‘To be white is to be racist’ teacher in hot water

spaminator
+1
Postmedia Network
First posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:37 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:49 PM EDT
A teacher in Oklahoma has some explaining to do after it was revealed that he taught his class that “to be white is to be racist.”
According to news station KFOR, a student who didn’t want to be named secretly recorded the class about how to “heal the racial divide” on her cell phone - and the message is raising alarm bells with students and parents alike.
The video shows the teacher using a Wite Out marker on a globe to illustrate where white people have used their racial influences. The student said, the teacher “was basically comparing what he had done to the globe to what we did to America.”
Then the teacher went on a rant about what being a racist was all about.
“To be white is to be racist, period,” the teacher said. “Am I racist? I say yeah. I don’t want to be. It’s not like choose to be racist, but do I do things because of the way I was raised?”
The student who is half Hispanic and half Caucasian told KFOR she was “offended” by her teacher labelling her a racist. “Half of my family is Hispanic so I just felt like, you know, him calling me a racist just because I’m white … I mean, where’s your proof in that,” she said. “I felt like he was encouraging people to kind of pick on people for being white.”
The teacher couldn’t be reached for comment. High school officials did give a statement to the news station and said that the teacher was using a “perspective that had been shared at a university lecture he had attended.”
‘To be white is to be racist’ teacher in hot water | World | News | Toronto Sun

Tecumsehsbones
Racists gonna race.

Machjo
+2
What stupid logic. To say white = racist is racist itself.

Danbones
gee and white is all the colors together

and blaming a university lecture?
wow, my kid learned that behavior in school, id call for firing the whole board, principle, and teacher too - unfit to be near responsible children

Machjo
+1
Here's what concerns me. If that teacher doesn't understand basic logical reasoning, then what other prejudices and superstitions is she teaching her students?

In fact, even if the teacher had been right, it would make sense to teach the kids to think for themselves. For example, is it preferable to tell students that the earth is round or is it preferable to teach them how to figure it out for themselves through science?

If a teacher just tells his students that the earth is round, then he's also teaching them that whenever they want to know the answer to anything, they just have to ask a 'teacher.'

If he teaches them how to figure it out for themselves, then they can apply those skills to make other and maybe even new discoveries on their own too.

Remington1
Poor little white children. It's abused of power and I hope the parents are outraged and plan on protecting their kids from this prejudice man.

davesmom
Why would teachers be teaching such drivel in school? All parents of all races should be opposed to people teaching their children THEIR OWN view about racism. It promotes division and resentment among races.
I would be pulling my child out of a class like that if it were my child.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Sounds like he was trying to teach the phony concept of white privilege. As they mentioned he got his brainwashing from the local university.

Gilgamesh
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Postmedia Network
First posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:37 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:49 PM EDT
A teacher in Oklahoma has some explaining to do after it was revealed that he taught his class that “to be white is to be racist.”
According to news station KFOR, a student who didn’t want to be named secretly recorded the class about how to “heal the racial divide” on her cell phone - and the message is raising alarm bells with students and parents alike.
The video shows the teacher using a Wite Out marker on a globe to illustrate where white people have used their racial influences. The student said, the teacher “was basically comparing what he had done to the globe to what we did to America.”
Then the teacher went on a rant about what being a racist was all about.
“To be white is to be racist, period,” the teacher said. “Am I racist? I say yeah. I don’t want to be. It’s not like choose to be racist, but do I do things because of the way I was raised?”
The student who is half Hispanic and half Caucasian told KFOR she was “offended” by her teacher labelling her a racist. “Half of my family is Hispanic so I just felt like, you know, him calling me a racist just because I’m white … I mean, where’s your proof in that,” she said. “I felt like he was encouraging people to kind of pick on people for being white.”
The teacher couldn’t be reached for comment. High school officials did give a statement to the news station and said that the teacher was using a “perspective that had been shared at a university lecture he had attended.”
‘To be white is to be racist’ teacher in hot water | World | News | Toronto Sun

An other teacher badly in need of a basic education.
People that stupid should only be employed as manure shovellers, medical guinea pigs, & organ donors. A dictionary would also help.

Torch light
All 4 human races are God's creation.
The peacock's beautiful colored feathers, but not its sound is so beautiful, like the nightingale; so to each of them is its criteria.

The best one among the human races is the man that is a God-fearing.

Satan boasted to Adam that he was created of black putrid semi-dry mud, while Satan had been created of fire, and he said his origin is better than the origin of Adam.. so God drove him out of Paradise in Heaven.

This is like Michael Jackson who gained money and thought to alter God's creation by turning himself as he thought into a white man.. but he became uglier than ever.

A fable :
The crow heard the nightingale, and saw the sparrow.. so he wanted to do like them.. so it became the ugliest bird in sound and in walking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2NSGr01Lqs

taxslave
+2
There is only one race. Human.

petros
+3
#12  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

But 10,000+ tribes and 6500+ languages.

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Is that all ?

Jinentonix
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Torch light View Post

All 4 human races are God's creation.
The peacock's beautiful colored feathers, but not its sound is so beautiful, like the nightingale; so to each of them is its criteria.

