Global Warming: still the ‘Greatest Scam in History’

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

They all use the same data, different sources. If you don't have any that are different you haven't done your homework.
'the added water from melting ice sheets and glaciers and the expansion of seawater as it warms.'

That's only a 20 year graph, if the graph covers 2,000 years will it show the rise and fall for the warmer and colder periods. How about when winter comes and snow covers the land a few feet deep.

Hi

The Sun only warms the top 10 feet and it loses most of that at night. The air is warmed by the water rather than the sun. Heat rises, it does not sink the cold will come to it.

You guys are all whack jobs!

petros
+2

You forgot the e-transfer for the loose-leaf edition as well as your break-down on what they got wrong or are you the author, . . . or Dex.

You want me to pay for you learn?

Think of it as an investment. You can correct all their factual mistakes and rewrite the textbook with your ADHD, jitterbug brain cripple gibberish and sell your own Geo 110 textbook to Universities.

Blackleaf
Why all you've been told about these polar bears could be WRONG: Animals driven to the edge of their natural habitat by shrinking ice have become one of the defining images of climate change, but Inuits who know the predators have a very different story

The bear pounced, and while his 12-year-old daughter desperately radioed for help, Aaron was mauled to death. His friend William Tiktaq, 32, told me: ‘That evening, I was in the party that recovered his body. I put a tarp on top of him in the boat, so the salt water wouldn’t get to him. He was badly mauled. There were bites everywhere. It’s not a sight you want to see.’ Six months later Aaron’s death, the first fatal attack by a polar bear in the Hudson Bay area for 19 years, is still a raw and emotional wound, described with sadness and horror by everyone I met. Its impact was intensified by a second mauling in August, when a mother bear and a cub attacked a group of three Inuit hunters near Naujaat, 500 miles to the north, killing Darryl Kaunak. Scared and exasperated by the threat the bears pose, some Inuit leaders are voicing a demand which, if granted, may trigger a global furore akin to Japan’s decision to resume commercial whaling. They want to be allowed to increase their permitted polar bear hunting quota to reduce numbers.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I guess you didn't which is understandable, you are as sharp as a cotton ball.

You're noticing that too?

Curious Cdn
Nice try.

Here's what the Iniut are saying about climate change.

http://www.climatechangenunavut.ca/e...-change-impact

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You want me to pay for you learn?

Think of it as an investment. You can correct all their factual mistakes and rewrite the textbook with your ADHD, jitterbug brain cripple gibberish and sell your own Geo 110 textbook to Universities.

You looking in the mirror when you came up with that? I want you to show the book has no errors. If you can't understand that part you won;t even have any opinions on the quality of the book. You are more than a little stupid if you can't do that.

petros
+1
Unlike you the authors fact check. Try it sometime rather than babble incoherently making up shit as you go along and then get upset when ridiculed by whom you call "the collective".

Speaking of collectives, do each of the personas in your congentitally wounded noggin require their own drivers license?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

No. It's just that lying weasels like you aren't worth reading.

Bite your tongue!

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Bite your tongue!

You among those 0.02% that don't yet "get" Global warming? You got Husky Oil stock, too and you figure that it'll all go away if you bully enough forum posters?

Ron in Regina
+2

You among those 0.02% that don't yet "get" Global warming? You got Husky Oil stock, too and you figure that it'll all go away if you bully enough forum posters?

0.02% that don't get "Global Warming?" Are you saying that only one in fifty people are capable of thinking for themselves and the other 49 need someone to make up their minds for them?

Danbones
phsyince messes some folks right up

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

0.02% that don't get "Global Warming?" Are you saying that only one in fifty people are capable of thinking for themselves and the other 49 need someone to make up their minds for them?

As soon as the poll is done I'll let you know what my opinion is.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

phsyince messes some folks right up

huh?

Ron in Regina
+1
I think he's saying "Science" messes folks right up....but that's just a guess

JLM

Just to make sure you are on the right track mathematically that is 2 in 10 thousand! So world wide we are in a bit of a warming spell, if in fact we are. No one knows the complete cause, extent and duration. Climate is a phenomenon that covers many decades or even centuries. How much has the ocean actually risen in the past 100 years? 5mm or maybe a centimeter? The biggest threat right now is possibly fire, clean up the mess and debris in your own yard and remove anything close to the house that burns and if we have another bad fire season you MAY still have a house and quit worrying about shit you have no control over!

Curious Cdn

0.02% are two in ten thousand people or one in five thousand.

Not "post-secondry", eh?

Curious Cdn

I think he's saying "Science" messes folks right up....but that's just a guess

Dambones is probably trying to say that "Clozapine" messes you up.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Just to make sure you are on the right track mathematically that is 2 in 10 thousand! !

2/1,000 if you want to get picky.

Curious Cdn

2/1,000 if you want to get picky.

No, 2/1000 is 0.1%

Curious Cdn

No, 2/1000 is 0.1%

Sorry, 0.2%

Ron in Regina

0.02% are two in ten thousand people or one in five thousand.

Not "post-secondry", eh?

Take your calculator and type in the number "1" and then divide that by "50" & what number do you get?

Ron in Regina
I know. Irrelevant, but I backtracked my error...

Curious Cdn

Take your calculator and type in the number "1" and then divide that by "50" & what number do you get?

0.02% ... Two hundredths of one percent = (2/100)/100 = 2/10,000

This is why an old 62 year old fart like me us still in the work force teaching freshly minted P Engs how to do aruthmetic and tie their shoes.

Ron in Regina
Anyway, going forward with your 0.02% as an insult towards JLM I'm assuming before the no "post-secondary" directed at myself. Now that you've insulted us both, what was your point with respect to this 0.02%? What is the relevance of this 1/5000?

Curious Cdn

Anyway, going forward with your 0.02% as an insult towards JLM I'm assuming before the no "post-secondary" directed at myself. Now that you've insulted us both, what was your point with respect to this 0.02%? What is the relevance of this 1/5000?

No, I aimed at JLM, shame on me.
Anyway, arithmetic is a difficult thing for about 0.02% of us.

Curious Cdn
1 in 5000 is roughly the rate at which legitimate Scientists do not accept that the planet's temperature is riding due to human activities.

Ron in Regina
+1

1 in 5000 is roughly the rate at which legitimate Scientists do not accept that the planet's temperature is riding due to human activities.

Where do you pull this from?

JLM

No, 2/1000 is 0.1%

Huh??

JLM

I don't think there is any...…….he'll grasp on to a red herring whatever way he can. I agree that there is something going on with the weather/climate but what, why, how much and how long are questions I don't think can be satisfactorily answered.

JLM
+1

No, I aimed at JLM, shame on me.
Anyway, arithmetic is a difficult thing for about 0.02% of us.

Speak for yourself- I can generally stumble my way through elementary arithmetic and sometimes through the theorems of Pythagoras and Euclid...…………………….so f**K off!