Tim Hortons No Longer #1 For Coffee

Cliffy
+1 / -1
That chart makes me think that most Canadians have no idea what a good cup of coffee tastes like.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

That chart makes me think that most Canadians have no idea what a good cup of coffee tastes like.

What's yours, Cliffy? Don't keep us in suspense!

Walter
+1

Makes me think it's good to have competition.

Danbones
I think that test system looks like it might be more of a specific marketing tool then a decent ranking, but having said that:
I m a coffee nut. I use a grinder, make small pots, ( less then 6 cups) and use real cream, and spend in a month what some timmies addicts spend in a day.

I fill a thermos and go socialize ( timmies aren't far off, in a small town we have 5 of them round here.)

that IS whats in my thermos...

Retired_Can_Soldier
I remember when McDonalds coffee used to taste like it was made with brown crayons. When I was on the road I brewed my own, but in a pinch I'd take a McDonalds over a Timmies.

TenPenny
+1

The best coffee I get is at home.

B00Mer
+1

I don’t drink coffee, but wouldn’t the best coffee be brewed at home?

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

I remember when McDonalds coffee used to taste like it was made with brown crayons. When I was on the road I brewed my own, but in a pinch I'd take a McDonalds over a Timmies.

Oddly enough, some years ago (15? 20? 30? I can't remember), Tim Hortons started doing their own roasting/blending of their coffee. At that time, the company that used to supply them (which might have been vanHoutte, I'm not sure) started supplying McDonald's coffee.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Cafe 220 Grad, Salzburg.

Best cup of coffee in the world.

Cannuck
Grind my own beans. There's lots of good smaller coffee shops around today. I'm not sure why anybody would go to a big chain.

In Edmonton right now and went to a coffee shop yesterday on the corner of 124 st and 105 ave. One of the best I've been to in awhile.

Danbones
they gotta use quality sugar

darkbeaver
I swill Timmies dark roast black only because it's on my trail. I stopped with the cream and sugar a few years ago.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Grind my own beans. There's lots of good smaller coffee shops around today. I'm not sure why anybody would go to a big chain.

In Edmonton right now and went to a coffee shop yesterday on the corner of 124 st and 105 ave. One of the best I've been to in awhile.

I go to a chain if I'm on the road, or for something to hold at the rink when my daughter used to play hockey. Other than that, I drink what I make at home or at work. At work is better, because it's free.

darkbeaver
Free would be my first choice as well.

Kreskin
I personally pick hill-grown Chilean beans and with a granite hand grindstone reduce to semi coarse fine, then boil at precisely 103.26 degrees for 3.5 minutes. Together with my home grown sugar cane and organic hand milked dairy I reduce the heat to 70 degrees and drink from personally casted ceramic pottery.

Or I go to Tims.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Amateur. Poseur.

Come back when you GROW your own beans.

TenPenny
+2
#18  Top Rated Post
I mine copper ore, smelt it, and hand hammer a pot to boil the water in. Then I collect the water from glacier runoff.

Angstrom
This just in, Tim Hortons filing for bankruptcy

Cliffy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Kicking Horse brewed in Golden BC, the Kick Ass dark roast blend.