2018 Midterm Election


Tecumsehsbones
#631
The Dumbocrats still have the chance to snatch defeat from the jaws of certain victory, and it seems like they're doing everything they can to do just that.

"Trump Sucks," while certainly true, ain't much of a platform.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#632
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

The Dumbocrats still have the chance to snatch defeat from the jaws of certain victory, and it seems like they're doing everything they can to do just that.
"Trump Sucks," while certainly true, ain't much of a platform.

Fractious lot the broad spectrum party that includes everyone to the left of Atilla the Hun. Gotta wonder if your two party system may have run it's course.
 
Walter
+1
#633
Quote: Originally Posted by justducky View Post

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politic...ms-study-finds
"SNIP.....
The Kids Are Alright — And They’re Voting in the Midterms, Study FindsReport shows young people planning to vote in historic numbers in 2018
Stephanie Akin
@stephanieakin
Posted Oct 9, 2018 5:03 PM
Young people, who typically sit out midterm elections, are planning to vote in potentially historic numbers in 2018, according to a report released Tuesday from Tufts University.
People ages 18 to 24 are also receiving more campaign outreach and paying closer attention this year, potentially matching the run-up to the 2016 presidential election, according to a report from the nonpartisan Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement at Tufts University.
“There has been repeated skepticism about young people and their intent to actually come out to vote,” said Kei Kawashima-Ginsberg, the center’s director. “It’s been really surprising to see even the teenagers express as much enthusiasm around voting.”
......
The survey of 2,087 people ages 18 to 24 found 34 percent were extremely likely to vote. Forty-five percent of those voters said they would vote for Democrats, versus 26 percent for Republicans.
.....SNIP"

Total bullshit. Millennials will “forget” to vote.
 
Hoof Hearted
+3
#634
Millennials will only vote if Amazon ships them the ballot the next day for free.
 
spaminator
#635
FBI says man planned 200-pound bomb at National Mall on Election Day
Associated Press
Published:
October 10, 2018
Updated:
October 10, 2018 9:14 PM EDT
The home of Paul Rosenfeld is shown Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018, in Tappan, N.Y. (AP Photo/Frank Franklin II)
NEW YORK — Federal authorities have charged a New York man with building a 200-pound (90-kilogram) bomb they say he planned to detonate on Election Day on the National Mall in Washington.
Paul Rosenfeld, 56, of Tappan, was charged Wednesday with unlawfully manufacturing a destructive device and interstate transportation and receipt of an explosive.
Prosecutors said he planned to use the bomb to kill himself and draw attention to a political system called sortition, in which public officials are chosen randomly rather than elected.
It was not immediately clear whether Rosenfeld had an attorney. A message left with the federal public defender’s office in White Plains, which often represents newly arrested criminal defendants, wasn’t immediately returned.
The FBI raided Rosenfeld’s home Tuesday and found a functional bomb in his basement that consisted of black powder inside a plywood box, according to a criminal complaint.
Agents also found empty canisters of black powder often used in firearms and artillery, the complaint said.
The FBI said in court filings that Rosenfeld, after being pulled over on Tuesday, confessed to ordering large quantities of black powder over the internet and having the substance delivered to “a location in New Jersey.”
Rosenfeld took the black powder to New York, constructed smaller explosive devices and conducted test detonations, according to the criminal complaint.
William Sweeney Jr., the assistant director of the FBI’s New York field office, said in a statement that Rosenfeld intended to “detonate a large explosive to kill himself and draw attention to his radical beliefs.”
“Had he been successful, Rosenfeld’s alleged plot could have claimed the lives of innocent bystanders and caused untold destruction,” Sweeney said in the statement. “Fortunately, his plans were thwarted by the quick action of a concerned citizen and the diligent work of a host of our law enforcement partners and the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force.”
Rosenfeld had an initial court appearance before a magistrate at a federal courthouse in White Plains on Wednesday afternoon.
http://torontosun.com/news/crime/fbi...n-election-day
 
justducky
-1
#636
https://www.politicususa.com/2018/10...-tank.html/amp


"SNIP....

