Convert to Wahabbism now lest you die infidel pigs


bulldog
#1
This article is a very fine example of why some people call me a bigot. You people. Not my people. I am always particularly concerned with the women's rights portion of any political movement or issue. Can we concentrate on that one area in this article and not get side-tracked?

When we come to power, we will decree that no women shall be allowed to go to school or work. Education is useless to women, because it is God's will that their duty in life is to stay at home and raise children. As for women working, we have mentioned before that their only work in the eyes of God shall be to be good homemakers. Women should not leave their homes, except only when it is absolutely necessary. When they do leave their homes, women should be enveloped from head to toe in a black garment, so as to shield them from the eyes of other men. This is the only way to avoid temptation, lust and sinful living. When outside the house, women should be accompanied at all times by a male relative and should not speak to unrelated men. Once again, this is to avoid sin.

Sheikh Usama ibn Akhmed is a professor of wahabbism at Drexel University and the president of Wahabbism Now for America

URL: http://www.thetriangle.org/media/pap...s-650640.shtml

Bull Dog
 
Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker
#2
Yeah so pheckin' what...fanaticism and zealotry is not an exclusively right-wing American concept you know...

How about Christian fundies wanting to preach ID in public schools...how is that any different?
 
peapod
#3
You gots alot of nerve posting on wahabbism when your prez has his head up the saudi royality ass!!! Last time I looked the dominant faith in saudi arabia was wahabbism...so typical Hypocrites!!!
 
Hard-Luck Henry
#4
God - Our Father/Lord/He/Him/The Son's Mum was a virgin, natch. No sexist angle there, then. I'm sure there's more, but the bible is so badly written, I can't be arsed trawling through it.

"How oft when thou my musike musike playst,
Upon that blessed wood whose motion sounds
With thy sweet fingers when thou gently swayst,
The wiry concord that mine eare confounds,
Do I envie those Iackes that nimble leape,
To kisse the tender inward of thy hand,
Whilst my poore lips which should that harvest reape,
At the woods bouldnes by thee blushing stand.
To be so tikled they would change their state,
And situation with those dancing chips,
Ore whome th[y] fingers walke with gentle gate,
Making dead wood more blest then living lips,
Since savsie Iackes so happy are in this,
Give them th[y] fingers, me thy lips to kisse."

I bet God wishes he'd dreamt up that line.
 
stunyank31
#5
SO?? Maybe the way they live works for them. Maybe there is a reason for men keeping their women covered? Maybe their marriages last longer? Maybe its easier when people know their place. Im not into their beliefs per say, but I certainly dont want to cause a freaking war over how they dress, or dont go in public without a male relative. If more people just minded their own business, less people would die in wars that are CAUSED by people who dont mind their own business.
 
bulldog
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by stunyank31

SO?? Maybe the way they live works for them. Maybe there is a reason for men keeping their women covered? Maybe their marriages last longer? Maybe its easier when people know their place. Im not into their beliefs per say, but I certainly dont want to cause a freaking war over how they dress, or dont go in public without a male relative. If more people just minded their own business, less people would die in wars that are CAUSED by people who dont mind their own business.

Well, Americans say the reason the Iranians cover their women is that they are so damned ugly. But that shouldn't be the reason.
Have you ever heard men say, "I'd do her, but I'd have to put a paper bag over her head?" I have.

Women should have the option to dress however they wish. I fervently feel these women should know that this is not the norm, globally speaking. Canadian women have this right. Do they not?

Also, women should be able to leave their home whenever they like, drive, go to college, and have careers if they chose.
Why not? Why not?

It is more than a war over the way women dress. These women are virtual slaves. Use that word, believe that word, and I can get you on my side. They cannot do as they please, and they are at the mercy of their "masters." According to what you say, the Americans should have be allowed to keep their slaves.

If there ever was a bigot on this board it's you: Maybe its easier when people know their place. Excuse me?

I want the women to be aware of other options without fear. I so deeply feel this is a matter of women's rights, and the ME needs to be kicked out of the 12th century into the 21st. Don't talk to me about "Maybe its easier when people know their place."

Bull Dog
 
bulldog
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hard-Luck Henry

God - Our Father/Lord/He/Him/The Son's Mum was a virgin, natch. No sexist angle there, then. I'm sure there's more, but the bible is so badly written, I can't be arsed trawling through it.

