MSM is your enemy...

B00Mer
+4
#1  Top Rated Post

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/29/us/ge...rnd/index.html

Tecumsehsbones
It was on CNN and in the Washington Post.

Walter
+2
Doesn’t fit the prog agenda.

B00Mer
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

It was on CNN and in the Washington Post.

What a 2 minute blip.. then back to Bad Bad Trump

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

What a 2 minute blip.. then back to Bad Bad Trump

I'd explain but:

1. You wouldn't understand.
2. You wouldn't care.

B00Mer
+1

I'd explain but:
1. You wouldn't understand.
2. You wouldn't care.

Option 2

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Option 2

Of course. You aren't interested in learning.

Yelling and lying are more your speed.

DaSleeper

Serryah
+4
Sadly because everything Trump et al do is more newsworthy.

News like that SHOULD be more on the mainstream, and should be for days.

Twin_Moose
+1
But, but the 2016 election hangs in the balance

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Why?

You do understand, I hope, that the media traditionally minimizes the exposure of children and does not disclose their identities. And the Marshal's Service will quite properly decline to give details of how their investigation until the trial, and even then will conceal "sources and methods" to the extent possible.

So what else is there to report?

I suppose we could turn traumatized children and possibly their families into unwilling performers in a three-ring circus for the edification of Middle America. Or just run the same headline for a couple of months.

Mowich
+4
It's no surprise that Americans don't trust a biased news media

According to a recent joint Gallup and Knight Foundation poll, just about nobody trusts the news media these days.

I realize that this is hardly “breaking news.” A lot of us figured out a long time ago that many journalists had a political ax to grind — and it was a bias that usually went in just one direction. But these latest numbers are pretty bad: 86 percent of Americans say there is either a “fair amount” or a “great deal” of political bias in news coverage. That’s astounding. Nearly nine out of every 10 Americans think journalists slant the news.

Among Republicans, 71 percent have an unfavorable view of the news media, but only 22 percent of Democrats have an unfavorable view. No surprise there. So few Democrats think journalists are biased because Democrats like the news they’re getting from mainstream sources. And why wouldn’t they? Liberal journalists give Democrats the kind of biased news they want.

For example, when Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden picked Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) as his running mate, the New York Times immediately labeled her as a “pragmatic moderate.”

The Times wasn’t alone. The Associated Press and the Los Angeles Times described Harris as “centrist.” On television, ABC’s George Stephanopoulos said that “Kamala Harris comes from the middle-of-the-road, moderate wing of the Democratic Party.”

Maybe Harris is a moderate or a centrist as far as liberal journalists are concerned, but that’s not how a nonpartisan group that tracks congressional legislation sees it. An analysis by GovTrack.us concluded that, in 2019, Harris was the “most liberal” of all 100 U.S. senators, based on the legislation she signed on to.

That means the group found her even more liberal than Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.). Yet, major news media outlets today are calling her “moderate” and “centrist.”

Then there’s the matter of Brian Stelter, host of CNN’s “Reliable Sources” show. Every week on his program, it’s the same song and dance: Bash conservative media and bash Donald Trump.

Recently Stelter put conservative talk radio in his crosshairs. He played audio clips from Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Ben Shapiro and Michael Savage while the words “Vile Anti-Biden Rhetoric On Right-Wing Talk Radio” was shown on the screen. The conservatives had been speculating about Joe Biden’s mental health and his fitness for office.

Then Stelter asked this question of a guest, Errin Haines, editor-at-large of the news site The 19th: “Errin, your view of this: When you see entire media companies essentially exist to tear down Joe Biden, is there an equivalent to that on the left, tearing down Trump?” Haines answered: “There really isn’t.”

Well, actually, there really is. It’s called CNN!

Cornell Law School professor and media critic William A. Jacobson told Fox News that Stelter’s commentary raises a very serious question: “Has Brian Stelter ever watched CNN, which demeans Trump around the clock as a racist, mentally unstable Putin puppet?

Or any of the other major networks that spread Russia collusion conspiracy theories for years, and whose reporters go to White House press conferences for the sole purpose of trying to bait Trump into a reaction so they can get retweets on Twitter?”

Stelter called the verbal shots about Biden’s mental health “mind-boggling,” “offensive” and “so hateful.” But at the outset of the Trump presidency in 2017, the very same Brian Stelter asked these questions on his show: “Is the president of the United States a racist? Is he suffering from some kind of illness? Is he fit for office? And if he is unfit, then what?”

I have long argued that while liberal journalists can spot a conservative a hundred miles away in a dense fog, they’re oblivious when it comes to their own political biases. They don’t even think that their views are liberal; they believe they’re simply reasonable, moderate — middle of the road.

When Jill Abramson, the former executive editor of the New York Times, recently talked to Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner, she made my point, claiming, “Most of the opinion columnists at the Times are centrists.”

Really? What New York Times could she possibly be talking about? In reality, the opinion pages of the Times have become what Mark Finkelstein of the Media Research Center has called a “raging pit of intolerant left-wing activism.”

When I wrote my first book, “Bias,” about a liberal slant to the news, critics said that bias is in the eye of the beholder — meaning, if you think journalists are biased then that means you’re the one who’s really biased.

This is what many of today’s mainstream journalists do: When they’re criticized, they circle the wagons; they refuse to take the blame and, instead, they blame you.

