Trudeau Begs the U.S to Tighten it's Immigration Laws

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Canadians not confident that government can manage border crossings regulating asylum seeker entry, says public opinion survey
'Canadians are more receptive to refugees selected by the government of Canada compared to those who come to Canada and claim asylum,' the document notes
http://nationalpost.com/news/governm...documents-show
Trudeau is not able to manage the border which is why he begged Trump to do his dirty work.

Just look at his weed debacle.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

It's because some slumlord (mostly democratic champions of slavery) employers choose to pay less.

Especially after being grubered on the employment costs of obummer care.
Of course you never noticed wages never went up under obama, and jobs just went down.

Yes, I'm sure you blame Obama for the fact that real wages have been declining since 1973.

It's amazing how a 12-year-old boy can have such a profound effect on the economy.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

No one wants those guys , they don’t even want them there .

Wouldn't that be the White settlers that are looking for a new home? Do you know how tight SA and Israel are??

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+1
I don't get it.

A 13 year old girl from the Dominican Republic has been adopted by a Canadian couple after her mom died. The immigration Minister Hussen won't sign the paperwork to let her into the country where she would live with her adoptive family AT NO COST TO THE GOVERNMENT. On the other hand, we have people who we know nothing about freely crossing the Canada/US border with the RCMP helping them carry their luggage and we bare the cost of housing and processing them . What's wrong with this picture??

MHz
At 13 is there some way they can just sent the money to her so she can survive down there. Sponsor them while they stay at home rather than adoption.
Perhaps the couple can move there.

DaSleeper

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

I don't get it.
A 13 year old girl from the Dominican Republic has been adopted by a Canadian couple after her mom died. The immigration Minister Hussen won't sign the paperwork to let her into the country where she would live with her adoptive family AT NO COST TO THE GOVERNMENT. On the other hand, we have people who we know nothing about freely crossing the Canada/US border with the RCMP helping them carry their luggage and we bare the cost of housing and processing them . What's wrong with this picture??

This kinda ties in with your post

Liberals launch pro-immigration campaign to calm 'anxieties' as Conservatives turn up heat

Quote:

The federal government has launched a campaign to "communicate" the benefits of immigration and push back against what the minister in charge of the file calls "anti-immigrant, anti-refugee rhetoric."
Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen said Canada's immigration system is well-managed and, for the most part, selective. As long as Canadians see the benefits of immigration, he said, they support it.
"We cannot take what we have for granted. The anti-immigrant, anti-refugee rhetoric that is all around us — we are not immune to that," he said during a speech and question-and-answer session at the Canadian Club in Toronto.
This is the challenge before me and all of us — to double down on immigration, but also to really, really communicate, and listen carefully and communicate the real benefits of immigration locally. Because if we don't, it's going to be difficult for certain people who have anxieties about the economy and about their future to see immigration as a positive thing."
The new communications campaign comes as the Liberals continue to be hammered by the Opposition Conservatives over border security and the government's handling of asylum seekers crossing into Canada outside of regular border points. The Conservatives have declared it a "crisis," while the government insists it's a challenge that is being capably managed.
As part of the federal initiative, Hussen launched the "Immigration Matters" website, which provides information on how the system works and how immigration offsets the economic effects of an aging population by meeting the economy's labour needs.
The initiative comes a day after Hussen announced increased immigration levels, setting a new target of 350,000 for 2021. That's up 40,000 from this year's target of 310,000.

