That lion is a cougar....

TenPenny
Warning to all young men out there - a frustrated cougar could be a dangerous creature.

(from cbc.ca)

An 11-year-old female lion is being removed from the Magnetic Hill Zoo after sexual tension between her and a young male turned to violence.
Bruce Dougan, general manager of the zoo in Moncton, N.B., said in his 39 years of working with lions he has never seen one lion hate another so intensely.
The lioness, Kito, had become depressed after the death in January of Marshall, the zoo's male lion and her longtime companion. Two cubs Azizi, a male, and Amara, a female were welcomed to the zoo in the spring to keep Kito company.
Dougan said the introduction of the cubs went well at first, but problems emerged as the older female went into heat.
"When she did that she became frustrated with Azizi, who didn't know what his role was in that situation," Dougan said. "He was a very young male, and that frustration turned to anger and then aggression."
Dougan said Kito was given an implant to prevent her from going into heat. But the fury of this female scorned did not evaporate, and she attacked the young male.
"You've certainly heard cats get into it domestic cats. Well, this is times 10," Dougan said.
After a few fights, one resulting in a deep gash to Azizi's back, the two animals were separated by a chain-link fence.
Dougan said the best thing for all the animals is to return Kito to the zoo in Ontario where she was born.
She will leave the Magnetic Hill Zoo later this month.

AnnaG
We have internet and explorers, we don't need zoos anymore. Animal parks are cool, though.

Kreskin
Oh, this is about cougars. I thought it was about cougars.

In Between Man
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

We have internet and explorers, we don't need zoos anymore. Animal parks are cool, though.

I agree whole heartily. I hate zoos and the sociopaths that run them. You can't tell me that a lion enjoys Canadian climate!!!

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Oh, this is about cougars. I thought it was about cougars.

You never been attacked by an old cougar??

Come on.

Yer shytin us, right?