Global Warming: still the ‘Greatest Scam in History’

Cobalt_Kid
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Why would you bother telling a geologist what the Miankovitch Cycle is? Boredom? Stupidity?

It was man that caused the 30 prior interglacial periods?

I'm pointing out the science, I have no idea what you're talking about... and I doubt you do either.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cobalt_Kid View Post

I'm pointing out the science, I have no idea what you're talking about..

Of course you don't. It is way way way over you head.

B00Mer
www.youtube.com/watch?v=O019WPJ2Kjs

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astro...ks_global.html

petros
We are in an Ice Age and have been for the past 2 million years. That is a fact. Are you willing and able to accept that fact?

Zipperfish
It's a theory, not a fact. There are no facts in science.

petros
It's a theory that we're in an Ice Age and have been for over 2 million years?

Locutus
Top White House Climate Change Adviser Vows Obama Will Crackdown On Global Warming Skepticism: “The Era Of Denial Is Over”…

What are they going to do, start rounding up global warming skeptics and put them into re-education camps?
Via E2 Wire:
President Obama’s top climate adviser on Wednesday vowed that “meaningful” action on global warming was coming soon.

Heather Zichal, the deputy assistant to the president on energy and climate change, said she didn’t want to get “in front of the big man” and unveil specific plans during an event in Washington, D.C., hosted by The New Republic.

She spoke broadly, however, of bolstering energy efficiency, expanding clean energy on public lands and using various “tools” — including the Clean Air Act — to address climate.

Zichal’s comments come as speculation grows that the administration is preparing sweeping climate change proposals. Bloomberg reported that Obama has told donors he will take action next month.

Capitol Hill has been left guessing what the White House is cooking up on climate, though Zichal’s comments shed some light on the plan.

Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.), the top Democrat on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, told The Hill on Tuesday that he understands Obama will reveal his actions “soon.”

The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee also skirted the climate debate in its Water Resources Development Act legislation. Lawmakers steered conversation toward the impact extreme weather events have on coastal infrastructure.

While such congressional activity does not address the reasons climate change is occurring, Zichal said it shows GOP lawmakers acknowledge there is a problem.

“The era of delay and denial is over,” she said.

Top White House Climate Change Adviser Vows Obama Will Crackdown On Global Warming Skepticism: “The Era Of Denial Is Over”… | Weasel Zippers

Top White House climate adviser vows Obama will act soon - The Hill's E2-Wire

darkbeaver
Climate Alarmists Caught Doctoring ‘97 Percent Consensus’ Claims

Tags:
  • CLIMATEGATE

Global warming alarmists have been caught doctoring the results of a widely cited paper asserting there is a 97 percent scientific consensus regarding human-caused global warming. After taking a closer look at the paper, investigative journalists report the authors’ claims of a 97 percent consensus relied on them misclassifying the papers of some of the world’s most prominent global warming skeptics. At the same time, the authors deliberately presented a meaningless survey question that allowed them to twist the responses to fit their own preconceived global warming alarmism.

Walter
Well said.

Obama’s Global-Warming Folly | National Review Online

Zipperfish
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Well said.

Obama’s Global-Warming Folly | National Review Online

He's changed his tune lately. He used to be a flat out denier, and has moved into more skeptic terriotry.

petros
Because there is money to pull from thin air, why else?

Quote:

No, Mr. President, we don’t need a war on coal

"But but but GE is paying me, along with New England NG giants to fight the war on coal and pipelines from Canada."

Walter
Krauthammer is right.

Krauthammer: The Idea That Climate Change Is A Closed Issue Is "Arrogant And Anti-Scientific" | RealClearPolitics

gopher
+1
Weather channel keeps making reports which affirm the fact that global warming is a reality. Well, if Bush said it's so then it must be true.

Locutus
IPCC struggles to explain lack of global warming — natural factors vs. ‘blip’

derp

IPCC struggles to explain lack of global warming — natural factors vs. ‘blip’ | JunkScience.com

Dexter Sinister
+1
Steve Milloy's junk science site is less about junk science than it is about knocking anything that doesn't suit those with a far right libertarian political agenda. It's not really about science at all, but most of what I've seen there is certainly junk, I wouldn't trust his reports on anything.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

Steve Milloy's junk science site is less about junk science than it is about knocking anything that doesn't suit those with a far right libertarian political agenda. It's not really about science at all, but most of what I've seen there is certainly junk, I wouldn't trust his reports on anything.

