+5
#1  Top Rated Post
Michigan Rejects 846 Mail-In Ballots From Dead Voters
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...voters-n796410

Good on Michigan.

Walter
+3
Time To Clean Up Voter Registration Rates That Exceed 100%
Los Angeles County has an estimated 1.6 million too many voters, that’s the difference between the number of people on the county’s voter rolls and the actual number of voting age residents.

https://westconshy.com/2019/07/11/ti...at-exceed-100/

What could possibly go wrong.

Hoid
hanging chads - 0

petros
+2
Hanging Hymies

taxslave
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Time To Clean Up Voter Registration Rates That Exceed 100%
Los Angeles County has an estimated 1.6 million too many voters, that’s the difference between the number of people on the county’s voter rolls and the actual number of voting age residents.

https://westconshy.com/2019/07/11/ti...at-exceed-100/
What could possibly go wrong.

Hillary will win the next election.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Hillary will win the next election.

I'll just put you down as "opposed to democracy."

taxslave
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You can put me down for whatever you want. Like most things out of a lawyer's mouth it would be bullshit. Or at best an uninformed opinion.

Hoid

or " free from reason"

taxslave
+1
The only thing you know about free is the money you get from the taxpayers every month. Reason has too many letters for you to even pronounce never mind understand.

Hoid
Apparently Florida has always had mail in voting. They typically get 30-40% mail in.

It is them most reliable method they have - so you can see why Putin would have a problem with it

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Apparently Florida has always had mail in voting. They typically get 30-40% mail in.

It is them most reliable method they have - so you can see why Putin would have a problem with it

Maybe something to do with those hanging chads that cost you so much .

Tecumsehsbones
+1

You can put me down for whatever you want. Like most things out of a lawyer's mouth it would be bullshit. Or at best an uninformed opinion.

You've specifically opposed measures to increase voter participation, and explicitly said that you don't want "freeloaders" to have the right to vote.

Face it, you want to go back two centuries and limit "democracy" to white male landowners.

Girth
+1

You've specifically opposed measures to increase voter participation, and explicitly said that you don't want "freeloaders" to have the right to vote.
Face it, you want to go back two centuries and limit "democracy" to white male landowners.

Isn't that the way America works?

I've heard that convicted felons forfeit the right to vote, so people convicted of drug offenses (majority of prison population) can't vote, and the prisons are over represented with Blacks and Latinos.

Also, the majority of mail-in votes are from people who can't afford to miss work. Mainly the poor and working class.

The good news is USPS, under pressure from the public and some congressmen, have stopped removing mail boxes from urban areas. The bad news, is they are now placing locked on the mail chutes, so they are rendered useless.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Isn't that the way America works?

It's certainly half of the dynamic.
Quote:

I've heard that convicted felons forfeit the right to vote, so people convicted of drug offenses (majority of prison population) can't vote, and the prisons are over represented with Blacks and Latinos.

Generally true, but varies state to state. What varies wildly is what a felon has to do to get his voting rights restored. And toughest in the South, especially. . . you guessed it. . . Floriduh.
Quote:

Also, the majority of mail-in votes are from people who can't afford to miss work. Mainly the poor and working class.

I don't know about that. I heard it was old folks. Haven't seen anything authoritative either way. When I was in service, I voted by mail in three Presidential elections and a bunch of other elections. Guess for some folks, voting's too good for the GIs.
Quote:

The good news is USPS, under pressure from the public and some congressmen, have stopped removing mail boxes from urban areas. The bad news, is they are now placing locked on the mail chutes, so they are rendered useless.

The bad news is that now the Post Office has been politicized. It's like losing your virginity; there ain't no road back.

Girth

The bad news is that now the Post Office has been politicized. It's like losing your virginity; there ain't no road back.

God I wish this was 1995.

Twin_Moose
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Yep, and even Trump used it as an example that it is good, you send in a request for an absentee ballot, get vetted, fill out the form send back in to cast your vote.

What he is against, clarified this morning in an interview, as all should be, mass mailout of potential voter ballots

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Yep, and even Trump used it as an example that it is good, you send in a request for an absentee ballot, get vetted, fill out the form send back in to cast your vote.
What he is against, clarified this morning in an interview, as all should be, mass mailout of potential voter ballots

He's got a point. If our Covid response is anything to go by, Trump has reduced the institutions of America to the point we're no longer capable of competently managing an election.

taxslave
+3

More bullshit for the resident ambulance chaser. Increasing voter participation is not the same as making it easier for political parties to stuff ballot boxes. Having proper ID to vote is not preventing voter participation either. IF you had ever worked an election you would have some small inkling of what goes on.

Tecumsehsbones

More bullshit for the resident ambulance chaser. Increasing voter participation is not the same as making it easier for political parties to stuff ballot boxes. Having proper ID to vote is not preventing voter participation either. IF you had ever worked an election you would have some small inkling of what goes on.

