Refugee Crisis

petros
+2
#661
Quote:

SYDNEY, N.S. - A 28-year-old Saudi man charged with sexually assaulting a Cape Breton woman has gone missing, with a leading immigration lawyer saying it may be a case of the Middle Eastern kingdom helping a citizen flee while awaiting trial.

Find a random Saudi to do the time and see how that flies.
 
MHz
#662
Crab-meat.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#663
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Saudi man facing N.S. sex charge goes missing


Saudi is running all over Canada. What is Justin doing?
 
spaminator
#664
'ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES': Saudi teen looking forward to new life in Canada
Liz Braun
Published:
January 15, 2019
Updated:
January 15, 2019 9:24 PM EST
It was a proud moment for Canada when Rahaf Mohammed said, “I am one of the lucky ones. I found a safe country to live in.”
The Saudi Arabian teenager held a press conference Tuesday morning in Toronto to thank all those who helped her flee oppression at home and find her way to safety in Canada.
She also held the conference to ask for relief from an overwhelming media response to her situation — she now wants to get on with the business of learning English and settling into her new home in this country.
Though a translator (Dr. Saba Abbas), Mohammed spoke of gratitude for all the offers of help she has received since her arrival in Canada on Saturday. The young woman left her home Jan. 5 and made it to Bangkok, where she hid out in a hotel room at the airport and used social media to tell the world of her desire to lead a free life. She was eventually granted asylum in Canada.
She said she is looking forward to being independent and to travelling.
Saudi woman granted asylum in Canada arrives in T.O.
Canada grants asylum to Saudi woman Rahaf Alqunun: PM
FATAH: How Twitter saved life of Saudi rebel who rejected Islam
“I want to make my own decisions on education, a career, or who and when I should marry. I had no say in any of this,” she said. “Today I can proudly say that I am capable of making all of those decisions.”
Mohammed, who has dropped the surname al-Qunun since being publicly disowned by her family, spoke with strength and courage in front of the media. According to Mario Calla, executive director of COSTI immigrant services, Mohammed is doing fine and has even been to the mall to buy winter clothes and get a phone. She is delighted by the support she has encountered thus far.
As with many immigrants, of course, “the big challenge is the loss of family, friends and culture,” he said. How that will affect Mohammed down the road remains to be seen.
“So far, we have seen no signs of distress,” Calla added.
Social media stands firmly at the centre of Mohammed’s flight to freedom.
It has been a blessing and a curse, with Twitter first attracting international attention to the young Saudi woman’s plight and helping her get to Canada, but now bringing threats to her security. “It’s a bit of minefield,” Calla understated.
Those threats are taken seriously, he added. Mohammed currently has a guard with her. She is never alone and her future living arrangements will likely be with a family, both for the obvious emotional reasons and for personal safety.
Rahaf Mohammed speaks to the media flanked by Dr. Saba Abbas (R) , her settlement worker/translator, at the COSTI Corvetti Education Centre in Toronto on January 15, 2019. Jack Boland/Toronto Sun
Calla praised Mohammed’s strength and spoke of the 60 million refugees on our planet. “Less than a third of 1% get resettled,” he said.
“Every person who has a safe future — it’s a huge victory.”
Mohammed said she will not squander the new opportunity Canada has provided.
“Today and for years to come, I will work in support of freedom for women around the world,” she said. “The same freedom I experienced on the first day I arrived in Canada.”
lbraun@postmedia.com
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g_aACQjAOG8
http://torontosun.com/news/local-new...lp-other-women
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#665
Did Saudi teen jump the queue with her speedy resettlement to Canada?
 
petros
+1
#666
Yes! If she were ugly she'd be at the back of the line.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#667
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Did Saudi teen jump the queue with her speedy resettlement to Canada?

Better to leave her to die.
 