"How oft when thou my musike musike playst,
Upon that blessed wood whose motion sounds
With thy sweet fingers when thou gently swayst,
The wiry concord that mine eare confounds,
Do I envie those Iackes that nimble leape,
To kisse the tender inward of thy hand,
Whilst my poore lips which should that harvest reape,
At the woods bouldnes by thee blushing stand.
To be so tikled they would change their state,
And situation with those dancing chips,
Ore whome th[y] fingers walke with gentle gate,
Making dead wood more blest then living lips,
Since savsie Iackes so happy are in this,
Give them th[y] fingers, me thy lips to kisse."

I bet God wishes he'd dreamt up that line.

I am not impressed. Bronx cheer!!!

Bull Dog
 
bulldog
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

Yeah so pheckin' what...fanaticism and zealotry is not an exclusively right-wing American concept you know...

How about Christian fundies wanting to preach ID in public schools...how is that any different?

What is ID? It means identification to me.

Bull Dog
 
no1important
#9
Intelligant Design
 
Hard-Luck Henry
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by bulldog


I am not impressed. Bronx cheer!!!

Bull Dog

Like I care.
 
TenPenny
#11
Well, Bulldog, here's what I think.

Since most of us disagree with this statement, then it would be our mission to not elect a Wahabbi government, then wouldn't it?

After all, if you don't agree with the NDP, then you don't vote for them, correct?

In essence, I ask: What's your freakin' point?
 
Just the Facts
Free Thinker
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

Yeah so pheckin' what...fanaticism and zealotry is not an exclusively right-wing American concept you know...

How about Christian fundies wanting to preach ID in public schools...how is that any different?

Hmmm... the enslavement of entire nations of women vs. a topic in science class. Yup, it's the same.
 
Just the Facts
Free Thinker
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

You gots alot of nerve posting on wahabbism when your prez has his head up the saudi royality ass!!! Last time I looked the dominant faith in saudi arabia was wahabbism...so typical Hypocrites!!!

I agree with you Pea. But we in Canada buy Saudi oil too. Where's the petition and the boycott - I'm %100 behind you!
 
peapod
#14
Well the difference here is I not sticking my head up my leaders ass and ranting about what a great guy he is, and at the same time ranting about the people he is in bed with.
 
PoisonPete2
#15
I take it this thread is about Wahabbism in Saudi Arabia?
I take that you would be quite willing to bomb 10s of thousands of these oppressed woman in order to free them? Twisted logic and displaced values. Work on America first for it is a very repressive society. With 65 million people having no access to medical care. Lack of school funds for poor areas. Widespread poverty and huge numbers of poor (mostly black people) in prison for non-violent crimes.

to paraphrase god 'lift the log from your own eye before you pluck a splinter from mine'.
 
Just the Facts
Free Thinker
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

Well the difference here is I not sticking my head up my leaders ass and ranting about what a great guy he is, and at the same time ranting about the people he is in bed with.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is here. I know you're not saying that slavery is OK as long as we don't associate with the enslavers.

Anyway, came across an interesting relevant article by Ayaan Hirsi Ali - she's the Dutch MP that wrote the script for the movie that Theo Van Gogh was murdered over (which inspired the painting in my avatar - it's Dutch for "Thou Shalt Not Kill")

It seems strange to associate the context of Canada with that of Iraq, but a closer look at the arguments used to reassure the demonstrating women in both countries reveals the similar ordeals that Muslim women in both countries must go through to secure their rights. It shows how their legitimate and serious worries are trivialized, and how vulnerable and alone they are.

Sort of like, I don't know, being compared to a topic in science class.

She goes on to say:

It shows how the Free World led by the U.S. went to war in Iraq, allegedly to bring liberty to Iraqis, and is compromising the basic rights of women in order to meet a random date. It shows how the theory of multiculturalism in Western liberal democracies is working against women in ethnic and religious minorities with misogynist practices. It shows the tenacity of many imams, mullahs and self-made Muslim radicals to subjugate women in the name of God. Most of all, it shows how many of those who consider themselves liberal or left-wing see their energy levels rise when it comes to Bush-bashing, but lose their voice when women's rights are threatened by religious obscurantism.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editor...l?id=110007112
 
peapod
#17
Just facts, I am not defending wahabbism nor do I agree with it, especially since I have and live a life of complete freedom. What I do not like is bulldog being offended by it on one hand, and on the other hand praising bush in other threads as a great leader. Wahabbism is evil, but bush and his government are okay...and its okay for bush and government to be in bed with the saudi government, a country who's main faith is wahabbism. Perhaps bulldog should make his/her/others distain known to president bush and co..

