End the Lockdown

Girth
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Hindustan Times . What do the fact checkers say about them ?

No idea. Never heard of them, and never posted a news story from their website.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
DaSleeper
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/?s=Hindustan+Times+

pgs

Hindustan Times . What do the fact checkers say about them ?

Posted by Girth .

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

If Canada had taken no measures whatsoever, the death rate would have been 30 times the rate of a normal season of influenza.

450,000 death/year worldwide x 0.5 (Canada's share of World population) = 225,000

22,500 x 30 = 675,000

675,000 people would have died in Canada from the start of the pandemic until early 2021.

It has been 5 months since Canada recorded over 12 cases/day for the first time (March 11). I will just use that as a starting point for the pandemic. So:

675,000 x 5/12 = 281,500

281,500 Canadians would have died without social distancing measures.

By implementing social distancing measures, we managed to save 272,000 people.

Saying COVID is 30 times deadlier than the seasonal flu is conservative, as many virologists believe it to be 50-100 times more lethal.

Did you not post this ? Notice the link at bottom . Do you not check your sources ?

captain morgan
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

250/million so 250 * 37.5 million = 9,375.

It does make an interesting cost benefit analysis. Depends on how much value you place on 9,375 human lives.

Let's not limit that question just to covid.. How about cancer?... Drowning deaths in swimming pools?... Alcohol/smoking?...Influenza?.... The list is essentially endless, so the only question remaining is how much should the global collective spend on these issues

If Canada had taken no measures whatsoever, the death rate would have been 30 times the rate of a normal season of influenza.

30 times... Where did this number come from and exactly how do 'they' know considering that this is a 'novel' virus with no known scientific understanding of it?

450,000 death/year worldwide x 0.5 (Canada's share of World population) = 225,000

22,500 x 30 = 675,000

Your math is wrong, you have calculated Canada's share of deaths as half the total number (ie 225k is 1/2 of 450k).

0.5% of 450,000 is 22,500

675,000 people would have died in Canada from the start of the pandemic until early 2021.

It has been 5 months since Canada recorded over 12 cases/day for the first time (March 11). I will just use that as a starting point for the pandemic. So:

675,000 x 5/12 = 281,500

281,500 Canadians would have died without social distancing measures.

By implementing social distancing measures, we managed to save 272,000 people.

This number is fully dependent on covid being 30X more lethal and at this time, there is only wild speculation on that being realistic

Saying COVID is 30 times deadlier than the seasonal flu is conservative, as many virologists believe it to be 50-100 times more lethal.

Again, show me more than speculation and fear mongering by these virologists that made the same apocalyptic predictions earlier... They are no different than the AGW crowd that called their shots on ice caps vanishing, sea levels rising, floods, droughts, etc, etc

pgs
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Let's not limit that question just to covid.. How about cancer?... Drowning deaths in swimming pools?... Alcohol/smoking?...Influenza?.... The list is essentially endless, so the only question remaining is how much should the global collective spend on these issues

30 times... Where did this number come from and exactly how do 'they' know considering that this is a 'novel' virus with no known scientific understanding of it?

Your math is wrong, you have calculated Canada's share of deaths as half the total number (ie 225k is 1/2 of 450k).

0.5% of 450,000 is 22,500

This number is fully dependent on covid being 30X more lethal and at this time, there is only wild speculation on that being realistic

Again, show me more than speculation and fear mongering by these virologists that made the same apocalyptic predictions earlier... They are no different than the AGW crowd that called their shots on ice caps vanishing, sea levels rising, floods, droughts, etc, etc

The lockdown scenario is the brain child of a 14 year old high school sophomore in or around 2007 . Her father made a computer model based on a sample size of 10,000 . Somehow this model was used by CDC and WHO as a workable solution to global pandemic. It has worked about as well as the above mentioned global warming shit .

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

DOn't be putting too much faith in Big Pharma.

I dont because this vaccine is coming out of big veterinary. Ever herd of them?

Girth

"Typo is short for typographical error, and you can also call it a misprint. Typos are errors made during the typing process that have been missed by editors and proofreaders."

Notice how I calculated with 22,500 with the next equation. Stop grasping at straws.