MHz
#668
Are you hinting she was an American spy??
 
spaminator
#669
Saudi teen: Starbucks, bacon, eggs and bare legs
Brad Hunter
Published:
January 16, 2019
Updated:
January 16, 2019 5:23 PM EST
Rahaf Mohammed, 18, the Saudi teen who was granted asylum in Canada, spoke to the media at the COSTI Corvetti Education Centre in Toronto on Tuesday, January 15, 2019. (Jack Boland/Toronto Sun)
Rahaf Mohammed tasted a slice of her new life in Canada by trying bacon for the first time, downing a Starbucks coffee and showing her bare legs.
The Saudi teen who was fleeing her abusive family was granted asylum last week following a desperate bid to escape the oppressive life that was ahead of her.
Mohammed, 18, claimed she feared for her life.
She tried bacon for the first time! SNAPCHAT
But now, all that’s changed.
The feisty teen took to Snapchat to show vignettes of her new life.
One was a photo of her bacon and egg breakfast — “omg bacon” — festooned with a Canadian flag emoji, the other a cup of Starbucks coffee sitting on her bare legs.
Purchased winter clothes! SNAPCHAT
She also shared a picture of her morning coffee from Starbucks, with her knee-length grey wool dress that shows off her bare legs.
Mohammed arrived in Toronto last weekend and is getting acclimatized to life in the Great White North, buying winter clothes, getting a health card, accommodation and sorting out phone service.
Bared her legs at Starbucks. SNAPCHAT
More ominously, she has a bodyguard following threats to her safety.
Costi Immigrant Services executive director Mario Calla said the courageous teen has received multiple threats online.
“She sees these threats. She has left Islam and she basically has broken away from her family, and that scares her,” Costi said.
Next stop? Learning English.
And tweeted her gratitude. TWITTER

http://torontosun.com/news/national/...-and-bare-legs
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#670
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Better to leave her to die.

Should read the article it says different than you, I said it was right to bring her here I just don't like how the Libs. are parading her around, and by who is using her as a trophy.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#671
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Should read the article it says different than you, I said it was right to bring her here I just don't like how the Libs. are parading her around, and by who is using her as a trophy.

Yup she fears for her life going home , yet here the liberals are splashing her all over the news as if it doesn’t get seen back home . I hate to say it but that one security guard may not be enough . If the Saudi’s can drag people into their embassy in Turkey and torture and kill them , why not here ?
She will shortly fade from the news here as the Liberals and the media move onto their next toy .
 
Tecumsehsbones
#672
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yup she fears for her life going home , yet here the liberals are splashing her all over the news as if it doesn’t get seen back home . I hate to say it but that one security guard may not be enough . If the Saudi’s can drag people into their embassy in Turkey and torture and kill them , why not here ?
She will shortly fade from the news here as the Liberals and the media move onto their next toy .

Khashoggi entered the consulate (not an embassy) voluntarily (not "dragged into").
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#673
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Khashoggi entered the consulate (not an embassy) voluntarily (not "dragged into").

Semantics .
 
Tecumsehsbones
#674
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Semantics .

Defined as "the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning."

Yep, words have meanings. If they don't, then I can truthfully say I f*cked your mother, then dismiss your objections on the grounds that "f*ck" means sexual intercourse and "mother" means the woman who gave birth to you are just "semantics."
 
petros
+1
#675
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yup she fears for her life going home , yet here the liberals are splashing her all over the news as if it doesn’t get seen back home . I hate to say it but that one security guard may not be enough . If the Saudi’s can drag people into their embassy in Turkey and torture and kill them , why not here ?
She will shortly fade from the news here as the Liberals and the media move onto their next toy .

If she's offed she'll be a martyr for the moonbats. Billboards and all just like a Daesh shaheed.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#676
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Defined as "the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning."

Yep, words have meanings. If they don't, then I can truthfully say I f*cked your mother, then dismiss your objections on the grounds that "f*ck" means sexual intercourse and "mother" means the woman who gave birth to you are just "semantics."

The end result was the same , however he got their . Sorry I was not interested in the story enough that I am remember all details .
 
