Is Social Media making us Stupider

Cannuck
Too long and boring to read

Murphy

So, you hate Trump? You want him gone? You hate everything he stands for? Nice tattoo!

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

So, you hate Trump? You want him gone? You hate everything he stands for? Nice tattoo!

Gawd, that looks like it was burned on there with a soldering iron!

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Gawd, that looks like it was burned on there with a soldering iron!

All tattoos look like that for the first day or so.

petros
That's not a tattoo.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

That's not a tattoo.

Is it a brand?

petros
Edited photos are new to you?

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Edited photos are new to you?

Is that what you do to your livestock, now?

petros
+1

Cannuck

Is that what you do to your livestock, now?

You mean his wife's daddy's livestock?

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

You mean his wife's daddy's livestock?

Oh. I see.

Mucks out the stalls.

Danbones
...and, you got tossed did ya?

That's OK, there's other BARns in this town where you can get another drink!

petros
Grain

Johnnny
+1
Its everywhere.

For example every News site when they have an article now has a solid portion of that column dedicated to quoting twitter. The things that are said on those sites are funny but they're hardly news worthy. Try and stay away from those sites.

Touch
So far good internet chat but about 5 or 10 years it's clearly not belong around people.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Touch View Post

So far good internet chat but about 5 or 10 years it's clearly not belong around people.

First Second Neutral Park Reverse.

Touch

First Second Neutral Park Reverse.

This sentence means particularly well.
But barely not better than internet chat.
Internet chat is my delicate.
But I want mobile and television in the future.

spilledthebeer

This sentence means particularly well.
But barely not better than internet chat.
Internet chat is my delicate.
But I want mobile and television in the future.

Oh poor LIE-berals- after the Trump election pollsters were asked how they got it so wrong and they said it was THE PHONES! Most of the people who have land lines are OLDER! The younger people have cell phones and caller id and call blocking to reduce random charges from telemarketers and etc- so pollsters now have limited access to real public moods and trends and they MUST go to places like twitter seeking public opinion- this of course opens the doors to manipulation by Russian bots and by political activists with multiple accounts being used to PRETEND there is wide support for one thing or other-for the benefit of thre selfish and hostile!

Cdn Civil service union Hogs and Cdn political leaders with their media staff hired at OUR expense to "communicate" with the public- meaning brain wash them- LIE-berals are LEADERS in this manipulation of public media

Dixie Cup
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

A bit of a conspiracy theory here from my part so here i go.

What do you guys think about the possibility of subliminal messaging on social media?

For example a government or corporation comes out with a new written report, whether it be a policy change or a quarterly update. They spend a lot of money on the cover page and fancy wording in the body of the report while the real details are in the footnotes. Fancy wording like passing off revenue as profits for example, which are then clarified in footnotes.

We all know that the majority of people don't read the footnotes in what they read, heck even im guilty of that sometimes. Like who wants to flip to the back of the book or a report for clarification...

Its of my opinion that social media is like the cover page of the report i mentioned and that the footnotes are the research you have to do on your own which is a similar process to flipping to the back of a book for the footnotes.

So people constantly get bombarded by these "cover pages" online and in the end everyone has the same opinion about a topic, because how can a person with a 1000+ followers be wrong. Then subsequently people see that a majority believe this persons opinion and then copy that opinion into their own.

And next thing you know everyone is following the leader.

I dunno, maybe i'm wrong.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

JMHO

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

JMHO

Subliminal messaging....from LIE-berals? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! They aint smart enough! They just BUY what they need and tell us we should be grateful they are looking after us so well! Consider:

Here is yet another article illustrating the scope of fake news produced by LIE-berals. With some comments of my own in brackets):

Even as Canada’s economy booms, prices are barely rising

Econ-o-metric: Inflation is slowly rising, but probably not enough for the Bank of Canada to hike interest rates again. The bank’s message: be patient

Kevin Carmichael. October 20, 2017

A rare sighting in Canada today: inflation. The Consumer Price Index rose 1.6 per cent in September from a year earlier, the most since the spring, Statistics Canada reported.