Would you like me to go dig up the quote of you saying "freeloaders" shouldn't be allowed to vote?

taxslave
+1
If it maakes you feel better by all means.

Twin_Moose
+2

Would you like me to go dig up the quote of you saying "freeloaders" shouldn't be allowed to vote?

Should illegals and non citizens have the right to vote? Should Gov.'s put up polling stations in every country across the world to have a say in a North American country's election? Maybe just let the UN pick the leader of yours and my country's election?

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Should illegals and non citizens have the right to vote?

Of course not. What kind of idiot are you?

Quote:

Should Gov.'s put up polling stations in every country across the world to have a say in a North American country's election?

Quote:

Maybe just let the UN pick the leader of yours and my country's election?

If you want to be that kind of idiot, be my guest.

For me it's super-simple. My rule is you have to be a citizen of the United States, a resident of the state within which you are voting, and not currently under punishment for a crime of which you were duly convicted by law.

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Let's cut the bullshit, Moosie. This is what you want, and why you want it. Though why you get so crazy about elections in a country you don't live in is still beyond me. But here it is. . .

On March 23, 1900, Sen. Benjamin R. “Pitchfork Ben” Tillman of South Carolina, a former S.C. governor as well, took to the floor of the U.S. Senate to defend his state, which had taken the ballot away from Black voters in 1895. He reduced the issue to its simplest terms: “In my State there were 135,000 negro voters, or negroes of voting age, and some 90,000 or 95,000 white voters. Now, I want to ask you, with a free vote and a fair count, how are you going to beat 135,000 by 95,000? How are you going to do it?”

He commenced to tell his Senate colleagues how.

“We had a constitutional convention convened which took the matter up calmly, deliberated, and avowedly with the purpose of disenfranchising as many of them as we could under the fourteenth and fifteenth amendments.”

You don't want a free vote and a fair count. We all know it, why continue to lie?

petros
+3
We'll be having our own election when Covidicus Rex XIX speaks from the Throne after a big bowl of pyrohy.

I hope they werent fried with onions...

Take this as your official invitation to "stick your nose in where it doesnt belong".

Tecumsehsbones
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

We'll be having our own election when Covidicus Rex XIX speaks from the Throne after a big bowl of pyrohy.
I hope they werent fried with onions...
Take this as your official invitation to "stick your nose in where it doesnt belong".

Said a few times I don't think much of Trudeaubama. Said as many times it's none of my affair. I tend to favor Conservative PMs, for exactly one reason: they're easier for us to deal with. My interest and legitimate concern end there.

Well, OK, making fun of Boy Justin, sure, but that's all right. I make fun of BoreJo and Tits Merkel too.

pgs

Let's cut the bullshit, Moosie. This is what you want, and why you want it. Though why you get so crazy about elections in a country you don't live in is still beyond me. But here it is. . .

On March 23, 1900, Sen. Benjamin R. “Pitchfork Ben” Tillman of South Carolina, a former S.C. governor as well, took to the floor of the U.S. Senate to defend his state, which had taken the ballot away from Black voters in 1895. He reduced the issue to its simplest terms: “In my State there were 135,000 negro voters, or negroes of voting age, and some 90,000 or 95,000 white voters. Now, I want to ask you, with a free vote and a fair count, how are you going to beat 135,000 by 95,000? How are you going to do it?”

“We had a constitutional convention convened which took the matter up calmly, deliberated, and avowedly with the purpose of disenfranchising as many of them as we could under the fourteenth and fifteenth amendments.”

You don't want a free vote and a fair count. We all know it, why continue to lie?

1900 America is so similar to 2020 America .

taxslave
+1

For me it's super-simple. My rule is you have to be a citizen of the United States, a resident of the state within which you are voting, and not currently under punishment for a crime of which you were duly convicted by law.

And we should let US citizens vote in the election because? Oh right youall think Canada is just another state up there somewhere.

Twin_Moose

None of which are freeloaders? What is your definition of freeloaders? There is a push in both our countries (more so in yours) of allowing new immigrants and illegals to vote. They circumvented the legal immigration process to take advantage of the benefits of both our countries, that is my definition of freeloaders.

The welfare bums are scamming the system and they come in every race, if they are citizens they have the right to vote, but we should have the right to demand their benefits be limited so they are not freeloading off the taxpayer.

Tecumsehsbones

None of which are freeloaders? What is your definition of freeloaders? There is a push in both our countries (more so in yours) of allowing new immigrants and illegals to vote.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hr...migrants-vote/

Yeah, and Hillary Clinton funnels child sex slaves through the Comet Ping-Pong Pizza Parlor for shipment to her child sex slave camp on Mars.

But I'll tell you something that's completely true. The Democrats already succeeded in letting all those illegal aliens in Puerto Rico vote!

It's a travesty!
Last edited by Tecumsehsbones; Aug 19th, 2020 at 09:03 AM..

Twin_Moose
It's a territory of the USA