Kitchen range oven


JLM
-1
#1
Both oven elements are only putting out about 50% about 320F max. Fuses look OK. I've kind of eliminated problems with the elements themselves as I can't see them both partially failing at the same time. I'm wondering if the problem is with the switch or the thermostat. If anyone reading this has experienced the same problem I'd sure appreciate letting me know. Thanks, JLM
 
DaSleeper
#2
I saw that happening on a stove once and the strange thing was the large top burner had two fuses and one was burnt,

I replaced it and the oven worked............
So Check "ALL" the fuses..............
 
JLM
-1
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I saw that happening on a stove once and the strange thing was the large top burner had two fuses and one was burnt,

I replaced it and the oven worked............
So Check "ALL" the fuses..............


Thanks Sleepy. My son did check the fuses, but I'm going to take another look at them. I was wondering if the problem might be with the switch or thermostat.
 
Cannuck
-1
#4
Your son's an idiot so I would check again
 
Curious Cdn
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Both oven elements are only putting out about 50% about 320F max. Fuses look OK. I've kind of eliminated problems with the elements themselves as I can't see them both partially failing at the same time. I'm wondering if the problem is with the switch or the thermostat. If anyone reading this has experienced the same problem I'd sure appreciate letting me know. Thanks, JLM

Ever thought of plugging it into 220v instead of 110v, Nicola?
 
JLM
+1 / -1
#6  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Ever thought of plugging it into 220v instead of 110v, Nicola?


Good thinking, someone probably changed the electrical circuitry behind the stove when we weren't looking. (You are as pathetic as Putz) but it's great fun getting to laugh at you Assholes)
 
Curious Cdn
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Good thinking, someone probably changed the electrical circuitry behind the stove when we weren't looking. (You are as pathetic as Putz) but it's great fun getting to laugh at you Assholes)

I figured that you'd changed the plug on the wire to the stove because the first one didn't match the one in the nearby wall outlet.
 
DaSleeper
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Thanks Sleepy. My son did check the fuses, but I'm going to take another look at them. I was wondering if the problem might be with the switch or thermostat.

If it's not a fuse, and the only sure way to test them is with a continuity tester, because a fuse can be burnt and look ok...
It could be the thermocouple (temperature sensor)and for that you better call an electrician unless you're familiar with wiring and/or electronics and you have a multimeter
 
Cannuck
-1
#9
Stick your tongue in the outlet to see if there’s juice
 
Curious Cdn
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Stick your tongue in the outlet to see if there’s juice

I was thinking a fork ...
 
JLM
-1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

If it's not a fuse, and the only sure way to test them is with a continuity tester, because a fuse can be burnt and look ok...
It could be the thermocouple (temperature sensor)and for that you better call an electrician unless you're familiar with wiring and/or electronics and you have a multimeter


Yeah, I've come to that conclusion, will call one tomorrow. I think the range is pretty old and the wife is wanting a self cleaning oven so if I have a couple of bucks in my jeans come Xmas she might be in for a surprise.
 
Curious Cdn
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Yeah, I've come to that conclusion, will call one tomorrow. I think the range is pretty old and the wife is wanting a self cleaning oven so if I have a couple of bucks in my jeans come Xmas she might be in for a surprise.

What? A shiny, new Korean range that'll last you another five years?

...seven maybe?

You will be shocked to find out that's is all that's being on the market in this country, at the moment. "25" year appliances are gone forever.
 
Cannuck
-1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I was thinking a fork ...

I doubt he’s smart enough to use one
 
Cannuck
-1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

if I have a couple of bucks in my jeans come Xmas she might be in for a surprise.

If? You’re not sure if you can afford a new oven for the little Mrs’ Christmas present? That’s pretty sad.....buying your wife an oven for Xmas I mean....not sure if you have the money is expected.
 
Curious Cdn
#15
Merry Christmas, dear! I bought you a new oven! ... and an iron! ... and a vacuum cleaner! ... and a nice new scrub brush and bucket!
 
Cannuck
-1
#16
I’m sure he thinks she’s lucky to have him
 
Curious Cdn
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I’m sure he thinks she’s lucky to have him

I'll even bet that she whistles while she works!
 
JLM
-1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I'll even bet that she whistles while she works!


You guys are just a barrel of laughs but why display your ignorance to the whole wide world? I do have to admit making fun of you and Putz provides great pleasure!
 
Cannuck
-1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I'll even bet that she whistles while she works!

I’m not sure what is funnier (or more pathetic) buying your wife a kitchen appliance as a gift or admitting you do it
 
JLM
-1
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Merry Christmas, dear! I bought you a new oven! ... and an iron! ... and a vacuum cleaner! ... and a nice new scrub brush and bucket!


You're an Idiot, pretty much on equal standing with the Putz!
 
Cannuck
-1
#21
...says the guy that wants to buy his wife an oven for Xmas
 
Curious Cdn
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

...says the guy that wants to buy his wife an oven for Xmas

That's a misogynistic old fart's treat, you see.
 
Danbones
#23
Quit takin' people's guns and putting people in the ovens guys, you'll make more friends.
 
Curious Cdn
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Quit takin' people's guns and putting people in the ovens guys, you'll make more friends.

Good morning, Crazy Pants!
 
Danbones
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I was thinking a fork ...

Yes, That obviously worked for your mom when she was pregger's with you.

Oh, you meant put the fork in the ELECTRICAL socket!

Haha, My bad.
 
bill barilko
+1
#26
OK now that you mention it a great old range in my last place was acting similarly and the landlord just replaced it-in speaking with the handyman/electrician he had I came to understand it wasn't worth saving.
 
Cannuck
#27
Just wondering how we made out here. Did JLM convince the little woman that a stove was a great christmas present?
 
Curious Cdn
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Just wondering how we made out here. Did JLM convince the little woman that a stove was a great christmas present?

.. and does he call her "Mother"?
 
MHz
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Stick your tongue in the outlet to see if there’s juice

Let him use yours . . . if it is such a good plan.
 
MHz
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

.. and does he call her "Mother"?

. . . depends what 'she' is holding in her fist.
 

Similar Threads

56
Dog tortured and killed in Oven
by westmanguy | Feb 14th, 2007
0
Men served fries doused in oven cleaner
by sanctus | Dec 31st, 2006
1
Burnt body discovered in Roman oven
by Blackleaf | Aug 14th, 2006