+4
#1  Top Rated Post
Police investigating attack on Toronto Sun journalist
Bryan Passifiume
Published:
August 15, 2018
Updated:
August 15, 2018 6:55 PM EDT
Sun photographer Stan Behal is attacked during an anti-racism protest at Nathan Phillips Square on Saturday, Aug. 11.
An award-winning Toronto Sun photographer says he’s pleased police have opened an investigation after he was attacked by a protester at a weekend rally.
Stan Behal, a photographer with the Sun for 36 years, was lunged at and repeatedly struck on the head while on assignment Saturday at a City Hall rally where the crowd included hostile and masked Antifa demonstrators.
“It was a pound on the top of the head,” recalled Behal, who added he was struck three times in an unprovoked attack by a grey-shirted assailant, who leapt at the veteran lensman as he captured images of the rally.
“One I partially blocked, then he grabbed me and pulled me in and pounded my head with his left hand, trying to make it look like he was just swiping my hat.”
A man witnesses identified as the protester who went after a Toronto Sun photographer at a City Hall rally on Aug. 11. (Stan Behal, Toronto Sun)
Police assigned an investigator to the case after meeting with Behal Wednesday. Calls and e-mails to police requesting comment went unreturned.
Hundreds of anti-racists and far-left agitators assembled on Nathan Phillips Square to counter a demonstration planned by an Alberta-based hate group.
The racists never showed up, leaving the counter-protestors alone with media and the police.
“When he lunged at me, I felt — maybe falsely — relatively secure, being one foot away from 18 or 20 officers that had created a bicycle barricade between the demonstrators and City Hall,” said Behal, currently on medical leave after suffering a concussion in the attack. However, police officers did not intervene.
Sun columnist Sue-Ann Levy, who was conducting an interview next to Behal, recalled an “incredibly hostile” crowd raring for a fight.
“It was the first time in my 30 years in the business that I felt scared to be at a rally,” she said.
“They had no reason to get angry or to have a fight on Saturday — the neo-Nazis didn’t show up.”
Levy expressed frustration at the lack of response from officers.
Sun photographer Stan Behal is attacked during an anti-racism protest at Nathan Phillips Square on Saturday, Aug. 11.
“They just stood there,” she said, recalling one actually laughing as Behal was attacked.
“It sends a strong signal to the angry mob — and to this attacker — that they can get away with this behaviour.”
Saturday wasn’t the first time Behal has found himself on the receiving end of physical admonishment.
In 2001, he was following Tie Domi into an NHL disciplinary hearing when Leafs coach Pat Quinn grabbed Behal by the neck and shoved him out of the way.
Quinn was fined $10,000 and Behal received a formal apology.
Behal said the decision to file charges sends the message that attacking journalists is never acceptable.
“This seems to be a trend that more and more journalists I talk to — and I talk to a lot — are seeing the frequency of vitriol directed at them,” he said, describing it as a workplace safety issue.
“The police have to take this seriously — and our employers have to take this seriously — because we’re not going to stop covering the news.”
bpassifiume@postmedia.com
On Twitter: @bryanpassifiume

[youtube]4qLjveieYtM[/youtube]
https://torontosun.com/news/crime/po...sun-journalist

EagleSmack
+3
This past weekend the media and police were attacked all over Canada and the US.

This is the Alt-Left, Liberals, and Democrats.

Violent and Hate Filled.

The media is acting like an abused child, showing preference to the abuser. There was barely a mention on NBC about an NBC news crew being assaulted this past weekend.

Jinentonix
+4
"Toronto Against Hate". Yeah. "Oooo let's assault that cameraman because the people we wanted to fight with didn't show up so f*ck this guy". How is assaulting a total stranger who is just doing their job NOT hate?

I watched a video bit back that shows the mentality of these f*ckwits. A couple of them pepper sprayed a random person and then smacked his head against a wall. This was a sudden and unprovoked attack. What happened after was hilarious. The victim had friends with him who immediately went after the little antifa queens. They pounded the crap out of them while one of them was whining about it, not understanding why they were being assaulted.
Like seriously? You pepper spray a random person and smack their head against a wall and you can't figure out why his buddies are beating the shit out of you? Now THAT my friends, is the epitome of cognitive dissonance. About the only cognitive "function" these assholes are capable of.

As for what happened in Toronto, if the city cops are just going to stand around and do dick while innocent people are assaulted, then Ford needs to step in and start employing the OPP at these events. And I mean the tactical units.

