Grab her by the licence plate? Nova Scotia man's ’Grabher’ licence plate deemed offen

spaminator
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
spaminator
Nova Scotia man to fight for 'Grabher' licence plate in province's Supreme Court

Jinentonix
+1
Think about it for a moment. The Ministry, ergo the Province, has told this man that his family name is offensive. I wouldn't just be taking this to court, I'd also be taking before the Human Rights Commission and suing the snot out of the province for it. Too bad he can't find out who the original complainant was so he could sue the snot out them too. Maybe when it starts costing progtards actual money for being whiny little a$$wipes, they'll quit whining and complaining about every little thing.

Danbones
Boy, if I ever see a licence plate that says "feds"...

lone wolf
+1
The name isn't good enough for a licence plate ... but it's okay on all his ID, the drivers licence, the vehicle ownership - not to mention the name under which he pays all those fees. If the name's good enough to put on the door (expression, nit-pickers) it's good enough to put on the plate

lone wolf
+1
The name isn't good enough for a licence plate ... but it's okay on all his ID, the drivers licence, the vehicle ownership - not to mention the name under which he pays all those fees. If the name's good enough to put on the door (expression, nit-pickers) it's good enough to put on the plate

Tecumsehsbones
+1
As I said the last time this came up, my neighbor Dan Blowme has the same problem.

TenPenny
+5
#8  Top Rated Post
The big issue is that he's had the plate for 26 years, and all of a sudden someone is offended because of Trump. I think the fact that his use of the plate pre-dates Trumps comments make that argument invalid.

WLDB
+2
Stupid move by the government.

spaminator
Lawyers in man with 'Grabher' licence plate to take case to Supreme Court | Cana

spaminator
N.S. man wins $750 from province amid lengthy battle over 'Grabher' licence plate
Canadian Press
More from Canadian Press
Published:
June 22, 2018
Updated:
June 22, 2018 12:14 PM EDT
A Nova Scotia retiree has been awarded $750 following an earlier court skirmish over a report that claimed a licence plate bearing his last name supports sexual violence against women. Lorne Grabher displays his personalized licence plate in Dartmouth, N.S. on Friday, March 24, 2017.Andrew Vaughan / THE CANADIAN PRESS
HALIFAX — The Nova Scotia government has to reimburse a retiree for a court skirmish over a report suggesting a licence plate bearing his last name supports sexual violence against women.
Lorne Grabher has been trying to reinstate his personalized licence plate since it was revoked in 2016 by the Registrar of Motor Vehicles following an anonymous complaint about the plate.
In February, Grabher’s lawyer fought to strike a Crown report by a McGill University professor linking the plate text — GRABHER — to derogatory comments about women made by U.S. President Donald Trump.
Grabher was awarded $750 in court costs in a decision released this week, but he won’t actually be getting a cheque.
The money will offset the costs — also $750 — that Grabher had been ordered to pay after the Crown succeeded in getting portions of his affidavit struck earlier this year.
Nova Scotia Supreme Court Justice Pierre Muise said the same costs award “will do justice between the parties.”
Grabher’s trial will resume in early September, where he will make constitutional arguments against the registrar’s regulations and its decision to revoke the plate.

[youtube]eTokfS_l0bA[/youtube]
N.S. man wins $750 from province amid lengthy battle over ‘Grabher’ licence plate | Toronto Sun