spaminator
#677
LILLEY: Trudeau's border mistakes to blame for shelter mess
Brian Lilley
Published:
January 22, 2019
Updated:
January 22, 2019 7:13 PM EST
Good Shephard Refuge Centre at 412 Queen St. E. in Toronto, Ont. on March 2, 2018. (Ernest Doroszuk, Toronto Sun)
If there is a crisis in housing the homeless in some of Canada’s biggest city shelters, then the problem lies squarely at the feet of one man, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
It is rare for me to blame a federal politician for failing to deal with an issue that is clearly within provincial or municipal jurisdiction. But in this case, the blame goes to the feds for one simple reason: Illegal border crossers.
As a cold snap grips Eastern Canada, shelter systems in some of Canada’s biggest cities are struggling to cope with the number of people seeking a place to stay and a large part of that is due to refugee/asylum seekers that have been pouring across the border illegally since early 2017.
On Monday night, a bitterly cold night in Toronto, there were 6,844 people in shelters, a number that Mayor John Tory says was about 40% refugee/asylum seekers.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau arrives for a cabinet meeting in Sherbrooke, Que., on Jan. 16, 2019. (The Canadian Press)
That means roughly 2,738 people that were in the shelters were people seeking refuge in Canada, most of them having crossed illegally into Canada at Roxham Rd. on the Quebec-New York border.
That’s more than the total that the RCMP intercepted coming into Canada illegally in all of 2016.
That figure is important because since 2016, Toronto’s shelter system has seen a dramatic increase in people seeking assistance, driven in large part by people that Trudeau invited into this country with his infamous tweet.
In 2016 the Mounties apprehended just 2,464 entering the country illegally. By 2017, the number was 20,593 and in 2018, 19,419.
In that same time, the average number of people seeking assistance in Toronto’s shelters grew from 4,189 in December 2016 to 6,702 seeking assistance in December, 2018.
On Monday night, that number was 6,844.
Mayor John Tory says the federal government needs to do more. Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson’s message is similar.
Watson penned a letter to federal Social Services Minister Jean-Yves Duclos, asking for funding to compensate the city for the strain on its social services due to refugee claimants.
Watson noted that city shelters are at capacity and so far, the feds have not provided any additional funding to compensate for the increased costs brought about by the refugee surge.
“Last year, City of Ottawa taxpayers absorbed an estimated $5.7-million budget pressure, due to families crossing the border into Canada; this pressure is anticipated to rise to $6.2 million for 2018,” Watson wrote.
While the nearly $12 million in additional costs pales in comparison to the $75 million that Mayor Tory has said Toronto taxpayers have absorbed, it shows the problem is widespread.
LILLEY: Union boss calls Ford ‘most dangerous premier’
LILLEY: For Trudeau, it’s all about electoral politics
LILLEY: Time to take local health networks off life-support
Montreal, the city at the centre of much of the refugee crisis is also experiencing shelters at capacity.
Homelessness advocates are trying to portray the current situation as a crisis, an epidemic, that requires a national response. While a national response may be necessary, it isn’t because there is a surge in homelessness but because the Trudeau government is letting a problem at the border fester.
The homelessness industry is simply using this to call for more funding for their cause.
But they were singing the same tune 10 years ago when numbers were lower, they were singing the same tune two years ago when the number of people seeking shelter on an average night in Toronto alone was 2,600 lower than it is now.
That increase, that pressure, and the costs that go with it are directly attributable to the border crisis that the Trudeau Liberals won’t deal with.
The same crisis that has seen 40,000 people cross into Canada from the United States, illegally, sucking up resources not only from the immigration and refugee system, but from social services, as well.
There is a crisis, but it isn’t the one that the homelessness advocates claim, it is one of Trudeau’s making and one that he, and he alone, can solve.
http://torontosun.com/news/national/...r-shelter-mess
 