As for Tory, how the f*ck can you go on the national media and whine about the increasing violence in Toronto when your cops let innocent people get assaulted and do nothing about it? Typical of the ALT-left though. Create a problem through your own stupidity and then bitch that someone else needs to do something about it.

EagleSmack
+3
As long as the Alt-Left maintains the ability to make the lives of the media miserable, the media will continue to cower before them. They do not want the tactics of the Alt-Left to turn on them. It is OK for conservatives to be harassed and assaulted, but not the Liberals or the MSM.

Seriously... do you think Chris Cuomo wants to be chased out of a Manhattan restaurant?

Hoid
Probably some Trump supporters sick of the fake news media.

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Police investigating attack on Toronto Sun journalist
Bryan Passifiume
Published:
August 15, 2018
Updated:
August 15, 2018 6:55 PM EDT
An award-winning Toronto Sun photographer says he’s pleased police have opened an investigation after he was attacked by a protester at a weekend rally.
Stan Behal, a photographer with the Sun for 36 years, was lunged at and repeatedly struck on the head while on assignment Saturday at a City Hall rally where the crowd included hostile and masked Antifa demonstrators.
“It was a pound on the top of the head,” recalled Behal, who added he was struck three times in an unprovoked attack by a grey-shirted assailant, who leapt at the veteran lensman as he captured images of the rally.
“One I partially blocked, then he grabbed me and pulled me in and pounded my head with his left hand, trying to make it look like he was just swiping my hat.”
A man witnesses identified as the protester who went after a Toronto Sun photographer at a City Hall rally on Aug. 11. (Stan Behal, Toronto Sun)
Police assigned an investigator to the case after meeting with Behal Wednesday. Calls and e-mails to police requesting comment went unreturned.
Hundreds of anti-racists and far-left agitators assembled on Nathan Phillips Square to counter a demonstration planned by an Alberta-based hate group.
The racists never showed up, leaving the counter-protestors alone with media and the police.
“When he lunged at me, I felt — maybe falsely — relatively secure, being one foot away from 18 or 20 officers that had created a bicycle barricade between the demonstrators and City Hall,” said Behal, currently on medical leave after suffering a concussion in the attack. However, police officers did not intervene.
Sun columnist Sue-Ann Levy, who was conducting an interview next to Behal, recalled an “incredibly hostile” crowd raring for a fight.
“It was the first time in my 30 years in the business that I felt scared to be at a rally,” she said.
“They had no reason to get angry or to have a fight on Saturday — the neo-Nazis didn’t show up.”
Levy expressed frustration at the lack of response from officers.
“They just stood there,” she said, recalling one actually laughing as Behal was attacked.
“It sends a strong signal to the angry mob — and to this attacker — that they can get away with this behaviour.”
Saturday wasn’t the first time Behal has found himself on the receiving end of physical admonishment.
In 2001, he was following Tie Domi into an NHL disciplinary hearing when Leafs coach Pat Quinn grabbed Behal by the neck and shoved him out of the way.
Quinn was fined $10,000 and Behal received a formal apology.
Behal said the decision to file charges sends the message that attacking journalists is never acceptable.
“This seems to be a trend that more and more journalists I talk to — and I talk to a lot — are seeing the frequency of vitriol directed at them,” he said, describing it as a workplace safety issue.
“The police have to take this seriously — and our employers have to take this seriously — because we’re not going to stop covering the news.”
bpassifiume@postmedia.com
On Twitter: @bryanpassifiume

[youtube]4qLjveieYtM[/youtube]
https://torontosun.com/news/crime/po...sun-journalist

This is what the Alt-Left is all about.

Hate, Violence, and suppression of rights

Jinentonix
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Probably some Trump supporters sick of the fake news media.

No, it's your ALT-left buddies demonstrating EXACTLY what you pieces of shit are all about.

Hoid
Have you ever wondered why other people aren't as angry as you are?

Danbones
As I have said from day one: antifa are just brain dead, full of crap cowards

who want to be used like poop tickets.

Funky bathrooms turns dem sexy wiener beatches on.

Hoid
Ya those people who show up to beat up nazis are real cowards.

Unlike the nazis, who don't show up.

Danbones
+1
Right, because you are the real Nazis who did show up.

..and there you are, too cowardly to even face the truth.

Hoid
You want to be a nazi? Stick to the internet.

You show your ugly face in public you'll get it scrapped.