This is the explanation of this great soora 70 in the book of the Quran:
(In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)
1. One demanding, demanded the chastisement which is about to befall
[Then God – be glorified – explained that the chastisement will befall all the disbelievers, and that none can avert them the chastisement, and He said:]
2. To [befall] the unbelievers, which none can repel,
3. [A penalty] from God, the Lord of the ‘stairways of ascent’.
4. [Whereby] the angels and [Gabriel] the [Trustworthy] Spirit ascend to Him in a day the measure of which [to disbelievers and the guilty] is [as], fifty thousand years.
5. Therefore, persevere patiently [the annoyance and mockery of your people, O Mohammed] with fair patience.
6. For they see it as highly improbable.
7. But We see it drawing nigh.
More explanation is in the link:
Quran 70: 8-18, which mean:
[Then God – be glorified – explained some events which will occur on that day which will last one thousand years, and He said:]
8. The day when the sky shall be [as turbid] as the turbid [boiled] oil [of sesame],
9. And mountains shall be like the [fluffy] wool.
10. And intimate [friend or relative] shall not ask of his intimate [friend or relative to save him from the chastisement.]
11. They will be put [by the angels] in sight of each other.
The sinner would that he could ransom himself from the chastisement of that day [even] by his sons,
12. his wife, his brother,
13. his tribe who sheltered him [in the life of the World],
14. And [he will desire to ransom himself with] whoever are in the earth, all together; so that then such [ransom] may deliver him [from the chastisement.]
[Then God – be glorified – said:]
15. No, assuredly [he will not be saved; for] it is a blaze.
16. That plucks out the scalp.
17. It shall invite [all] such as turn their backs [from believing in God] and turn away [from believing His messenger.]
18. And hoards [money] and stores it [in the safe.])
The explanation and the rest of this great soora is in the link: