Somebody Please Help The Blonde

selfactivated
I want to tape a dvd onto a vhs tape. Im attaching my set up and how its sitting. I cant make it work. Am I missing any wires? The DVD played doesnt work without the RF Modulator. Im getting fustrated.
Attached Images
tv setup.jpg (32.3 KB, 22 views )

darkbeaver
Do you have a d53 modufier? You don't have anything plugged into the vhs

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Do you have a d53 modufier? You don't have anything plugged into the vhs

Nope thats it. Is there a way to reconfigere the wires I have? Or am I going to have to buy something?

darkbeaver
Don't know Self.

selfactivated
Thanks anyway Love

#juan
Would that be a movie DVD? You could be running into copy protection. The guy to ask would be Durka Durka.

selfactivated
Durka did a read but didnt post........thanks for the warning.

eh1eh
You need to have a cable going to the VCR from your modulator thingy, I guess the box beside the DVD. The VCR should have an input that says cable in or antenna in, then you can put the VCR on channel 3 or 4 to see what is on the DVD, Good luck.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

You need to have a cable going to the VCR from your modulator thingy, I guess the box beside the DVD. The VCR should have an input that says cable in or antenna in, then you can put the VCR on channel 3 or 4 to see what is on the DVD, Good luck.

The DVD works. Im trying to run a DVD and tape it on a vhs tape. lol I prolly need another cord. I'll run over to staples tomorrow.

Daemoen
Self:
Right now, looking at your image, you are not connecting to the vcr. Your RCA cables go from your DVD - > modulator, from your modulator it looks like youre feeding -> tv. But I cant see any cables going to the VCR itself from that picture.

A typical working setup would be:

On DVD using RCA (RWY tipped cables)
RWY OUT -> Modulator IN of same color, Modulator OUT to VCR IN same thing.

Now, I did notice that your VCR is monoral (means it only recieves single audio channel, usually LEFT) instead of stereo (dual channel, Left and Right). If you want the full quality, when you go from the Modulator OUT, use the COAX connection (thats the one that is silver and screws on ).

If you are willing, take a bigger picture of each of the items back sides individually, and I am sure myself or someone else can tell you exactly what you need.

Now, the other thing to consider is that you may run into data encryption causing problems when you go to record it. I dont know what type of dvd you are recording, so couldnt tell you until after you have the setup configured first .

selfactivated
great......your an Angel.........give me an hour to wake up lol Its a self help tape thaty wont play in the UK and Im passining it around in my book circle.

Daemoen
You may run into a problem depending on what type of DVD player you have.

DVDs are region encoded for specific areas of the world. You might first want to verify that your player will read it . I don't know if you have already tested that. Even if the dvd works in one device doesnt mean it will in another in this case. All depends on the device itself and the encoding on the disc. Lets verify your dvd player can read the encoding and go from there

* gets an interesting idea * Or better yet, do you have a DVD writer? I know darned well im going to get flamed the hell out of for this, but if you do, I can also show you how to remove that region encoding, and burn the dvd region free (so it works in ANY dvd player)..... which would also make it possible to copy the dvd for your group.

selfactivated
All my stuff is old. OK one step at a time. gimme 5 Ill post the pics

selfactivated
Hows this?

And to clear up any legal or site offencable problems I have some self help and history channel and pbs shows I want to sent over seas to a few friends. The disk is encoded for all world regions
Attached Images
dvd.JPG (31.7 KB, 5 views )
modulatotor.JPG (23.6 KB, 5 views )
vcr.JPG (34.0 KB, 5 views )

Daemoen
Ok, here is the setup you will need, and what it will require.

1 Pair RCA cables.
2 Coax Cables

DVD Out to modulator IN- Use the rca cables, you already have this
Modulator out to VCR IN - Use coax cable #1
VCR out to TV IN - Use coax cable #2

Now I do realize that you have your vcr connected to the tv already. so that part is fine . Now just do the cable between the modulator and vcr itself and youre golden. Also if you have cable/satellite, you can add that to the chain as well so you dont have to do device swapping. If you need further description/help, let me know.

DurkaDurka
Daemoen gave you some pretty sounds advice, not much I could add to it. I take it your TV doesn't have native RCA inputs?

Daemoen
She mentioned that her setup is all older, and from the brief view I could get of it, im betting its a single rca connection. The only device I see thats got moderately new component standards is the DVD player. VCR is mono, TV is most likely single input rca with select for cable or antenna for channel programming, etc.

selfactivated
PERFECT! I just need a coax cable

Yeah the TV was 20 bucks and the VHS was 10 The DVD was a gift LOL I dont have cable I get 3 stations (4 when Im lucky) But I was gifted some really great History Chanel shows I want to pass on.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by Daemoen View Post

She mentioned that her setup is all older, and from the brief view I could get of it, im betting its a single rca connection. The only device I see thats got moderately new component standards is the DVD player. VCR is mono, TV is most likely single input rca with select for cable or antenna for channel programming, etc.

Your my new best friend LOL Im really not all that dumb, I knew it had to stairstep one into the other, I just could not for the life of me see it in my head how.
Last edited by selfactivated; Mar 6th, 2007 at 03:24 PM..

selfactivated
Im sorry that was rude of me......Thank You so much for your help

Namaste
Tam

Daemoen
Eh, tis silly to be offended by someone saying they arent dumb when you assist them. It just means that perhaps your assistance came off stronger than intended. Since you declared in another post that it didnt work out, im working on coming up with another solution... but it might take a bit

selfactivated
Johnny seems to think its the vhs but im going to try one more thing. Adding another rca cord and step it one to the other. Im headed to the thrift store to find one in a bit.

If you think of anything else be my guest to chime in Youve been a Doll thank you so much

L Gilbert
Tam, just curious, but you don't know someone who has a setup for copying dvd to vhs? Just thinking you could take a look at how they have theirs set up.

selfactivated
Theirs only 2 real people in town I know. Johhny and Kris. Johnny bought a y splitter thinking that was it last night. I'll ask Kris about his setup at 3 after I call him, he's at work.

L Gilbert
Oh. Perhaps an AV store with a demo set up to do it?

Could try gadget and geek forums, too.

selfactivated
We'll prolly hit circuit city on the way home , Ive made a diagram.