The New Inquisition & The Greatest Scam of all time

Goober
Free Thinker
The New Inquisition & The Greatest Scam of all time

In a new collection of essays, Post columnist Rex Murphy defends climate change heretics from David Suzuki Feb. 16, 2008

David Suzuki has stirred a minor controversy, recently, by some remarks he made in a speech to 600 students at McGill University. A report in the McGill Daily tells us "he urged today's youth to speak out against politicians complicit in climate change.

" "Complicit" is the damning word there. People are complicit only in dark and pernicious undertakings. He went on to suggest the students "look for a legal way to throw our current political leaders in jail for ignoring science," those comments drawing rounds of cheering and applause.

Well, this is a turnaround of some proportions. In the old days, the really old days, it was the foes of science, the enemies of what we have come to call the Enlightenment, who used to call for the rack, the stake and the dungeon to treat those who challenged religion's pre-eminent authority to both speak and know the truth.

We generally look upon it as a backward moment when the Catholic Church put the bridle on Galileo, subjected him to house arrest and the tender rebukes of the Inquisition. So it's at least mildly disconcerting to hear of a celebrated son of the Enlightenment, in the person of one of Canada's star communicators, urging a university audience, no less, to seek to "jail" those whom he perceives as "ignoring science." I think it's fairly clear he doesn't really mean science in general here, but rather a very particular subset of that great endeavour, the contentious and agenda-riven field of global warming

. I am under no illusion about the force of the global warming consensus. It is the grand orthodoxy of our day. Among right-thinking people, the idea of expressing any doubts on some of its more cataclysmic projections, to speak in tones other than those of veneration about its high priests, such as David Suzuki or Al Gore, is to stir a response uncomfortably close to what, in previous and less rational times, was reserved for blasphemers, heretics and atheists.

http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=2434745

Followed by the greatest money scam of all time - CarbonTrading

The next big scam: carbon dioxide - FP Comment

Deloitte Forensic calls it “the white collar crime of the future.” Kroll, a business risk subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan, the global professional services firm, calls it “a fraudster’s dream come true.”

These two global financial services firms are referring to carbon trading markets, a business that is estimated to explode from $132-billion in 2009, mostly in the European Union, to $3-trillion by 2020 as jurisdictions around the world join in carbon trading, part of the “cap and trade” system that governments are embracing.

Under cap and trade, companies need permits for the right to emit CO2 as part of their operations. The permits, in effect, guarantee that excess carbon emissions will be “offset” by third parties that will, for example, sequester carbon by growing trees. These permits, which are being traded on carbon exchanges, akin to stock exchanges, have caught the attention of law enforcement officers, who have seen an upsurge in fraud.

Says Chris Perryman of Europol’s Criminal Finances and Technology section in The Hague, in referring to the $7.4-billion in fraud that have occurred in the last 18 months in the EU’s carbon market: “It is clear that [carbon trading] fraudsters are fully aware of the potential that trading in intangible commodities has to further their ends. Such goods or services can be traded without the need to be physically moved or transported, which represents an obvious opportunity to frustrate Law Enforcement efforts to track and trace transactions.” So much fraud has been occurring that, Europol estimates, up to 90% of all carbon market volume in some EU nations was related to fraudulent activities.

A link to the report on Carbon Trading.
http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-...edit_fraud.pdf

Backgrounder: A roundup up of Carbon Fraud reports | Probe International

The next big scam: carbon dioxide | Probe International
Last edited by Goober; Jan 13th, 2010 at 07:49 PM..

AnnaG
Couldn't find an existing thread about global warming, Goob?

gerryh
couldn't just ignore? poor Les.

Goober
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

Couldn't find an existing thread about global warming, Goob?

Yes - But this content is of a different sort and growinmg intolerance and the great scam, or have you read the articles ?

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

couldn't just ignore? poor Les.

I love a good scam, but there already was a scam about global warming going on. And the title of the thread didn't give any hint as to what the scam is about. Poor you for not being very observant.

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Yes - But this content is of a different sort and growinmg intolerance and the great scam, or have you read the articles ?

Nope. I'm tired of reading about global warming "scam" paranoia and conspiracy. I'd have avoided the thread if you'd have included "GW" or something in the title.

Goober
Free Thinker

I love a good scam, but there already was a scam about global warming going on. And the title of the thread didn't give any hint as to what the scam is about. Poor you for not being very observant.

AnnaG

I am just a man - I readily admit my mistakes - please suggest a new title.

gerryh

Nope. I'm tired of reading about global warming "scam" paranoia and conspiracy. I'd have avoided the thread if you'd have included "GW" or something in the title.

ROFLMAO..... and who exactley MADE you put fingers to keyboard to reply to a thread that you SAY you want to ignore?

Goober
Free Thinker

So long now.

EagleSmack
Welcome back!

Sons of Liberty
Eagle, the last post was over 6 years ago, who are you welcoming back?

darkbeaver
Republican
He has a troubled past here you know.

EagleSmack
+1
#13  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Sons of Liberty View Post

Eagle, the last post was over 6 years ago, who are you welcoming back?

The thread.

darkbeaver
Republican
I agree with your selection, the subject is a corner stone of twenty-first century mass hysteria about the usual. Don't give them any money, they will eventually starve to death.

Of course is fukking ghangeinf you simple minded useless eater.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Of course is fukking ghangeinf you simple minded useless eater.

WOW! How much have you had to drink tonight!?

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

WOW! How much have you had to drink tonight!?

All of it, of course. Does it matter, it's just you.