Surge in global migration

Hussen said we are now living in a world where the word "immigrant" evokes starkly different responses as global migration reaches levels not seen since the Second World War.
He said Canada is isolated from the pressures of global migration patterns experienced in countries like Germany, where hundreds of thousands of people have arrived to claim asylum.
"We've been sheltered by three oceans and our border to the south. But as we've seen with growing numbers of asylum seekers crossing irregularly from the United States between ports of entry ... we're starting to see some of the challenges faced by others, although the numbers pale in comparison," he said.
Hussen said Canada must be vigilant in ensuring that newcomers integrate successfully, while listening to the legitimate concerns of people who fear immigrants will take jobs from Canadians. The government says its communications efforts will present statistics and showcase success stories to show that immigrants help the economy and create jobs for Canadians.
Immigration critic Michelle Rempel said Canadians' confidence in the immigration system has been eroded by the Liberal government's handling of asylum seekers illegally entering the country outside official border points. They see that as a "blatant abuse" of Canada's social programs and a sign of the government's misplaced priorities, she said.
"Where Canadians have lost support for immigration over the last year stems from the fact that (Prime Minister) Justin Trudeau has created a new permanent stream of entry into the country with a zero-day wait time, which has no sort of criterion on who can enter it and places a great burden on Canada's social welfare programs," she said.
Trudeau's approach to the immigration file has been "unfocused, unplanned and ill thought out," she said.

Wrongly blamed for housing crisis

Asked about the impact of asylum seekers on Toronto's housing situation, Hussen said newcomers are being wrongly blamed for a long-standing affordable housing shortage that existed before the current wave of border-crossers.
"To suggest that asylum seekers have contributed to a crisis with our shelter system I think is really misleading, it's very dangerous and it doesn't withstand scrutiny," he said.
The federal government has given Toronto $11 million to defray the costs of resettling asylum seekers, part of a $50 million package for Quebec, Ontario and Manitoba — the provinces most affected by those entering Canada outside official border points.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

At 13 is there some way they can just sent the money to her so she can survive down there. Sponsor them while they stay at home rather than adoption.
Perhaps the couple can move there.

What makes you think they aren't supporting the child until they get the child to Canada?

pgs
Free Thinker

I don't get it.

The feds must appear to be hard on immigration. So sad .

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Yes, I'm sure you blame Obama for the fact that real wages have been declining since 1973.
It's amazing how a 12-year-old boy can have such a profound effect on the economy.

Them uppity naygras!

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+5
What pi$$e$ me off is that the Liberals keep saying that Conservatives are anti-immigration, anti refugees which is BS!! What Conservatives ARE for is controlled borders and immigrants/refugees coming in legally; that Canada has a say in who stays and who goes!

My goodness, the Conservatives had the Ambassador to Iraq (?? - somewhere in the ME) go into refugee camps to vet potential refugees and immigrants to come to Canada but when the Liberals came to power, they dismissed their efforts and decided to go to hotels where people were staying and coaxed them to come to Canada. How embarrassing is that? So who exactly is being anti refugee/immigration? The Conservatives wanted people who were in dire need and the Liberals wanted people who really didn't want to come.

My god, most of us here are decedents of immigrants so how the hell do the Liberals think we're so racist and anti anything? I'm appalled at their stupidity and ignorance. But, I suppose you keep thinking the worst of people and keep repeating nonsense (i.e. Conservatives are racist and anti everything) and there are those who will believe it. But it's pure and unadulterated crap and they know it!

Interestingly enough, under Harper, immigration didn't stop did it? If Conservatives were so anti immigration they wouldn't have allowed anyone to enter the country! That's how stupid the Liberals think Canadians are. It's revolting and disgusting!!!

Oh, but the SJW's will say "mean old Harper tightened up immigration rules" which he should have done, because as we now know now that the Liberals have reversed what the Conservatives had put in place, you see the results - uncontrolled immigration and open borders; stress in finding appropriate living quarters for those who cross the border, as though it wasn't an issue before the immigrants came, stress in schools trying to assimilate kids who don't even speak the language and all at what cost? I realize that there will always be some cost to us as taxpayers, but the Liberals have gone out of the way to open the bank account and we really can't afford it. (Oh, maybe that's why the phony carbon tax!!! LOL)

And the Immigration Minister has the nerve to say that the immigrants coming in aren't the blame of the housing shortage - there was a housing shortage BEFORE they got here and now IT'S WORSE MINISTER!! So yes, Mr. Minister, the immigrants have exacerbated the situation!! But hey, lets just blame the Conservatives for suggesting that maybe we've bitten off more than we can chew! Oh, and everything is STILL Harpers fault - can't forget that now can we?

