Global Warming: still the ‘Greatest Scam in History’

darkbeaver
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Gotta love Steyn but he's wrong because his scientists don't agree with waldo's scientists.

look Walter, you know as well as I do most Canadian familys can still aford to buy a scientist. A scientist put the snow tires on my car yesterday.

waldo
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Yeah, when you are not willing to actually debate the theories, then it is not "science".

just "who" is not willing to debate "the theories"?

See the Steyn article below for a close look at "peer-reviewed" literature.

what standing does Steyn hold? It's so bad his defense for the Mann suit is to claim he's not an expert and he shouldn't be held to account for what he said! That's... your "expert" commenting on "peer-review"?

the whole hackergate thing is just sooooo old-news. There were dozens of websites that poured over the emails... a-n-a-l-line by a-n-a-l-line parsing! Those that wanted to interpret a certain email a particular way, did so... on both sides! Your peer-review emphasis is case-in-point: essentially a guy mouthing off about a paper he feels has no basis/foundation to be published... tell me Colpy, was it published? Why, yes it was! There's this outright meme that fake-skeptics/deniers hold to... that no "skeptical" papers can get published because of 'the gatekeepers"! Of course that's BS as there are hundreds of skeptical papers published... the test is whether they hold up to scrutiny under peer-response.

And explain the 18 year pause.......

there is no pause in warming... this is a reduced rate of surface warming as compared to a prior decade, but that (and your reference) is a purposeful isolation to surface temperature only. Do I really need to re-quote that posting exchange between you and I that absolutely showed you have no understanding of what surface temperature warming even is? You know, you big-time fail where you thought ocean temperatures (deep ocean temperatures) were reflected within the surface temperature you were speaking to? And you're the guy to bust a nut forward here and speak with authority on a presumed pause? If you'd care to make your case for it, please do. (note: and, of course, that pointed reference to 97/98 is the absolute cherry-pick as it purposely aligns with one of the most anomalous ENSO events ever... Colpy, don't you ever wonder why that starting date is always chosen?)

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

He refuses to abandon the denier thingy. There's no science in him, he smells like CNN to me. Release the hounds.

if you're concerned about the label denier, you need to get over it. It's simply a label that identifies a position held... one that denies degrees of either warming proper, or AGW, etc.. It's not intended to be used as a pejorative; it's simply an identifier.

Gotta love Steyn but he's wrong because his scientists don't agree with waldo's scientists.

Steyn has scientists... I have scientists? Steyn is nothing but a blowhard who absolutely knew nothing about climate science (or the players therein) before he stuck his foot in his mouth with his accusations that landed him in a lawsuit... that has absolutely become clear to anyone who has followed the intricacies of the court proceedings. Why would anyone give any peripheral journalist, on either side of the discussion/debate, any particular credence? He's nothing but a journalist and one that had no vested interest in the subject matter.
Last edited by waldo; Dec 4th, 2014 at 01:10 AM..

Locutus
still here willnot?

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

still here willnot?

waldo knows all and man is evil.

waldo

still here willnot?

Locuteus, you often appear burned out; ready for a change...you are not paid. The work is hard. Why do you continue?

waldo knows all and man is evil.

that's weak Walter... even for your standards, that's weak!

Colpy
Terrifying Flat Global Temperature Crisis Threatens To Disrupt U.N. Climate Conference Agenda - Forbes

Why did Earth’s surface temperature stop rising in the past decade? | NOAA Climate.gov

RSS global temperature data: No global warming at all for 202 months | Watts Up With That?

Global Warming Alarmists Caught Doctoring '97-Percent Consensus' Claims - Forbes

NOAA quietly revises website after getting caught in global warming lie, admitting 1936 was hotter than 2012 - NaturalNews.com

waldo
oh my! Colpy, your googly is firing on all cylinders!!! Is this you making your case for "the pause"? You're clearly a freakin' C&P wizard!

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by waldo View Post

oh my! Colpy, your googly is firing on all cylinders!!! Is this you making your case for "the pause"? You're clearly a freakin' C&P wizard!

Yep.

Just dropping them at your feet.....I thought you had a functioning intellect......at least enough to read.

waldo

Yep.

Just dropping them at your feet.....I thought you had a functioning intellect......at least enough to read.

I gave em a quick glance... there's one I'd put some significance around... but it's the one you must have misfired on, cause it only addresses 10 years. But again, you're sure a real ballsy guy considering your recent big-time fail concerning surface-temperature and ocean warming. I already asked you once if I should replay that for you... you know, just as a reminder of your, as you say, functioning intellect!

lets recap:
- you're purposely focusing on surface temperature... you're isolating warming to exclude the >90% of the globe where most warming goes... the oceans/ocean heat content.
- you're purposely focusing on a cherry-picked starting date for a temperature trend; again, you're starting at one of the most significant ENSO events of recorded history.
- you're ignoring (well, rather... I doubt you know about) recent research/publications that have more accurately accounted for sparse station data in the world's most isolated (and coincidentally most warming) parts of the world; e.g. the Arctic. Here's an article that describes an early revision of this study theme... the study (and subsequent updates to it) stand, as I'm aware, with no formal refutation having usurped them. Global warming since 1997 more than twice as fast as previously estimated
- notwithstanding 2014 is expected to take over as the warmest year on record, you're making your claim while somehow ignoring that the warmest years on record have all been in the relatively recent years. The 'Top 10' warmest years on record:
=> 2010, 2005, 1998, 2013, 2003, 2002, 2006, 2009, 2007, 2004, 2012
- just for funzies, let's have a look at some heightened cherry-picking... like you're engaged in!

