B.C. pipeline protests continue to halt Ontario trains for 5th day in a row

DaSleeper
+3
I wonder why nobody got the bright idea of anonymously calling in a bomb scare for the area that they are picketing...
The police would have to respond and clear the area!

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I wonder why nobody got the bright idea of anonymously calling in a bomb scare for the area that they are picketing...

Because YOU would go to jail if you did and they would be back out there picketing..

Ain't Canada grand

Girth
+2
I hope someone takes a cue from the Charlottesville protests three years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weg3fP0lZmE

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Well I personally wouldn't do that myself, but I wouldn't think badly of the fella that did it..

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Because YOU would go to jail if you did and they would be back out there picketing..

Ain't Canada grand

Mowich
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

I hope they don't, Girth. As pissed off as I am about these ignorant thugs on the blockades, I would much rather see them left to stew in their own juices when the media finally decides that their interference in this mess is fueling the punks and refuses to attend anymore of the blockades. That would send a message to the mobs.

pgs
Free Thinker
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

How ya reckon Sports fan? If it's only Alberta that leaves, then 3 of the four directions for pipelines would run through Canada.

If Alberta and or Saskatchewan leave Canada folds into three or four entities .

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...path-1.5464945

Coastal gaslink rejected a pipeline route proposed by hereditary chiefs because it would cost too much.

I wonder how many billions of dollars the people of Ontario are on the hook for at this point over a pipeline that has nothing to do with them.

I know BC is getting crushed by it.

Running this country for the sake of oil and gas companies has to stop.

Nice Cherry Picking. From your own LINK above from the Communist Broadcasting Corporation:
  • It would increase the pipeline's length by as much as 89 kilometres, upping both the environmental impact and as much as $800 million in capital costs.
  • The pipeline's diameter, at 48 inches (121 cm), is too large to safely be installed along the route. (Pacific Northern's pipeline is between 10 and 12 inches (25-30 cm), and the proposed upgrade would be 24 inches or 60 cm.)
  • The McDonnell Lake route would be closer to the urban B.C. communities of Smithers, Houston, Terrace and Kitimat.
  • Re-routing the pipeline would impact an additional four First Nations who had not already been consulted by Coastal GasLink, which would add up to one year of delays to the construction process.

The route decided upon by this company does not make it responsible for the illegal actions of criminals in eastern Canada or elsewhere. What's happening in Ontario actually has little to nothing to do with this pipeline route and I'm fairly certain the majority of the people illegally blockading railways and highways and intersections and commuter trains in Ontario would be hard pressed to find the Reservation they're claiming to be protesting for on a map let alone have read or understand the issues surrounding it. Outside of a few (not all) of the Hereditary Chiefs (=not elected representatives of the Band) from this Wet'suwet'en Rez....how many Band Members (on a %'age basis) do you think are in favor of these protests on thier doorstep let along in their name (not that they've asked for this) wherever someone chooses to break the law over their own causes using the Wet'suwet'en name to justify their own domestic terrorism and leaving law enforcement too afraid to enforce the law and do their jobs over concern of optics???

Hoid
The trains are stopped in Ontario because they wouldn't go for the more expensive route that the hereditary chiefs said they were ok with

they didn't figure that cost in.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+4

The trains are stopped in Ontario because they wouldn't go for the more expensive route that the hereditary chiefs said they were ok with

No, the trains are stopped in Ontario because those doing so are getting away with it. Full Stop! That's what we're seeing.

Hoid
They are stopped because yet another pipeline is being forced on people.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+4

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+3

They are stopped because another pipeline is being forced on people.

ALL 20 of the Reservations along this approved route approved this route, including the Wet 'suwet'en Ba nd through their ELECTED Band Council & Chief (Elected by the Band members themselves).

Some, not all but some, of the Herititary Chiefs of ONE Rez along the route aren't happy enough that thier pockets won't be lined enough (& Screw their own people) so their through proxies (almost none of the protestors in BC are even Native let along from the Wet'suwet'en Band). Are in from all over Hells 1/2 acre (many from Ontario, a handful from the US or Vancouver, etc...) causing shit. How is this "because another pipeline is being forced on people?"

Hoid
All they have to do is cancel that project and the trains can run on time.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+3

All they have to do is cancel that project and the trains can run on time.

I don't think so. First, you don't negotiate with terrorists, and secondly, it's not about this pipeline (that's just an excuse). What's happening in Ontario (and elsewhere) is about a shopping list of perceived grievances and shoulder chips using this pipeline in BC as a partial excuse to frighten politicians and law enforcement (& it's working). Fold on this now and a president is set.

Hoid
Cancel that project and the trains can roll today.

I would expect to hear the Prime Minster do exactly that before tomorrow.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+4

Cancel that project and the trains can roll today.

I would expect to hear the Prime Minster do exactly that before tomorrow.

