Will the sheep re-elect McLiberals again?

Locutus
Have Ontario residents smartened-up yet?

Are they still easily pacified by the lying fiberals?

Is the McGuilty fan club as dumb as ever?

Voters, please share your thoughts.

lone wolf
The only difference between voters and politicians is voters become saints AFTER the fateful day.

Wolf

Gonzo
Well, I havenít forgotten Mike Harris and the Conservatives, so the Liberals will get my vote.
I love how conservatives try to sway voters by republican, juvenile tactics like calling liberals "fiberals". It's what lunatics like Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly do. "Fiberals? You mean liberals lie?" What politician hasn't? They're all lawyers! Thatís what lawyers do! We just have to choose between the lesser of two evils, and when conservatives are in power it's much worse then liberals. When the conservatives are in there's always teachers strikes, cuts to social services, and nursing strikes. I don't want the nightmare of a con government again.

tamarin
Neither contending party deserves your vote but if you're going to vote you have to vote for someone. Well, I wonder who.... McGuinty doesn't deserve a second term and Tory is a bit of a flake and opportunist. Hope we get some real alternatives!

lone wolf
Really, did Rae get a fair shake? Having never been in the position, NDP couldn't know who REALLY pulls the strings. Rae's promises prior to election were largely dependent on transfer payments that somehow went awry. Now, they're wiser.

No vote is acceptance by default and if you don't vote, you have no right to bi*ch. I do so value my right to complain. If anything, a spoiled ballot is still a statement.

Wolf

DaSleeper
If they had a box that said "None of the above" it would get my X right now...

Cobalt_Kid
Maybe the Conservatives can run on a "Really common sense revolution" in Ontario. You know, one where thousands don't get sick from tainted water because of government cutbacks or years of labor strife.

lone wolf
I just barely survived Harris' peculiar version of Common Sense - a "War on Poverty" that involved attacks on the disabled. If I really believed Tory practiced Davis Conservatism, I wouldn't feel threatened. Some things, you just don't forget....

Wolf

http://journals.aol.com/lone56wolf/i-should-have..../

Cobalt_Kid
It's always hard for those with the most to have compassion for those with the least, it's quite sad really.

annabattler
No matter who you vote for,make sure to support the
electoral reform
question.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Cobalt_Kid View Post

Maybe the Conservatives can run on a "Really common sense revolution" in Ontario. You know, one where thousands don't get sick from tainted water because of government cutbacks or years of labor strife.

People got sick and died because the Koebel brothers, who were in charge of the water supply, were drunk.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

Well, I havenít forgotten Mike Harris and the Conservatives,

Me either, that's why I'll be voting Conservative again.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

If I really believed Tory practiced Davis Conservatism, I wouldn't feel threatened.

I hope he's not a Davis clone. Davis is really a Liberal.

Niflmir
Quote: Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

Well, I havenít forgotten Mike Harris and the Conservatives, so the Liberals will get my vote.

This sentence emphasises the shortcomings of our democracy: our ability to hold politicians accountable is only reactionary. Mike Harris is probably laughing the way to the bank every day at the moment. What does he care if he screwed the Conservatives over for a few elections, he got what he wanted.

We really need a better way to hold our politicians accountable for their legislation. If there wasn't a party that wanted to do just this, I wouldn't vote, out of sheer disgust at the near pointlessness of it.

tamarin
Davis was a liberal. The daffy old duck is still around and being groomed to put his waders into education again. He messed it up thoroughly as Tory chief and the old bugger is virtually canonized. He needs to stay home and enjoy his prunes.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

I think you should go and suck thoughtfully on some raw eggs.

Those of us not completely brain dead remember the debacle of Mike (the downloader) Harris, and federally, Lyin Brian Mulroo........jobs jobs jobs.....................except for union members, nurses, teachers,

And now we have the wunderkind..........steve........in a minority situation thank whasshisname.........Who has given us........dead soldiers!!! Nice one.

Yepper, I'll NOT be votin for Cons any time soon.

Didn't say who for, just NOT FOR Cons.........

Now call me a commie and we'll go to Wreck Beach any time ya want.

ALL POLITICIANS ARE LYIN ARSEHOLES. WAKE UP!!!

(and quit insultin the good folks on CC)

N'Ugg.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

People got sick and died because the Koebel brothers, who were in charge of the water supply, were drunk.

That was the end result for sure. What ENABLED them to work like that...................????

Lack of control????????............nah.

Lack of funds???????????.........nah.

Lack of the Harrisites givin a sh!t..........nah.

Compasionate conservatism at its' best.

You can do better than that Walter.

Wellllllllllllllll

Nuggler

I hope he's not a Davis clone. Davis is really a Liberal.

