Global Warming: still the ‘Greatest Scam in History’

petros
+2 / -1
They blame the cold on global warming.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

They blame the cold on global warming.

I guess, eventually someone WILL show up who knows all the facts about it!

petros
+1
That ain't gonna happen.

Predicting weather or climate is a crap shoot with 50/50 results.

DaSleeper
+2
I can almost predict that it won't snow much in Kapuskasing this winter....
Why?

Because I just bought a brand new bigger snowblower....

Last year the old smaller one I had couldn't handle the chunks of snow that the snowplow would drop in my driveway every couple of days....

MHz
Buy lots of beach furniture. . . . . please.

JLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

That ain't gonna happen.

Predicting weather or climate is a crap shoot with 50/50 results.

That may be one of the "facts" I was alluding to.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Buy lots of beach furniture. . . . . please.

With pontoons attached perhaps!

MHz
Based on what he said his luck ran it means it would forever be winter wherever he goes.

Bar Sinister

darkbeaver
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I'm inclined to disagree somewhat. Something is definitely happening, that doesn't coincide with recent short term climate trends. The causes are possibly many, in what proportions no one knows. Blaming any single thing is dangerous. Let's just concern ourselves with cleaning up garbage and reducing pollution and maybe over time the climate situation may improve by one or two percent. These horror stories of sea level rising 100' are likely bull shit and serve no one's purpose. If you can walk to the store instead of drive...….do it, it might improve your health and slow the deterioration of the planet.

It has been known and published since the seventys that this planet was entering a cold spell. At arround the same time the human population explosion was discussed greatly and often. This planet is entering a dark age where famine and pestulence will prevail for a century at least. We were warned to correct global warming to fix a problem very far out of human capabilities and that was done with full knowledge of the near extermination event we human kind are about to endure for the next few decades at least. Many millions of us will starve and freeze to death many millions more will be obliterated by war. Only the ultra wealthy and powerfull and thier slaves will persist. There have been serious global crop losses and damage in the last three years and these will get worse in the coming years, the dark ages are about to be relived and the cause is exactly the same and entirely out of human control, it,s the sun of course and the galactic power drop and the cosmic ray influx all tangled together. Yes cleaning up the garbage is a fine and noble undertaking but it will not in any way prevent the Sun from doing it,s thing.

Danbones
+1
97% Global Warming Consensus EXPOSED By Dr. Tim Ball
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQFCKICwFEQ

...only 3% of scientists actually agree.

*sigh* - stupidity causes global harming.

MHz
There is nothing being said about what to do to minimize the impact of a cooling trend, if it is as stupid as the warming solution it is probably 2 steps back and none forward.

The ice will move down and cover the green and the desert belt stays the same or grows to hype danger rather than 2x as much food being available.
Liars don't give it up on their own.

JLM
+1 / -1
After nearly 2000 posts and 51/2 years have elapsed, please it is time the facts pertaining to this thread were updated to include the latest knowledge. We know that the average temperatures around the world and particularly near the polar regions based on literally thousands of thermometers have INCREASED. With our own eyes we've witnessed dramatic changes in virtually all aspects of the weather and climate in widespread regions of the world. Just the number, size and intensity of forest fires in British Columbia, Alberta, California and Australia have increased drastically. Major flooding has increased in widespread regions. While we might not know how, what and why this shit is happening, a person has to be f**king stupid (including Donald Trump) not to notice it is happening. It's probably time this entire thread was replaced with the current facts of the matter.

JLM
I wonder if Walter likes being in the dark!

MHz
Wait till the condition is 'Alone in the Dark'. You might want to turn the sound down before tuning in.

MHz

We know that the average temperatures around the world and particularly near the polar regions based on literally thousands of thermometers have INCREASED.

'We' do do 'we'?
http://news.mit.edu/2016/solving-the...sing-heat-0617
Solving the mystery of the Antarctic’s missing heat

New research may explain why sea temperatures around Antarctica haven’t risen as much as surface temperatures around the globe.

Walter

After nearly 2000 posts and 51/2 years have elapsed, please it is time the facts pertaining to this thread were updated to include the latest knowledge. We know that the average temperatures around the world and particularly near the polar regions based on literally thousands of thermometers have INCREASED. With our own eyes we've witnessed dramatic changes in virtually all aspects of the weather and climate in widespread regions of the world. Just the number, size and intensity of forest fires in British Columbia, Alberta, California and Australia have increased drastically. Major flooding has increased in widespread regions. While we might not know how, what and why this shit is happening, a person has to be f**king stupid (including Donald Trump) not to notice it is happening. It's probably time this entire thread was replaced with the current facts of the matter.

No evidence, just yer post.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

'We' do do 'we'?
http://news.mit.edu/2016/solving-the...sing-heat-0617
Solving the mystery of the Antarctic’s missing heat

New research may explain why sea temperatures around Antarctica haven’t risen as much as surface temperatures around the globe.

There's an easy explanation for that- the ice melt running into the ocean is at 0C - a few degrees colder than the ocean itself! (Not particularly rocket science)

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Have you had your eyes and ears tested in the past 5 years? I was breathing smoke here for the month of August, is that not evidence?

JLM

Do you get your ideas from Trump or does he get his from you?

Walter
+1
Still no empirical evidence presented.

JLM

Still no empirical evidence presented.

What evidence would you accept? Basically every official temp. reading in the world is kept on record.

Cliffy
'We Have Not Come Here to Beg World Leaders to Care,' 15-Year-Old Greta Thunberg Tells COP24. 'We Have Come to Let Them Know Change Is Coming'

"We can longer save the world by playing by the rules," says Greta Thunberg, "because the rules have to be changed."

"Since our leaders are behaving like children, we will have to take the responsibility they should have taken long ago," said Thunberg, who has garnered international notoriety for weekly climate strikes outside her school in Sweden, during a speech on Monday.
Thunberg said that she was not asking anything of the gathered leaders—even as she sat next to UN Secretary General António Guterres—but only asking the people of the world "to realize that our political leaders have failed us, because we are facing an existential threat and there's no time to continue down this road of madness."

More: https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...rg-tells-cop24

Walter

What evidence would you accept? Basically every official temp. reading in the world is kept on record.

I will not take yer word for it.

JLM

I will not take yer word for it.

No skin off my nose!

DaSleeper
Every religion does it,...... Brainwash the children and your religion's future is assured.....

DaSleeper
Natural disasters have always happened....
Nothing to do with the religion of global warming.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Every religion does it,...... Brainwash the children and your religion's future is assured.....

'The collective' will not be pleased with you letting out 'secrets'.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Natural disasters have always happened....
Nothing to do with the religion of global warming.....

It is the 'unnatural ones' that cost a lot more than the 'real ones'. Most people feel anger at being robbed rather than cheering for the crooks. All based on a religion they do not follow in any way that would please their GOD. Do you see the irony in that??
Best to watch events from a 'safe distance'. IMO

DaSleeper
+1
Go away FOOL!