A handful of other price measures that the central bank uses to guide its policy decisions also crawled higher, but probably not enough to prompt a third consecutive interest-rate increase next week. A separate StatsCan report showed that retail sales dropped in August, adding to evidence that economic growth slowed in the third quarter.

Why the latest price data matter. CPI is like the Bank of Canada’s dartboard.

The central bank’s main job is to keep inflation advancing at an annual rate of about two per cent. That sounds easy, but it’s not. Policymakers and economists around the world are puzzled that inflation has remained weak despite years of ultra-low interest rates and recent evidence of strong economic growth. Canada’s economy has been doing extremely well for more than a year, yet inflation only now is showing signs of life.

(Apparently economists are ignoring certain issues such as the rise of contract work and the frozen wages and reduced hours of so many workers in the private sector. IN addition economists are being very careful of the easily hurt sensibilities of govt workers who are the drivers of inflation! Consider these govt inflation creators: Our water rates going up 4-5 percent per year because civil service Hogs have taken all the tax revenue as entitlements while totally failing to repair ANY of our infrastructure! Hogs have treated our money as their own and grossly neglected their responsibilities with the result that we are desperately short of pubic transit and our roads, bridges, water systems and affordable housing all need MAJOR emergency repairs! And it does not help that LIE-berals have persistently purchased Hog votes using IOU`s that we do not have the money to pay!)

Inflation is a difficult variable to assess because it means different things to different people.

Some worry that the recent strength of Canada’s economy is a mirage. If you are one of those people, you might like the latest price figures because they suggest the central bank can safely leave its benchmark interest rate unchanged at 2 per cent for a while: 1.6 per cent is still some distance from 2 per cent.

(Those who worry about our economy DO SEE CLEARLY!)

Other people worry that years of ridiculously low borrowing costs have created asset-price bubbles. If you are one of those people, you also might like the latest inflation report because it contains hints that prices are beginning to rise, which would give the central bank reason to (finally) push interest rates back to a more normal setting. The central bank must anticipate where prices are headed: if it waits until CPI touches 2 per cent, it may lose its grip on inflation.

(Govt routinely tells us fake news about economic matters. It was LIE-beral Jean Chretien who altered the standard for full time employment to make our economy look better- it was once considered full time employment if you worked 40 hours peer week at a decent wage but thanks to LIE-berals we are now considered fully employed if we work 28 hours per week at crap wages!)

The headline CPI is the Bank of Canada’s target, but just as a target shooter must adjust for the elements, the central bank is guided by measures of inflation that smooth the influence of volatile prices such as gasoline and food. Policymakers keep an eye on three indicators of “core” inflation. Bay Street economists tend to average the three numbers to create a proxy of how much pressure the central bank might be feeling to adjust borrowing costs. That average has been creeping higher for the past couple of months.

Or you might be a normal person who cares about how much spare cash he or she has left at the end of each month. And if you are a such a person, you probably noticed that you had a little less walking-around money in September. The price of gasoline surged 14.1 per cent from a year earlier, compared with an 8.6 per cent annual increase in August. The cost of food jumped 1.4 per cent, the biggest year-over-year gain since July 2016. The cost of shelter also increased.

(The devil is in the LIE-beral details! Gas prices re higher than a year ago but are much lower than the $1.40 per litre of a few years back! In addition- much of the recent price jump is related to the carbon tax scam implemented by LIE-berals pretending that their scam will clean the air when- as proven by the scandal ridden European carbon scam the LIE-berals carefully copied- the carbon crap and trade scam only cleans wallets and leaves the dirt in the air! In addition- both food and clothing prices are quite easily manipulated by currency traders- which explains why I can buy frozen fish at $2.88 per lb in Jan/2018 but had to pay over $6.00 per lb in December 2017! Chinese and others are highly skilled at manipulating currency values and exchange rates for all manner of goods.)

