Zap electric car - 644 H.P. - coming soon

Karlin
"We should have electric cars by now, come on" - Mark Madriga, weather man for Global TV.

And we should. And we DID.... The ones featured in "Who Killed the Electric Car" were using old technology, and they were CHERISHED by the drivers before Ford and GM took them away to be crushed.

The electric car has been kept from the public, possibly because less oil would be sold to turn into gasoline. The wealthy elites love the fossil fuel energy industry, and they seem to have the political clout to make it continue no matter what the consequences to the rest of us and the planet.

This new electric car will blow the doors off most cars, with it's 644 hp. The motors are reverse-core style, one in each wheel. This will out accellerate a Lambourghini due to the engineering, due to the wheel motors giving full power immeditely. Its a total rush to drive I bet.

It will cost about 2 cents per mile to operate, compared to gasoline cars at 10 or 20 cents per mile.

We could have saved so much money and health effects and global warming by now - no maintentnace, they will last longer, no pollution - if we had been "allowed" to buy electric cars 10 years ago.

Zap-X electric car - coming soon!!
http://www.zapworld.com/ZAPWorld.aspx?id=4560

Other Zap cars:
http://www.zapworld.com/

new trends in the green transportation -
http://www.straightgoods.ca/ViewConsForum7.cfm?REF=24

#juan
The ZAP sounds great but I will reserve my comment till I do a bit of research. A lot of the claims go against the current thinking in the field.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by Karlin View Post

no pollution

What does it run on that creates no pollution? Where are you getting pollution free electricity? 'Cause I want some.

Unforgiven
Rather than pollution free, we should consider less pollution in searching for alternatives to oil. Most things pollute but when you reduce the amount of pollution that a car for example gives off, added to the pollution that it causes in making the car, you have an over all reduction. Though it's still going to cause some pollution in making it, a car that doesn't pollute or pollutes less, is the important point.

Those EVO1s didn't need much of anything in parts like oil filters or stuff either. I understand the after market is where huge money is made.

lone wolf
Wonder what a puddle does to those rotor motors?....

Wolf

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Wonder what a puddle does to those rotor motors?....

Wolf

Nothing. You can easily insulate electrical from water. There are some new boat ideas coming out now that have a cat run at 7.5 knots from only solar power running an electric motor.

#juan
From the link

Recharge in 10 minutes: Any battery that will get a car that size to go 350 miles will need at least 30 kWh of storage capacity. Recharge in 10 minutes is 1/6 of an hour. 30kWh divided by 1/6 hour is 180 kW. That's how much power it would take to recharge the batter. 180 kW ! At 240V, that's 750 Amps ! Which is about 8 times more current than you can normally get supplied to your house. The wires from the pole to your house would each need to be about an inch across.

9000 cycles. The best batteries top out around 1500 cycles. And you wont get that by charging the batteries at 750 amps.

0-60 in 4.8 seconds and 155 mph will not allow you to get 350 mile range.

Notice the fine print: performance, technology and equipment subject to change.

Lithium batteries are not biodegradeable.

Solar glass doesn't mean diddley. You can't collect enough energy on that small surface area to do anything useful... especially when it's cloudy.

wheel motors make the wheels really heavy.......High unsprung weight....... which makes the suspension really rough.

I sincerely hope people aren't suckered into investing by this garbage.

lone wolf
How much do you want to bet petrobucks are already invested so they can kill advancement on this idea too?

Wolf

#juan

How much do you want to bet petrobucks are already invested so they can kill advancement on this idea too?

Wolf

What is going to kill this car is the outlandish claims of impossible performance that are being made. It would be great if they were possible but they aren't.

karrie

Wolf

Why exactly? Petro has hit the point where it doesn't need to worry about competition... frankly, it NEEDS competition. If we have indeed hit peak oil as so many suspect, or are nearing it, then for oil companies to keep making money, they need us to lay off a bit. They'll still have a solid market for their product in the manufacturing phase (plastics don't build themselves ya know).

Smart business is looking for alternatives now.

lone wolf
"Why exactly?"... The same kind of greed that allows pump prices to rise on existing and delivered product the very moment shyte happens somewhere in the world where crude has yet to be sucked from the ground - and because they can.

Wolf

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

What is going to kill this car is the outlandish claims of impossible performance that are being made. It would be great if they were possible but they aren't.

In terms of today's known technology, I have to agree. Technology ain't forever though. Think about it..... Vacuum tubes, transistors, microchips.... Vegetable polymers are being developed as we speak. Low drain circuitry and superconductors aren't Star Trek stuff any more. Technology to step up microvoltage to something that can power those four wheel rotors isn't really that far off. Long has it existed with coils and capacitors that can step up 12 volts of DC battery power to something that will knock the biggest of guys right on their butts if they piddle on an electric fence or short out a spark plug. Thing is, how will it stand up to road shock and corrosion?

typingrandomstuff
Cool. Last step: government's step to renewable energy resource and the development of that techonology. Tum dum dum. Time proves everything (if you live long enough).

Corrosion: Just tougher materials. Road shock, hum. Lighting rods ring a bell? Or maybe something like better items with tougher build? Consider Ford's ideas on the basic build of cars? Yay! High performance!

Gilgamesh
Good points all.

BTW what the f*ck do I need 640BHP for?