Gun Control is Completely Useless.


spilledthebeer
#16111
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

3rd thing

This Hour Has 22 Minutes gathered over 370,000 signatures on a petition to have Stockwell Day change his name to Doris.

That was in response to the Alliance wanting to set a number on a national petition that would trigger a national vote on the question.

Your gun petition is way short of the number needed.




In that case can we get an petion going to have you officially named


AS HEMERHOID IN ALL FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE?????????????????


Colpy has made a VERY VALID POINT about home made weapons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And it is a point you are HIDING FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


In that TYPICAL "As a LIE-beral - I dont know how to resolve the hypocrite LIE-beral contradiction"..........................


so I will just change the subject"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
 
DaSleeper
#16112
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

In that case can we get an petition going to have you officially named
AS HEMERHOID IN ALL FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE?
Colpy has made a VERY VALID POINT about home made weapons!
And it is a point you are HIDING FROM!
In that TYPICAL "As a LIE-beral - I dont know how to resolve the hypocrite LIE-beral contradiction".
so I will just change the subject"!


There, FIFY!
 
AnnaE
+2
#16113
Bias is usually why people cannot or won't think critically.
 
spilledthebeer
#16114
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post

Bias is usually why people cannot or won't think critically.




Which is why Our idiot Boy Justin is hiding out across the sea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So he will not have to watch the UGLY NATIONAL RESULTS........................


of LIE-beral sponsored bigotry in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Our idiot Boy has abandoned ANY ATTEMPT TO GOVERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
authentic 1.jpg (24.6 KB, 0 views )
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#16115
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post

Bias is usually why people cannot or won't think critically.


I think there may be one poster here who fits that category!
 
Colpy
Conservative
+1
#16116
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...DRdS27nTcFFXXE
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#16117
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...DRdS27nTcFFXXE

I think we should ban home made firearms .
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#16118
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

I think we should ban home made firearms .


That could be debatable. Lots of times home made stuff is superior to factory made junk!
 
DaSleeper
+1
#16119
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

That could be debatable. Lots of times home made stuff is superior to factory made junk!

Not in firearms!
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#16120
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Not in firearms!


You know more about them than I do.
 
spilledthebeer
#16121
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...DRdS27nTcFFXXE




OHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


That is a rather nasty story about record numbers of home made guns in Winnipeg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


But it DOES HAVE A HAPPY ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The maker of so many home made guns ACCIDENTALLY SHOT HIMSELF IN THE FOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And so he got arrested and a bunch of his "guns" were confiscated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Happy Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Colpy
Conservative
+2
#16122
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s push to ban the sale of assault weapons has failed after members of his own party balked at the proposal.


Senators voted to shelve the bill for the year and ask the state crime commission to study the issue, an outcome that drew cheers from a committee room packed with gun advocates.


Four moderate Democrats joined Republicans in Monday’s committee vote, rejecting legislation that would have prohibited the sale of certain semiautomatic firearms, including popular AR-15 style rifles, and banned the possession of magazines that hold more than 12 rounds.


https://wset.com/news/at-the-capitol...97ixXfgwgeM3II
 
Colpy
Conservative
+3
#16123

Does Canada already have a “red flag” law?


Is there really a gap in Canada’s firearm licensing framework that leaves us vulnerable?


Or are Canadian lobby groups and government politicians simply piggybacking an American political issue for their own gain?


These are questions up for debate in the wake of the push for “red flag” legislation across the United States now being imported into Canada.


Dr. Alan Drummond — co-chair of the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians' public affairs committee — says physicians cannot violate doctor/client privilege and report a mental health issue.


“This [new red flag law] would allow us to breach our oath of confidentiality [for the] greater good for the individual and greater good for society,” Drummond says .


One of the key planks of Quebec’s Anastasia Law , passed after the Dawson College shooting that left 18-year-old student Anastasia DeSousa dead, requires professionals, such as physicians and teachers, to violate confidentiality and report suspicious behaviour.


Drummond wants this ability to report on patients expanded nationwide.


“In an ideal world, an emergency physician should be able to pick up the phone and call a local police detachment, but I don't think physicians would take this responsibility lightly. It would not be a question of reporting somebody with anxiety or phobias. We're talking about the far end of the mental health spectrum where people truly are...a danger to themselves or others.”


Heidi Rathjen, a long-time proponent of banning guns from civilians, says the change Drummond seeks is probably useless.


“This measure would be effective if it is accompanied by substantial resources as well as clear directives to prioritize public safety over the gun-owning privileges of individuals,” Rathjen said.


Minister Bill Blair appears to have something different in mind when he refers to “red flag laws”. Blair wants to “ remove guns from people deemed by the courts to be at risk of hurting themselves or someone else” – a far cry from the law Dr. Drummond seeks.


