Canada's Identity Crisis

B00Mer
Is Canada Still a Country? How Canada's Identity Crisis Could Threaten the US

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2...hreaten-the-us

B00Mer
https://www.facebook.com/14064786539...1789511995393/

Curious Cdn
You're the only one with an identity crisis. Most of the rest of Canadians are pretty normal.

B00Mer
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

You're the only one with an identity crisis. Most of the rest of Canadians are pretty normal.

If you're the example of Canadian normalcy, Canada's fukked

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

You're all alone in your traitorous fantasy world.

taxslave
+3

That's the problem with people from Ontariowe. They fukk up everything they touch. They finally get a good premier and now they want to fukk that up too.
You simply can not promote multiculturalism and expect to have a Canadian identity at the same time.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

That's the problem with people from Ontariowe. They fukk up everything they touch. They finally get a good premier and now they want to fukk that up too.
You simply can not promote multiculturalism and expect to have a Canadian identity at the same time.

Ford's a thug like Trump. There's nothing good about either of them.

pgs
+5
#8  Top Rated Post

See .

Serryah

You can if being multicultural IS part of the Canadian identity.

B00Mer
+1

You're a fukked up Libtard.. Glad Scheer will be the next PM and Trump will win in 2020

That just must pain you

DaSleeper
+2
Probably voting N D P

MHz
+1

. Glad Scheer will be the next PM
That just must pain you

The pain both parties cause 'the West' comes at a slightly different rate, other than that they are both the very same and take orders from the very same people that are foreigners. Maybe kicking out the two bad apples is the best way to 'save Canada' as going independent would also hurt the people in the north who are already under as much stress as the East can cause without making huge headlines.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Probably voting N D P

Vote Tory almost always.

You libertarian mutants on here don't get it but most Canadians ... Conservative and Liberals ...occupy a political middle ground that you guys don't seem to grasp. "Middle" means that there is a broad consensus as to what it is to be Canadian, what our collective aspirations are, common morality, common purpose. You guys don't seem to share those. You tell me that I'm not a real Conservative because I'm not on the ultra right like you are. If all of us "middle-of-the-road Conservatives get pushed out by a Republican wannabee fringe, you will literally finish the next election behind the NDP ... and the one after that and the one after that. Your political beliefs are marginal and will not appeal to many Canadians ... barely a double digit number of them.

p.s. Real Conservatives and Real Canadians believe that Canada is an indivisible nation.

Here comes the donkey braying from you marginal tough guys who don't really understand any of that, now:

MHz

Vote Tory almost always.
p.s. Real Conservatives and Real Canadians believe that Canada is an indivisible nation.
Here comes the donkey braying from you marginal tough guys who don't really understand any of that, now:

How did you miss catching SNC between 2005-2015? (if the cons are the only ones on the ball)

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

How did you miss catching SNC between 2005-2015? (if the cons are the only ones on the ball)

I am a fiscsl conservative. I do not believe in gassing Jews, Hispanics, Muslims nor Prooooogs.

DaSleeper
+1

Vote Tory almost always.

You libertarian mutants on here don't get it but most Canadians ... Conservative and Liberals ...occupy a political middle ground that you guys don't seem to grasp. "Middle" means that there is a broad consensus as to what it is to be Canadian, what our collective aspirations are, common morality, common purpose. You guys don't seem to share those. You tell me that I'm not a real Conservative because I'm not on the ultra right like you are. If all of us "middle-of-the-road Conservatives get pushed out by a Republican wannabee fringe, you will literally finish the next election behind the NDP ... and the one after that and the one after that. Your political beliefs are marginal and will not appeal to many Canadians ... barely a double digit number of them.

Everything north of the french river is solid orange...
But I still vote Tory....if only to increase the total percentage of votes for them country-wise...
The only time I voted N.D.P. at the provincial level a co-worker at the mill was running
He and Bob Rae did good for the town back then...

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Everything north of the french river is solid orange...
But I still vote Tory....if only to increase the total percentage of votes for them country-wise...
The only time I voted N.D.P. at the provincial level a co-worker at the mill was running
He and Bob Rae did good for the town back then...

