Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez


Hoid
+1
#1
This is the biggest story of the week, and for the Democrats probably of the year.

there is no Blue Wave that is going to be led by Hillary and Joe Crowley. They are the swamp. They represent the business as usual politics that people - democrat people - are sick to death of.

Trump and the Tea party have proven that the voters want extreme choices.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a self-described socialist. Like Bernie. They are what the left is supposed to be. Not these watered down centrists who believe in nothing.

This is the direction that the democrats have to take. Unless they can get a once in a lifetime candidate like Obama, they are not going to win big by simply not being Trump.

That is not going to work and it shouldn't work. People have to be presented with actual candidates who have actual ideas and beliefs and are willing to put them out there.

This is the way forward for America.
 
Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+3
#2
Quote:

Not these watered down centrists who believe in nothing.

Wow! Kiddy diddling, FN hating advocacy science pushers hate centrists? Well I can certainly see why.
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
+2
#3
Quote:

They are what the left is supposed to be.

Democrats Love Affair With Communism

Young Leftists see themselves so diversely open-minded, yet their brains had fallen out a long time ago

Assemblyman Travis Allen, also a Republican, said that “this bill is blatantly offensive to all Californians. Communism stands for everything that the United States stands against.”

A bill narrowly passed the house in California, repealing part of the law enacted during the Cold War era in our country’s history when communists were really active and infiltrating our government, attempting to overthrow it.

Why the Cold War era laws suddenly need changing is puzzling to other Republicans in the California legislature. It should not surprise anyone, given the fact that California is now ruled by a one party system, the Democrats; they have become advocates for communism, illegal aliens, and a sanctuary for law breakers.
https://canadafreepress.com/article/...with-communism


Quote:

This is the way forward for America.

Well now THAT is a purely communist expression.

Communism Is The Only Way Forward
http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...ly-Way-Forward



Same to you, MR genocidal Weiner.
Last edited by Danbones; Jun 28th, 2018 at 05:59 AM..
 
OpposingDigit
-1
#4
The "Progressive" Left will never be allowed to take control of the Democratic Party and their platform. It will be sidelined like Bernie Sanders was. They will need to form their own party if they want to succeed.
 
Walter
+2
#5
The Democrats Go Full Venezuela
https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/the-...ull-venezuela/
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

This is the biggest story of the week, and for the Democrats probably of the year.

there is no Blue Wave that is going to be led by Hillary and Joe Crowley. They are the swamp. They represent the business as usual politics that people - democrat people - are sick to death of.

Trump and the Tea party have proven that the voters want extreme choices.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a self-described socialist. Like Bernie. They are what the left is supposed to be. Not these watered down centrists who believe in nothing.

This is the direction that the democrats have to take. Unless they can get a once in a lifetime candidate like Obama, they are not going to win big by simply not being Trump.

That is not going to work and it shouldn't work. People have to be presented with actual candidates who have actual ideas and beliefs and are willing to put them out there.

This is the way forward for America.

Well you got the first part right.
But you will have to come up with a good reason why the American people would want to destroy their economy and revert to a totaltarian third world country like the rest of the socialists.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+2 / -1
#7
The political extremes are getting even more extreme in the United States. First, you get a fascist President and now the Dems are electing Marxists. I guess that the death of the political center corresponds with the general decline of the Middle Class.
 
Dixie Cup
Conservative
+3
#8
It's getting pretty scary when people fail to see what socialism/communism did in the past. I've even read a comment somewhere (here in CC?? - can't remember) whereby someone said that it failed in the past because it wasn't done right or words to that effect. I doubt that very much - it was done exactly how it was intended. And, should the US or any other country go down that road, the result will be the same. Why? Because mankind is full of people who are power hungry, dishonest and manipulative.


While democracy may not be perfect, it's the best we have currently and has done the majority of N.A. and other democracies very well indeed. Can we still improve upon the democracies we have? Yes, but why we want to throw away what we have now rather than improve upon it is beyond me.


Remember the words "never again?" While they were not said regarding the ideology of socialism/communism (although Jewish extermination was part of it), those words still hold true to that ideology. We tend to forget the past which is a real shame. Those who endorse this ideology will live to regret it should it ever come to pass.


JMHO
 
OpposingDigit
#9
Despite the repudiation of Crowley, however, the politics of Ocasio-Cortez and the DSA offer no way forward for the working class. There is not a hint of socialism in her program (the word itself does not appear on her web site), and both the candidate and the DSA have sought to downplay their connection. Anyone who suggests that her victory marks a shift to the left by the Democratic Party should be told, in no uncertain terms: Curb your enthusiasm!
----
In her first post-election interview on CNN. Ocasio-Cortez affirmed her undying loyalty to the Democratic Party, declaring, “I’m proud to be a Democrat. I was raised in a Democratic family, with Democratic values.” She has stated that her main goal is to help the Democrats recapture control of the House of Representatives in the November midterm election.
----
Ocasio-Cortez is a bourgeois politician, not a socialist. She does not question the economic foundations of capitalist society—the ownership of the banks and giant corporations by a financial aristocracy. She does not suggest that the property system in America or the accumulation of unheard-of wealth by a tiny fraction of the population should be questioned, let alone ended.
What the New York primary victory of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez means - World Socialist Web Site
 
Hoid
+1
#10
Medicare is socialism.