So it’s no surprise that nearly nine out of 10 Americans think journalists have a political bias. But there’s another problem that we should be worried about : Too many journalists are clueless, too.

www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/its-no-surprise-that-americans-dont-trust-a-biased-news-media/ar-BB18y5QG

Serryah

Why?

You do understand, I hope, that the media traditionally minimizes the exposure of children and does not disclose their identities. And the Marshal's Service will quite properly decline to give details of how their investigation until the trial, and even then will conceal "sources and methods" to the extent possible.

So what else is there to report?

I suppose we could turn traumatized children and possibly their families into unwilling performers in a three-ring circus for the edification of Middle America. Or just run the same headline for a couple of months.

How widespread was the reporting? I did hear of it, online, but as I don't have a TV or whatever I don't know if it was a national news thing. If it was then you do have a point; there's only so much that can be reported, so why does it need too much coverage.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

How widespread was the reporting? I did hear of it, online, but as I don't have a TV or whatever I don't know if it was a national news thing. If it was then you do have a point; there's only so much that can be reported, so why does it need too much coverage.

It made CNN and the Washington Post. I suppose somebody could get all butthurt that is wasn't in the Left Buttock, Iowa Times (and undoubtedly somebody will), but it's more important to understand that the rightards' hard-done-by whimpering will persist regardless of reality.

Serryah

It made CNN and the Washington Post. I suppose somebody could get all butthurt that is wasn't in the Left Buttock, Iowa Times (and undoubtedly somebody will), but it's more important to understand that the rightards' hard-done-by whimpering will persist regardless of reality.

I do think maybe it should have gotten more national coverage but again, I don't know how extensive it really was. CNN IS available as a national network so...

The right hates the MSM and wants to get rid of it but if something happens that the right thinks is important, if it's not reported overzealously by the MSM the MSM is evil.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

I do think maybe it should have gotten more national coverage but again, I don't know how extensive it really was. CNN IS available as a national network so...
The right hates the MSM and wants to get rid of it but if something happens that the right thinks is important, if it's not reported overzealously by the MSM the MSM is evil.

The rightards define the "MSM" as "anything that's not Trump TV 24/7." They brag about Fox's viewership whilst still maintaining that it's somehow not "mainstream."

It's all part of their "We're out here ALL ALONE, abandoned by the government, with just 17-year-old morons to protect us, so we need to re-elect the government that abandoned us!"

Yeah, that level of sanity.

petros
+1
How many pizza boxes were in the recycling bin?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

How many pizza boxes were in the recycling bin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y0yt-3EU64

taxslave
+3

Actually very little that Trump does is newsworthy. Except to the propagandists that are still fighting the 2016 election.

B00Mer
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Actually very little that Trump does is newsworthy. Except to the propagandists that are still fighting the 2016 election.

petros
+3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y0yt-3EU64

It's okay Minnie, cuz we all know you're f-cking Goofy.

Jinentonix
+3

The rightards define the "MSM" as "anything that's not Trump TV 24/7." They brag about Fox's viewership whilst still maintaining that it's somehow not "mainstream."

It's all part of their "We're out here ALL ALONE, abandoned by the government, with just 17-year-old morons to protect us, so we need to re-elect the government that abandoned us!"

Yeah, that level of sanity.

No, insanity is blaming Trump for decades of bullshit in Democrat run cities. Insanity is whining about 17 yr olds with guns while pretending that armed takeovers of entire neighbourhoods, or their destruction, is mere "protest".
Insanity is pretending that looting isn't theft if you actually need the stuff you looted. Yep, I can't think of ANYONE who doesn't need Louis Vitton products. No wonder one of their stores was looted.

It's all part of their, "Trump is a racist and this is all his fault. All we have is autonomous zone warlords and zippy heads like the NFAC to protect us, so we not only need to keep electing the same local and state govts that have allowed the cops to get away with their shit for so long, we need to get that same party into the White House".

Yep, because having a Democrat president, even one who was Black, sure fixed all that shit in 8 years didn't it.

Minneapolis-Democrat
Atlanta- Democrat
Seattle-Democrat
Portland-Democrat
Chicago-Democrat
St Louis- Democrat
Kenosha-Democrat
And aside from those cities, here are the ONLY cities from the Western Industrialized World to hold positions on the list of the 50 Most Dangerous Cities in the World:

Detroit-Democrat
New Orleans-Democrat
Baltimore-Democrat
Oakland (until recently)- Democrat
St Louis also made this list and at the rate Chicago is going, it'll be on there soon as well.

And not to put too fine a point on it, but those cities on the list made the list long before Trump showed up. But yeah, the Democrats will put everything right, this time. They promise.

Tecumsehsbones
It's OK. Mousseolini and 17-year-old high-school dropouts will save us from the EEE-vil Democrats and dark people trying to DESTROY AMERICA!

Y'know, you could probably get in on the action. I think having proven that you can't read a calendar qualifies you for Rittenhouse's Rangers.

B00Mer
+2

It's OK. Mousseolini and 17-year-old high-school dropouts will save us from the EEE-vil Democrats and dark people trying to DESTROY AMERICA!
Y'know, you could probably get in on the action. I think having proven that you can't read a calendar qualifies you for Rittenhouse's Rangers.

The 17 year old dropouts are the one rioting in the streets, looting and trying to burn down government buildings with people inside them..

Yes, but we all know your hatred for police.. everyone on this forum knows this.

I would not be surprised if you were one of the protesters.

Like this guy attacking police with a hammer..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7vlKbR3Gcs