The Flannel Chef - Gourmet Grilled Cheese

petros
+1
I just had the best grilled cheese sammich ever and I'm going to share my culinary genius right here, right now.

Even women will love this grilled cheese manwich.

Ingredients
  • bruschetta
  • purple onion
  • green pepper
  • black olives
  • Italian blend shredded cheese (mozza provolone, parmesan, asagio)
  • feta
  • oregano
  • olive oil
  • garlic
You know how do the rest.

ENJOY!

Sal
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I just had the best grilled cheese sammich ever and I'm going to share my culinary genius right here, right now.

Ingredients

• bruschetta
  • purple onion
  • green pepper
  • black olives
  • feta
  • oregano
  • olive oil
  • garlic

ENJOY!

so I am gonna substitute goat's cheese for the feta, and leave out the olives...I am starving... and it sounds divine.

petros
Absolutely amazing.

L Gilbert
+1
Yep. Sounds good except for those foul and maleficent black things.

petros
P.S. the garlic is brushed on with the olive oil (just incase)

Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Yep. Sounds good except for those foul and maleficent black things. And you forgot the garlic.

use green

I never forgot garlc

Sal
no olives...or feta too much salt...otherwise ...yeah baby

petros
tread lightly and salt isn't an issue.

L Gilbert
+1

P.S. the garlic is brushed on with the olive oil (just incase)

use green

The green ones are just as foul and maleficent.

Quote:

I never forgot garlc

Yeah, i edited that in because I thought you forgot and then deleted it after I checked.

petros
+1
Now, it's time to reward myself with a nap for the efforts.

Sal

tread lightly and salt isn't an issue.

I am treading lightly but would like to tread maybe 7 pounds lighter and then would be thrilled... my guy even though he marathons and eats better than me has BP issues...he can eat salt when running otherwise...not so much.

petros
Sometimes the best way to lose weight is eat a little more to take the body off of storage mode from dieting.

Sal

Sometimes the best way to lose weight is eat a little more to take the body off of storage mode from eting.

sometimes but not in this case, I can eat. I can experience low blood sugar so never go more than 3 hours without food...it keeps things level, and ups the metabolism...I would just be happier with 7 pounds off of me. I am doing well with the NutriBullet that I bought. My problem is portion control. If i wanted to go back to high school weight I should really lose 15 pounds but I am not going to press it. I am a healthy weight now, just could be better.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

sometimes but not in this case, I can eat. I can experience low blood sugar so never go more than 3 hours without food...

It was tough going three hours without making another of these.

Sal

It was tough going three hours without making another of these.

lol... it sure made me hungry

Palindrome
+1
Can any grilled cheese play?
My favourite bread for it is Greek pita. Slit one end carefully, stuff with a mix pf shredded cheeses, finely sliced red pepper, sliced green olives and sauteed mushroom; distribute filling evenly. Brush outside with olive oil. On preheated grill or pan, brown both sides.
Serve with cherry tomatoes and/or cucumber sticks and/or a cold Creemore.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

I am treading lightly but would like to tread maybe 7 pounds lighter and then would be thrilled... my guy even though he marathons and eats better than me has BP issues...he can eat salt when running otherwise...not so much.

B-complex, particularly B-3 (niacin). Skip drinking colas rather than coffee, increase intake of whole grain oatmeal, red/purple grape juice, bananas, berries, dark chocolate (the less sugar the better), and plant proteins. Switch from white pastas to whole grain ones.

Christianna
I don't know that I would call it a grilled cheese sandwich. Just a grilled something or other.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Palindrome View Post

Can any grilled cheese play?
My favourite bread for it is Greek pita. Slit one end carefully, stuff with a mix pf shredded cheeses, finely sliced red pepper, sliced green olives and sauteed mushroom; distribute filling evenly. Brush outside with olive oil. On preheated grill or pan, brown both sides.
Serve with cherry tomatoes and/or cucumber sticks and/or a cold Creemore.

Sounds good.

Another awesome grilled sammich is cream cheese and bramble berry on sourdough.

#juan

Ingredients

• bruschetta
  • purple onion
  • green pepper
  • black olives
  • feta
  • oregano
  • olive oil
  • garlic

ENJOY!

First of all forget the damned bruschette. Use real bread like a nice whole wheat bread.
For cheese use sharp white Cheddar and parmesan. The spices are fine but crush
some garlic into your olive oil and brush it on the outside of the sandwich before grilling,
I would use both black and green olives and sliced Burmuda onions.
Grille on both sides until the cheeses are melted and the bread is nicely browned.
Enjoy with your favorite cold beer.
Cheers