Fox News Dumps Live Trump Rally Coverage After Ratings Tank



Fox News has stopped covering Trump’s rallies live because they were drawing lower rating than their regular primetime programming.

Politico reported, “During three Trump rallies last week, Fox News showed clips and highlights from his speeches but stuck largely with its normal weekday prime-time programming. On Saturday, when “Fox Report Weekend” and “Justice with Judge Jeanine” would ordinarily air, the network showed Trump’s speech from Topeka, Kan., in full. But on Tuesday, a rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa, was particularly hard to find — it was not aired live on any major network, and even C-SPAN cut away for other news. And on Wednesday night, as Trump took the stage in Erie, Pa., at 7 p.m., Fox News stuck with its coverage of Hurricane Michael.”

Trump is a ratings loser for Fox News

Fox News viewers still love Trump, but they don’t tune in because everybody has seen Trump’s act before. He offers nothing new. It is the same old schtick, with the same tired lock her up and build the wall chants that viewers have heard for the last three years. Trump needs to get some new material. CNN and MSNBC dumped Trump’s rallies long ago, as the networks both deemed them not newsworthy, but it is still a blow that Trump’s cable news home base doesn’t want to take the hit of showing his rambling rallies to a Trump fatigued nation.

.....SNIP"
 
EagleSmack
+2
#637
...And in other Alt-Left News...


*snicker*
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
-1
#638
Quote: Originally Posted by justducky View Post

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/10...-tank.html/amp


"SNIP....

Fox News Dumps Live Trump Rally Coverage After Ratings Tank



Fox News has stopped covering Trump’s rallies live because they were drawing lower rating than their regular primetime programming.

Politico reported, “During three Trump rallies last week, Fox News showed clips and highlights from his speeches but stuck largely with its normal weekday prime-time programming. On Saturday, when “Fox Report Weekend” and “Justice with Judge Jeanine” would ordinarily air, the network showed Trump’s speech from Topeka, Kan., in full. But on Tuesday, a rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa, was particularly hard to find — it was not aired live on any major network, and even C-SPAN cut away for other news. And on Wednesday night, as Trump took the stage in Erie, Pa., at 7 p.m., Fox News stuck with its coverage of Hurricane Michael.”

Trump is a ratings loser for Fox News

Fox News viewers still love Trump, but they don’t tune in because everybody has seen Trump’s act before. He offers nothing new. It is the same old schtick, with the same tired lock her up and build the wall chants that viewers have heard for the last three years. Trump needs to get some new material. CNN and MSNBC dumped Trump’s rallies long ago, as the networks both deemed them not newsworthy, but it is still a blow that Trump’s cable news home base doesn’t want to take the hit of showing his rambling rallies to a Trump fatigued nation.

.....SNIP"

Trump fatigue indeed. He has been tiresome , shallow, superficial and repetitive for a long time now.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+3
#639
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Trump fatigue indeed. He has been tiresome , shallow, superficial and repetitive for a long time now.

Yet he is still President of the United States , and despite his crass bullying tactics has had two , count them 2 Supreme Court Judges nominated . That megalomaniac has changed the face of the court for years to come . It is quite possible a third could become available . Doesn’t that just send shivers down your spine ?
 
EagleSmack
+3
#640
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Trump fatigue indeed. He has been tiresome , shallow, superficial and repetitive for a long time now.


He's still President and has had you in a rage for years with many more to come!
 
Walter
#641
BETO O’ROURKE RAISES NEARLY $40 MILLION AS POLLS PLUNGE
https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/12/beto-ted-cruz-polls/

D’oh! Beto better not bet the house on the midterm. Advertising companies are loving it.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1 / -1
#642
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

He's still President and has had you in a rage for years with many more to come!

Let's see just how low the United States of America can slide.
 
EagleSmack
+2
#643
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Let's see just how low the United States of America can slide.