(IN another example- I witnessed a chat between a clothing retailer and a clothing wholesaler in which an array of brand name goods, knock off counterfeits and some quite obscure brands were on offer. When questioned about paperwork- import stamps from customs, receipts for tax purposes and relevant company names; the answer re paper work of any sort was “it depends how much you want to pay”- meaning do you want the clothing legally at FULL price or the ILLEGAL but CHEAPER stuff that border security has not traced or counted!)

(In another example, owners of one of the largest construction companies in Ontari-owe routinely offer their union employees weekend work for cash under the table and one has to assume their customers are aware of and encouraging the practice of avoiding LIE-beral tax greed- having ALL that cash going through one account would be a red flag but having the customers each finding their own way to dig up cash spreads the risk to distant offices and limits the exposure of that contractor! Business is doing what it must- including bending or breaking the law to keep producing a profit and govt is NOT keeping up! It was about 15 years ago that National Geographic Magazine told us that over 80 percent of the Italian economy operated completely beyond the reach or regulations of govt! And the revelations of the Cdn “Paradise Papers” is a further illustration of the scope of tax evasion at the highest levels!)

Those increases hurt more than they might have in the past, because wages only recently have started to increase in line with the pace of inflation.

One of the great debates in economics currently is why inflation is so weak. Bank of Canada Governor Stephen Poloz is unsure what all the fuss is about.

The rebound from the financial crisis was slower than anyone expected, but Poloz told a few journalists in Washington last weekend that the business cycle is working as it always has. After a downturn, there comes a stage where “demand starts creating its own supply,” as companies expand to keep up with orders and take advantage of new opportunities. The extra capacity, whether through retooled factories or a larger pool of job seekers, puts downward pressure on inflation. Poloz reckons Canada is in that phase now.

“While that’s happening, wages don’t move much, inflation doesn’t move much, it’s all good,” Poloz said. “One of the things that I’m often puzzled about is how many folks are writing about how inflation is missing in action and all of that. That’s exactly what happens at this stage of the cycle. It is pushed out further, and that’s a good thing.”

(I am going to suggest that Poloz is being deliberately foolish! Poloz knows better than I that each year our economy produces a pot of money called GDP- and each year that pot is divvied up- with the share being offered to ordinary people SHRINKING steadily! How can our big banks keep posting new record profits unless they are always grabbing a LARGER portion of our income? LIE-berals have turned our electrical system into a MASSIVE SLUSH FUND they can dip onto to buy civil service Hog votes- AND they refuse to let the public look at the dirt in those electricity account books! Poloz and others do not want to tell us how much of GDP is now Hogged up by special interest groups!)

The main reason to watch inflation at the moment is for clues on when the Bank of Canada will next raise interest rates, a decision Poloz says will be based on a month-by-month assessment of the latest data. There is a spark in the price figures, but no flame. The central bank will announce its next interest-rate decision on Oct. 25. With inflation tame, expect policymakers to leave rates unchanged. Inflation is coming, but it’s not here yet.

(The LIE-beral govt definition of “inflation” needs to be watched carefully! For instance, Ontari-owe has just mandated a 20 percent minimum wage increase that is very likely to generate higher prices in the entire retail and hotel and entertainment sectors of our economy since so many minimum wage earners are concentrated there. Will govt refer to this wage increase and resulting upward pressure on all sorts of retail prices as “inflation”? Or call it what it is- legal govt robbery of businesses?)

(And will they use that definition as excuse to raise interest rates in aid of various social engineering scams that LIE-berals have in mind- Such as forcing us out of cars we can no longer afford and onto already overloaded transit. Lie-berals want us to smoke and drink less and if we are heavily taxed then we cannot afford these vices. LIE-berals are aware that travelling by airplane is the most carbon heavy way to travel and the less money we have the less we will travel! Tax us heavily and we will be compelled to turn down our home thermostats and use less costly energy. Make heating costs soar with carbon taxes and we can be suckered into desperate and very costly retrofitting of older buildings with more insulation. LIE-berals are systematically enacting legislation that will channel ALL our money in directions chosen by LIE-berals for THEIR CONVENIENCE- and NOT for our benefit! And will LIE-berals call this scheme what it is- cynical manipulation of our economy with the intent to BUY votes for the coming June 2018 Ontari-owe election or will they call it good inflation that proves our economy is “booming” and allows them to PRETEND they are good money managers?)