Ad hominem is how you refute an argument? Pretty weenie.

Dexter Sinister
I see that among the many things you don't understand is what ad hominem means.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

I see that among the many things you don't understand is what ad hominem means.

You're right.

Angstrom
I think global warming is to complex a idea for humans to understand. Lets just pretend it dosent exist and maybe it will go away.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

I think global warming is to complex a idea for humans to understand. Lets just pretend it dosent exist and maybe it will go away.

Lets just accept it for what it really is. Scare tactics to convince humans to pick up their $hit.

gopher
+1
Even Chevron oil is convinced, like George Bush, that climate change is a reality:

Climate Change | Global Issues | Chevron

Developing Solutions

We are working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions while expanding our energy supply portfolio to meet the world's energy needs. Chevron climate change advisor Arthur Lee is an expert in carbon capture and storage. He has participated in industry workshops and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's Report on Carbon Dioxide Capture and Storage.
Download Video Transcript (25 KB)

At Chevron, we recognize and share the concerns of governments and the public about climate change. There is a widespread view that the increase in atmospheric greenhouse gases (GHGs) is a contributor to climate change, with adverse effects on the environment.
Guided by our Seven Principles for Addressing Climate Change , Chevron is working internationally and at the U.S. federal and state levels to contribute to climate change policy discussions. Our stance reflects a balanced approach to addressing climate change through short and long-term measures. As we work to reduce GHGs, our collective challenge is to create solutions that protect the environment without undermining the growth of the global economy. We believe that a successful climate policy will be one in which the reduction of GHGs is accomplished equitably by the top emitting countries of the world through long-term and coordinated national frameworks.
Carbon Sequestration

Chevron participates in the Carbon Sequestration Leadership Forum, an international climate change initiative focused on development of improved, cost-effective technologies for the separation and capture of carbon dioxide.
In the 2012 CDP (formerly known as the Carbon Disclosure Project) report, we ranked in the top tier of the energy sector. CDP conducts an annual global review of companies' climate change disclosures and performance. Our score of 88 was two points higher than last year, revealing that we are on the right track when it comes to managing and reducing emissions.
Investing in Research, Development and Technology

Chevron also supports research to explore technologies that may reduce emissions or improve efficiency. Through our Chevron Technology Ventures (CTV) business unit, we identify, develop and commercialize emerging technologies that have the potential to transform energy production and use. CTV’s portfolio includes biofuels, emerging energy and investments in startups designing technology valuable to Chevron.
To learn more about our GHG management efforts, read Additional Information on Chevron's Greenhouse Gas Management Activities (192 KB).
Updated: May 2013

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Lets just accept it for what it really is. Scare tactics to convince humans to pick up their $hit.

So your saying its a conspiracy? Let me get you a tin foil hat.

gopher
+1
According to the OP the left doesn't like "facts" which dispel the notion of climate change. Yet, the delusional right wing ignores proofs offered by the Weather bureau, Bush, Chevron, and other which accept it as fact.

Walter
Articles: IPCC 's Bogus Evidence for Global Warming

Walter
Well said, Steyn.

Ice Everywhere, But No Hockey Sticks | National Review Online

petros
Some global warming would be a treat. I hope we don't have an extra month of winter like the last one.

Walter
Where are Gore and Skuzuki when I need them to restore my faith in their predictions?

2013 shatters the record for fewest tornadoes...

Also sees fewest forest fires since 1984...

h/t Drudge Report

petros
You could really could use a few more names to blame. Ever heard of John (Jack) Welch Jr ?

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You could really could use a few more names to blame. Ever heard of John (Jack) Welch Jr ?

I'll use the ones I know, you use the ones you know.

petros
You don't want to learn? Why am I not surprised?
Last edited by petros; Dec 27th, 2013 at 01:51 PM..