And someone who says, as bulldog has that women cover their heads because their are ugly....well I am thinking along the lines of fecking asshole...or maybe just a pathetic attempt at trolling and trying to incite.
 
PoisonPete2
#18
[quote="Just the Facts"][quote="peapod"]

It seems strange to associate the context of Canada with that of Iraq, but a closer look at the arguments used to reassure the demonstrating women in both countries reveals the similar ordeals that Muslim women in both countries must go through to secure their rights. It shows how their legitimate and serious worries are trivialized, and how vulnerable and alone they are.
threatened by religious obscurantism. [/i]

answer - musselmen women have been given refugee status in Canada to avoid cliterectemy as well as arranged marriage. Now there is talk of allowing expansion of Sharia (sic) law in Canada, but with the proviso that it be voluntary. Before the Americans started their invasions of Iraq, the country was an advancing secular society with women in the workplace. Canada is not doing all it can to bring immigrant peoples into the political fold and perhaps overreaches with their 'multiculturalism' to allow cultural ghettoing. Hell, I feel politically alienated in this country because of our sell out to the U.S.
 
missile
Conservative
#19
I guarantee you that I will fight to my last drop of blood to keep our women dressing any way that they want.
 
Just the Facts
Free Thinker
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

And someone who says, as bulldog has that women cover their heads because their are ugly....

I think if you look carefully you'll see that Bulldog wasn't really saying that.

I certainly don't believe that disagreeing with a person's political slant absolves them of a right to hold an opinion on any other issue. Whether someone supports Bush or Kerry, Martin or Harper, has absolutely no bearing on their views regarding world politics. That would be like denying EI benefits to anyone who didn't vote NDP, or firing all Bay St. execs who didn't vote conservative.
 
missile
Conservative
#21
What guarantees are there that this won't return to Iraq,after the US pulls all the troops out? I'm betting that within a few years ,everything will revert to it's former state.
 
Just the Facts
Free Thinker
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by PoisonPete2

Canada is not doing all it can to bring immigrant peoples into the political fold

My Mother would cut you down into little pieces if she heard you say that!

My parents were immigrants in an era when there was no - read ZERO - "reaching out". The social programs we have today my parents couldn't even fantasize about in their day. Free English classes - are you kidding me!! That would have been a dream come true. Now we not only have free english classes, but entire multicultural centres where people can come to learn computer skills, job hunting skills, take advantage of reference libraries and experts to consult with. It's incredible the services we have available for immigrants today. My parents will go out of their way to point out to you that they had nothing - and yet...they managed to integrate into the political fold and avoid being ghettoized. With no government help. Huh! They must have been amazing people, my parents.
 
PoisonPete2
#23
[quote="Just the Facts"]
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

Whether someone supports Bush or Kerry, Martin or Harper, has absolutely no bearing on their views regarding world politics. That would be like denying EI benefits to anyone who didn't vote NDP, or firing all Bay St. execs who didn't vote conservative.

answer - very convoluted logic. It is just such support that colours personal views regarding world politics. Some folk don't want to see Muslim women repressed by the Wahabbists because they want them repressed by the Bush fascists.
 
Just the Facts
Free Thinker
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

What guarantees are there that this won't return to Iraq,after the US pulls all the troops out? I'm betting that within a few years ,everything will revert to it's former state.

You're probably right. Life does not come with guarantees.
 
Just the Facts
Free Thinker
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by PoisonPete2

answer - very convoluted logic. It is just such support that colours personal views regarding world politics.

OK maybe I could have phrased it better - I'm not a professional author or journalist. I think you know what I mean though. If not I'll try and come up with a clearer explanation of my point.


Quote: Originally Posted by PoisonPete2

Some folk don't want to see Muslim women repressed by the Wahabbists because they want them repressed by the Bush fascists.


Convoluted logic vs. nonsense. I'll go with convoluted logic.
 
PoisonPete2
#26
[quote="Just the Facts"]
Quote: Originally Posted by PoisonPete2

Canada is not doing all it can to bring immigrant peoples into the political fold

My Mother would cut you down into little pieces if she heard you say that!

answer - don't you dare threaten me with your mother. I have my own mother-in-law.
We have too many immigrants in this country who go into ethnic ghettos and have no further contact with the greater society. They don't learn the languages, and vote according to their community leaders. They bring their ethnic hatreds and continue to war against their 'old world' enemies. They work in sweatshops or do piecework at home for illegally low wages. They are very exploited and the Canadian government turns a blind eye. Do a little background research before you rant. Maybe you should ask your mother.
 
