision not to hear a GOP-backed appeal seeking to block a state legislative redistricting reform from going before voters.

In truth I am not too impressed by this puny effort on the part of the Democrats. FAR more could have been done for these past years. It may well be that they will pay a price for their indifference to this critical issue.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
GOP-appointed Michigan justice says she was intimidated, shunned for anti-gerrymandering decision
One of the Republican-appointed Michigan Supreme Court justices who voted in favor allowing the anti-gerrymandering Proposal 2 on the Nov. 6 ballot says she was bullied by "outside interests" before her decision and shunned by the GOP afterward. The court was split on a 4-3 vote.
Michigan Supreme Court Justice Elizabeth Clement made the revelations to The Detroit News in an article published Monday, saying there has "absolutely been an effort at bullying and intimidation" to influence her decision. (Somewhat ominously, she declined to identify exactly what these "outside interests" were.) Justice David Viviano, another Republican-appointed justice who also sided with Clement on the anti-gerrymandering decision, said it was a breach of legal protocol to use such tactics on a member of the court while a case was being decided.
"I would hope that people would look at me as an example and have faith in the judicial system that we stand up to it," Clement told the paper. "I swore an oath to the people, not to special interests to do their will. ... People expect that we won’t be swayed or intimidated by outside groups."
This is significant because gerrymandering in Michigan — or the undemocratic rigging of legislative districts by redrawing maps in such a way so as to pick winners and losers — is owned by Republicans , who redrew the maps in 2010. Emails obtained by Bridge Magazine indicate Republicans actively re-drew the maps to favor their party and disadvantage "Dem garbage."

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits...ering-decision

My question to Democrats is, why whine about it now rather than take constructive action to reverse it?

As always, the prefer to whine rather than to fight back.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+2
Why the Left Is Consumed With Hate
Lacking worthy menaces to fight, it is driven to find a replacement for racism. Failing this, what is left?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the...trending_now_3

This is a game where regardless of which team has the ball, the football only goes ONE way.

Hoid
Worthy menaces to fight?

The republicans are running amok. The national debt is out of control

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Why the Left Is Consumed With Hate
Lacking worthy menaces to fight, it is driven to find a replacement for racism. Failing this, what is left?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the...trending_now_3

This is a game where regardless of which team has the ball, the football only goes ONE way.

The guy who is consumed with hate for anyone or anything left of Attila the Hun points fingers... hmmm.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+2

The guy who is consumed with hate for anyone or anything left of Attila the Hun points fingers... hmmm.

Funny how right wing commentators were silent when the Tea Baggers were spewing hate for Obama and creating mischievous treason such as this:

note the Pharisaical church in the background

Hoid
It only counts for white guys.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Funny how right wing commentators were silent when the Tea Baggers were spewing hate for Obama and creating mischievous treason such as this:

note the Pharisaical church in the background

But no hate in you , right ? I mean is it not hateful to call people Tea Baggers ?

Hoid
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

But no hate in you , right ? I mean is it not hateful to call people Tea Baggers ?

Therefore silence on right wing hate.

Looking forward to your Chicken/egg solution.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Just a polite reminder that this is the term they used to call themselves.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1
Michael Bloomberg jolts Senate battle with $20 million for Democrats

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...olitics&wpmk=1