No, the CFC is NOT secure.....although I doubt your gun magazine ad has anything to do with it.
One of the individuals responsible for the CFC's massive computer program went public (after he left gov't employ) about how easily the system could be hacked...........
The CFC is a colossal waste of time and money.....in my experience they have:
!. Given me completely incorrect information on the transport of prohibited weapons, which resulted in my transporting them in a completely illegal fashion, which could have earned me a MANDATORY two years in jail had I been caught before I realized their mistake.
2. Called me up asking me the whereabouts of a pistol registered to me.........that I had disposed of AT LEAST 20 years before.......so some poor bugger has that gun, and it is NOT registered to him (although he thinks it is).....see ya in a MANDATORY five years.
3. Failed to record the new registration of a rifle I inherited, leaving me in possession without a registration until I corrected the problem.
4. Sent me "permanent" firearms ID number tags (for old guns I registered that had no serial number) along with information that it was a serious offense to remove same once afixed.........their wonderful adhesive didn't work.....I cleaned and degreased the rifle, applied the tag, and it FELL OFF before I got the gun back in the gun safe, leaving me once again criminally liable.
That's the Federal folks......the provincial guys have
1. Taken 6 months to issue me a Authorization to Transport weapons in my capacity as trainer.....and the ATT listed the WRONG ranges......
2. Issued me a permit to transport all my handguns to Halifax..........when what I applied for was an ATT to transport two new inherited handguns from Halifax to Saint John.......
Little wonder I have little use for the Firearms Act.