Just the Facts
Free Thinker
#27
[quote="PoisonPete2"]
Quote: Originally Posted by Just the Facts

Quote: Originally Posted by PoisonPete2

Canada is not doing all it can to bring immigrant peoples into the political fold

My Mother would cut you down into little pieces if she heard you say that!

answer - don't you dare threaten me with your mother. I have my own mother-in-law.



OK fair enough.

Quote:

We have too many immigrants in this country who go into ethnic ghettos and have no further contact with the greater society. They don't learn the languages, and vote according to their community leaders. They bring their ethnic hatreds and continue to war against their 'old world' enemies.

And why is that? Is that my fault? Your fault? The governments fault? Should we be giving new immigrants our houses? Should we hand over our paycheques to them? Mow their lawns? Do their cooking?

Do immigrants not have any responsibility?

When someone is allowed to immigrate to Canada, the only guarantee they get is opportunity. If someone is being discriminated against because of race or ethnicity - that is wrong and we have laws to deal with that. But no one - NO ONE - is entitled to a free ride. And no one - NO ONE - gets to blame you or me when they don't get one.

Quote:

They work in sweatshops or do piecework at home for illegally low wages. They are very exploited and the Canadian government turns a blind eye. Do a little background research before you rant. Maybe you should ask your mother.

My mother worked in a sweatshop and my father did piecework for low wages - only he didn't get to stay at home - he actually had to catch a bus and do piece work for low wages off site. That's all the background research I need. If you know of someone being exploited - blow the whistle - it's illegal. As you said yourself - "illegally low wages". The government is only as blind as the people. File a complaint.
 
Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Just the Facts

Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

Yeah so pheckin' what...fanaticism and zealotry is not an exclusively right-wing American concept you know...

How about Christian fundies wanting to preach ID in public schools...how is that any different?

Hmmm... the enslavement of entire nations of women vs. a topic in science class. Yup, it's the same.

You're partly right JTF, even though you're too inane to understand why.

As it seems you are incapable of following even the simplest of correllations put forth, I will explain my position further.

Religious fanaticism in all its forms are a blight upon this Earth. How can you condemn one, without condemning another, because it's happening in your own back yard, and/or is something you happen to agree with?

Wahhabism is certainly appalling to those of us who have known Western style freedoms, but so too are many of the "faith-based initiatives" that are being introduced in the US.

Enslavement of women? Perhaps, but need I remind you that this is their religious ideology, and that they believe that their way is the only way to true paradise. So it is to their religion they are enslaved, for if there was not that, they would not willingly remain in that condition. Christians are no less enslaved to their own traditions, and they've just been lucky that enslavement of women is not part of their doctrine.

Now here's the part that I agree with you on: the example I gave has distinct differences, in that Wahhabism has been around for centuries, and due to it's puritanical doctrine, and strict adherence to the tenets of the Quran, societally, things have not changed much since the 18th century, and nor will they without a massive blood-letting, which is maybe what Christians would like to see happen.

However, the push for intelligent design to be taught in the class rooms of America is a recent event, and will adversely affect society in that it children will be far more stupid for having learned this tripe.

Both though are examples of how damaging religious fundamentalism is to the societies where it is prevalent. Get it?

It seems that, in addition to all the other goals of globalisation, those that espouse the globalists ideals wish to transform this planet into a Christians only club, with absolutely no regard for those that do not embrace Christianity.

One religion to rule them all...
 
Twila
#29
Quote:

Christians are no less enslaved to their own traditions, and they've just been lucky that enslavement of women is not part of their doctrine.

You should have added "currently" at the end of this sentence. Not so long ago women were not as fortunate in the christian world as they are now......
 
Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

Quote:

Christians are no less enslaved to their own traditions, and they've just been lucky that enslavement of women is not part of their doctrine.

You should have added "currently" at the end of this sentence. Not so long ago women were not as fortunate in the christian world as they are now......

You are, of course, correct Twila...thank you...
 

Similar Threads

34
Need help to convert...
by rufus | Sep 12th, 2009
60
Convert or Die
by RomSpaceKnight | Jan 3rd, 2007
34
Brother Infidel Castro?
by Kreskin | Aug 4th, 2006