Locutus
Für Sie, willnot, ist der Krieg vorbei!

EagleSmack
+2

like I said... take solace in it! It's what rogue nations do... you know, like the U.S. has done many times over in regards to international agreements... sign em and refuse to ratify em!

What a liar you are... the U.S was not a signatory of Kyoto.

Canada was... then they went rogue when they had to pay BILLIONS.

Quote:

you really revel in your strawman antics! I asked you to qualify the authority of your googly find... and how it has any basis in actual attachments to any negotiations. You appear unable to answer... so, of course, you come back with your own Dance!

Dance boy... dance...perform for us.

You got slammed and now you're moving the goal post and lying.

You've got no credibility.

waldo

Für Sie, willnot, ist der Krieg vorbei!

your denial will not prevail

captain morgan
+1
You have confused the facts with denial.

waldo
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

What a liar you are... the U.S was not a signatory of Kyoto.

November 12, 1998 signed... but not ratified. Yes, the U.S. was a signatory of the Kyoto protocol.

Dance boy... dance...perform for us. You got slammed and now you're moving the goal post and lying.
You've got no credibility.

it's your strawman to inflate; again, the googly find you're so pumped over has no standing, no authority and no association with any climate negotiations.Yet somehow, your blowhard self, really thinks it has bearing/legitimacy - go figure!

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

you've shown you can't discuss anything related to the subject matter... you're simply the guy throwing out cartoons and juvenile prattle.

DaSleeper
+1

You know that Jehovah witnesses just love it when you argue with them???? they keep hoping for a new conversion...

waldo
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

You know that Jehovah witnesses just love it when you argue with them???? they keep hoping for a new conversion...

again, another chirper who couldn't discuss or argue anything of the subject matter... but hey, your comment gives you a sense of contribution otherwise!

DaSleeper

good on ya! Keep your chirping alive!

again, another chirper who couldn't discuss or argue anything of the subject matter... but hey, your comment gives you a sense of contribution otherwise!

Just because all your "Obsession" deserves is ridicule.....
You must be loads of fun at coffee break......a single subject absolute "Bore"

captain morgan
+1

That is where the real fun begins.

Understand that your average, run of the mill truther believes (heart and soul) in their cause... Sure, they don't really know why they believe and this results in furious attempts to rationalize the discord in their claims versus reality. Generally, there are all form of crutches they use like 'studies' and pretty graphs and whatnot.... And when the mounting evidence against their position begins to become evident, even by their own standards, well, personal egoism, vanity and a healthy does of potential humiliation take grip and they are forced to up the ante... This is about the time that the dire predictions, sensational 'new studies' and claims of Armageddon become the last and only option available.

In many ways, the typical truther is a cross between a 3 year old that threatens to hold their breath unless they get to stay up an hour later and a lunatic that marches the street dressed in only a sandwich board that promotes the message that 'Repent!.. The End is Nigh'

For me, it's too difficult to not poke these greentards with a stick... Maybe, just maybe they will see the idiocy in their claims and logic and come down to Earth... That said, most are simply lost causes that have a personality disorder that forces them to gravitate to the cause du jour supported with the eventual draining of their savings account

petros
+1

waldo

Just because all your "Obsession" deserves is ridicule.....
You must be loads of fun at coffee break......a single subject absolute "Bore"

no - sorry, no obsession... certainly not any more than all the fervent deniers that flood these threads, hey... ya think! Your obsession with posting nothingness, I expect, makes you leader of your local chuckle-head chapter... am I right, am I right?

here's a thought: try to rise above your personalization and want to insult... oh wait... what would you post then!

petros

waldo

That is where the real fun begins.

you can't discuss the subject matter on any level; in that regard, you're a denier simply for denial's sake. Your brand of fun... of real fun... is to charge into these threads and simply showcase your cartoonish, juvenile best! You got no game - none!

petros

waldo
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

***squawk*** drywall ***squawk*** drywall ***squawk*** drywall

ftfy

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by waldo;2026431[B

][/B]

it's your strawman to inflate; again, the googly find you're so pumped over has no standing, no authority and no association with any climate negotiations.Yet somehow, your blowhard self, really thinks it has bearing/legitimacy - go figure!

It always has standing and in the end it is and has always been about money.

So dance away!

petros

EagleSmack
+1

petros

waldo

It always has standing and in the end it is and has always been about money. So dance away!

the only one dancing here is you trying to beat on your own strawman. If you want to talk about the proceedings of climate change negotiations I suggest you invest a few cycles and do some research... I expect you'd have much to legitimately bring forward for scrutiny/discussion. As it stands, what you're continuing to beat on, your strawman, has none - has no legitimacy, no standing, no bearing, no relationship to and no association with, actual climate negotiations.

captain morgan
+1

you can't discuss the subject matter on any level; in that regard, you're a denier simply for denial's sake. Your brand of fun... of real fun... is to charge into these threads and simply showcase your cartoonish, juvenile best! You got no game - none!

Barring the fact that you don't actually 'discuss' anything, there's nothing to discuss.

The one and only thing that Suzuki ever got right on this file is that: yes, the debate is over; and as it stands, you truthers have no tangible arguments left with which to forward any tangible points.

Lots of pretty graphs that see only a myopic and micro view, thousands of failed models, tens of thousands of dire predictions that have also failed and a documented refusal to recognize that the Earth has gone through many entirely natural cycles of warming-cooling-warming-cooling, etc.

This is a money grab, exactly as posted by EagleSmack via the quotes he offered.

... Time to get out your sandwich board that has a doom-message on it and march the streets, that's all you have left