#metoo Movement a Job Killer for Women?


Hoof Hearted
+1
#1
I've been saying this for months now to anybody who would listen. Companies don't like risk, and given the choice between hiring a man or a woman, they will choose the guy.

One former CEO agrees with me...

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/n...m-getting-jobs
 
Hoof Hearted
#2
Nobody likes a prude or a tattletale. This movement will screw women out of the workforce for years to come.
 
10larry
+4
#3  Top Rated Post
'You lied. You defamed me': Patrick Brown blasts CTV News after sexual misconduct accuser changes timeline - Toronto - CBC News
The unnamed woman, however, told CBC News in a statement through her lawyer, David Butt, on Wednesday: "I stand firmly by the truth of what I said about Patrick Brown's conduct involving me."

She said "collateral details," such as the timeline difference of a year from what she first recalled, "are not important."


There we have it, it's now official...'details are not important' when destroying a mans' career in the court of pubic opinion, due process is far too open and time consuming with accusers named and evidence examined. #metoo is a handy slur mechanism but of course we know political rivals would never do anything unethical.

No doubt #metoo places gals in a higher risk category when job apps are evalulated, why tempt fate?
 
captain morgan
+2
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

This movement will screw women out of the workforce for years to come.

As more instances of hyper exaggeration occur and/or instances of fraudulent claims, you can expect more employers to take measures to insulate themselves from this risk

Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

I see.....

Take that smack on the ass, shut up about it and treat it as playful comradery.

Tell that to your daughters folks.

... And the award for Most Dramatic Princess goes to......
 
Hoof Hearted
+2
#5
Patrick Brown's accuser NOW says she was NOT underage when the alleged incidents occurred. This changes everything, Brown was seen as a letch plying underage minors with booze.

I hope he sues CTV and/or these women for substantial damages.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

I see.....

Take that smack on the ass, shut up about it and treat it as playful comradery.

Tell that to your daughters folks.

Might as well just not wear underwear to your "performance evaluation." It'll pass quicker.
 
Hoof Hearted
+1
#7
And what are we teaching young men? Never flirt with a woman...it could be a career ender.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

I teach my sons to be respectful.

Maybe teach 'em work isn't actually a social club or a singles bar.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

That too.

Funny how conservatives are getting all cranked about the poor widdle boys that're getting their willies spanked for trying to get 'em wet at work.

Seems to me that a very strong conservative value of the most conservative employers in days gone by was "Thou shalt not fish off the company pier."
 
Hoof Hearted
#10
I know you may find this hard to believe, avro24...but some women do actually like being flirted with. And quite often that casual flirt will lead to marriage, kids and happily ever after.
 
Hoof Hearted
#11
Pollster John Wright tweeted Wednesday, “CTV now reports that accuser of Patrick Brown recounts key piece: she was not underage in bar and not in high school but she ‘stands by her core story’ and CTV stands by their original story.

In a court of law this would shred a case. CTV credibility is on very, very thin ice.”
 
captain morgan
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

Just don't taddle if you don't like it or be a prude....your words.

It happened to my wife twice.....she taddled and oddly still employed.

... And if your wife happened to accidentally hyper exaggerated the story to the point that the facts were, well, not facts, then she might be facing a civil suit seeking very real monetary damages

If what Brown says is true, I sure do hope that he challenges this woman in something a little more formal than the court of public opinion... Only then will you see people being a lot more careful about slandering someone publicly
 
captain morgan
#13
Stop being such a bitch.

Using your logic; because a woman makes an accusation, there is no need for any investigation, just get out some rusty scissors and lop off the balls of the closest male around.

Grow up already
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#14
Funny part is how the "conservatives" who rail that you don't have a right to a job, and your employer should be able to fire you at will for any reason, suddenly get all Wobbly (capitalized, google it) and demanding "due process" when an employer decides to fire somebody for sexual harassment or assault.
 
Hoof Hearted
#15
The #metoo Movement has reached the point now where it's not even okay to be a bachelor.

