Barrett Jackson.

Ludlow
Well I'm watching this auction. People spending upwards to 200 grand for a collector car or truck. They are all beautiful vehicles. In 1975 I bought my first and only brand new vehicle. It was a 1975 short wheel base Chevy Van . Blue metal flake in color with big tires and Crager mag wheels. I was proud. I paid $4800 for the van. Drove it up and down the coast highway more than once and had the time of my life. Having shared this, I'm watching this auction and there's nothing wrong with it. As for me I could not bring myself to spend money on a car that I could buy a house with. Some folks got more money than sense I guess.

B00Mer
on Velocity? Don't think they get that in Canada?

Barrett-Jackson Auction Company - World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions

[youtube]U_n_Fz4tsrI[/youtube]

Ludlow
I believe so.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

I believe so.

Ya I watch it.. have DirecTV in Canada though.

Love the program some amazing vehicle for sale on that auction ...

Do you remember the program with the bus??

Ludlow
No this is my first time watching it.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

No this is my first time watching it.

Oh I love Velocity.. my favourite program is Overhaulin with Chip Foose.

[youtube]Ud_K8-Egm90[/youtube]

Chip Foose, Foose Design

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Do you remember the program with the bus??

I saw one of those on the street here once-an amazing sight.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

I saw one of those on the street here once-an amazing sight.

Scratching head.. this is the only 3 left in the world working... fetched 4 million

1950 GENERAL MOTORS FUTURLINER PARADE OF PROGRESS TOUR BUS - 15395

One of 12 built by GM, a self-contained display and transport vehicle created by the GM design staff under Harley Earl's direction. Opening side, lighting, retractable stage, distinctive center "cupola" cockpit driving position and dual wheel front axle. Used in the "Parade of Progress" touring exhibit created by "Boss" Kettering that complemented the GM "Motoramas" from 1940 through 1956. One of only three survivors restored in their original "Parade of Progress" configuration (the others are in long term ownership by NATMUS and Peter Pan Bus Lines), this Futurliner is fully functional and has toured Canada in corporate promotions. Recently returned to its original "Parade of Progress" configuration and colors. Powered by a 400ci GM truck engine and fully equipped including an onboard motor-generator and updated air conditioning for the driver's compartment. A matchless symbol of the American auto industry at the height of its power and influence.

[youtube]DwoUCNFpfkI[/youtube]

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Scratching head.. this is the only one left in the world... fetched 4 million

Maybe it was a cheapo copy maybe it was a prototype it certainly wasn't as nice as the one in the photo.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

Maybe it was a cheapo copy maybe it was a prototype it certainly wasn't as nice as the one in the photo.

Sorry corrected that 3 left in running condition.. it toured Canada. Probably when you saw it..