Touch
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

JMHO

You're a best mother fukker.

spilledthebeer

You're a best mother fukker.

Social media is NO| influence on intelligence! IT DOES give liars and propaganda meisters the chance to ABUSE a public forum by spreading their LIES! It also gives the rest of us a chance to expose duplicity! Consider this example of LIE-beral double talk:

I saw Heritage Minister Melanie Joly talking about “Islamophobia on Youtube and it is clear she is being a typical LIE-beral- deliberately DUCKING the truth! She insists that Muslims are being singled out for fear and discrimination in Canada and she attempts to link Muslims with Gays and other groups. She also makes irrelevant reference to Misogyny and alleged hostility to women as well.

BY LIE-beral definition I am an Islamophobe but my legitimate fear exposes the ill-logic of LIE-berals. I have no fear that Gay people will force me to adopt their life style. The Gay people I have met-including a couple of relatives in that camp- simply want to be left alone. They have no intention of jailing me or calling me an infidel and killing me because I do not subscribe to their life style.

It’s the same deal generally with Black people. They may discreetly laugh at my dance moves but I will not be facing jail time for busting a move on a dance floor- as in breaking it so badly it is beyond repair! I can dance poorly and refuse to listen to rap music without any legal repercussions.

I can say OY VEY, those LIE-berals are meshugina and the worst that will happen is some Jews may frown or quietly snicker a bit. I can even laugh at the odd Kosher Jewish dietary laws that dictate that dishes that come in contact with certain substances such as shellfish must be buried in the back yard for a week to ritually cleanse these utensils- and nobody will shoot me.

But NONE of this applies to Muslims and Islam! Firstly- if I publicly worry about the cost of uncontrolled Muslim immigration to Canada- bringing in tens of thousands of Muslims bringing their language problems that limit their ability to make a living; or if I worry about Muslim religious values which put them at odds with the civil rights of women; or if I fuss over the known hatred Muslims have for Jewish Cdns as well as for any other Cdn who does not acknowledge Islam as supreme; then I may face legal repercussions from LIE-berals using “Islamophobia libel chill” and threats of legal action from our Human Rights but to often Wrong Kangaroo Court- which is staffed by carefully selected LIE-berals and which DOES NOT have to follow conventional rules of evidence- it is enough for them that somebody has hurt feelings- for me to be convicted.

In fact, if I complain in any serious way about LIE-beral immigration policy- I may face a LIE-beral Kangaroo Court intent on silencing me- regardless of the validity of my position- simply because I do not agree with LIE-beral policy on immigration issues.

If I publicly denounce Islam as a dangerous ideology that is sponsoring terror around the world- I may face that LIE-beral Kangaroo Court- with the added bonus that if I say too much too often about Islam, I may also find myself on the wrong end of an assault rifle like the people at Charlie Ebdo in Paris and like those murdered Danish cartoonists.

LIE-berals insist we are irrational to fear Sharia Law- which Muslims HAVE STATED they intend to implement here just as soon as they have the necessary votes. And how dangerous IS Sharia Law? There was a MONTH of rioting, with people killed and wounded, in Pakistan after their Justice Minister forgot to properly thank Allah during a speech! Many protestors demanded that the Minister resign or be fired and many expected him to face prison time for being “disrespectful” of Allah!

LIE-berals INSIST we have nothing to fear from Islam- so why are they working so hard to convince us we better shut up about it NOW- or face criminal charges? Sounds to me like Islam MUST BE DANGEROUS if LIE-beral feel obligated to work so damned hard to order us to like it!

