I'm looking to leave Ontario after living here since '84.
I left the GTA last year to move to Windsor, & didn't realize how polluted both the water & air is. My body can't handle it.
Anyway, I was thinking of BC, but my main concern is all that rain & are people really happy out there b/c of all that rain? I know that Vancouver has a very bad reputation of being nasty like Torontonians & it's too expensive anyway, but I'm hoping to maybe find a city in BC where it rains only periodically. I'm not an expert when it comes to weather patterns & geography, but does all of BC get the same constant rain?
And if it's raining all the time, generally (not always) that means there's no sun, right?
So here is what I'm seeking:
1. Much warmer than Ontario although Windsor area wasn't bad, but it's out for obvious reasons.
I have to assume BC is the ONLY province that is warmer, right?
2. Rent is reasonable & I'm looking for an area that has modern houses or apartments & the landlords respect their tenants (clients).
3. Clean water & air (not perfect, but not like Windsor), GTA is heaven compared to this entire area.
4. Near nature is ok & welcome, so long as the town is developed & takes no more than 45-60 minutes to drive into a major city that has a Costco & health food stores, etc.
5. Prefer to be near a Superstore
6. Would love it if there were farms in the area for local produce.
7. Good (not junk) restaurants in the town & city nearby.
8. Reliable high speed (I am an entrepreneur who owns sites online, so I don't need to find a place where there are jobs, but I need quality phone & high speed internet service).
I think that's it for now