Global warming makes Antarctic ice hit record levels

thomaska
Perhaps the arctic is melting because of lib hot air or maybe heat from Al Gore's jets and houses...

While the news focus has been on the lowest ice extent since satellite monitoring began in 1979 for the Arctic, the Southern Hemisphere (Antarctica) has quietly set a new record for most ice extent since 1979.
This can be seen on this graphic from this University of Illinois site The Cryosphere Today, which updated snow and ice extent for both hemispheres daily. The Southern Hemispheric areal coverage is the highest in the satellite record, just beating out 1995, 2001, 2005 and 2006. Since 1979, the trend has been up for the total Antarctic ice extent.
http://icecap.us/index.php/go/joes-b...tal_ice_extent

Walter
Fewer people live in the Southern Hemisphere so obviously there would be less AGW.

#juan
May 27, 2005

Antarctic Ice: A Global Warming Snow Job?

Filed under: Polar, Antarctic, Glaciers/Sea Ice, Sea Level Rise ó
Climate scientists have long suspected that warming the oceans around a very cold continent is likely to dramatically increase snowfall. Consider Antarctica. Itís plenty chilly, dozens of degrees below freezing, and itís surrounded by water. The warmer the water, the greater the evaporation from its surface, and, obviously, the more moisture it contributes to the local atmosphere.
So, when this moisture gets swirled up by a common cyclone, do you think itís going to fall as rain in Antarctica?
A recent study, no shocker to real climatologists (but perhaps to climate doomsayers), demonstrates this simple physics. It appears in the latest SciencExpress, and it shows that the vast majority of the Antarctic landmass is rapidly gaining ice and snow cover.

Obviously this moisture comes from the sea. And, being deposited in solid form on the land-way-down-under, this lowers the earthís sea level.

http://tinyurl.com/bycv3

DaSleeper
One more for the show.....

petros
How much have those seas risen so far?

DaSleeper
A little tibit portraying a pro global warming internet debater

YouTube - Global Warming and the state of my mind

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

How much have those seas risen so far?

Exactly. As one who lives by the ocean I have made the following observations.

The same spots on the beach that I used to play in as a child are still there.

The seas have not risen.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Exactly. As one who lives by the ocean I have made the following observations.

The same spots on the beach that I used to play in as a child are still there.

The seas have not risen.

One of the best winters for snowmobiling since I was a teen.

EagleSmack

One of the best winters for snowmobiling since I was a teen.

I have not seen as much snow accumulation in my life. By accumulation I mean it did not melt. That means temps were so cold that the snow has been covering the ground since December. Unheard of.

petros
+1
Is the sea rising or is the land sinking?

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I have not seen as much snow accumulation in my life. By accumulation I mean it did not melt. That means temps were so cold that the snow has been covering the ground since December. Unheard of.

The past decade has been normal for snowfalls with this year peaking. Just like it always has and the droughts have come and gone like they always have.

EagleSmack

Is the sea rising or is the land sinking?

The past decade has been normal for snowfalls with this year peaking. Just like it always has and the droughts have come and gone like they always have.

Yes indeed. And my kids bundled up nice and warm to wait for the school bus on those bitter cold mornings.

Just like I used to at their age.

petros
Just wait until spring for the floods. There is a damn good reason land on a flood plain is cheap and available.

mentalfloss
For the belligerents in this thread:

petros
Are those flying fish?

Do they pay offsets and plant kelp?

mentalfloss
You should read the book and find out.

petros
Another book that says we eat too much meat, too many popcorn farts and we drive too much?

No more burgers and corn at the drive-in then I guess?

mentalfloss
No, it's a dissection of the multiple strains of science from a skeptical thinker with three PhDs.

Avro
If the models are correct and they have been so far Antarctica will see a massive reduction in ice very soon.

The signs are already there.

DaSleeper
YouTube - Hitler Rant about Global Warming

mentalfloss
Your video failed to play.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Your video failed to play.

Watch it online excuses excuses....all I get are excuses

YouTube - Dennis Miller Global Warming.mpg

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

If the models are correct and they have been so far Antarctica will see a massive reduction in ice very soon.

Yeah especially with summer just around the corner right?

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

No, it's a dissection of the multiple strains of science from a skeptical thinker with three PhDs.

Wow. Another successful DeVry graduate.

DaSleeper

Yeah especially with summer just around the corner right?

Wow. Another successful DeVry graduate.

Which one of them two could this winner be

YouTube - Global Warming - our contest winner!

mentalfloss
You guys are too much, lol

petros
Quote:

Bunny hopping around in my back yard on fire.......

Ever seen a jack rabbit in a crabapple tree eat the remainding fruit because the snow is too deep to forage?

Colpy
+1

Walter
Holy crap there's a lot o' ice down there!

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

Another prediction failure.

Oh Avro you banned tard.

damngrumpy
+2
#29  Top Rated Post
The only thing that really grows and warms up is the coffers of the we are doomed crowd.
The whole thing is not about the global warming or cooling its about sounding the silent
alarm which says we need more money. The governments have caved in to the groups
promoting the ills of the world and they are saving use don't you know?
The companies have joined the doom Sayers cause they can sell you a knew friendly fridge,
car, air conditioner and more more. Everything is green. What they don't tell you is the
energy they are burning to produce the new environmentally friendly products
Every time I hear the green crowd complaining it makes me want to leave my truck running for
half an hour.

B00Mer

Oh this heat just makes me so lazy...