spaminator
#678
Man linked to four killings suspected of being in U.S. illegally
Associated Press
Published:
January 22, 2019
Updated:
January 22, 2019 8:04 PM EST
This undated photo provided by the Carson City Sheriff's Office in Carson City, Nev., shows suspect Wilbur Martinez-Guzman. (Carson City Sheriff's Office via AP)AP
LAS VEGAS — A man suspected of being in the U.S. illegally shot and killed four people in Nevada over the past two weeks, including an elderly Reno couple, authorities said, and the slayings added fuel to the immigration debate.
Wilbur Ernesto Martinez-Guzman, 19, from El Salvador, has been jailed in Carson City since Saturday on possession of stolen property, burglary and immigration charges. Authorities said they expect to file murder charges against him in the shooting deaths of the couple and two women in the nearby town of Gardnerville.
Carson City Sheriff Ken Furlong said federal immigration authorities told his office that Martinez-Guzman was in the country illegally. Immigration and Customs Enforcement did not have details on his entry into the U.S.
The investigation is ongoing, the sheriff said, and it was too early to comment on a possible motive.
Investigators who had been tracking Martinez-Guzman considered him “an imminent threat” when they arrested him Saturday afternoon in the parking lot of a shopping mall.
“We couldn’t account for him Friday night, and we couldn’t predict what he would do Saturday night,” Furlong told The Associated Press. “It was too great a risk to the public not to make the arrest.”
Detectives had watched Martinez-Guzman go to a car wash and trash bins, raising concern that he might try to dispose of evidence connected to the slayings. He did not have a weapon when he was handcuffed, the sheriff said.
The suspect did not yet have an attorney who could speak on his behalf, according to the sheriff.
President Donald Trump seized on the killings as evidence of the need for his proposed U.S.-Mexico border wall.
“Four people in Nevada viciously robbed and killed by an illegal immigrant who should not have been in our Country,” Trump said Monday in a tweet. “We need a powerful Wall!”
The killings are the latest crimes Trump has cited to bring attention to the wall, which is at the centre of his battle with Democrats that has shut down much of the federal government.
Since the start of his presidency, he has highlighted crimes committed by immigrants who were here illegally, including the killing of a 32-year-old woman at a San Francisco pier in 2015. Last month, he tweeted about allegations that a man from Mexico fatally shot a California police officer.
Many academics and Trump’s critics have pushed back on the president’s narrative, citing studies that have found that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than people born in the United States.
The Nevada suspect, who was due in court Thursday, had lived in the Carson City area for about a year. His only known infraction was a speeding ticket, the sheriff said.
“We have no information this guy has ever been on anyone’s radar,” Furlong said.
The investigation began Jan. 10, when 56-year-old Connie Koontz was found dead in her home. Three days later, the body of 74-year-old Sophia Renken was discovered in her home about a mile (1.6 kilometres) from where Koontz lived, authorities said.
On Jan. 16, the bodies of 81-year-old Gerald David and his 80-year-old wife, Sharon, were found in their home on the southern edge of Reno.
The two were remembered as “jovial” by Tom Cates, a longtime friend who knew the Davids through Reno’s rodeo and equestrian scene.
Cates said Gerald David used his time as the Reno Rodeo Association president in 2006 to promote a breast cancer awareness campaign by getting the group’s cowboys to show they were “tough enough to wear pink shirts.”
“You walk into a room and his presence will just command attention. He was a true leader,” Cates said.
Sharon David was “exuberant” and “bubbly” and “loved animals to the hills,” he said. She was a former director of the rodeo.
Renken belonged to an antique automobile club and was known as the friendly driver of a Ford Model A who was always volunteering to help.
Robin Reedy, who was also in the Carson-Tahoe Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America, said she was surprised to learn Renken’s age.
“I would never have known she was 74 by the way she acted,” she said.
Koontz, who worked at a Walmart and as a manicurist at a local salon, was remembered by co-workers Tuesday as a positive woman who loved wearing bright colours. Her Walmart colleagues wore memorial buttons with her picture.
She was “the only person I know that could come to work wearing lime green glasses and lime green crocs and rock it,” said Teri Bower, who works at the store.
Koontz and her daughter were best friends, Bower said, and the mother had saved up money and surprised her daughter with a trip to Las Vegas for her 21st birthday in December.
Bower said the killings had shaken the quiet community where everyone knows everyone and big news is a pending storm “or a bear running down Main Street.”
“This does not happen around here,” Bower said. “It’s crazy.”
http://torontosun.com/news/crime/man...-u-s-illegally
 
EagleSmack
+2
#679
Ya but people with MAGA hats.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+3
#680
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Ya but people with MAGA hats.

Dangerous .
 
MHz
#681
Anybody notice that swamp spruce are just the right size for impaling people. Line the last few km and most of the ones will say 'fuk it' and turn around.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#682
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Dangerous .

