How will the media try and take down Andrew Scheer?

Walter
He has five children.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

He has five children.

...and ...?

Walter
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

...and ...?

Big carbon footprint, no respect for the environment, white privilege...the media knows no bounds when it come to hating conservatives.

taxslave
Free Thinker
Never went to school long enough to learn about birth control.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Never went to school long enough to learn about birth control.

Wanted many children to destroy the plant.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Scheer responded “Today was a great day for hard-working Canadians across the country. The approval of Keystone will lead to new access to U.S. markets, better prices for Canadian energy, and new jobs across the country. Regina’s own Evraz Steel has been involved in this project. That is why it is so enraging to see the NDP calling for its cancellation. They are once again selling out Canadian workers.
http://www.andrewmp.ca/

.................................................. ..............
I’ve noticed with some bewilderment that readers are flocking in droves to read this report about a leak on the Keystone pipeline. At last count, nearly 200,000 of you had read it for the first time over the past week, believing it to be true.

And it was — except that it happened last year — April 2016.

My article from last year quoted a regulatory official who said that a landowner was the one who reported the leak. It wasn’t immediately clear whether TransCanada’s leak detection system was working.

Pipeline engineers say that up to two per cent of the volume of oil flowing on a pipeline can leak without being detected.

So on a pipeline that is shipping 500,000 barrels a day, this could mean up to 10,000 barrels a day are leaking without being detected by the existing technology
Oil didn't seep to the surface last week from TransCanada's Keystone pipeline | National Observer

they better just damn well be carefull with that stuff

Walter
Obviously, not a student of Malthus or Ehrlich.

taxslave
Free Thinker
10000 barrels is a lot of money to loose.

petros
+1
Lose.

Danbones
Free Thinker
yep, its just some of the fittings that are loose

and loose oil is easy to lose

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

10000 barrels is a lot of money to loose.

your O key is sticking...it may need some oil

mentalfloss
+1 / -1
Andrew Scheer won?

Enjoy two decades of Trudeau.

Dexter Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Why is the political right so prone to a conspiracy theory view of the world? C'mon Walter, you've got CNN and Fox clearly on your side in the U.S., the National Post clearly on your side in Canada, what do you want, that nobody should ever disagree with you?
Last edited by Dexter Sinister; May 28th, 2017 at 01:52 AM..

Murphy
Conservative
+1
He'll do fine.

They will try to contrast him with Trudeau. How bad the Conservative policies will be. Meh. Another day in the media.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

Why is the political right so prone to a conspiracy theory view of the world? C'mon Walter, you've got CNN and Fox clearly on your side in the U.S., the National Post clearly on your side in Canada, what do you want, that nobody should ever disagree with you?

Clinton News Network supports Trump. You're funny.

Murphy
Conservative
+2
He's a nice man, so it will have to be his policies. They already started on CBC by calling him Harper lite to his face.

He handled it well. Brushed it off.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

He'll do fine.

They will try to contrast him with Trudeau. How bad the Conservative policies will be. Meh. Another day in the media.

I would say that "past Speaker of the House" is a far better credential and proof of experience than "dad was PM"

Danbones
Free Thinker
Is he a globalist or is he for Canada?

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Is he a globalist or is he for Canada?

I dunno. Is Scheer a Jewish name?

Danbones
Free Thinker
I'm more worried about Canada being a Canadian name

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

I'm more worried about Canada being a Canadian name

It's Abenaki or Mic-mac, I think.

Dexter Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+2

I dunno. Is Scheer a Jewish name?

He's Roman Catholic, and the name suggests German ancestry.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

I would say that "past Speaker of the House" is a far better credential and proof of experience than "dad was PM"

"dad was PM" and more importantly an Asshole!

He's Roman Catholic, and the name suggests German ancestry.

Maybe I take people at face value too much, but what I saw on the T.V. for two minutes looked good to me!

Dexter Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Clinton News Network supports Trump. You're funny.

Better than being misinformed. Clinton News is an anti-Clinton conspiracy theory junk site.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
What the cons don't get is that the last election moved Canada farther to the left. Most Canadians want progressive social policies, not the same old BS about "lower taxes and balancing the budget" a catch phrase that usually means bigger tax breaks for the wealthy and erosion of social services. In addition, Scheer got a lot of support from the Conservative Party equivalent of the GOP, you know, the anti-abortion homophobic, anti-immigration crowd. Those policies are not only divisive, but most Canadians are hostile to them. Good luck to any Harper clone who tries to push them.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

What the cons don't get is that the last election moved Canada farther to the left. Most Canadians want progressive social policies, not the same old BS about "lower taxes and balancing the budget" a catch phrase that usually means bigger tax breaks for the wealthy and erosion of social services. In addition, Scheer got a lot of support from the Conservative Party equivalent of the GOP, you know, the anti-abortion homophobic, anti-immigration crowd. Those policies are not only divisive, but most Canadians are hostile to them. Good luck to any Harper clone who tries to push them.

It's a bitch when people want to "have their cake and eat it too"! I've found that many of the people who want more services DON'T want taxes increased. You just can't have it both ways, it won't work. I personally doubt if more taxes for more services is viable. I'd be willing to pay more taxes for one or two things, but services aren't one of them. Raising the living standards of the bottom 5% is. I also believe in a minimum standard for medical services- no one should be suffering in excruciating pain in 2015.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

It's a bitch when people want to "have their cake and eat it too"! I've found that many of the people who want more services DON'T want taxes increased. You just can't have it both ways, it won't work. I personally doubt if more taxes for more services is viable. I'd be willing to pay more taxes for one or two things, but services aren't one of them. Raising the living standards of the bottom 5% is. I also believe in a minimum standard for medical services- no one should be suffering in excruciating pain in 2015.

I must agree with you on a couple of points. Low taxes area always a bit deceiving in that it usually means the average citizen simply has to pay for more services out of pocket. A good example in a country like the UK which has higher taxes but a health care system that blows Canada's out of the water.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

I must agree with you on a couple of points. Low taxes area always a bit deceiving in that it usually means the average citizen simply has to pay for more services out of pocket. A good example in a country like the UK which has higher taxes but a health care system that blows Canada's out of the water.

BC has a carbon tax, 7% PST, hydro electricity but you still have to pay $75 a month for health insurance.

BTW Canadian health care is Provincial, UK is Federal.

Corduroy
They might try to mock his hair.

They also have the Globe and Mail. In the last election they endorsed the Conservatives but not Stephen Harper and with have the Conservatives without Stephen Harper.

Musky
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

He's a nice man, so it will have to be his policies. They already started on CBC by calling him Harper lite to his face.

He handled it well. Brushed it off.

Wow, after that insult what a man he is eh?

Harper was PM for ten years and calling him Harper lite is an insult?