Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Judging from some of your comments you know less about US politics than I do.

Seriously Bar... you are pretty much clueless when it comes to U.S politics. I can see why you rush to Cortez's defense.

Anyhow....

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez calls for abolishing the electoral college

http://www.kusi.com/alexandria-ocasi...toral-college/

"It is well past time we eliminate the Electoral College, a shadow of slaveryís power on America today that undermines our nation as a democratic republic."

Zero Clue

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Nobody talking much about these surprise primary results. She was not polling like she was going to win, and neither was the guy in Florida.

There seems to be a problem predicting who is going to vote, let alone who they are going to vote for.

Probably the strength of the youth vote not captured in traditional polls

EagleSmack
+1

Probably the strength of the youth vote not captured in traditional polls

edit...

Well I guess we'll see on the youth vote.

What primary were you talking about?

Hoid
+2
Ocasio-Cortez the youngest woman ever elected to Congress

EagleSmack
+3
I bet she can't wait to be inaugurated on January 3rd and sign Healh Care into law on January 4th.

*snicker*

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I bet she can't wait to be inaugurated on January 3rd and sign Healh Care into law on January 4th.
*snicker*

No, the FBI Russia probe will take center stage on January 4th, instead.

*snicker*

Danbones
Free Thinker
+2
That's a forecast from years ago that never came true

Talk about scraping the bottom of the bag dearie...

Walter
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

*snicker*

Theyíll keep looking for the unicorn.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

*snicker*

I guess we'll be returning to this post on January 4th then to do a follow up on your prediction.

*snicker*

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
She can't decide who's side she is on protesting Pelosi will be remembered me thinks

Hoid
She seems to know exactly whose side she is on.

pgs
Free Thinker
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Nothing is free . I learned that lesson before entering grade school .. I am surprised a senior like yourself hasnít figured that out yet . I imagine when you donít make anything you never notice what the government takes .

Hoid
according to you only rich people are paying for it.

so who cares?

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

according to you only rich people are paying for it.

so who cares?

Where did I ever say that ? Skew words, skew figures , sh-t if you had half a brain I would think you were a lawyer , but sadly you donít .

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

The reason mouse traps work is because the mouse doesn't understand or care why the cheese is free.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Where did I ever say that ? Skew words, skew figures , sh-t if you had half a brain I would think you were a lawyer , but sadly you donít .

10% of the the people pay 90% of the tax?

Didnt you just recently make that stat up?

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

She can't decide who's side she is on protesting Pelosi will be remembered me thinks

Ohhhhh yes. If Pelosi gets the gavel again these Democrat Rebels will get a rude awakening on how this all works. Without a doubt, Nancy will call each and everyone of these new members to the pronicipal's office.

EagleSmack
+1
So enjoyable to watch AOC battle openly with Pelosi.

She has not even been "inaugurated" yet.

*snicker*

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Ohhhhh yes. If Pelosi gets the gavel again these Democrat Rebels will get a rude awakening on how this all works. Without a doubt, Nancy will call each and everyone of these new members to the pronicipal's office.

I thought you understood how US democracy works. The leader of the House of Representatives cannot force her colleagues to do anything and attempting to censure them would be extremely unwise.

Tecumsehsbones

I thought you understood how US democracy works. The leader of the House of Representatives cannot force her colleagues to do anything and attempting to censure them would be extremely unwise.

He's actually closer than you are. The House leadership can bring pressure, rewards, and punishments to bear on members. The textbook Congress works considerably differently from the real Congress in Washington.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Yeah, its called blackmail.

EagleSmack
+1

Clearly you have no idea how Congress works. What is unwise is junior members of Congress attacking the Leader of the House, particularly one that is in her own party.

With that said... I encourage AOC to go after Pelosi. I wish that she fights her every step and encourages all of the other new Democrat members of the House to join her.

I do believe that Pelosi will teach AOC and the rest of them a lesson on respecting the establishment Democrat Party and they will be quite compliant eventually and be good little followers.

Feel free to contribute, your lack of knowledge is amusing.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Not happy how she is being treated in her first couple of days of orientation

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's first days in Congress: Treated as intern, clothing criticized

Quote:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's first two days in the nation's capital have been an adventure. The 29-year-old, who was the youngest Congresswoman ever elected, was mistaken for an intern her first day and Thursday, her second day, was criticized over her attire through a tweet that was later deleted.
"People keep giving me directions to the spouse and intern events instead of the ones for members of Congress," Ocasio-Cortez wrote Wednesday afternoon on Twitter.

Quote:

"I STILL get stopped in the halls and confused for a spouse or an intern. This is what happens when you're a young WOC [woman of color] in Congress -- but it shouldn't," Rep. Grace Meng, D-N.Y. who was elected in 2013 wrote on Twitter.
It wasn't just women, either.
"After four years I still get stopped sometimes," tweeted Rep. Carlos Curbelo, who just lost an election to Democratic challenger Debbie Mucarsel-Powell. "Happens to a lot of the younger Members. It’s no big deal. You’ll get over it."

Quote:

But on Thursday, the attire of Ocasio-Cortez, one of the most recognizable newly elected House members, became the focus.
Eddy Scarry, a reporter for the Washington Examiner, posted a photo of Ocasio-Cortez's backside, saying the Congresswoman-elect's clothing showed she wasn't struggling.
"Hill staffer sent me this pic of Ocasio-Cortez they took just now," Scarry wrote. "I’ll tell you something: that jacket and coat don’t look like a girl who struggles.

Click the link for the full article

Hoid
There's dozens of rookie male senators and congressman in Washington.

Not a single story on their pants.

pgs
Free Thinker

There's dozens of rookie male senators and congressman in Washington.

Not a single story on their pants.

Write one .

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Not happy how she is being treated in her first couple of days of orientation
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's first days in Congress: Treated as intern, clothing criticized
Click the link for the full article

Did a CNN reporter attack her?

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Possibly since she is being treated as an intern Lol

EagleSmack
+1
What a snowflake. Wait until they tell her she can't start passing laws on January 4th.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

He's actually closer than you are. The House leadership can bring pressure, rewards, and punishments to bear on members. The textbook Congress works considerably differently from the real Congress in Washington.

Yes, but the US it is not a parliamentary democracy. Voting across party lines is common, and in fact is expected. Given that Pelosi appears to be skating on thin ice she might be wise to tread carefully; after all there is a much better target in the person of the president.