Dumb dangerous.
 
spaminator
#683
Woman charged for aiding illegal entries at popular Quebec-New York crossing
Canadian Press
Published:
January 23, 2019
Updated:
January 23, 2019 5:36 PM EST
A Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer informs a migrant couple of the location of a legal border station, shortly before they illegally crossed from Champlain, N.Y., to Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle, Quebec, using Roxham Road on Aug. 7, 2017.Charles Krupa / AP Photo
MONTREAL — Canada’s border protection agency has charged a woman in connection with organizing illegal entries into Canada through a popular rural crossing in southern Quebec.
A charge was laid against Olayinka Celestina Opaleye Wednesday at the courthouse in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, south of Montreal.
She is charged under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for facilitating the entry of asylum seekers into Canada through Roxham Road in exchange for compensation. The charges were laid following an investigation carried out by Canada Border Services Agency.
The agency alleges that in the summer of 2017, Opaleye arranged for the entry of “several individuals” into Canada, acting as part of a network of smugglers who organized their travel.
According to Canadian government figures, there were 19,419 irregular crossings in Canada in 2018, more than 18,500 of them through the Quebec crossing at Roxham Road. That figure was slightly down from 2017, when there were 20,593 crossings, including a notable spike beginning in July of that year.
Dominique McNeely, an agency spokesman, said the woman was charged under a section of the law that covers human trafficking of a group of 10 or more. A conviction under the section can result in a fine of up to $1 million or life imprisonment.
McNeely said it is not the first time charges have been pursued against alleged human traffickers at the popular Quebec-New York border crossing. No further information was available on the case Wednesday. It returns to court Mar. 27.
Trudeau calls Tories’ migration statements ‘fearmongering’
Irregular migrants on track to cost Canada almost $400 million, watchdog says
Human smuggling getting sophisticated at Canada/U.S. border
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3TjAvlzzDS4
http://torontosun.com/news/national/...-york-crossing
 
spaminator
#684
FUREY: Illegal crossings did not in fact drop off in 2018, new year-end numbers reveal
Anthony Furey
Published:
January 23, 2019
Updated:
January 23, 2019 7:35 AM EST
At the end of Roxham Rd. in Champlain, Fiyori Mesfin, 32, crosses into Canada with her three-year-old son and one-year-old daughter, both U.S. citizens. Andre Malerba / The Washington Post
When I think about Canada’s illegal border phenomenon the one quote that keeps coming back to me isn’t from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, or Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen, or Conservative MP Michelle Rempel, the opposition critic on the file.
No, it comes from a senior staffer who made a curious admission during a public city council meeting in Cornwall last August. The Ontario town not far from Quebec was holding meetings because of their close proximity to Roxham Road, the Quebec street abutting the U.S. border that is ground zero for Canada’s illegal crossing phenomenon.
This particular council meeting involved discussion of how a local military facility was playing host to a tent city that would house hundreds of border crossers in the event of a mass arrival.
Louis Dumas, director general of the government’s domestic immigration programs, was on hand to break it all down for the city.
“What is happening in Canada, said Dumas, falls in line with the great migration of refugees and asylum seekers that have been flowing into Europe for the past few years,” a story in the Cornwall Standard Freeholder explained. Then a direct quote from Dumas: “Canada is no longer protected from this reality.”
This is a wild notion, that what we’ve witnessed the past couple of years is not some blip that will soon die down – as the Liberal government would have you believe – but it’s the new normal. That we are now on the receiving end of a constant stream of migration, whether it’s in line with our policies or not.
LILLEY: Poll suggests public support for immigration is divided
EDITORIAL: Leave terminology debate aside, illegal crossings a problem
GUNTER: Legal and illegal immigration are different and that matters
Wild perhaps. But it’s now backed up by evidence – year-end numbers just released by the federal government.
The illegal crossings come and go from the news, perhaps leading people to believe that the issue itself comes and goes. That when it’s out of the headlines that means the crossings themselves are gone. Not so. For the past two years, they’ve remained constant.
Back in 2016, the number of people apprehended for crossing “irregularly” into Canada was 2,464 for the entire country. But by the end of 2017, the number for Quebec alone – the Roxham Road hub – had skyrocketed to 18,836 people.
But last year there was the occasional story that told us the numbers were decreasing. Ministers said the situation was under control. Nothing to see here folks. Did that mean the numbers had significantly decreased?
It was a narrative partially based on fact. While there were 2,479 people who crossed into Quebec in April of 2018 – more than all of 2016 combined – the monthly tally had dropped to 1,179 for June. So at that time you could say they’d dropped. The only thing is it went up again in recent months.
The newly revealed figures for 2018 show the year’s total for Quebec is 18,518 people. That’s not at all a significant decrease from the year before.
Adding the other provinces into the mix, the national tally has gone down slightly from 20,593 in 2017 to 19,419 in 2018. What matters though is Quebec – where there is an organized and concerted effort by refugee groups and human trafficking operations to exploit the current border situation. And the Quebec numbers have held steady for two whole years.
The big problem with all of this has nothing to do with who these specific people are, what country they come from or what they look like. The problem is that this is self-selected migration. This is not government policy. Canada has had zero say in this phenomenon. It just started happening one day and, under the current government’s watch, we’ve let it continue.
The new data also shows it’s a fairly constant stream. The new normal. Welcome to Canada.
afurey@postmedia.com
http://torontosun.com/news/national/...numbers-reveal
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#685
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