Islam seems to be dangerous to me- and the LIE-berals who are threatening us with legal action for disputing their many failed policies are DEFINITELY DANGEROUS!

DaSleeper

Murphy
This is for Cliffy, and all his "special" friends.

Murphy
They are using social media more these days.

spilledthebeer

They are using social media more these days.

Yes Murphy- YOU WOULD KNOW!

And here is an old article that illustrates the poisoned heart of all LIE-beral policy!

Christina Blizzard, Toronto Sun Queen's Park Columnist first published the column listed below on Tuesday, March 01, 2016 : and her post was titled: Middle class students lose out on budget. I do hope Ms. Blizzard does not mind me reprinting her wise word along with some commentary of my own- with my comments appearing in brackets):

(I have said all along that if Justin Trudope was elected prime minister, that he would perform a magic trick for us.....and he would make all our jobs and money disappear in a cloud of bad debt. What I did not count on was that Ontari-owe premier McWynnty would join in with such idiot enthusiasm to help Justin with that magic bankruptcy trick! I warned that all those foolish civil service union Hogs who put the Lie-berals into power in Queens Park and in Ottawa in desperate hope of earning MORE GRAVY and filling out their lists of ENDLESS entitlements are going to be cruelly disappointed by Lie-beral money management!)

Blizzard wrote: Ontario Finance Minister Charles Sousa, delivers the Ontario 2016 budget next to Premier Kathleen Wynne, on Thursday, February 25, 2016.
Finance Minister Charles Sousa’s budget last week was a masterpiece of double-talk.

The big shiny bauble that caught everyone’s attention was the “free” tuition provision. Students whose parents make less than $50,000 will get their university and college education paid for by taxpayers.

Thanks to eagle-eyed accountant Don Carson, who helped us dissect the budget, the Toronto Sun reported this isn’t so much an education giveaway as a tax grab on the middle class. More affluent parents will lose big-time tax credits now in place.

While die-hard Liberal shills are contorting themselves into pretzels suggesting this is a wonderful and free all-you-can-eat education buffet, the numbers speak for themselves. There’s no new money for student assistance in the budget. In fact, there’s less.

It’s income redistribution: Give to low-income earners; take from the middle class.

Colleges and Universities Minister Reza Moridi acknowledged Tuesday the middle class tax credits are disappearing.

“What we’ve done is basically use our imaginations to restructure the whole system,” he told me.

“Affluent people are not going to get tax credits, but in the meantime, students coming from low-income families will have access to post-secondary education.”

Ministry officials told Carson in the budget lockup that the Ontario Student Grant (OSG) will disappear for families that earn at least $170,000. While that sounds like a high income, it’s two people making $85,000 each.

“Such families would incur higher after-tax costs for their child’s education, even though their families are already paying a disproportionate share of the province’s taxes,” Carson told me.

Premier Kathleen Wynne and Sousa keep insisting all students will be better off. The question is, how?

The middle class is just another revenue tool to be tapped in the name of creating a “fairer” tax system.

Shockingly, Sousa’s budget appears to be more a work in progress. Last week, the “free” tuition wasn’t tied to tuition hikes. Now it is. Last week, Sousa said the deductible on seniors’ drugs would increase for those making more than $19,301, and means testing would be introduced to programs. Wynne backed away from that Tuesday.

Which one is it? Don’t you need to know to balance the books?

“Free” tuition reminds me of student welfare in the 1990s, when young people found they could move out of their parents’ middle-class home, claim independence — and the government paid them social assistance to do so.

My fearless prediction is that unscrupulous middle-class families with incomes above $50,000 will suddenly discover deep rifts with their children as they approach university age. The kids will move out — and suddenly become eligible for “free” tuition.

And that’s fine with the government.

“In exceptional cases like that, we will consider those,” Moridi said.

“The idea is to help the students who need the assistance the most, so whether they come from low-income families or they come from families where they have some family problems, or whatever reason students need to leave home, they’ll get assistance from the government.”