And as such, was a helluva good Conservative.

Come on Walter. You can do better than that.

..............uh........probably.

One sentence put downs are really impressive.

(that flag means we are supposed to look out for one another, now down on one another)

lone wolf

Weren't waterworks one of those things Harris downloaded on the municipality? Seems to me I recall Harris spindoctors paying off potential witnesses around Walkerton.

Wolf

Twila
Wouldn't voting for ANY politician be a form of insanity? If the diagnosis is: Committing the same act over and over again expecting different results.

Has there ever been a politician who's done what he said he'd do BEFORE being voted in?

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

Wouldn't voting for ANY politician be a form of insanity? If the diagnosis is: Committing the same act over and over again expecting different results.

Has there ever been a politician who's done what he said he'd do BEFORE being voted in?

Thing is: If you don't vote, they take your silence as acceptance. AND if you don't vote, you have no right to bi*ch. No vote is apathy. A spoiled ballot is still a statement. Mickey Mouse for Prez!

Wolf

Nuggler

Good one Twila.

I like the promises of 1435 million dollars to be spent on .........(you name it).........over the next 20 years.........knowing full well they won't be there to do it.

God we love being treated like defectives.

lone wolf

Yeah ... Harris promised a War on Poverty. We just didn't know it would be a take-no-prisoners type battle...

Wolf

Canucklehead
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Yeah ... Harris promised a War on Poverty. We just didn't know it would be a take-no-prisoners type battle...

Wolf

Let's not forget the manufactured education crisis which was masterminded by.... a high school dropout

Trex
Some of the logic here confuses me.

.................................................. .................................................. ........
That was the end result for sure. What ENABLED them to work like that...................????

Lack of control????????............nah.

Lack of funds???????????.........nah.

Lack of the Harrisites givin a sh!t..........nah.

Compasionate conservatism at its' best.

You can do better than that Walter.

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

So your saying that because a conservative gov was in power that caused two workers to become useless, drunken incompetents?
Boy, now THAT is holding your Gov accountable.......or what?
.................................................. .................................................. ...........

And now we have the wunderkind..........steve........in a minority situation thank whasshisname.........Who has given us........dead soldiers!!! Nice one.

.................................................. ..............................

S0....like I heard........... that the troops in Afghanistan were fufilling a UN mandated comittment.
and like........the Liberal Party of Canada both negotiated that comittment AND sent the troops there.
Errrrrrrrrrr......... but its the Conservative fault.
Boy, now that is holding the Gov of the day accountable.........or what?

Remember folks if you dont vote dont bitch.
If you dont fill out a ballot the for all intents and purposes you do not exist.....to the politicians and their flunkies.
Spoil a ballot, vote for a whacko, vote from the heart or vote from your brain, whatever just get the hell out there and vote.

Locutus
McSquinty is still too creepy:

not to mention a scary lyin' sunufabiatch.

Anybody else deserves a chance from the remaining clowns. My vote goes for the guy that has a ton of business and management experience...John Tory.
Last edited by Locutus; Sep 16th, 2007 at 03:27 AM..

lone wolf
You need somebody in there who can run a home. Ontario ain't a business and that's where government gets it all wrong....

Wolf
Last edited by lone wolf; Sep 16th, 2007 at 08:13 AM..Reason: add.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Trex View Post

Some of the logic here confuses me.

.................................................. .................................................. ........

They were hired by the town of Walkerton and were solely responsible to the town council. Nepotism at its finest.

lone wolf

They were hired by the town of Walkerton and were solely responsible to the town council. Nepotism at its finest.

What you don't seem to want to accept is Harris downloaded the weight of Ontario services - highways, waterworks, social, education - onto municipalities who could ill afford them yet expected all to be maintained at a level equal to that which the Province required. What could municipalities do but cut corners wherever possible? You cannot run a government like a business. It is not a profit making situation when there are people who live beneath that bottom line.

Wolf
Last edited by lone wolf; Sep 15th, 2007 at 08:36 PM..Reason: typo

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Well it's official you know sqaut about ontario's politics....
Hapton is a non starter...he hasn't said or done anything of consequence since he was made ...what ever he is suppossed to be...Wall flower comes to mind....

and the con man that worked for mulroney..in fact was mulroney everything mulroney did besides make himself rich off the bloated board of directors he got humself on after selling us to the american corporations....
yeay john tory ..a man for the people....barf!!!!

do you realize when Brian quit..he imediatyl was put on 8 board of directors in the USA at a 250 grand a pop gig per....and he only had to show for 3 meetings a year......
Now you tell me how the hell did he land those gigs?
John tory...the guy that made it possible through spin.....