FUREY: Illegal crossings did not in fact drop off in 2018, new year-end numbers reveal
Anthony Furey
Published:
January 23, 2019
Updated:
January 23, 2019 7:35 AM EST
At the end of Roxham Rd. in Champlain, Fiyori Mesfin, 32, crosses into Canada with her three-year-old son and one-year-old daughter, both U.S. citizens. Andre Malerba / The Washington Post
When I think about Canada’s illegal border phenomenon the one quote that keeps coming back to me isn’t from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, or Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen, or Conservative MP Michelle Rempel, the opposition critic on the file.
No, it comes from a senior staffer who made a curious admission during a public city council meeting in Cornwall last August. The Ontario town not far from Quebec was holding meetings because of their close proximity to Roxham Road, the Quebec street abutting the U.S. border that is ground zero for Canada’s illegal crossing phenomenon.
This particular council meeting involved discussion of how a local military facility was playing host to a tent city that would house hundreds of border crossers in the event of a mass arrival.
Louis Dumas, director general of the government’s domestic immigration programs, was on hand to break it all down for the city.
“What is happening in Canada, said Dumas, falls in line with the great migration of refugees and asylum seekers that have been flowing into Europe for the past few years,” a story in the Cornwall Standard Freeholder explained. Then a direct quote from Dumas: “Canada is no longer protected from this reality.”
This is a wild notion, that what we’ve witnessed the past couple of years is not some blip that will soon die down – as the Liberal government would have you believe – but it’s the new normal. That we are now on the receiving end of a constant stream of migration, whether it’s in line with our policies or not.
LILLEY: Poll suggests public support for immigration is divided
EDITORIAL: Leave terminology debate aside, illegal crossings a problem
GUNTER: Legal and illegal immigration are different and that matters
Wild perhaps. But it’s now backed up by evidence – year-end numbers just released by the federal government.
The illegal crossings come and go from the news, perhaps leading people to believe that the issue itself comes and goes. That when it’s out of the headlines that means the crossings themselves are gone. Not so. For the past two years, they’ve remained constant.
Back in 2016, the number of people apprehended for crossing “irregularly” into Canada was 2,464 for the entire country. But by the end of 2017, the number for Quebec alone – the Roxham Road hub – had skyrocketed to 18,836 people.
But last year there was the occasional story that told us the numbers were decreasing. Ministers said the situation was under control. Nothing to see here folks. Did that mean the numbers had significantly decreased?
It was a narrative partially based on fact. While there were 2,479 people who crossed into Quebec in April of 2018 – more than all of 2016 combined – the monthly tally had dropped to 1,179 for June. So at that time you could say they’d dropped. The only thing is it went up again in recent months.
The newly revealed figures for 2018 show the year’s total for Quebec is 18,518 people. That’s not at all a significant decrease from the year before.
Adding the other provinces into the mix, the national tally has gone down slightly from 20,593 in 2017 to 19,419 in 2018. What matters though is Quebec – where there is an organized and concerted effort by refugee groups and human trafficking operations to exploit the current border situation. And the Quebec numbers have held steady for two whole years.
The big problem with all of this has nothing to do with who these specific people are, what country they come from or what they look like. The problem is that this is self-selected migration. This is not government policy. Canada has had zero say in this phenomenon. It just started happening one day and, under the current government’s watch, we’ve let it continue.
The new data also shows it’s a fairly constant stream. The new normal. Welcome to Canada.
afurey@postmedia.com
http://torontosun.com/news/national/...numbers-reveal