Quote:

Actually it onus is up to you to find sources to disprove my work. I'm tiring of drawing out these long posts, and providing credible sources and references. Just like the Flat Earth society and 9/11 truthers, it's impossible to convince people who feel the World is overreacting to COVID, and that it is equal or slightly worse than the seasonal flu, to re-evaluate their thoughts on the issue.

Agree to disagree I guess.

Girth

Did you not post this ? Notice the link at bottom . Do you not check your sources ?

That is called an "image" or a "meme" as the kids say today.

I never posted an "news story" from the source of the image.

There is a big difference.

The message of the image is correct. Social distancing works, so it's irrelevant what article the image is from, if there even was an article to begin with.

Girth

The lockdown scenario is the brain child of a 14 year old high school sophomore in or around 2007 . Her father made a computer model based on a sample size of 10,000 . Somehow this model was used by CDC and WHO as a workable solution to global pandemic. It has worked about as well as the above mentioned global warming shit .

This is exactly the way the United States has handled the response to the COVID epidemic. The fact there are half a dozen posters who want to implement the policies of the GOP, in regards to the COVID pandemic, and other political issues, is downright scary. It also explains why trump continues to enjoy an approval rating of nearly 42% wich is higher than George H.W. Bush and Jimmy Carter at the same point in their respective terms.

Even I can admit that climate change is real. I just question whether scientists are underestimating the Earth's natural ability to tolerate, and cleanse itself from man-made emissions.

petros
+1
What happens to an immune system with nothing to fight?

I'm curious. How much contact is needed? Kids need the exposure to other humans. Age of acquisition is also key, is delay going to cause issues?

captain morgan
+1

"Typo is short for typographical error, and you can also call it a misprint. Typos are errors made during the typing process that have been missed by editors and proofreaders."

Notice how I calculated with 22,500 with the next equation. Stop grasping at straws.

Actually it onus is up to you to find sources to disprove my work. I'm tiring of drawing out these long posts, and providing credible sources and references. Just like the Flat Earth society and 9/11 truthers, it's impossible to convince people who feel the World is overreacting to COVID, and that it is equal or slightly worse than the seasonal flu, to re-evaluate their thoughts on the issue.

Agree to disagree I guess.

Making the assumption that covid is 30X more deadly than influenza is an absolutely, remarkably abstract (if not random) assumption.

The scientific community has only had approx 5-6 months to understand this virus and yet, they represent their information like this virus being 30X more deadly (if not 50-100X) as being proven and completely factual.... To say it's speculative at is best is exceptionally generous

It doesn't even come close to adding up

Girth

Making the assumption that covid is 30X more deadly than influenza is an absolutely, remarkably abstract (if not random) assumption.
The scientific community has only had approx 5-6 months to understand this virus and yet, they represent their information like this virus being 30X more deadly (if not 50-100X) as being proven and completely factual.... To say it's speculative at is best is exceptionally generous
It doesn't even come close to adding up

30 times was a figure often quoted. Once again your words have little or no meaning, without reliable sources to disprove the statement.

You can say Canada has a population of 37.8 Million people. If one were to say "NO ITS NOT!" would they have conclusively disproven your statement?

captain morgan
+1

30 times was a figure often quoted. Once again your words have little or no meaning, without reliable sources to disprove the statement.

You can say Canada has a population of 37.8 Million people. If one were to say "NO ITS NOT!" would they have conclusively disproven your statement?

I heard from someone, somewhere, some time ago that covid is 0.5X as deadly as the common cold...... I guess it's up to you to provide a reliable source to prove me wrong

Girth

I heard from someone, somewhere, some time ago that covid is 0.5X as deadly as the common cold...... I guess it's up to you to provide a reliable source to prove me wrong

I wish you would change your name to Captain Stabbin

captain morgan
+2
If I had one of these, it would be the Stabbin Cabin

Tecumsehsbones

If I had one of these, it would be the Stabbin Cabin

Not the Shaggin' Wagon?

captain morgan
+2
Good point... Let's call it a multi-purpose vehicle

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I dont because this vaccine is coming out of big veterinary. Ever herd of them?

DOn't have much faith in them either. Or maybe it is just BC government meddling again. Once upon a time you could get flea powder at any drugstore and many grocery stores. Now you have to go to the vet and the price is triple.
In a related note turdOWE gave a friendly biomed company a half million grant and bought $150 million worth of useless COVID19 test kits.

taxslave
+1

Good point... Let's call it a multi-purpose vehicle

I hope it is lectrik.