Minister Blair’s office also confirmed “red flag” legislation would allow ordinary citizens to obtain a provincial court order to have someone’s guns seized if they believe there is a potential threat to public safety.


“Our government wants to empower not just the police, but doctors, individuals in domestic abuse situations, communities, and families to raise a flag on people who pose a risk to themselves or an identifiable group, ensuring they do not have access to firearms,” said an unidentified spokesperson from Minister Blair’s office.


Wilful Ignorance of Current Canadian Law


These statements from Minister Blair and his spokesperson show they are woefully ignorant of current Canadian law surrounding firearm licensing and ownership.


If anyone – friends, neighbours, a spouse, doctor or police officer – believe a person is an imminent threat to themselves or others, they can call 1-800-731-4000 and select the option “report a spousal or public safety concern.”


This key provision of Bill C-68 was included based on evidence provided by medical professionals and pubic safety advocates in the wake of Gamil Gharbi’s 1989 murder spree that left 14 young women dead and many other wounded.


The ability to report a spousal or public safety concern is the law of the land and has been since the Firearms Act passed into law in 1995.


When a concern is reported through this hotline, an investigation is initiated immediately. Police must act or face liability for what happens if they don’t and were warned of a possible danger.


Canada’s current law is not shiny and new. It may not title the prevision a “red flag” law – the catch-phrase that’s all the rage on both sides of the border – but it is still the law of the land.


The push for a “red flag” law in the United States is happening because they do not license individual firearm owners, nor do they have the same background check requirements we have in Canada.


Can we pass another law to duplicate the reporting provisions already on the books?


Absolutely.


Will this new law enhance public safety?


Unlikely.


If people are unwilling to utilize the reporting provisions the law provides today, why would they make use of a fancy rewrite of those provisions tomorrow?


A wiser use of our limited national resources is better education for doctors, police officers and the general public alike.


http://web-extract.constantcontact.com/v1/social_annotation_v2?permalink_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fm yemail.constantcontact.com%2FIN-TODAY-S-ISSUE--Does-Canada-Already-Have-One-or-Not-.html%3Fsoid%3D1124731702303%26aid%3DpRv5oAbqgv0&i mage_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmlsvc01-prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2Ff1ccb3fd501%2Fc49bb9ce-6e65-4656-ab8d-cb172ee42a7e.png%3Fver%3D1581988660000&fbclid=IwAR 3cWh2VEEbZdjweQGr3abg3qiCgzrwT0bqlr_66djdgs13G3Jw2 By8XWaw
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+3
#16124
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Not in firearms!

That would depend on who makes them. There are some fine gunsmiths in this country and to lump them with the manufacture of Saturdaynight specials simply isn't fair.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
#16125
The extreme left has already attempted to hijack the red flag laws. In Colorado a nutbar tried to have the entire police force disarmed on the grounds they were a threat to her security. Fortunately her claim got tossed from court, but if does show the level gun grabbers will stoop to in their efforts to destroy democracy.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#16126
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

That would depend on who makes them. There are some fine gunsmiths in this country and to lump them with the manufacture of Saturdaynight specials simply isn't fair.

All the gunsmiths I met repair and modify firearms but do not make them from scratch.
There was a fair one in Kenogami On. See Kenogami gun shop and range.
That one shortened a Buntline barrel for me and machined two slots near the tip of the barrel to keep the muzzle flip to a minimum
I believe it's called Magnaporting!
 
spilledthebeer
#16127
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

All the gunsmiths I met repair and modify firearms but do not make them from scratch.
There was a fair one in Kenogami On. See Kenogami gun shop and range.
That one shortened a Buntline barrel for me and machined two slots near the tip of the barrel to keep the muzzle flip to a minimum
I believe it's called Magnaporting!




HERE is a thought regarding the OUTRIGHT SOCIALLY BENEFICIAL DEATH OF...........................


NATIVE PROTESTOR DUDLEY GEORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



For those who do not recall - George was an unarmed native mixed in with a group of ...........................


HEAVILY ARMED NATIVES........................


occupying the Ontari-owe Ipperwash Provincial Park when Mike Harris was premier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The natives actually had a legit claim to NEARBY FEDERAL LANDS that had been expropriated during WW2......................


for use as an army training base - but LIE-beral Chretien was NOT COOPERATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And of course natives always prefer LIE-berals because of the EXTRA GRAVY ON OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



So natives CHOSE TO OCCUPY THE POPULAR AND WELL USED Provincial Park........................


instead of the virtually abandoned base - due to the rotting out of the Cdn military under LIE-beral rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Harris ordered OPP to clear out the armed mob........................


and an OPP sniper shot George - apparently mistaking him in the dark - with others carrying guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So our natives HAVE LEARNED FROM THAT TRAGEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Cdn natives DO NOT NOW BRANDISH GUNS ANY MORE AT CONFRONTATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Natives have learned the hard way......................


that ARMED CONFRONTATIONS WIN THEM NO FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So thank you Dudley for that hard lesson..............................


and RIP...................if you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It is MOST UNFORTUNATE just how many natives DESPISE THE RULE OF LAW.......................