This isn’t a budget so much as it is social engineering. Wynne’s run out of cash so there’s no new money for anything — they’re just moving it around. Tinkering with the drug plan, Sousa would have you believe you’re “rich” at $19,301 a year for a single senior.

Only a Liberal apologist could argue this budget isn’t a shakedown of the middle class.

( I argue that Lie-beral policy is to create an appearance of great activity and industry while actually not doing anything to ease our crippling debt loads-in fact Lie-berals are greatly increasing our fiscal burdens as they seek to BUY friends in critical voting areas. Lie-berals ONLY CARE about keeping power by feeding the gullible fools of Working Family their own money in dribbles-just enough to keep them voting Lie-beral!)

(I say Justin Trudope, the Boy with nice hair- for brains-has given civil service Hogs a 1.5 % tax break im exchange for their massive support in the recent election and he then killed off the tax breaks for their kids tuition as Ms. Blizzard has detailed! And provincial Lie-berals have made No mention of freezing or limiting tuition hikes that will hit Hog parents even harder. Trudope has ended income splitting that Hogs often counted on to reduce tax loads and has thus far not spoken a word about entitlements or raises in salary. Trudope has overloaded the country with job and house and income and medical attention needing Syrian refugees that will require billions of dollars to train and integrate into Cdn society and who will also need to be watched by costly security forces to ensure they don’t get all `jihadist`on us and it all costs money that Hogs wanted for themselves! And now CANNOT GET AT!)

(I say: now, in an effort to defuse the anger of ordinary people who DON’T get most of their income from govt; and who represent the TRUE majority in this country- we have premier McWynnty-known to some as The Great Whore because she has sold herself and her party and our future to the Hogs-trying to help Justin pick Hog pockets with this `free` tuition deal. Even worse for Hogs is that she has billed Hogs for free tuition for non union, non Hog `others`AFTER doing her best to arrange `zero sum` contracts-meaning NO new gravy for Hogs! The Whore is the woman who stood in front of a pack of teachers and swore she would do whatever it took to revive their trust in the Lie-beral party-so much for Lie-beral loyalty to those who elect them!)

(I say it is fact that OSSTF-the Ontari-owe high school teachers have the single largest pension fund in all of North America and routinely get 20-25 percent returns on their investments-confirmed by the outgoing chairman of the OSSTF pension management group yet the OSSTF plan (and all other govt union pension plans) are at great risk of going bankrupt -in spite of fabulous returns on investment and with Lie-berals shoveling money into the plans at a frantic rate. So great are Hog entitlements that virtually all Hog pension plans are nearing bankruptcy-Lie-berals shovel money in and Hogs syphon off the gravy even faster!)

(I say-and history confirms that its all unsustainable Lie-beral madness and Hogs will end up paying the price for being so GULLIBLE! And once the Lie-beral magic trick has been performed, who will Hogs turn to for aid? Lie-berals are playing the Hogs for fools and Hogs abandoned the NDP over a decade ago because of the mad borrowing schemes of Ndp leader Bob Rae. What is a greedy Hog supposed to do when the Lie-beral magic cleans out his wallet? But Hogs cannot say they were not warned....and Lie-berals are simply operating true to form! Lie-beral policy has always been straight forward-make those with the most money pay the most taxes and that now means hitting civil service Hogs the hardest!)

(Our stupid Boy has given Hogs 1.5 percent reduction in their income taxes-but their wages are still frozen and they have lost the income splitting that might have saved them some taxes. Even worse, Our idiot Boy has brought in tens of thousands of Syrian refugees who will be soaking up huge quantities of govt welfare and will constitute a HUGE and expensive security risk for MANY decades! And LIE-berals have cooked up a new Canada Pension Plan to soak Hogs even further! And what price the massive new ripoff called carbon cap and trade? That one is sure to hit Hogs with MASSIVE inflation and NO guarantee of more gravy-except the kind that LIE-berals produce by their `magic`!)