Patrick Brown is a 39 year old bachelor. And this alone makes him a creepy bastard. It's gotten out of hand.
 
captain morgan
+2
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

The #metoo Movement has reached the point now where it's not even okay to be a bachelor.

Patrick Brown is a 39 year old bachelor. And this alone makes him a creepy bastard. It's gotten out of hand.

The problem lies in the recent trend to punish the accused well in advance of any form of investigation.

McCarthyism reborn.
 
Hoof Hearted
#17
T-Bones,

It's different in Canada. You practically have to murder someone to lose your job...unless of course you tell Sally from Accounting that you like the blouse she is wearing today. Then you're screwed.
 
Hoof Hearted
#18
Prude- "a person who is or claims to be easily shocked by matters relating to sex or nudity."

Tattletale- "a person, especially a child, who reveals secrets or informs on others; a telltale."

Like I said, nobody likes working with a prude or a tattletale. What's the big deal? Everybody knows this. I'm not reinventing the wheel here with this statement.
 
captain morgan
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

So take out your junk with the hope no one tells.

Tell your kids folks.

Hoof is a DJ at a strip bar.

You should probably castrate the neighbor's 7 year old kid just to be safe.

Preventative measures, you understand
 
White_Unifier
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

I know you may find this hard to believe, avro24...but some women do actually like being flirted with. And quite often that casual flirt will lead to marriage, kids and happily ever after.

Don't confuse friendliness with flirting. They can be confused, but not the same thing.

If you're gonna flirt with a woman, make sure she's given you the go-ahead first.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

T-Bones,

It's different in Canada. You practically have to murder someone to lose your job...unless of course you tell Sally from Accounting that you like the blouse she is wearing today. Then you're screwed.

Hoof,

Piss off.
 
Hoof Hearted
#22
I get it. I'm mentally defective and not worth your time. You've pretty much stated this. You're just a little duck gnawing on my ankle.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

I get it. I'm mentally defective and not worth your time. You've pretty much stated this. You're just a little duck gnawing on my ankle.

I wasn't talking to you at all. I'll give you the primer again: you leave me be, I'll leave you be. I have nothing to say to you, and you have nothing to say that I'm interested in hearing.
 
Hoof Hearted
#24
If the women want to go back decades and dig up so-called dirt against men, they're going to be sorry.

Because the upshot of all of this now is that men are going to go back to the hiring practices of decades ago.
 
Mowich
+1
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Funny how conservatives are getting all cranked about the poor widdle boys that're getting their willies spanked for trying to get 'em wet at work.

Seems to me that a very strong conservative value of the most conservative employers in days gone by was "Thou shalt not fish off the company pier."

I have zero tolerance for men who overstep the bounds of propriety no matter where they do it. That said, I also have zero tolerance for women who lie about such impropriety and refuse to come forward and lay charges so that their claims may be judge in court.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I have zero tolerance for men who overstep the bounds of propriety no matter where they do it. That said, I also have zero tolerance for women who lie about such impropriety and refuse to come forward and lay charges so that their claims may be judge in court.

Again, since when do you have to go to court to fire somebody? You fire 'em for improper conduct in the workplace. If they don't like it, they can sue for wrongful termination.

You do understand that most of these cases lead to the firing of the men involved, right? Not criminal charges.
 
petros
#27
Read her post again.
 
10larry
+1
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

I teach my sons to be respectful.

You teach your daughters not to be tattletales and prudes.

I think most if not all parents teach their boys to be respectful but that is no defence against unsubstantiated hanky panky charges. Innocent til proved guilty was a utile premise but now hearsay is gospel, our out of whack pm sez accusers must be believed, who needs court we have a lib seer.
 
YoungCDNGuy
#29
Holy shit! I never even considered that.... definitely can be something you want to avoid
 
Jinentonix
+1
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Again, since when do you have to go to court to fire somebody? You fire 'em for improper conduct in the workplace. If they don't like it, they can sue for wrongful termination.

How does that work when you're a political party leader who's been kicked out of his own caucus? Who would Patrick Brown sue for wrongful termination? The party isn't his employer, the taxpayers are. But the taxpayers didn't kick him out of the Conservative caucus.