I live in a riding that switches back and forth. It swung Liberal last election after being Tory for a few. We have Tory Ridings directly to the North and West of us in the Halton region but Peel, Mississauga to the East have those high immigrant populations that tend to vote Liberal ... for some inexplicable reason.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

You can if being multicultural IS part of the Canadian identity.

That is a clash of identiries, not a common identity.

taxslave
+1

Vote Tory almost always.

Trouble is your idea of Canadian identity is what Toronto thinks it should be. Not relevant to most of the rest of the country and is the cause of much friction. To a lesser extent the same can be said of all citiots. There is a very real disconnect between Vancouver and the rest of BC where the money is made and all the real work is done.

pgs
+1

Trouble is your idea of Canadian identity is what Toronto thinks it should be. Not relevant to most of the rest of the country and is the cause of much friction. To a lesser extent the same can be said of all citiots. There is a very real disconnect between Vancouver and the rest of BC where the money is made and all the real work is done.

Not all the lower mainland vote Greendp . Most of us still work and no which side of the toast the butter is on .

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Not all the lower mainland vote Greendp . Most of us still work and no which side of the toast the butter is on .

Know .

Curious Cdn

I don't care what Toronto thinks, either. You must be some sort of zombie if you think that I am required to buy into some parochial, regional view of this vast country. What I don't here much from you Western Yahoo tough guys is any sort of commitment to your country (or anything, for that matter) as you have. You are victims of regional populists one after another ... Aberhart, the Mannings, the Bennetts, Van der Zalm, Kline, Day, Kenney ... poisonining your outlook for their own political gain.

pgs
+1

I don't care what Toronto thinks, either. You must be some sort of zombie if you think that I am required to buy into some parochial, regional view of this vast country. What I don't here much from you Western Yahoo tough guys is any sort of commitment to your country (or anything, for that matter) as you have. You are victims of regional populists one after another ... Aberhart, the Mannings, the Bennetts, Van der Zalm, Kline, Day, Kenney ... poisonining your outlook for their own political gain.

No what we in the west see and have seen for generations is government policy that is Ontario Quebec centric. Sh-t we even know who will form government before our polls close .

Serryah
I'll never understand why any part of Canada would think it'd be a good idea to join the US. Canada has enough things going on with it that are similar to the US that really, what's better in the US?

But in the end, if anyone wants to leave Canada, fine. Go. But I actually wonder just how many people would be left in Alberta, say, if it did leave Canada. Because in the end, I think as much as people dislike Ontario and Quebec, they'd despise being in the US more.

taxslave

Ford And TRump have two important things in common.
1) They both Care about their electorate.
2) They both hate leftards.
WHat more could you wish for in a leader? Especially since you claim to be a fiscal conservative.

taxslave

I'll never understand why any part of Canada would think it'd be a good idea to join the US. Canada has enough things going on with it that are similar to the US that really, what's better in the US?
But in the end, if anyone wants to leave Canada, fine. Go. But I actually wonder just how many people would be left in Alberta, say, if it did leave Canada. Because in the end, I think as much as people dislike Ontario and Quebec, they'd despise being in the US more.

I don't see much traction in joining the US but I can see Canada and possibly the US splitting up and various parts becoming seperate countries. Cascadia would probably work for one.

pgs

I am not shilling for joining the U.S. , but if or when Alberta , Saskatchewan and perhaps others vote to separate B.C. will be left with three choices, join them , go it alone , or apply for American protection with a path to full statehood . Staying in a separated Canada would not be an option . IMHO .

Jarmo

Is Canada Still a Country? How Canada's Identity Crisis Could Threaten the US
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2...hreaten-the-us

The real hockey view like!

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

No what we in the west see and have seen for generations is government policy that is Ontario Quebec centric. Sh-t we even know who will form government before our polls close .

That's where 3/5s of the Canadian population live.

Wait 'til you tough guys become the 51st State of the US. Your yotal population will be 3/100ths of that of the United States and boy will you ever have political clout, then. Right now, the Americans are swimming in oil too and that part won't impress them, either.

petros

Mom gave you a bigger allowance?