Global Warming: still the ‘Greatest Scam in History’

petros
Sorry for putting you against ropes son. Are you saying your lunacy is a result of CO2 induced hypoxia? Is that why you're brain dead and unable to understand science or are you simply a science denier? Is that what you're saying?

Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

What are you smoking neighbourg? Drywaldo insists that is false and Total Solar Irradiance never varies nor does the magnetosphere fluctuate varying Cosmic Ray Precipation.

It's just a pet theory neighbourg.

Zipperfish
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Go read NASA's take on "my pet theory" in the other thread ya low life unemployed climate drywaller alarmist.

As NASA says about your pet theory:

"The mechanism for that regional cooling could have been a drop in the sun’s EUV output; this is, however, speculative."

realy no need to take it on. The reserachers themselves are aware of the speculative nature of their inquiries.

Although it's certainly true that the impact of sun on climate is a topic where there is much to be learned, even if it can be shown that the sun is predominately to blame for recent warming, you would still have to demonstrate why CO2 is not acting as predicted. If it turns out that CO2 is not warming the earth, that's throwing out a couple of hundred years of spectral physics.

petros
Still stuck on CO2? Are you a science denier too?

Do you believe life is going to die off if climate returns to the Holocene norm too?

Zipperfish

Still stuck on CO2? Are you a science denier too?

Do you believe life is going to die off if climate returns to the Holocene norm too?

I don't think I've ever made such a claim. I believe, as I've said in the past, that increasing CO2 in the atmosphere is going to warm the troposphere and cool the stratosphere in accordance with the generallly understood Greenhouse Effect. While I suspect that the senstivity rate is aorund 1 deg C for every doubling of CO2 (as opposed to the IPCC estimate averaging around 2 to 4.5 deg C per doubling of CO2). However, the models are highly uncertain, and preedictions as to severity of effect can't be given with great confidence.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

I don't think I've ever made such a claim. I believe, as I've said in the past, that increasing CO2 in the atmosphere is going to warm the troposphere and cool the stratosphere in accordance with the generallly understood Greenhouse Effect. While I suspect that the senstivity rate is aorund 1 deg C for every doubling of CO2 (as opposed to the IPCC estimate averaging around 2 to 4.5 deg C per doubling of CO2). However, the models are highly uncertain, and preedictions as to severity of effect can't be given with great confidence.

And the thermosphere?

No atmospheric gases excited in the thermosphere down or that is reserved for CO2 and IR going up?

Zipperfish

And the thermosphere?

No atmospheric gases excited in the thermosphere down or that is reserved for CO2 and IR going up?

It's cooling, I believe. The physics is a little different due to the molecular collisions being rarer. I was rtaher amazed to discover that the temperature of the thermospehre at a solar minimum is about 400 deg C, and about 900 deg C at a solar maximum. You don't normally think of the edge of space being that hot. You wouldn't feel that as heat though, as the molecuels are so far apart.

petros

It's cooling, I believe. The physics is a little different due to the molecular collisions being rarer. I was rtaher amazed to discover that the temperature of the thermospehre at a solar minimum is about 400 deg C, and about 900 deg C at a solar maximum. You don't normally think of the edge of space being that hot. You wouldn't feel that as heat though, as the molecuels are so far apart.

Currently cooling and it can and has hit 1150C.

The IR is still the same from the top down and cosmic rays penetrate deeper exciting even more N and O2 and at a higher rate with a diminished magnetosphere.
Last edited by petros; Dec 1st, 2014 at 07:43 PM..

waldo

waldo insists that is false and Total Solar Irradiance never varies

now you resort to fabrication? How desperate are you? The following post shows variance; unfortunately for you it also shows a reverse-correlation between temperature and solar irradiance. Please feel free to attempt to counter the data representation within that graphic...

Quote: Originally Posted by waldo View Post

petros
+1
Was I talking to you weirdo? Do I need a patch in my wall fixed? If I do I'll address you.

taxslave

Was I talking to you weirdo? Do I need a patch in my wall fixed? If I do I'll address you.

But he supplied another cutesy graph and everything.

petros
Eagle Smack posted the best graph for him today.

waldo
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

But he supplied another cutesy graph and everything.

and along comes MrOneLiner... again, railing against graphs!

Zipperfish

now you resort to fabrication? How desperate are you? The following post shows variance; unfortunately for you it also shows a reverse-correlation between temperature and solar irradiance. Please feel free to attempt to counter the data representation within that graphic...

I think that this graph in 3D to show the various intensity of electromagnetic radiation at different wavelengths would be useful. Haven't found one yet.

petros

I think that this graph in 3D to show the various intensity of electromagnetic radiation at different wavelengths would be useful. Haven't found one yet.

It's all lumped into GPM.

waldo

If I do I'll address you.

you made shyte up about about what I said... I called you on it by quoting a prior post that includes a graphic that busts your fabrication and busts yet another of your pet-theories. As I said, feel free to counter that graphic presentation and present data/graphic detail that shows a positive correlation between rising temperature and rising solar irradiance over the last relatively recent period of immediate interest.

petros
+2

you made shyte up about about what I said... I called you on it by quoting a prior post that includes a graphic that busts your fabrication and busts yet another of your pet-theories. As I said, feel free to counter that graphic presentation and present data/graphic detail that shows a positive correlation between rising temperature and rising solar irradiance over the last relatively recent period of immediate interest.

waldo
Quote: Originally Posted by petrocd View Post

***squawk*** drywall ***squawk*** drywall ***squawk*** drywall

petrocd, take your OCD meds!

Zipperfish

You can buy acoustic isolators though. Cheaper than another sheet of drywall.

petros

You can buy acoustic isolators though. Cheaper than another sheet of drywall.

SM makes a good product.

Opinions on the raincoat analogy. Any?

Ludlow
It's Obamas fault

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

It's Obamas fault

That the raincoat got ripped?

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

That the raincoat got ripped?

That the scam has gone too far. How will they take it back? Claim it's more than just CO2 but CO2 reduction was noble thing to do anyway?

waldo

Last edited by waldo; Dec 2nd, 2014 at 10:38 AM..

captain morgan
+1
What a pathetic little cartoon.

Curious though, does stick-man still drive his car all over hell and gone, doesn't mind heating the house with nat gas in the dead of winter, expect groceries to be on the shelves at the store and has no clue how they were transported there?

petros
+1
It was supposed to stay cold CM. Climate is static.

captain morgan
+1

It was supposed to stay cold CM. Climate is static.

I can fix that.... Probably just the thermostat needs to be adjusted.

I should talk to waldo regarding what is the approved global temp - we can set that manually.

Nuggler
+3
If you fellas anger the gods, and they give us COLD say, for the next thousand years or so, I will be so just royally pissed, I won't be held responsible for me actions.

Now apologize to Thor or whomever, shake hands, and pray for sun.

just sayin

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

I can fix that.... Probably just the thermostat needs to be adjusted.

I should talk to waldo regarding what is the approved global temp - we can set that manually.

I'd like to know.

Walter
Which scientists is stickman talking about ?

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Which scientists is stickman talking about ?

The ones that tell him what he wants to hear.