Ontario father and son charged with possession of explosives granted bail

B00Mer
+2

A father and son from Richmond Hill, Ontario who were charged with possession of explosive materials and a detonation device have been granted bail.

On May 9th, York Regional Police arrested Mahyar Mohammadiasl (1 and Reza Mohammadiasl (47) after receiving a tip from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and the United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

The pair were summarily arrested and their place of residence was searched by the authorities. Shortly after Minister of Public Safety Ralph Goodale announced that the arrest posed no threat to national security.

Today a Toronto judge has granted the pair bail at $50,000. The two are expected to appear in court again on June 6th.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/fa...3crICbKjgy9Xk0

well... they only had bombs they didnt blow anything up.. sources please.. islamophobe... racists.. homophobe.. oh oh.. I got it.. xenophobes sorry folks.. just practicing my head up my ass liberal responses...

Walter
Nothing to see here, move along.

Curious Cdn
"Granted bail"???

How about a cage in Gitmo?

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

"Granted bail"???
How about a cage in Gitmo?

Um. . . I'm not aware of a Canadian presence in Guantanamo. And no, we're not interested in taking your trash.

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

A father and son from Richmond Hill, Ontario who were charged with possession of explosive materials and a detonation device have been granted bail.

On May 9th, York Regional Police arrested Mahyar Mohammadiasl (1 and Reza Mohammadiasl (47) after receiving a tip from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and the United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

The pair were summarily arrested and their place of residence was searched by the authorities. Shortly after Minister of Public Safety Ralph Goodale announced that the arrest posed no threat to national security.

Today a Toronto judge has granted the pair bail at $50,000. The two are expected to appear in court again on June 6th.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/fa...3crICbKjgy9Xk0

well... they only had bombs they didnt blow anything up.. sources please.. islamophobe... racists.. homophobe.. oh oh.. I got it.. xenophobes sorry folks.. just practicing my head up my ass liberal responses...

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/one-of-tw...urce-1.4427206

You're right, they didn't blow anything up. They had the shit to make bombs but never assembled them. Just because they had the stuff doesn't mean they were going to use it.

That said...

IMO the pair should still be in jail (omg am I still a Lib for saying that?)

Though they're both out on 50K bonds each, and both are under strict conditions including a chaperone for the son, too much could still happen, especially if the son was being radicalized. And is the father just going along with it to try and keep his son from getting into worse trouble, or was he really part of the process?

Serryah
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Um. . . I'm not aware of a Canadian presence in Guantanamo. And no, we're not interested in taking your trash.

But, but... all terrorists belong in Gitmo, no matter what country they come from!

(I agree with you though, our trash shouldn't be in Gitmo; nor should anyone else but that's another thing)

Curious Cdn
+1

As a matter of fact, the Canadian military and the RCMP funneled dozens into Gitmo in the opening rounds of the Afghan War ... back when it was merely a Special Forces Olympics. Our troops took lots of prisoners but none of them were interned here.

Tecumsehsbones

As a matter of fact, the Canadian military and the RCMP funneled dozens into Gitmo in the opening rounds of the Afghan War ... back when it was merely a Special Forces Olympics. Our troops took lots of prisoners but none of them were interned here.

Glad you agree.

Curious Cdn
+1

Glad you agree.

Hey, the Phillipinos are acqusing us of dumping our trash elsewhere, too.

taxslave
+6
#10  Top Rated Post
Just because they had the stuff doesn't mean they were going to use it.

Not now that the goodies have been siezed.
Just remember that statement next time someone is pushing for more gun laws.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Just because they had the stuff doesn't mean they were going to use it.
Not now that the goodies have been siezed.
Just remember that statement next time someone is pushing for more gun laws.

You've just made a good argument for stiffer gun laws. Why does anyone need to possess explosives?

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

You're right, they didn't blow anything up. They had the shit to make bombs but never assembled them. Just because they had the stuff doesn't mean they were going to use it.

Then why go to all the trouble and possible danger of accumulating the explosives?

taxslave
+3

You've just made a good argument for stiffer gun laws. Why does anyone need to possess explosives?

I use them to make little rocks out of big rocks. Sometimes to drop trees.

petros
+4
Back in the good ole days when you could walk into the Marshall Wells and walk out with a case of CILs finest dynamite.

Curious Cdn
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Back in the good ole days when you could walk into the Marshall Wells and walk out with a case of CILs finest dynamite.

You used to be able to buy a truckload of high nitrogen fertilizer and diesel fuel without raising suspicions, too.

DaSleeper
+4
I haven't been prospecting for several years, but all I needed back then was my prospector's license....

petros
+1

You used to be able to buy a truckload of high nitrogen fertilizer and diesel fuel without raising suspicions, too.

I still can.

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Then why go to all the trouble and possible danger of accumulating the explosives?

Because in the law, having the stuff doesn't matter. You have to prove they were going to do something with it.

But as I said, IMO they should still be in jail.

B00Mer
+5

Please remember that analogy with your anti-gun BS..

