Kitchen range oven

JLM
Both oven elements are only putting out about 50% about 320F max. Fuses look OK. I've kind of eliminated problems with the elements themselves as I can't see them both partially failing at the same time. I'm wondering if the problem is with the switch or the thermostat. If anyone reading this has experienced the same problem I'd sure appreciate letting me know. Thanks, JLM

DaSleeper
I saw that happening on a stove once and the strange thing was the large top burner had two fuses and one was burnt,

I replaced it and the oven worked............
So Check "ALL" the fuses..............

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I saw that happening on a stove once and the strange thing was the large top burner had two fuses and one was burnt,

I replaced it and the oven worked............
So Check "ALL" the fuses..............

Thanks Sleepy. My son did check the fuses, but I'm going to take another look at them. I was wondering if the problem might be with the switch or thermostat.

Cannuck
Your son's an idiot so I would check again

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Both oven elements are only putting out about 50% about 320F max. Fuses look OK. I've kind of eliminated problems with the elements themselves as I can't see them both partially failing at the same time. I'm wondering if the problem is with the switch or the thermostat. If anyone reading this has experienced the same problem I'd sure appreciate letting me know. Thanks, JLM

Ever thought of plugging it into 220v instead of 110v, Nicola?

JLM
+1 / -1
#6  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Ever thought of plugging it into 220v instead of 110v, Nicola?

Good thinking, someone probably changed the electrical circuitry behind the stove when we weren't looking. (You are as pathetic as Putz) but it's great fun getting to laugh at you Assholes)

Curious Cdn

Good thinking, someone probably changed the electrical circuitry behind the stove when we weren't looking. (You are as pathetic as Putz) but it's great fun getting to laugh at you Assholes)

I figured that you'd changed the plug on the wire to the stove because the first one didn't match the one in the nearby wall outlet.

DaSleeper

Thanks Sleepy. My son did check the fuses, but I'm going to take another look at them. I was wondering if the problem might be with the switch or thermostat.

If it's not a fuse, and the only sure way to test them is with a continuity tester, because a fuse can be burnt and look ok...
It could be the thermocouple (temperature sensor)and for that you better call an electrician unless you're familiar with wiring and/or electronics and you have a multimeter

Cannuck
Stick your tongue in the outlet to see if there’s juice

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I was thinking a fork ...

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

If it's not a fuse, and the only sure way to test them is with a continuity tester, because a fuse can be burnt and look ok...
It could be the thermocouple (temperature sensor)and for that you better call an electrician unless you're familiar with wiring and/or electronics and you have a multimeter

Yeah, I've come to that conclusion, will call one tomorrow. I think the range is pretty old and the wife is wanting a self cleaning oven so if I have a couple of bucks in my jeans come Xmas she might be in for a surprise.

Curious Cdn

Yeah, I've come to that conclusion, will call one tomorrow. I think the range is pretty old and the wife is wanting a self cleaning oven so if I have a couple of bucks in my jeans come Xmas she might be in for a surprise.

What? A shiny, new Korean range that'll last you another five years?

...seven maybe?

You will be shocked to find out that's is all that's being on the market in this country, at the moment. "25" year appliances are gone forever.

Cannuck

I doubt he’s smart enough to use one

Cannuck

if I have a couple of bucks in my jeans come Xmas she might be in for a surprise.

If? You’re not sure if you can afford a new oven for the little Mrs’ Christmas present? That’s pretty sad.....buying your wife an oven for Xmas I mean....not sure if you have the money is expected.

Curious Cdn
Merry Christmas, dear! I bought you a new oven! ... and an iron! ... and a vacuum cleaner! ... and a nice new scrub brush and bucket!

Cannuck
I’m sure he thinks she’s lucky to have him

Curious Cdn

I’m sure he thinks she’s lucky to have him

I'll even bet that she whistles while she works!

JLM

You guys are just a barrel of laughs but why display your ignorance to the whole wide world? I do have to admit making fun of you and Putz provides great pleasure!

Cannuck

I’m not sure what is funnier (or more pathetic) buying your wife a kitchen appliance as a gift or admitting you do it

JLM

Merry Christmas, dear! I bought you a new oven! ... and an iron! ... and a vacuum cleaner! ... and a nice new scrub brush and bucket!

You're an Idiot, pretty much on equal standing with the Putz!

Cannuck
...says the guy that wants to buy his wife an oven for Xmas

Curious Cdn

...says the guy that wants to buy his wife an oven for Xmas

That's a misogynistic old fart's treat, you see.

Danbones
Quit takin' people's guns and putting people in the ovens guys, you'll make more friends.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Quit takin' people's guns and putting people in the ovens guys, you'll make more friends.

Good morning, Crazy Pants!

Danbones

Yes, That obviously worked for your mom when she was pregger's with you.

Oh, you meant put the fork in the ELECTRICAL socket!

Haha, My bad.

bill barilko
+1
OK now that you mention it a great old range in my last place was acting similarly and the landlord just replaced it-in speaking with the handyman/electrician he had I came to understand it wasn't worth saving.

Cannuck
Just wondering how we made out here. Did JLM convince the little woman that a stove was a great christmas present?

Curious Cdn

Just wondering how we made out here. Did JLM convince the little woman that a stove was a great christmas present?

.. and does he call her "Mother"?

MHz

Let him use yours . . . if it is such a good plan.

MHz

.. and does he call her "Mother"?

. . . depends what 'she' is holding in her fist.