Build that wall Trudeau .
 
spaminator
#686
Deaths of Saudi sisters found bound together ruled suicide
Brad Hunter
Published:
January 23, 2019
Updated:
January 23, 2019 12:07 PM EST
Rotana Farea, 22, and her sister Tala Farea, 16, preferred death in the chilly Hudson River to returning to Saudi Arabia.
Two troubled Saudi sisters who died when they plunged taped together into the Hudson River committed suicide, New York officials say.
The harrowing deaths of the Saudi-born women — Rotana Farea, 22, and Tala Farea, 16 — stunned the world and drew attention to their home nation’s misogynistic culture.
An autopsy revealed that the sisters drowned after jumping off New York City’s George Washington Bridge on Oct. 24.
“Today, my office determined that the death of the Farea sisters was the result of suicide, in which the young women bound themselves together before descending into the Hudson River,” chief medical examiner Dr. Barbara Sampson said in a statement.
Call for tighter bail rules after Saudi sex-crime suspect vanishes
Saudi teen: Starbucks, bacon, eggs and bare legs
HASSAN: The Saudi-Netflix affair shows little has changed
The two women disappeared from their home in Fairfax, Va. sometime in 2017.
Their bodies were found beached on the shore of Riverside Park in New York City’s Upper West Side.
Law enforcement sources told the New York Post the woman would have rather taken their own lives than return to oppressive Saudi Arabia.
Their mother’s immigration status had expired in the U.S. and officials had asked her to leave the country. Saudi officials asked for an extension.
Their mother told The Post her daughters had applied for asylum, putting the family’s status in jeopardy.
During their last days, the two women lived it up at New York City hotels.
And as they ran out of money, they decided to take their lives together.
http://nypost.com/2019/01/22/deaths-...ruled-suicides
http://torontosun.com/news/world/dea...-ruled-suicide
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#687
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Deaths of Saudi sisters found bound together ruled suicide
Brad Hunter
Published:
January 23, 2019
Updated:
January 23, 2019 12:07 PM EST
Rotana Farea, 22, and her sister Tala Farea, 16, preferred death in the chilly Hudson River to returning to Saudi Arabia.
Two troubled Saudi sisters who died when they plunged taped together into the Hudson River committed suicide, New York officials say.
The harrowing deaths of the Saudi-born women — Rotana Farea, 22, and Tala Farea, 16 — stunned the world and drew attention to their home nation’s misogynistic culture.
An autopsy revealed that the sisters drowned after jumping off New York City’s George Washington Bridge on Oct. 24.
“Today, my office determined that the death of the Farea sisters was the result of suicide, in which the young women bound themselves together before descending into the Hudson River,” chief medical examiner Dr. Barbara Sampson said in a statement.
Call for tighter bail rules after Saudi sex-crime suspect vanishes
Saudi teen: Starbucks, bacon, eggs and bare legs
HASSAN: The Saudi-Netflix affair shows little has changed
The two women disappeared from their home in Fairfax, Va. sometime in 2017.
Their bodies were found beached on the shore of Riverside Park in New York City’s Upper West Side.
Law enforcement sources told the New York Post the woman would have rather taken their own lives than return to oppressive Saudi Arabia.
Their mother’s immigration status had expired in the U.S. and officials had asked her to leave the country. Saudi officials asked for an extension.
Their mother told The Post her daughters had applied for asylum, putting the family’s status in jeopardy.
During their last days, the two women lived it up at New York City hotels.
And as they ran out of money, they decided to take their lives together.
http://nypost.com/2019/01/22/deaths-...ruled-suicides
http://torontosun.com/news/world/dea...-ruled-suicide

I wonder who helped tape them ?
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#688
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

I wonder who helped tape them ?

I'm going with "friendly passer-by." It works better with the suicide narrative than "their murderer."
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#689
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I'm going with "friendly passer-by." It works better with the suicide narrative than "their murderer."

I was thinking along those same lines . Good Samaritan happened along .
 
Tecumsehsbones
#690
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

I was thinking along those same lines . Good Samaritan happened along .

He was probably an illegal alien. Considering Samaria hasn't existed for centuries, I'm calling him a visa overstay.