So just because you have a gun, doesn't mean you're going to go out and go postal..

I am so glad to see you're coming around to be pro-gun now.

Serryah
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Please remember that analogy with your anti-gun BS..

So just because you have a gun, doesn't mean you're going to go out and go postal..

I am so glad to see you're coming around to be pro-gun now.

LOL - I was never anti-gun. Hell, I look forward to getting my father's old buffalo gun and his hunting rifle, even if I never intend to use them.

I AM pro doing whatever we can to keep track/records of them, and to keep them out of the hands of wackadoodles who might use them in crimes, and make it harder to get the guns and making sure guns are going to people who will use them responsibly.

Which is why I'm all for these two being in jail still, because they had the stuff to make bombs, therefore seriously hurt people. IMO until they can prove they WEREN'T going to, they should stay in jail.

Kind'a like if someone reports X person has a stash of guns and is going to go postal somewhere like a mall or school. **** waiting to see if they do it, rather take them in and hold until they prove they WOULDN'T do any harm.

Curious Cdn
One of the issues is that there is a class of whackadoodles that is inordinately attracted to firearms and buys as many of them as possible ... like the ones that say they are arming themselves against "the Government" as if it's some sort of an alien force. They should certainly be denied firearms.

taxslave
+1

LOL - I was never anti-gun. Hell, I look forward to getting my father's old buffalo gun and his hunting rifle, even if I never intend to use them.
I AM pro doing whatever we can to keep track/records of them, and to keep them out of the hands of wackadoodles who might use them in crimes, and make it harder to get the guns and making sure guns are going to people who will use them responsibly.
Which is why I'm all for these two being in jail still, because they had the stuff to make bombs, therefore seriously hurt people. IMO until they can prove they WEREN'T going to, they should stay in jail.
Kind'a like if someone reports X person has a stash of guns and is going to go postal somewhere like a mall or school. **** waiting to see if they do it, rather take them in and hold until they prove they WOULDN'T do any harm.

Unfortunately, while most of us agree with you in principle what you are asking for amounts to guilty until proven innocent.

taxslave
+1

One of the issues is that there is a class of whackadoodles that is inordinately attracted to firearms and buys as many of them as possible ... like the ones that say they are arming themselves against "the Government" as if it's some sort of an alien force. They should certainly be denied firearms.

You need to be more concerned about government employees that are issued firearms. Like clam cops and tire salesmen.

Curious Cdn

You need to be more concerned about government employees that are issued firearms. Like clam cops and tire salesmen.

I was once a government employee that was occasionally issued with firearms and I never, ever took that responsibility lightly.

Serryah

Unfortunately, while most of us agree with you in principle what you are asking for amounts to guilty until proven innocent.

Exactly, which is why in the end, these two got the bail they did and are out free.

Just cause they had the stuff doesn't mean they were going to do anything.

I still don't have to like it.

taxslave
+4
Funny how criminals have rights but honest taxpayers don't.

justlooking

Just cause they had the stuff doesn't mean they were going to do anything.

It's the so openly willfully idiotically slavish stupidity to the blindlingly obvious as to

'what they were going to do' apologetically deflectionally moronically whining garbage which is why I will never understand

the Retarded Left.

Let the jihadis put their hands in the cookie jar, because they didn't pull out a cookie yet, they are completely innocent.

Danbones

Ummm, 'cause that's what pushes the bullet out the barrel, and takes the stump out the corn field, and sends the avalanche down the hill before it kills somebody.

ETC.

Now, if they had a crack pipe in the glove box or something, or if they had arrived home after drinking at a bar after work and the cops show up three hours later to do a breathalyzer, or they were on a Russian tarmac muelling up a mittful of hot uranium...
Last edited by Danbones; May 20th, 2019 at 04:45 AM..

Danbones
+3

Yes, tell that to the half billion or so, killed by their own TOTALITARIAN governments in the last 150 years just after they had their guns taken away...Yorgie.

DEMOCIDE: MURDER BY GOVERNMENT

Governments have murdered hundreds of millions of their citizens and those under their control. The questions are, then, how is this democide defined, is genocide included, how many have been killed, how do we find this out, and what sources can be used?
https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/MURDER.HTM

The biggest killer of people on the planet..and YORGIE is an accomplice.

That's as bad as the (YOUR) TEXTBOOK communist tactic of labeling people who oppose communism as NAZIS and ANTISEMITES.

A Hysterical Cult Runs Society by Paul Joseph Watson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFbEc3Ys7rg
( contains video of said textbook)

Yes, they call them leftists because they are never right.
Last edited by Danbones; May 20th, 2019 at 04:59 AM..

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

It's the so openly willfully idiotically slavish stupidity to the blindlingly obvious as to

'what they were going to do' apologetically deflectionally moronically whining garbage which is why I will never understand

the Retarded Left.

Let the jihadis put their hands in the cookie jar, because they didn't pull out a cookie yet, they are completely innocent.

I see you failed reading comprehension.

Perhaps go back and retake it, then join back up to discuss things.