Sigh.... Where do these guys (Gov't Ministers) come from???

In the meantime, we can't allow one bloody 13 year old orphan who has been legally adopted by a Canadian couple (because she has no where to go) into our country! How absurd is that?

JMHO

EagleSmack
They say that and then....

Canada rushes to deport asylum seekers

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1N52V6

Trudeau must know it is an election year.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

So you agree wages never went up under obama as I just said

good, now we are getting somewhere.

U.S. Added 250,000 Jobs in October; Unemployment at 3.7%
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/02/b...bs-report.html

US jobs report: wages grow at fastest rate in decade as 250,000 jobs added
Wages were 3.1% higher in September than they were a year ago – the first time since April 2009 that growth topped 3%
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/02/b...bs-report.html

Pretty soon we won't have any immigrants wanting to come here at all

go trump!
Last edited by Danbones; Nov 2nd, 2018 at 07:18 PM..

EagleSmack
Canada Revenue Agency ‘going after’ refugees, says NDP MP Jenny Kwan

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...enny-kwan.html

Trudeau Crackdown!

MHz
How about they all get togeter and call the cops and have a pic taken and ID verified. Take about 30 minutes tops.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Just look at his weed debacle.

He could have a least dressed up-like Panama red one time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyPYM5uUViI

spilledthebeer

What pi$$e$ me off is that the Liberals keep saying that Conservatives are anti-immigration, anti refugees which is BS!! What Conservatives ARE for is controlled borders and immigrants/refugees coming in legally; that Canada has a say in who stays and who goes!

My goodness, the Conservatives had the Ambassador to Iraq (?? - somewhere in the ME) go into refugee camps to vet potential refugees and immigrants to come to Canada but when the Liberals came to power, they dismissed their efforts and decided to go to hotels where people were staying and coaxed them to come to Canada. How embarrassing is that? So who exactly is being anti refugee/immigration? The Conservatives wanted people who were in dire need and the Liberals wanted people who really didn't want to come.

My god, most of us here are decedents of immigrants so how the hell do the Liberals think we're so racist and anti anything? I'm appalled at their stupidity and ignorance. But, I suppose you keep thinking the worst of people and keep repeating nonsense (i.e. Conservatives are racist and anti everything) and there are those who will believe it. But it's pure and unadulterated crap and they know it!

Interestingly enough, under Harper, immigration didn't stop did it? If Conservatives were so anti immigration they wouldn't have allowed anyone to enter the country! That's how stupid the Liberals think Canadians are. It's revolting and disgusting!!!

Oh, but the SJW's will say "mean old Harper tightened up immigration rules" which he should have done, because as we now know now that the Liberals have reversed what the Conservatives had put in place, you see the results - uncontrolled immigration and open borders; stress in finding appropriate living quarters for those who cross the border, as though it wasn't an issue before the immigrants came, stress in schools trying to assimilate kids who don't even speak the language and all at what cost? I realize that there will always be some cost to us as taxpayers, but the Liberals have gone out of the way to open the bank account and we really can't afford it. (Oh, maybe that's why the phony carbon tax!!! LOL)

And the Immigration Minister has the nerve to say that the immigrants coming in aren't the blame of the housing shortage - there was a housing shortage BEFORE they got here and now IT'S WORSE MINISTER!! So yes, Mr. Minister, the immigrants have exacerbated the situation!! But hey, lets just blame the Conservatives for suggesting that maybe we've bitten off more than we can chew! Oh, and everything is STILL Harpers fault - can't forget that now can we?

Sigh.... Where do these guys (Gov't Ministers) come from???

In the meantime, we can't allow one bloody 13 year old orphan who has been legally adopted by a Canadian couple (because she has no where to go) into our country! How absurd is that?

