South Dakota handed over to Oglala Souix


Cliffy
#1
Got this in the mail today. Thought I would share it. Don't know how authentic it is. Will look it up.
South Dekota.jpg
 
Cliffy
#2
Sorry, Don't know why it doesn't show.
 
Johnnny
#3
i thought the lakotas were the major group in south dakota?
 
lone wolf
#4
If it's true ... what a cluster****!
 
Cliffy
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

If it's true ... what a cluster****!

Don't know. I went to the Fourwinds10 site and the article has been pulled.
 
lone wolf
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Don't know. I went to the Fourwinds10 site and the article has been pulled.

Damn! I wanted a $300 Ford - F-150 if you please....
 
MHz
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

If it's true ... what a cluster****!

I wonder if they would become one of the States that are exploring the 'right to sucede from the US ?
 
MHz
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Damn! I wanted a $300 Ford - F-150 if you please....

Why would you want a 1972 vehicle? Oh yeah you can still fix it yourself for under $50.
 
EagleSmack
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

I wonder if they would become one of the States that are exploring the 'right to sucede from the US ?

States do not have a right to seceed from the US. A whole bunch tried that once...FAILED.
 
Cliffy
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

I wonder if they would become one of the States that are exploring the 'right to sucede from the US ?

The Lakota Souix already did declare independence a year or so ago. I think they are taking it to the world court.
 
Cliffy
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

States do not have a right to seceed from the US. A whole bunch tried that once...FAILED.

Ya gotta love mob rule and complacency at gun point.
 
EagleSmack
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Ya gotta love mob rule and complacency at gun point.

What mob...nice neat lines of Blue and Gray...and that is how it was settled.
 
EagleSmack
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

The Lakota Souix already did declare independence a year or so ago. I think they are taking it to the world court.

Really?

So the Sioux will go to the world court and maybe the World Court will say...

"Yes...South Dakota belongs to you"

and the Sioux reps will come back with a cool little document and people from South Dakota will live as they always had under the red, white and blue.
 
Cliffy
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

What mob...nice neat lines of Blue and Gray...and that is how it was settled.

The line was Red and running in blood. Very civilized!
 
EagleSmack
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Got this in the mail today. Thought I would share it. Don't know how authentic it is. Will look it up.
Attachment 1258

You do know that this is satire don't you?

Glossy News is like The Onion

Quote:

Washington DC (GlossyNews) On Friday, in a late business wrap up, the US Congress gave back the state of South Dakota to the Oglala Sioux Tribe. Reports have surfaced that an obscure bill, which was suppose to cede a 100 acre parcel of land in South Dakota back to the Oglala Sioux, had a small typographic error in the official copy which, accidentally, ceded the entire state of South Dakota back to the Oglala Sioux.



You bought that Cliff?
 
EagleSmack
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

The line was Red and running in blood. Very civilized!

That's how we roll baby!

Look at all the National Parks we got from it.

Do you have any other great news stories for us today?
 
EagleSmack
#17
A little about the author of the article...

Quote:

Reverend Mike - who has written 15 posts on GlossyNews.com.
@rev_rend Reverend Mike is a contributing editor for Glossy News. He was a Combat Chaplain with the Soviet Red Army in the 1980s. A career which he describes as an 'unappreciated field of endeavor'. He later worked as an Information Officer with the TASS News Agency on assignment in White Sands, NM. The collapse of the Soviet Union left him unemployed and homeless. He survived by selling magazine subscriptions door to door disguised as a college coed. He was later kidnapped and take to Shanghai where he was sold into a white slavery ring. He lived as a concubine for a Japanese music industry mogul until 2002 when a wardrobe malfunction revealed his true identity. He found himself homeless and unemployed again, with only his collection of Polaroid snap shots. Reverend Mike has since scraped together a meagre living by blackmailing Japanese industrialists. Reverend Mike lives in a small 5 bedroom penthouse flat overlooking Central Park in New York City.
His hobbies include exotic motorcycles, supermodels and owning small nations....



Always a pleasure Cliff.... Always a pleasure
 
#juan
#18
Hey, maybe it did happen:

Google Image Result for http://ideaboomer.com/images/lakota-sioux-map.gif
 
Cliffy
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

You do know that this is satire don't you?

Glossy News is like The Onion



You bought that Cliff?

Do you see anywhere that I say I bought it? Do they teach you that arrogance in the Marines?
 
EagleSmack
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Do you see anywhere that I say I bought it?


Op= Cliffy

Thread title- South Dakota handed over to Oglala Souix

I didn't see you refute it? How did that research go?

Quote:

Do they teach you that arrogance in the Marines?

Heck no... I got that when I took my first breath of USA air.
 
MHz
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Heck no... I got that when I took my first breath of USA air.

Detroit or Pittsburgh?
 
EagleSmack
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Detroit or Pittsburgh?

Boston
 
MHz
#23
The air is bad there too? Wow.
 
EagleSmack
#24
Who said anything of the air being bad?
 
MHz
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Who said anything of the air being bad?

You did.
"Quote:
Do they teach you that arrogance in the Marines?
Heck no... I got that when I took my first breath of USA air."
 
EagleSmack
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

You did.

"Quote:

Do they teach you that arrogance in the Marines?


Heck no... I got that when I took my first breath of USA air."

But I did not say the air was bad.
 
MHz
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

But I did not say the air was bad.

My mistake, I though bad air in bad air out.
 
Cliffy
#28
Fun dialogue, kiddies but I suppose we should get back on topic. Russel Means is not only a great actor (loved him in Last of the Mohegans) but a highly articulate spokes person for his people. After what happened at Wounded Knee in 1972, I am surprised it took so long for the Lakota to stop recognizing all the bogus treaties the US imposed on them and then reneged on.
 
EagleSmack
#29
Don't you folks have your own First Nation issues? Perhaps you should tend to your own nation first.
 
ironsides
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

I wonder if they would become one of the States that are exploring the 'right to sucede from the US ?

Watcha trying to do Cupcake? Name one STATE that is exploring the "'right to secede from the US". Do not say Vermont, because the State is not looking into it.

Gee, by golly, I hope the following statement is not true, if it is how backward can Canada be towards its First Nations people? Took ya long enough to try and catch up.


"The only citizens in Canada who did not have full access to basic, fundamental human rights under the Canadian Human Rights Act until June 2008 were First Nations citizens.

Section 67 of the Canadian Human Rights Act shielded INAC and band councils from decisions they made against band members. In other words, they were allowed to DISCRIMINATE against First Nations people.

CAP launched a campaign to repeal section 67 so that First Nations people would have access to human rights equal to other Canadians.

Canadian Human Rights Commission :: Resources :: Publications :: Reports
Last edited by ironsides; Jan 19th, 2010 at 05:36 PM..
 

Similar Threads

14
are you left-handed
by w1ndy | Aug 31st, 2008
10
60
For the left handed....
by Twila | Jul 20th, 2005
23
McDonalds new Left handed burger
by peapod | Apr 26th, 2005