*yawn*
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+2
#644
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

*yawn*

Yes, we already know that it's populated by dim bulbs like you.
 
Walter
#645
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Yes, we already know that it's populated by dim bulbs like you.

Ad hominem is a poor argument.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1 / -1
#646
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Ad hominem is a poor argument.

...and you are a bullshit poster.

How's that for an ad hominem, Murphy?
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
#647
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yet he is still President of the United States , and despite his crass bullying tactics has had two , count them 2 Supreme Court Judges nominated . That megalomaniac has changed the face of the court for years to come . It is quite possible a third could become available . Doesn’t that just send shivers down your spine ?

That says more about the folks supporting him , than trump himself.They don't want quality, intelligence, competence , organisation, wisdom, diplomatic skills, and vast world knowledge. Seems the people want a simpleton, who repeats the same slogans and catch phrases to the point of numbing the population.
There is NO critical thinking in the Trump group. No intellectual analysis. Just group think. Mind you if that is what they want.........no problem..........just keep the incompetent narcissist tethered to within the US brooders. Let West entertain him with his maniacal monologue until his term is up............. and hopefully some sanity will return to the USG.
 
Walter
+1
#648
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

That says more about the folks supporting him , than trump himself.They don't want quality, intelligence, competence , organisation, wisdom, diplomatic skills, and vast world knowledge. Seems the people want a simpleton, who repeats the same slogans and catch phrases to the point of numbing the population.
There is NO critical thinking in the Trump group. No intellectual analysis. Just group think. Mind you if that is what they want.........no problem..........just keep the incompetent narcissist tethered to within the US brooders. Let West entertain him with his maniacal monologue until his term is up............. and hopefully some sanity will return to the USG.

Yet, with all yer hate, the world is in a better place than it was two years ago. MAGA
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#649
Careful Walter, lest you upset the "'no minds"!
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#650
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Careful Walter, lest you upset the "'no minds"!

Witty, reposte, Howdy Doody!
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1 / -1
#651
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Yet, with all yer hate, the world is in a better place than it was two years ago. MAGA

And with all your creepy, repressed adoration of Preznut Spanky, you're still not American, and have no say and no interest in our elections.
 
Hoid
#652
the world is a better place for racists.
 
Hoid
#653
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/1612388002/

new poll says 4 in 10 Ohio voters open to impeaching Trump.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#654
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

That says more about the folks supporting him , than trump himself.They don't want quality, intelligence, competence , organisation, wisdom, diplomatic skills, and vast world knowledge. Seems the people want a simpleton, who repeats the same slogans and catch phrases to the point of numbing the population.
There is NO critical thinking in the Trump group. No intellectual analysis. Just group think. Mind you if that is what they want.........no problem..........just keep the incompetent narcissist tethered to within the US brooders. Let West entertain him with his maniacal monologue until his term is up............. and hopefully some sanity will return to the USG.

Jobs , jobs , jobs , it is the economy . Plus twosremes .
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#655
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/1612388002/

new poll says 4 in 10 Ohio voters open to impeaching Trump.

However 6 in 10 control the vote .
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#656
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

That says more about the folks supporting him , than trump himself.They don't want quality, intelligence, competence , organisation, wisdom, diplomatic skills, and vast world knowledge. Seems the people want a simpleton, who repeats the same slogans and catch phrases to the point of numbing the population.
There is NO critical thinking in the Trump group. No intellectual analysis. Just group think. Mind you if that is what they want.........no problem..........just keep the incompetent narcissist tethered to within the US brooders. Let West entertain him with his maniacal monologue until his term is up............. and hopefully some sanity will return to the USG.


You think Kavanaugh is a simpleton?
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#657
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#658
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

the world is a better place for racists.


Neptune would even be better yet!
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#659
Quote: Originally Posted by cliffy View Post

mawa!
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#660
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

How about some links Cliffy
 

Similar Threads

4
Midterm election results so far
by Icarus27k | Oct 21st, 2010