Seriously, you just couldn’t make this up.


B00Mer
+7
#1  Top Rated Post
Seriously, you just couldn’t make this up.
A diesel generator for a car charging point.


 
MHz
+3
#2
US or Canada, sometimes you can't tell which nation is stupider. Do they leave it idling between uses?
 
Jinentonix
+3
#3
Even better. I've seen an EV run out of juice on the road and had an ICE powered truck recharging it with diesel generator

It is pretty sad when basics like music, headlights, windshield wipers and heat affect your "fuel" mileage in an EV. What an amazing technology. God forbid you ever try running a/c in one.
 
pgs
+2
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Even better. I've seen an EV run out of juice on the road and had an ICE powered truck recharging it with diesel generator

It is pretty sad when basics like music, headlights, windshield wipers and heat affect your "fuel" mileage in an EV. What an amazing technology. God forbid you ever try running a/c in one.

You would need the a/c today .
 
Jinentonix
+4
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

You would need the a/c today .

As I've said repeatedly, EVs would be great in the city for those short drives. The cleaner air wouldn't hurt any. But you're pretty much screwed if you have any wanderlust. I just don't get why hybrids weren't good enough.
 
Danbones
#6
There is no such thing in reality as "liebarrel" education.

...as opposed to a conservative religious education of course.



I'm sure gawd made electrons, I wonder if these dumbies know they are white...like light.


What If Dark Matter Doesn't Exist and the Law of Gravity Is Wrong?
https://curiosity.com/topics/what-if...ong-curiosity/

Dark Matter and Dark Energy Don’t Exist. New Theory Says the Universe Works Without Them
https://bigthink.com/philip-perry/da...s-without-them

I mean taxes go up but they don't come down.
Last edited by Danbones; Aug 4th, 2019 at 05:09 AM..
 
B00Mer
+2
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

As I've said repeatedly, EVs would be great in the city for those short drives. The cleaner air wouldn't hurt any. But you're pretty much screwed if you have any wanderlust. I just don't get why hybrids weren't good enough.

Hydrogen vehicles are the future.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

You would need the a/c today .

Not here..yesterday..I almost had to start the furnace


Globul warming...... Baah!
 
B00Mer
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Not here..yesterday..I almost had to start the furnace
Globul warming...... Baah!

Blame AOC, she's out farting cows..

 
Jarmo
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Blame AOC, she's out farting cows..

A heart of humorous.
 
taxslave
+2
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

As I've said repeatedly, EVs would be great in the city for those short drives. The cleaner air wouldn't hurt any. But you're pretty much screwed if you have any wanderlust. I just don't get why hybrids weren't good enough.

The problem is with charging. The electrical distribution system simply does not have the capacity for every house on the block to be charging at the same time.
 
taxslave
+2
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Hydrogen vehicles are the future.

My bet as well. GM is building hydrogen multi use carriers for the Army. Unfortunately the hydrogen busses we had proved to be high maintenance. CNG ones seem to be working.
 
B00Mer
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

My bet as well. GM is building hydrogen multi use carriers for the Army. Unfortunately the hydrogen busses we had proved to be high maintenance. CNG ones seem to be working.


https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big...p-hydrogen-car

https://www.hydrogencarsnow.com/inde...hynor-project/
 
taxslave
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big...p-hydrogen-car
https://www.hydrogencarsnow.com/inde...hynor-project/

So basically EVs are big in Norway because of government financial incentives, not because they are any good.
 

Similar Threads

0
Too Bad He Couldn't Make It Rain..
by tay | Nov 12th, 2016
4
And they said it couldn't be done...
by #juan | Oct 28th, 2006