JMHO

================================================== ================================================== ==

Hey Dixie- nice commentary on Our idiot Boy Justin and his loser LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals NEVER tell the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They LIE just to keep in practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cdns are not really objecting to immigrants so much as they are strongly revolted by poisoned LIE-beral policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL LIE-beral policy is FAILING and it is coming as a SHOCK to our grossly entitled LIE-beral overlords that we are seeing through their CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EagleSmack
+1
Canada Revenue Agency "going after" refugees

http://chatnewstoday.ca/article/5785...-mp-jenny-kwan

Liberal Government continues it's assault on refugees.

spilledthebeer
+1

Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish the LIE-beral so called "assaults" were more effective!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The welfare hunting/ free health care seeking/ selling votes to LIE-berals- invaders just keep coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2

Funny how the NDP critic phrased her comment Why are they not going after fat cat Corporations and their tax avoidance schemes instead of these poor refugees.

spilledthebeer
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Funny how the NDP critic phrased her comment Why are they not going after fat cat Corporations and their tax avoidance schemes instead of these poor refugees.

================================================== ================================================== ====

FAT CAT corporations are currently about the only financial contributers to LIE-beral party these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not even LIE-berals are dumb enough to bite the hand that feeds them election funding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EagleSmack
+2
The NDP has always been the party of fascists.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Nah!

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Riiiiight.

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Riiiiight.

================================================== ================================================== ====

Actually the NDP is more Soviet than Nazi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

But hey- once you have seen one vile, murderous dictator you have seen them all????????

NDP is unfit to govern- as former NDP Ontari-owe premier Bob Rae has proven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Actually the NDP is more Soviet than Nazi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
But hey- once you have seen one vile, murderous dictator you have seen them all????????
NDP is unfit to govern- as former NDP Ontari-owe premier Bob Rae has proven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy Douglas was like Vladimir Lenin, Joe Stalin and Nikita Kruschev all rolled into one.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

"One swallow does not a summer make"! Or an alcoholic.

Decapoda
+2

I don't get it.

If you're trying to figure out Trudeau Liberal logic, good luck with that. I've said it before...Trudeau is a walking contradiction.

If I was to guess, I would say that catering to a single Dominican orphan isn't nearly as exploitable as thousands of Nigerian "refugees". Hell, she isn't even voting age! Identity politics and complete social/cultural reconstruction of a country only works when the identifiable groups have the numbers.

Don't forget...we are the world's first post-national state, Trudeau has an agenda to fulfill.

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

If you're trying to figure out Trudeau Liberal logic, good luck with that. I've said it before...Trudeau is a walking contradiction.

If I was to guess, I would say that catering to a single Dominican orphan isn't nearly as exploitable as thousands of Nigerian "refugees". Hell, she isn't even voting age! Identity politics and complete social/cultural reconstruction of a country only works when the identifiable groups have the numbers.

Don't forget...we are the world's first post-national state, Trudeau has an agenda to fulfill.

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Decapoda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you got it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The poor Dominican girl will NOT be old enough to vote TILL AFTER Our idiot Boy is voted out of office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So he does not need her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe the idiot Boy fears the girl is a white Catholic?

Since he probably does not know where Dominica is??????????????

Yes- maybe Our idiot Boy thinks she was educated by Dominican Monks from that Catholic Order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he thinks Dominica is near those Balkan states that his handlers had to point out to him on a map after he suggested they were Russian territory or something of the sort????????

And Our idiot Boy does not want "white privilege" to expand any further and does not want a white couple poisoning the mind of a child so she is denied entry????????????

EagleSmack
Canada adopts new immigration policy that spells trouble for Nigerian migrants

The policy has already led to accelerated hearings of cases involving Nigerian asylum seekers.

http://www.pulse.ng/news/local/canad...id9057203.html

Looks like Trudeau and the Liberal government wants Nigerians OUT! That is you know... racism.