New Jerusalem – the Ideal Christian Society


alasdair
#1



Much of the Bible is devoted to building plans, designs for temples and for New Jerusalem. Many people think that New Jerusalem can only happen after we have died. However, this is not the case as shown on http://www.worldends.co.uk .

Our society is not based on the words of Jesus. We have a self-centred capitalist society that is driven by money, not self-sacrifice as Jesus advocates. Using the words of Jesus, it is possible to identify the ideal Christian society. It would have no money; instead people would serve others by taking what they have grown or made to a central building. People would take what they needed and everyone would have enough. The city is about 2km by 2km in size and houses 144,000 people in accordance with design specifications in the Bible.

Some have suggested that this is a Communist idea – this is far from the truth. Communism meant that the Government owned everything, and essentially it was a dictatorship. By contrast, the ideal Christian society has no one to rule over it. Everyone is free to serve as they choose, and society is held together by the commandments of Jesus rather than by a dictatorial Government.

God requires us, the rich nations with permission from Kenyan authorities, to build this city on the top of Mount Kenya to house people who are currently in poverty. This will provide the rich Nations a chance to redeem themselves in the eyes of God as well as providing for people who do not have adequate housing.

Why Mount Kenya? The city has to be built on a mountain to survive the final plague of the time of the end; an asteroid impact. God has guided us to Mount Kenya as follows:

(a) The Bible says that the city is built on top of a mountain
(b) The Great Rift Valley looks like a fish from satellite images
(c) Kenya is shaped like a bird
(d) Mount Kenya has a picture of a bird on the top and a dinosaur head on the bottom (dinosaurs also became extinct due to an asteroid impact but the smaller ones survived and become birds)
(e) Mount Kenya has a point called “Point Peter” where we must build – hence Jesus' church really will be built on Peter, unlike the current one which is built on Paul.
 
Northboy
#2
I thought the ideal Christian Society would be a monarchy.....
 
alasdair
#3
The ***** of Babylon has a name written on her forehead which has a secret meaning...

It's "Prince Charles" (the Island located in Hudson Bay).
 
DurkaDurka
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by alasdair View Post

Looks like a giant tenis court to me.
 
Northboy
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by alasdair View Post

The ***** of Babylon has a name written on her forehead which has a secret meaning...

It's "Prince Charles" (the Island located in Hudson Bay).

I'm not following you....
 
alasdair
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Northboy View Post

I'm not following you....



Follow Jesus (Matthew 16:24, Matthew 19:21, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23, Luke 18:22, John 12:26), in other words do what he teaches.

He teaches:
1. Love the Lord your God with all your strength heart body and soul
2. Love your neighbour as yourself

He expands on these commandments in his other teachings. For example, we are told to sell our possessions, give the money to the poor then follow him in verses like Luke 14:33, Mark 10:21, Luke 18:22, Matthew 19:21 and Luke 12:33.

Given that there are 2.5 billion people in extreme poverty, following Jesus would mean helping them get out of poverty. One essential part of this is to provide housing - and that is what New Jerusalem is, but with the advantage that it is established using the words of Jesus.
 
Northboy
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by alasdair View Post


Follow Jesus (Matthew 16:24, Matthew 19:21, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23, Luke 18:22, John 12:26), in other words do what he teaches.

He teaches:
1. Love the Lord your God with all your strength heart body and soul
2. Love your neighbour as yourself

He expands on these commandments in his other teachings. For example, we are told to sell our possessions, give the money to the poor then follow him in verses like Luke 14:33, Mark 10:21, Luke 18:22, Matthew 19:21 and Luke 12:33.

Given that there are 2.5 billion people in extreme poverty, following Jesus would mean helping them get out of poverty. One essential part of this is to provide housing - and that is what New Jerusalem is, but with the advantage that it is established using the words of Jesus.

I didn't say that I didn't follow or understand what scripture says, I'm not following you...

Land - based interpretations of Jewish metaphors..apocolyptic prophecies... Are you putting yourself forward as the one who comes first.... with the sword coming out his mouth? If so, what is your interpretation of the "sword"?? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours...
 
alasdair
#8
http://www.wdm.org.uk/deathcounter/
 
Northboy
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by alasdair View Post

http://www.wdm.org.uk/deathcounter/

A worthy cause.... But I'm still trying to understand the basis for your predictions ( prophesies??) as well as your comments such as "****** of Babylon in the context of geography, Solomon as related to being antichrist, when he lived many centuries before, and the building of another monument to man's isolation from his fellow man in Kenya..

How would you ever choose who lives there, on top of a mountain...