AND HOW OFTEN THEY WILL SHAME THEIR OWN ELECTED LEADERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
AnnaE
+2
#16128
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s push to ban the sale of assault weapons has failed after members of his own party balked at the proposal.


Senators voted to shelve the bill for the year and ask the state crime commission to study the issue, an outcome that drew cheers from a committee room packed with gun advocates.


Four moderate Democrats joined Republicans in Monday’s committee vote, rejecting legislation that would have prohibited the sale of certain semiautomatic firearms, including popular AR-15 style rifles, and banned the possession of magazines that hold more than 12 rounds.


https://wset.com/news/at-the-capitol...97ixXfgwgeM3II

One reason why I think parties should be banned and each politician should stand or flop on their own.
 
Hoid
#16129
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post

One reason why I think parties should be banned and each politician should stand or flop on their own.

Because some democrats voted against their own party is not really an indictment of the party system.
 
AnnaE
#16130
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

The extreme left has already attempted to hijack the red flag laws. In Colorado a nutbar tried to have the entire police force disarmed on the grounds they were a threat to her security. Fortunately her claim got tossed from court, but if does show the level gun grabbers will stoop to in their efforts to destroy democracy.

lol Funny.
 
AnnaE
+2
#16131
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

That would depend on who makes them. There are some fine gunsmiths in this country and to lump them with the manufacture of Saturdaynight specials simply isn't fair.

Exactly. Firearms manufacturing weren't always a commercial affair and people like Christian Sharps, E Remington, etc. probably thought they could build a better gun than they could purchase commercially.
 
AnnaE
+2
#16132
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Because some democrats voted against their own party is not really an indictment of the party system.

geeez you think small.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#16133
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post

Exactly. Firearms manufacturing weren't always a commercial affair and people like Christian Sharps, E Remington, etc. probably thought they could build a better gun than they could purchase commercially.

A gunsmith can probably make a firearm or two, but unless he's set up for mass production the cost would be exorbitant.
Just the modifications Shortening the barrel and the magnaporting I had done on my 44 magnum rugger cost me almost as much as the gun itself!
Just imagine the special alloys needed for the barrel and the other parts of the gun.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+3
#16134
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

A gunsmith can probably make a firearm or two, but unless he's set up for mass production the cost would be exorbitant.
Just the modifications Shortening the barrel and the magnaporting I had done on my 44 magnum rugger cost me almost as much as the gun itself!
Just imagine the special alloys needed for the barrel and the other parts of the gun.

You are talking about a quality gun. Any half decent machineshop can build an AK47.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#16135
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post

One reason why I think parties should be banned and each politician should stand or flop on their own.


I'm "on the fence" on that one. Parties were good back in the day when they each had a distinct philosophy they adhered to. Today too many people pay more attention to the party than to the reputability of the candidate!
 
AnnaE
+1
#16136
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

You are talking about a quality gun. Any half decent machineshop can build an AK47.

...... machine shop or halfways serious hobbyist if one has decent equipment. Hubby spent the south side of $8,000 and picked up an 80" X 20" lathe at an auction. Threw in new bearings and bushings and proceeded to play.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#16137
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post

...... machine shop or halfways serious hobbyist if one has decent equipment. Hubby spent the south side of $8,000 and picked up an 80" X 20" lathe at an auction. Threw in new bearings and bushings and proceeded to play.

With a boring tool?
 
spilledthebeer
#16138
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post

One reason why I think parties should be banned and each politician should stand or flop on their own.




The burned out Ember RAVES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I suggest you go back and read up on the PARALYSIS that so often grips Yankee govt....................


every time they hit their "debt wall" and need to vote on more..........................


while the country FREEZES UP and civil servants go UNPAID......................


while the IDIOTS DEBATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The Yankee political system was SPECIFICALLY SET UP............................


on the assumption THERE WOULD BE NO POLITICAL PARTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Such political naivety results in the periodic SHUT DOWN OF YANKEE GOVT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Or we could look at Our idiot Boy Justin and HIS PRETENSE OF CREATING AN INDEPENDENT SENATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Our idiot Boy thinks we are so GULLIBLE that newly appointed Senators can be rendered...............................


more open minded and more reasonable and accountable to the public.................


simply by taking away their LIE-beral party membership cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



What a MAROON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
AnnaE
+1
#16139
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

With a boring tool?

I have no idea. But my point was that anyone with an interest, some ability with machinery can manufacture their own high-quality firearm.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#16140
Not without the boring tool