The best one among the human races is the man that is a God-fearing.

Satan boasted to Adam that he was created of black putrid semi-dry mud, while Satan had been created of fire, and he said his origin is better than the origin of Adam.. so God drove him out of Paradise in Heaven.

This is like Michael Jackson who gained money and thought to alter God's creation by turning himself as he thought into a white man.. but he became uglier than ever.

A fable :
The crow heard the nightingale, and saw the sparrow.. so he wanted to do like them.. so it became the ugliest bird in sound and in walking.

And yet the crow is still more intelligent than you are.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Crow's smarter'n most people I've met.

The dodo's smarter'n Torchy.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

And at least 5000 religions.

Jinentonix
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Crow's smarter'n most people I've met.

The dodo's smarter'n Torchy.

Hell, crows not only remember humans who have helped them, they'll tell their buddies those humans are safe. Amusingly, the "insult" bird-brain is now more of a compliment.

Tecumsehsbones
+2

Hell, crows not only remember humans who have helped them, they'll tell their buddies those humans are safe. Amusingly, the "insult" bird-brain is now more of a compliment.

Some Australian researches have given crows non-verbal IQ tests and claimed they scored 70.

Hell, with an IQ of 70, in the U.S. you can vote.

My local flock is doing OK, had a good breeding season, but one little guy, just out from under Mom's wing, hurt his leg pretty badly. The "wrist" is broken or sprained, and he can't put any weight on it. He drags himself up to my balcony a couple of time a day and I feed him fried chicken. I hope he recovers.

Torch light

I may not reply to your personal offenses..

Torch light
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Scientifically, there are four human races.. all of them are humans, with some differences even in their blood.
Your insisting on one human race indicates your narrow mind.

The evolutionist among the white race insult the other human races specially the black race, by claiming humanity originated in Africa, and so the other races will be superior to the black according to their claim.
While the truth is opposite to this.

Each human race originated in one continent separated from the other continents.. in the past it made far far and very far distances.
Anyhow, there had been the intermingling of these races by intermarriages: daughters to the sons of other races and vice versa.

It can't be (God's jealousy and zealously) does not permit this that the brother marries the sister, but only according to corrupt atheist minds.

But because the white race is the last created one, it has been better in shape and in some other criteria.. God always creates better and better and better...while the other 3 races have also their specific criteria ..

Muslims all over the world belong to all races may be.
The important thing is the piety, righteousness, fearing of God and the devotion to God alone... and it is not the color or the beauty which lets man go to Paradise and receive the good pleasure of God.
Last edited by Torch light; Aug 17th, 2020 at 04:13 PM..

Durry
+1

Scientifically, there are four human races.. all of them are humans, with some differences even in their blood.
Your insisting on one human race indicates your narrow mind.
The evolutionist among the white race insult the other human races specially the black race, by claiming humanity originated in Africa, and so the other races will be superior to the black according to their claim.
While the truth is opposite to this.
Each human race originated in one continent separated from the other continents.. in the past it made far far and very far distances.
Anyhow, there had been of intermingling of these races by intermarriages: daughters to the sons of other races and vice versa.
It can't be (God's jealousy and zealously) does not permit this that the brother marries the sister, but only according to corrupt atheist minds.
But because the white race is the last created one, it has been better in shape and in some other criteria.. God always creates better and better and better...while the other 3 races have also their specific criteria ..
Muslims all over the world belong to all races may be.
The important thing is the piety, righteousness, fearing of God and the devotion to God alone... and it is not the color or the beauty which lets man go to Paradise and receive the good pleasure of God.

There is no god, he is only a figment of your imagination.

Hoid

Scientifically, there are four human races.. .

Scientifically there is no such thing as race.

It is a social construct only, being defined as whatever the person wants to define it as.

Jinentonix
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Scientifically there is no such thing as race.

Wrong again dumb ass. Neanderthals were a distinctly separate human race from modern Homo Sapiens. In fact, modern humans shared the planet with the Neanderthals for longer than we've had the place to ourselves.

Race based on colour is an artificial social construct.

Jinentonix
+1

I may not reply to your personal offenses..

A crow would, but then it's more intelligent than you.

Tecumsehsbones

Wrong again dumb ass. Neanderthals were a distinctly separate human race from modern Homo Sapiens. In fact, modern humans shared the planet with the Neanderthals for longer than we've had the place to ourselves.
Race based on colour is an artificial social construct.

Nope, Hoid's right, you're wrong. The term you're searching for is "species" or "subspecies" (there's some debate on which is correct). Taxonomically, there's no such thing as "race."

Cro-Magnons (us. . . well, me, I can't swear to you) are Homo sapiens sapiens. Neandertals are either Homo neanderthalensis or Homo sapiens neanderthalensis.

Hoid
+1
if someone can make a baby with your sister he is the same species as you.

Cliffy

There are quite a few neanderthals on these forums and, yes, any one of them can impregnate your sister.

petros
+3
Wow.......

taxslave
+1

Hi daaaaavvveee

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

There are quite a few neanderthals on these forums and, yes, any one of them can impregnate your sister.

Other than you, would anyone want to?