Has your convictions come from inspiration???
 
alasdair
#10
The basis of this prediction is faith in Jesus, ie. following him, or doing what he says. If the tsunami didn't happen then the child poverty death counter would rise indefinitely. Therefore it will happen. The evidence for it has arisen from "seek and ye shall find" - I sought and I found.
 
Northboy
#11
[quote=alasdair;761079]The basis of this prediction is faith in Jesus, ie. following him, or doing what he says. If the tsunami didn't happen then the child poverty death counter would rise indefinitely. Therefore it will happen. The evidence for it has arisen from "seek and ye shall find" - I sought and I found.[/quote

I certainly don't doubt your faith....Did you post this as a warning to people to repent??
 
alasdair
#12
Repentence would be great. In practice, I doubt many people will believe the message never mind repent and follow Jesus, despite the amount of evidence on the website. Also, for the whole of the East Coast to repent would require a huge shift from capitalism and wealth-aquisition to selling off all those cars, skyscrapers, church buildings etc. and giving the money to the poor.

However, after it happens should be a different matter. I don't know how many plagues will be needed to convince people (Egypt needed about ten in Exodus, Revelation suggests about seven) - hopefully just the one plague is needed to get some action and convince people to follow Jesus.
 
Northboy
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by alasdair View Post

Repentence would be great. In practice, I doubt many people will believe the message never mind repent and follow Jesus, despite the amount of evidence on the website. Also, for the whole of the East Coast to repent would require a huge shift from capitalism and wealth-aquisition to selling off all those cars, skyscrapers, church buildings etc. and giving the money to the poor.

However, after it happens should be a different matter. I don't know how many plagues will be needed to convince people (Egypt needed about ten in Exodus, Revelation suggests about seven) - hopefully just the one plague is needed to get some action and convince people to follow Jesus.

You can't save everyone.....You can only give them the opportunity to choose.....

In my view,

What Jesus taught is reciprocity, the giving of goods freely without expectation of return....To do this, one must have faith...

Allowing children to die in the terms that you have described is a disgrace to mankind...

Inequity, injustice, and false religion, these are the makings of Man...

In the end, God will choose his own Kings...it will be up to each Man if he follows them...

We are told that God's people will be called out of this world, but geographical icons may not be the way, a change of heart will be a start...how to deal with the powers of this world? Ignore them....
 
alasdair
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Northboy View Post

You can't save everyone.....You can only give them the opportunity to choose.....

In my view,

What Jesus taught is reciprocity, the giving of goods freely without expectation of return....To do this, one must have faith...

Yes, you do - because Jesus calls for giving all you have. You wouldn't be able to do it unless you had faith that God would arrange the Universe to accommodate you doing this.
 
Northboy
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by alasdair View Post

Yes, you do - because Jesus calls for giving all you have. You wouldn't be able to do it unless you had faith that God would arrange the Universe to accommodate you doing this.

Are you sure that this was not in context to becoming a disciple??

Even in the old testament the tribe of those chosen to be priests ( Levites, I think) were not given any land...as they were believed to be blessed without it....same kind of stuff...
 
alasdair
#16
They are the instructions that Jesus gives for his followers in verses like Luke 14:33, Mark 10:21, Luke 18:22, Matthew 19:21 and Luke 12:33.
 
Northboy
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by alasdair View Post

They are the instructions that Jesus gives for his followers in verses like Luke 14:33, Mark 10:21, Luke 18:22, Matthew 19:21 and Luke 12:33.

I looked them up.... all instructions to those who wish to be disciples......ie followers of Jesus, teachers of the faith, etc...Originally, who was the audience for the Bible?? Keeping in mind the time and cost to produce one book..
 
alasdair
#18
Jesus insists that people should follow him (Matthew 16:24, Matthew 19:21, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23, Luke 18:22, John 12:26), in other words do what he teaches. The teaching he gives isn't just for 12 people, they are the instructions that Jesus gave to everyone. People choose not to follow them, so you get cathedrals, poverty, terrorism, war, greed, capitalism etc.

 
CDNBear
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by alasdair View Post

The basis of this prediction is faith in Jesus, ie. following him, or doing what he says. If the tsunami didn't happen then the child poverty death counter would rise indefinitely. Therefore it will happen. The evidence for it has arisen from "seek and ye shall find" - I sought and I found.

If the people stop dying, the well of souls will run dry.
Last edited by CDNBear; Dec 29th, 2006 at 07:15 AM..
 

Similar Threads

8
The ideal ABC slogan for a TV ad?
by Machjo | Oct 7th, 2008
1
Ideal A/american...
by CDNBear | Jun 30th, 2008