OK, whatever. Fold once, fold forever. I get you're just a Troll. Enjoy.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

ALL 20 of the Reservations along this approved route approved this route, including the Wet 'suwet'en Ba nd through their ELECTED Band Council & Chief (Elected by the Band members themselves).

Some, not all but some, of the Herititary Chiefs of ONE Rez along the route aren't happy enough that thier pockets won't be lined enough (& Screw their own people) so their through proxies (almost none of the protestors in BC are even Native let along from the Wet'suwet'en Band). Are in from all over Hells 1/2 acre (many from Ontario, a handful from the US or Vancouver, etc...) causing shit. How is this "because another pipeline is being forced on people?"

Why are you banging your head against the wall ?

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Why are you banging your head against the wall ?

Yeah, I get it. I was mistaken in the impression originally that this person was actually wishing to participate in debate. I caught on eventually, but I'm not here enough to have realized this in advance. Oh well...

DaSleeper
+2

Yeah, I get it. I was mistaken in the impression originally that this person was actually wishing to participate in debate. I caught on eventually, but I'm not here enough to have realized this in advance. Oh well...

If anyone is a good candidate for the global ignore function, it's hoid

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1839055

The instructions are in that link
But I think only an admin can activate it.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2

If anyone is a good candidate for the global ignore function, it's hoid

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1839055

The instructions are in that link
But I think only an admin can activate it.

In the decade or so I've played here, I've never used the ignore feature & haven't intentionally ever given anyone a thumbs down (I think it's happened a few times by accident).

petros
+1
Redwashing is only going to lead to bigger unforeseen issues. Who will take responsibility?

DaSleeper
+2
Putting someone on ignore is useless unless every one does it because someone quoting a post makes it visible.
Unless everyone did it!

petros
+2

Face it, the jobs and money this provides goes to the "band elites".

Those who finished grade 12, dont have criminal records or racist "f-ck whitie" attitudes.

Do you think thos who oppose meet that criteria?
Last edited by petros; Feb 17th, 2020 at 11:54 AM..

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Redwashing is only going to lead to bigger unforeseen issues. Who will take responsibility?

Well, with this being a Federal Responsibility, I'm assuming the Fed's will point the finger of responsibility elsewhere?

Here's some food for thought. What we're most certainly seeing is a power grab by 4 chiefs who defy anyone to disagree. 4 "Hereditary" Chiefs laying down the law on 11 "Hereditary" Chiefs, and the Elected Chief & Council, and the entire Band in turn. Does anyone other than me, see there is something seriously wrong with this picture. No wonder we have four out of six communities not wanting anything to do with this hostile takeover of the Wet’suwet’en Nation. Canada's railway system and highways and intersections are being disrupted and justified over 4 people involved in a power struggle with the rest of the Band in inter-Band politics on one Rez in BC. Yeah, lets screw with the rights of all Canadians over this inter-Band politics on one Rez in BC 'cuz that makes sense, right?

Four out of Eleven
  1. John Ridsdale (Na’Moks)
  2. Jeff Brown (Madeek)
  3. Fred Tom (Gisday’wa)
  4. Alphonse Gagnon (Kloum Khun)
The remaining Hereditary Chiefs
  1. Chief Smogelgem, Gloria George
  2. Chief Woos, Darlene Glaim
  3. Chief Goohlut, James Namox (representative for vacant)
  4. Chief Wah Tah Kwets (Frank Patrick) designated house spokes leader Chief Wihaliy’te, Theresa Tait-Day
  5. Chief Knedebeas, Warner William
  6. Chief Samooh, Herb Naziel
  7. Chief Hagwilnegh, Ron Mitchell
Vacant Hereditary Chiefs
  1. Chief Wah Tah K’eght, Henry Alfred (deceased)
  2. Chief Kwees, Florence Hall (deceased)
Who do these Blockading Solidarity Domestic Terrorist Protesters think they're supporting? It's not the Wet’suwet’en people or their elected Chief & Council, and it's not even the majority of the Hereditary (Meaning some ancestor of these people once held power) Wet’suwet’en Chiefs...it's four out of eleven Hereditary Wet’suwet’en Chiefs??? I think these 4 people encouraging illegal blockades on the Canadian Nation should be named.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1

Why call it in ? They will hear the bang.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2

Bullshit. The trains are stopped ed because US oil interests are paying protesters.
How is your Tesla share doing today?

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2

They are stopped because yet another pipeline is being forced on people.

Nobody is being forced to live where the jobs are. You are free to move to any welfare town you want.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
What our government supported media ignores is the fact that hereditary chief has no legal standing. They represent nobody but themselves. These are nobodies paid by foreign interests to disrupt our economy. If it was about fossil fuels they would be blockading the offshore oil wells in California and Norway.

petros
+1
What's so scary about an NG pipeline?