Twin_Moose
+1

DOn't have much faith in them either. Or maybe it is just BC government meddling again. Once upon a time you could get flea powder at any drugstore and many grocery stores. Now you have to go to the vet and the price is triple.
In a related note turdOWE gave a friendly biomed company a half million grant and bought $150 million worth of useless COVID19 test kits.

Then he steered the Provincial stimulus package toward those companies to comply with the COVIDD package policy

captain morgan
+2

I hope it is lectrik.

Only the static electricity that gets generated from the motion against the deep 'n plush shag carpet

Walter
Four Pieces of Terrible News about the Pandemicís Effects
https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...emics-effects/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5VZjT0JE70
Shameful.

Walter
The lockdown has been a catastrophe
A new report estimates that for every three Covid deaths, there were two lockdown deaths.
The Covid pandemic is an extremely serious health challenge. But our response to it has turned it into an unending catastrophe.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...a-catastrophe/

Yep. The lockdown has by an hysterical reaction, no sense to it at all.

Girth
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

The lockdown has been a catastrophe
A new report estimates that for every three Covid deaths, there were two lockdown deaths.
The Covid pandemic is an extremely serious health challenge. But our response to it has turned it into an unending catastrophe.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...a-catastrophe/
Yep. The lockdown has by an hysterical reaction, no sense to it at all.

I see that the UK is not immune to misinformation.

Overall, we rate Spiked Magazine Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that mostly favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a failed a fact check as well as publishing misleading scientific information.

source: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/spiked-magazine/
Last edited by Girth; Aug 17th, 2020 at 04:44 AM..

pgs
+1

I see that the UK is not immune to misinformation.

Overall, we rate Spiked Magazine Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that mostly favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a failed a fact check as well as publishing misleading scientific information.

source: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/spiked-magazine/

Who checks the checkers ? Are they unbiased ?

Walter
+2
It seems that the Wuhan virus’s risks have been grossly exaggerated
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...aggerated.html

Been saying this since day one.

Walter
+1
The Lockdown Has Gone From a Mistake to a Crime
https://townhall.com/columnists/denn...crime-n2575412

Brilliant.

Walter
+2
Stanford expert blasts COVID lockdown failures: 'We quarantined the healthy ... exposed the sick'
Stanford Professor Jay Bhattacharya talks "disastrous decision" of loading COVID patients into nursing homes

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...healthy-and-we

It’s what I’ve been saying since day one.

taxme
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Yup Walter you're an idiot
You want Sweden 10% death rate
Nothing locked down
https://time.com/5817412/sweden-coronavirus/

The only idiots around here are the covidiots that still believe that this convid 19 hoax virus was not a planned scamdemic. Event 201 says and tells us all that this was all just a staged plandemic event. What more do those covidiots out there not get yet and need to try and understand anymore? The whole bloody world has gone into total meltdown where millions of lives and jobs have been fkd up over a virus scamdemic hoax.

As long as we have covidiots running around who keep playing this globalist fake game with their wearing of those face diaper masks on their stupid looking faces and keeping their distance from others this bull shit will continue on forever. We were would have been better off to have just left things alone rather than allowing those dumb ass lying politicians, the lying media and those lying so called health experts who are all in with the scamdemic game plan.

They all know that this is all just total bullshit except most of the buffoons out there who still want to believe that this virus is all for real and still want to live in a state of fear and panic over a hoax scamdemic. It is those aholes that keep this big convid 19 lie alive and well. Wake up you bunch of covid 19 stunned buffoons, you are being taken for a ride where you are not going to like as to where that ride will end. Your old normal lives will be gone forever and end up with a not so nice new normal life if you refuse to wake the phuk up.

Stop being a stupid follower all your life and start acting like a leader for a change against the liars that are trying to destroy all of our lives. The only ones that are benefiting from all of this scamdemic are those billionaires like Gates and Soros and Kissassnger. They are all having a good laugh at your expense, fools. Whatever happened to patriotism in this country? It seems all we have left are wimps and cowards and followers who will do as they are commanded to do without question or challenge by their dear comrade leaders and the media. Those people make me want to puke. Excuse me while I go and puke now, covidiots. LOL.