Public schools are socialism.

Welfare and unemployment and social security are socialism.

Without socialism there would be no America.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#11
I thought her win was fantastic. The Dem Party being torn apart.
 
mentalfloss
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Medicare is socialism.

Public schools are socialism.

Welfare and unemployment and social security are socialism.

Without socialism there would be no America.


Facts make them angry, Hoid.

Just look at ES
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I thought her win was fantastic. The Dem Party being torn apart.

Yep the resistance is growing and surpassing the Dems. hopes with the activists being put forward from the primaries
 
DaSleeper
+2
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Facts make them angry, Hoid.

Just look at ES


Who's really angry huh?


It's the sore losers and you "foul balls" who can't get over Trump winning and are going to whine for the next two and maybe six years
 
EagleSmack
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Facts make them angry, Hoid.

Just look at ES


You don't think Cortez winning is great?


I do. For different reasons but I must certainly do.

Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Yep the resistance is growing and surpassing the Dems. hopes with the activists being put forward from the primaries


She ran on a platform of pretty much free everything. One report was an 11% turnout in her district. She is a sure thing for a seat in Congress, but it will be an interesting race. Even Trump congratulated her.
 
Hoid
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Facts make them angry, Hoid.

Just look at ES

no he's a first ballot Ignore Lister
 
Tecumsehsbones
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

no he's a first ballot Ignore Lister

I'm sure that'd cut him deeply. No, seriously, I imagine the tears will be rolling down his cheeks.

As he roars with laughter.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+3
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

The political extremes are getting even more extreme in the United States. First, you get a fascist President and now the Dems are electing Marxists. I guess that the death of the political center corresponds with the general decline of the Middle Class.

Funny George , look at employment and wage gains
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
-1
#19
Just Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on the Idiot Box. What a breath of fresh air. I bet it makes you jealous that you're not still alive, eh pigs?
 
justlooking
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by OpposingDigit View Post

The "Progressive" Left will never be allowed to take control of the Democratic Party and their platform. It will be sidelined like Bernie Sanders was. They will need to form their own party if they want to succeed.


I hope you are correct.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

I hope you are correct.

Us old farts are toast. The young are going to turn it all inside out.
 
justlooking
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Medicare is socialism.

Public schools are socialism.

Welfare and unemployment and social security are socialism.

Without socialism there would be no America.




And look what a disaster all those program really are.

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Us old farts are toast. The young are going to turn it all inside out.


Oh so you mean the crash will come even faster ? OK, that's fine.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
-1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

And look what a disaster all those program really are.

Medicare beats the shit out of any of the half-assed substitutes that the Yanks have come up with. The entire civilized world has workable health care except for the USA. Incompetent assholes, all.

Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

And look what a disaster all those program really are.

The crash has already happened. It resulted in the Americans choosing a fascist demagogue, rather than a proper leader.
 
justlooking
+2
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

. The entire civilized world has workable health care


No they don't.
Watch what happens over the next years, as no one else can pay for what they have.
They have sold out future generations for a very selfish present.




Quote:

The crash has already happened. It resulted in the Americans choosing a fascist demagogue, father than a proper leader.


Proper Leader.
Yes, they missed the chance for Hildebeast.
What a wonderful bullet... dodged.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

No they don't.
Watch what happens over the next years, as no one else can pay for what they have.
They have sold out future generations for a very selfish present.







Proper Leader.
Yes, they missed the chance for Hildebeast.
What a wonderful bullet... dodged.

He's incompetent. Maybe, you are too.

It's 1938 again and you're just another pathetic surrender monkey.
Last edited by Curious Cdn; Jun 29th, 2018 at 12:40 AM..
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by OpposingDigit View Post

The "Progressive" Left will never be allowed to take control of the Democratic Party and their platform. It will be sidelined like Bernie Sanders was. They will need to form their own party if they want to succeed.

Sidelined?

LOL
CHEATED out of the election by hitlery you mean!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

He's incompetent. Maybe, you are too.

It's 1938 again and you're just another pathetic surrender monkey.

Wow hitlery, you are just too much dearie!!!

Like you said when you murdered Qaddafi: You came, you saw, you effed it all up completely!!!!




You sick be*tch.
 
EagleSmack
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post


Oh so you mean the crash will come even faster ? OK, that's fine.

Perhaps he means like they did in the 60s. Before the Baby Boomers all became conservatives.

Oh and by the way... she is Catholic and quotes the bible.
 
Hoid
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Us old farts are toast. The young are going to turn it all inside out.

The American political system is totally broken.

It is running on automatic, and nothing matters anymore.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#29
The America Political system elected Cortez.

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Medicare beats the shit out of any of the half-assed substitutes that the Yanks have come up with. The entire civilized world has workable health care except for the USA. Incompetent assholes, all.


And Canadian Pols pay top dollar for it!
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

The America Political system elected Cortez.



And Canadian Pols pay top dollar for it!

A fraction of the population pays for it
 

Similar Threads

9
Man robs same Alexandria bank five times
by Tecumsehsbones | Sep 9th, 2013
16