The latest craze in tatoos.

Cliffy
+2
You Will Not Believe What This Girl Did To Her Leg.
The San Francisco Times

Mowich
+1
Creepy at first, second and third. It's striking, intricate, fascinating artwork for sure though.

PoliticalNick
+1
Way talented artists....but I wouldn't get any of those....well, maybe the scorpion just because it's my sign.

captain morgan
+1
The tattoo artists that performed the work have remarkable talent

BornRuff
These have been floating around the internet for a few years. They are certainly the product of some cool artistry, but they are not actual tattoos.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

You Will Not Believe What This Girl Did To Her Leg.
The San Francisco Times

What's really scary Cliffy, is how many sick people does one incident like this involve. Very sad!

Cliffy
+1
I think the art work is incredible but to me, tattoos are a form of self mutilation, along with body piercing, but if it gets their rocks off, who am i to judge. I certainly wouldn't put myself through it.

JLM

I think the art work is incredible but to me, tattoos are a form of self mutilation, along with body piercing, but if it gets their rocks off, who am i to judge. I certainly wouldn't put myself through it.

Well, that's right, Cliffy, If we were meant to have tattooes we'd be born with them! - Actually I guess some are, my grand daughter has a birth mark on the back of her thigh.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Well, that's right, Cliffy, If we were meant to have tattooes we'd be born with them! - Actually I guess some are, my grand daughter has a birth mark on the back of her thigh.

I have a face tattooed on the front of my skull. Pllltttzzz!!!

JLM

I have a face tattooed on the front of my skull. Pllltttzzz!!!

Funny, I think I have one too. Yikes! -

Cliffy

Funny, I think I have one too. Yikes! -

Ya, but do you recognize him? I don't.

lone wolf
+1
Great artwork!

I'm still thinking about moon eyes on the back of my head....

Sal
+2

Tecumsehsbones
Now THAT's a grumpy cat!

Sal
yeah and that's one big azz calf to for Grumpy to live on

lone wolf
+1
Darth Kitty.... Cool!

Sal
+1
and speaking of low IQs

nice lips though on this last one...lol

Said1
+1
I have tattoos, I love them. Been getting tattooed since I was 18.

Sal
I like this last one:

What kind of tat should I choose...I know........I love ice-cream...now where should I place it...I know.....

this just screams brilliance, I'd hire him in a moment to peddle the Dixie Cream bike.

Yeah.

spaminator
+1
SUNshine Girl > Natalie

Natalie

SUNshine Girl Natalie, our green-eyed, 19-year-old Sagittarius loves all forms of music and enjoys watching horror and comedy movies with her mother. She’s also an animal lover, especially her two dogs and two cats. (DAVE THOMAS/QMI Agency)

SUNshineGirl | Toronto Sun

not my cup of tea but I thought id share.

relic
+3
#21  Top Rated Post
People, some people that get tats don't think about what they will look like in twenty + years. I have a coiled snake I got thirty years ago,looks like a pile of dog **** now.

Twila
+3
Love tats. Grew up around people with tats. My dad had tat's done with bamboo needles in the far east. Old school.

I have an artist working on creating me a cover up piece which will incorporate a tat my dad had from his navy days. I am sooooo looking forward to it.

Sal
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

Love tats. Grew up around people with tats. My dad had tat's done with bamboo needles in the far east. Old school.

I have an artist working on creating me a cover up piece which will incorporate a tat my dad had from his navy days. I am sooooo looking forward to it.

Twila?

Ooooooooooooomg it has been years woman!!!

Glad to see you. Hope all has been well. Can't even remember which site we were on together before this one but cheers!

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

hehe My trick would be implanting a small speaker with a looped audio clip of DV breathing in my shoe to go with the cat in the hat.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

hehe My trick would be implanting a small speaker with a looped audio clip of DV breathing in my shoe to go with the cat in the hat.

haha......can't beat that....lol

Twila
Quote:

Glad to see you. Hope all has been well. Can't even remember which site we were on together before this one but cheers!

Thanks Sal. I think we've been on several boards together....I believe even possibly a board or 2 that splintered into other boards...

Quote:

People, some people that get tats don't think about what they will look like in twenty + years. I have a coiled snake I got thirty years ago,looks like a pile of dog **** now.

That would be an interesting take on tats....to plan for their eventual change and reshaping due to age....

Sal

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

I always thought it was pretty hard to beat the human body as it comes! -

Sal

I always thought it was pretty hard to beat the human body as it comes! -

,lots feel that way for sure, others not so much...I thought that one was creative

coldstream
I'm watching Ink Master again on Spike.

It's 9th season starts tonight. It's the one Reality Show that i've returned to after the first season. I abandoned Survivor, American Idol, the Bachelor.. even the Apprentice.. after the first year. But i find the tattoo show endlessly interesting. Partly because of the idiots who let a bunch of strangers decide on a tattoo they'll be stuck with for the rest of their lives, in a rushed composition, often in a style that is alien to the tattoists specialty. Some of them end up with real messes; all for some free ink.

I have no tattoos. And frankly in my generation unless you were a sailor, a biker or a convict you didn't have a tattoo. They all represented 'membership'. All followed a specific aesthetic order. Sailors did American Traditional in bright colours, thick outlines and subjects such as ships, anchors, hula girls, parrots. Bikers did the Black and Greys with skulls, shrouds and cobwebs. Cons did thin stick figures from jerry-rigged kits, usually cave drawings with an emphasis on ruuns, numbers, gang affiliations.

You can look at the world's biggest rock bands from the 70s and you'd be hardpressed to find a single tattoo. That would be unheard of today. Tattoos as personal expression began in the 1990s. I developed a full pattern for myself, but i wouldn't get one. Old skin doesn't tattoo well. But i'm pretty sure what i came up with would remain meaningful for the rest of my life AND that it would be completely DIFFERENT than what i would have come up with in my 20s.

So i'm thankful this really wasn't anything people thought about in my generation. But its still fun to watch what people come up with. Some of it is very impressive.. some not so much.
Last edited by coldstream; Jun 6th, 2017 at 12:56 PM..