Is life Pointless Without Children?

Hoof Hearted
My kids have gone away on holiday for 2 weeks...

I'm so bored I've been having staring contests with my cat, and making balloon animals out of my genitals.

B00Mer
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
Life is expensive with children....

Prefer no liability and freedom to travel... don't want any brats.. thx

Hoof Hearted
Yabut...

You get the chance to do it all over again...to experience your second childhood vicariously through your own offspring.

I've loved every minute of being a Dad. I believe I'd be a miserable single person.

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

And you are doing this world a big favour. We all thank you for that. Its very unselfish of you to realize how much of a drag you're DNA is on the rest of our society.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

Yabut...

You get the chance to do it all over again...to experience your second childhood vicariously through your own offspring.

I've loved every minute of being a Dad. I believe I'd be a miserable single person.

Let it go. Not having children is our modern day way of weeding out the weaker DNA. With everything being so safe and all.

taxslave
I like being kid free. O things I want to do not go to soccer games on a weekend.

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

I like being kid free. O things I want to do not go to soccer games on a weekend.

Enjoy your own extinction.

Danbones
Go with your heart

You know what they say: "A little absynth makes the hearth grow flounders..."

Hoof Hearted
"O things I want to do not go to soccer games on a weekend."

Are you typing with your penis again?

Danbones
Typing (on an) Underwood?

lol...laps cock button is stuck on again

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Enjoy your own extinction.

I intend to. I have two grandkids.

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

I intend to. I have two grandkids.

Congratulations in that case

taxslave
+1

"O things I want to do not go to soccer games on a weekend."

Are you typing with your penis again?

spell check has it's own mind. Unfortunately it sometimes changes things after proof reading and hitting send.

Murphy
+2

I'm so bored I've been having staring contests with my cat, and making balloon animals out of my genitals.

You don't have a reason to live then. Here's some advice from a very smart man. He was the president of the US.

Dexter Sinister
No, life is not pointless without children. Children are one way to make a positive difference in this world, if you can raise them properly, but if you can't, or just don't want to, best you try some other way. And if there's no other way for you and all you want to do is be self-indulgent, then you're a waste of food, air, and water, and probably vote for the right, if you bother to vote at all.

Danbones
+3
um..isn't it the left that are all rainbow and childless?

Hoof Hearted
I think if you raise a child ' to not want to disappoint you', you're well on your way to being a decent parent. Also, if you instill a 'sense of fairness' in your son or daughter, it's a trait which will enrich them for a lifetime.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

They only become brats if you raise them that way.

Johnnny
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

No, life is not pointless without children. Children are one way to make a positive difference in this world, if you can raise them properly, but if you can't, or just don't want to, best you try some other way. And if there's no other way for you and all you want to do is be self-indulgent, then you're a waste of food, air, and water, and probably vote for the right, if you bother to vote at all.

**** you...

You know I guess I could go into one of those fentynal dens Sudbury is famous for and pick up some woman out of her coma and make babies with her.

Some people like me want kids but were trying to find solid employment that isn't always out of town, temporary/casual because you know whats the point of raising a kid while your always away, get eventually divorced and pay alimony.
Last edited by Johnnny; Jul 10th, 2017 at 08:53 AM..

TenPenny
If you're planning to get divorced anyway, why get married?

Improve your skill sets, or move to where the work is. That's what people have done for centuries.

Johnnny
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

If you're planning to get divorced anyway, why get married?

Improve your skill sets, or move to where the work is. That's what people have done for centuries.

That's what I'm trying to do and used the example to show that yes I "could" start a family but why would I when im still expanding my skillset reinventing myself constantly over and over...

I think your confusing me for a baby boomer from Sears...

My replies are reactionary
Last edited by Johnnny; Jul 10th, 2017 at 09:24 AM..

TenPenny
I'm definitely not confusing you with a baby boomer. you're far too fragile for that. Does your mommy tuck you in at night, and tell you that you're special?

Johnnny
+1

I'm definitely not confusing you with a baby boomer. you're far too fragile for that. Does your mommy tuck you in at night, and tell you that you're special?

Yes every night, still preferable to the back hands you were raised on.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Yes every night, still preferable to the back hands you were raised on.

Not if it made me self sufficient and successful, as opposed to whining about how life is hard and the baby boomers are all to blame.

Johnnny
+1

Not if it made me self sufficient and successful, as opposed to whining about how life is hard and the baby boomers are all to blame.

I never blamed boomers for my problem, I'm telling them to stfu like they know me.

By the way Tenpenny I am self sufficient. I have a solid savings, great credit and I've never been in debt. I do it all while reinventing myself. To have people like you tell me im lazy is bullshit.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

I never blamed boomers for my problem, I'm telling them to stfu like they know me.

By the way Tenpenny I am self sufficient. I have a solid savings, great credit and I've never been in debt. I do it all while reinventing myself. To have people like you tell me im lazy is bullshit.

But you're whinging about not having kids because you're going to get divorced anyway.

Johnnny
+1

But you're whinging about not having kids because you're going to get divorced anyway.

I took offense to the above comment about how im apparently useless because I don't have them. Having kids should not be the measure of a man's worth, i used a bad example of how easy i could have kids now. I'm not ready yet but I will have them.

White_Unifier

Not necessarily, but more enjoyable with kids.

Twila
+1
life is pointless is the person living it says so, I guess.

But the "point" of your life is what you make of it.

Unless you opt out of any personal responsibility then I guess you at the mercy of whatever you allow to be responsible for your life.

White_Unifier
+2
Kids can come in many ways too, be it through birth, adoption, or even through volunteering to help the neighbourhood's families in various ways.

Twila
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Kids can come in many ways too, be it through birth, adoption, or even through volunteering to help the neighbourhood's families in various ways.

Yep! or as is the case in my family, my daughters friends became part of our family. Which means they have a room at our house available to them whenever they need it or want it. There is a place at our dinner table any night of the week for them. My daugheter and I were particularily close to a couple of her friends who've now had children of their own. I consider them my grand children and will do for them what I would do if they were of my flesh and blood. They are adopted family, but they are family.

We've also adopted as part of our family good friends. We've just had a friend live with us for the last few months while he was between places. We helped him move in and out. He did not pay us "rent" he helped out around the house. Dog walking, cooking dinner, cleaning up, etc. He still has a key to our house and knows he's welcome any time. Maybe it comes from having a very small family growing up or maybe it comes from having been a street kid at 15yrs old and you do for people what you can when you can because you can. If it weren't for the generousity of my friends families, I might have ended up in a very bad place. That's what friends and family are for, to catch you when you can't catch yourself. Everyone needs and deserves people who'll have their back when it's needed.