(And now Hogs are being ORDERED to pay MORE for their kids education! Hogs VOTED for LIE-berals because they expected MORE gravy-and look how its working out!)

(I hope Hogs are enjoying the magic trick that Our Boy with the nice hair...for Brains is playing on them!)

Johnnny
I listened to this song since before social media came out and it still holds value in my opinion.

[youtube]VAPbUXePmig[/youtube]

Quote:

See I'm a twenty-first century digital boy
I don't know how to live but I got a lot of toys
My daddy's a lazy middle-class intellectual
My mommy's on Valium, so ineffectual, yeah yeah...

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

I listened to this song since before social media came out and it still holds value in my opinion.

[youtube]VAPbUXePmig[/youtube]

Here is the proof that LIE-beral values are producing a nation of morons:

Here is yet another article illustrating the many failings of LIE-beral policy. With some comments of my own in brackets):

Are lunatics in charge of our schools?

(Well yes- but lets hear the latest mad news anyway!)

By Jerry Agar. Published: December 5, 2017. Updated: December 5, 2017 7:14 AM EST

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ Opinion/ Columnists.

Related

Editorials
EDITORIAL: No need to rush deal with China
Columnists
BONO: Trade deal turns into an embarrassment
Columnists
FRUM: Nothing Islamophobic about arresting ISIS fighters

Perhaps you have been dreamily going through life thinking the people who run education in this province are connected to reality.

I fervently wish that were true. But recently, two things happened to crush that dream for any of us naive enough to believe in such things.

A friend of mine who is a kindergarten teacher in the Toronto District School Board was telling me about four year olds who refuse to go back into the school after recess.

So the principal has to stand outside in the yard with the child until the child decides to go in.

I said, “They don’t weigh much. Pick the kid up.”

“No”, I was told, “We are not allowed to touch the kid.”

So the child is in charge. A four year old is deciding how the school day will go.

Don’t try this at home. If that is the policy – and I do not doubt my friend — that is dumb, dumb, dumb.

I contacted the TDSB early Monday morning to find out if this is the board’s policy, or a school principal misunderstanding the policy. I am still waiting for a response.

But teachers calling in to my NEWSTALK1010 radio show told me that what my friend told me is accurate.

Who makes these kinds of rules that go against common sense?

No parent would act like that with their own kids, or with the child of someone they were babysitting.

When children are taught they are in charge, it does not end well.

(None of this should be a surprise. The ugly truth is that as kids get older- they come to realize NOBODY is in charge! Our society is so splintered and rushed there is no time for kids. Parents are away at work for long hours and when they come home they are tired and hurrying to complete household chores. All kids know that riding a school bus is like going to a Wild West town were there is no Sheriff! A school bus is NO MAN`S LAND! There are no teachers and no parents available to referee. The driver is under STRICT ORDERS to ONLY drive the bus! If there is trouble on the bus- the only solution for the driver is to go faster and get the kids off quickly so they will either be separated or at least they will become a problem for somebody else!)

(Radicals in our society have made life so difficult for school authorities that a teacher risks her job and her pension if she touches a child- so no touch and no discipline either- in the old days a kid could be kept after school for detention- not now as they have to be on the bus or risk being stranded at school miles from home!)

(Kids watch us and learn from us and they have a pretty good idea how far our authority and our patience extends- and they KNOW we are too busy to take the time to deal effectively with troublemakers!)

Now, try to square this apparent policy of not touching school children under any circumstances with the following.

The Toronto Star reported recently on teachers accused of, among other things, sexually abusing high school students, telling a high school girl her breasts should be big enough for a handful and small enough for a mouthful, and sexually assaulting a female co-worker in an elevator at the school they worked at.

These teachers were not fired. Rather, they were transferred to another school.

The story noted, “Teachers in Ontario can be transferred after their school boards find reason to discipline them, and in some of the province’s largest boards there is no requirement to tell a new principal about the incoming teacher’s past.”

(Well gosh, if its good enough for Catholic Priests it ought to be good enough for our teachers! After all, teacher unions recognize no other authority over them than God- and even SHE is doubtful in their eyes! Certainly teachers believe they are ENTITLED to sneer at any public complaint about their greed and arrogance!)

One third of teachers cited in the article re-offended at their new schools.

(This is the power of a civil service Hog union! In a City of Toronto case documented by Sun reporter Sue Ann Levy- a city recreation dept worker was arrested, tried and convicted on pedofile charges- for having abused kids at the City Rec Centre where he worked. He served his time and tried to return to his old job working with kids! For reasons that only a Hog lawyer would find puzzling, the City refused to rehire him so the union launched a grievance and argued the matter through every court in Ontari-owe- up to and including the Supreme Court of Ontari-owe- and Hogs LOST every time! Hundreds of thousands of dollars spent to try to get a CONVICTED PEDOFILE his job back- working with kids! And the union excuse for this madness- as reported by Levy: “the union has a duty to support its members”! The union clearly has WAY TO MANY ENTITLEMENTS as well!)

These are offenses that never should have happened had simple common sense ruled at these school boards.

Criminal lawyer Ed Prutschi told me, “I don’t understand this as a lawyer. The liability on the part of the school board is unfathomable. They are explicitly prohibiting the principal, whose job it is to ensure student and staff safety, from knowing anything about why that teacher got transferred to their school.”

(Oh but there IS the answer- union entitlements TRUMP child safety or public anger at pedofiles being hidden from us! Recently Durham District School Board voted that the public had no right to know how often their child was evacuated from class because of violence! They are our kids but its THEIR UNION workplace and we- the public- have no rights!)

(As for the child refusing to re-enter school after recess- at least the kid IS physically safe as long as principal stays with it and simply blocks it from rushing into traffic etc! As for the mental state the child is developing- that is a form of child abuse that LIE-berals DO NOT RECOGNIZE! And we have heard of other cases in which cops have handcuffed children- and of course if the kid runs off into traffic and is killed then its parents WILL SUE! And they also sue when the kid is put in cuffs but at least the kid survives the experience!)

Have our school boards learned nothing from the scandal of the Catholic church doing the same with priests who molested children?

I’m told that in the teaching profession, this is known as “passing the trash”.

There are those who will blame the teacher unions for this state of affairs, but I do not.

Unions can ask for anything. That’s their job, even when their proposals are outrageous.

But elected officials signed off on the agreements establishing these procedures, apparently forgetting they represent parents, taxpayers and students.

Do you ever get the feeling that if we randomly picked 10 people off the street we’d have better run school boards than with the people running them now?

(The number of Cdns who do not vote in elections EVER is about 55 percent of the population- with the remaining 45 percent divided as follows: one third of that 45 percent vote for logical policies and the remaining two thirds vote for HOG GRAVY and entitlements and to hell with the general public! It is no coincidence that one third of employed Cdns work for govt and that this grossly selfish voting block has become the tail that wags the Cdn political dog. What frightens LIE-berals is that the 55 percent of Cdns who do not normally vote may just have been enraged to the point that they WILL vote in the next election- to sweep LIE-berals and their Hog enablers away in a sea of voter rage!)

(LIE-berals and their Hog allies are painfully aware that Mike Harris got the biggest mandate and highest voter support ever offered to an Ontari-owe premier. They are also aware that voter turnout JUMPED 48 percent when Rob Ford was elected mayor of Hogtown! And it dismays them that Wynne-bag is the most hated premier in Cdn history. And Our idiot Boy Justin is puzzled as to why his “sunny ways” are turning cloudy- obscured by massive debt and idiot immigration hypocrisy! It is NOT a good time to be a LIE-beral!)

Murphy

Is Social Media making us Stupider? Yes. I rest my case.

spilledthebeer

Is Social Media making us Stupider? Yes. I rest my case.

You should stop laughing and re-phrase your last post as you are proving MY POINT about stupid educators and foolish and un-disciplined kids!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!