Whom Should the Dems Run for President in 2020?

Tecumsehsbones
I'm thinking Samuel L. Jackson. I mean, the President is mostly a front man anyhow. The real work is done by staff. And Samuel L. might not be the best at consoling hurricane victims and soldiers' widows, but when there's a threat to be delivered, he's your man!

Plus, a series of Trump/Samuel L. debates would be side-splitting.

tay
Donna Brazile

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

Donna Brazile

No, Brazilians aren't eligible. Gotta be a natcherl-born Murkan!

MHz
You get a few points for admitting American politics is a comedy show. I would call it a badly written one rather than a well written one.
Didn't the last 100 years show that it doesn't matter who is sitting behind the desk? What he signs and what he reads is handed to him. If he doesn't comply he is shot dead.

Perhaps a Trump supporter should run then he has the whole of the 'lotto' tickets in his pocket. The alternative is anybody from the Skull and Bones club.

Vbeacher
+2
The Democrats have a chance for a major victory in 2020, but they have their own problems with populism which might well frustrate their chances.

There are a lot of centrists and even center right people who are fed up with Trump, if they didn't loath him to begin with. Given a moderate alternative they will abandon him in droves, abandon the Republicans in droves. The problem for the Democrats is you have people like Elizabeth Warner and Bernie Sanders (who isn't a Democrat but has much influence) wanting to pull the Democratic party further to the Left, and who revel in identity politics which really turns off much of the center and center right. They don't want the Democrats to field a centrist candidate. They want someone from the far Left. And that is about the only way I see Trump getting re-elected - if these people succeed in putting in someone much of the center and center right finds so distasteful they either stay home or vote Trump.

Who should they nominate to virtually ensure victory? A slightly left of center white man who even has some conservative tendencies, say a former military officer. And he should keep clear of anything related to identity politics.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Didn't the last 100 years show that it doesn't matter who is sitting behind the desk? What he signs and what he reads is handed to him. If he doesn't comply he is shot dead.

Good God, if Trump is saying (and Tweeting) stuff that is prepared for him, there is no future for the US.

MHz
Try the tactic used by one race-horse owner who made million by bribing jockeys. The jockeys he bribed were his own and he did it assure they would ride to win rather than lose. Perhaps American politics should do the same.

Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Good God, if Trump is saying (and Tweeting) stuff that is prepared for him, there is no future for the US.

He still gets a bit of rope to show he is still alive. The best one was when he announced where he got the intel he was privy to before having a long chat with Putin. He has his moments when he ia the thug in the room. The part I was referencing is signing EO's without the CIA having a chance to edit it. That little problem has been fixed. Would you care to be informed who runs the CIA?
All the world leaders get the same treatment, all means all, no exceptions.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Vbeacher View Post

Who should they nominate to virtually ensure victory?

Samuel. . . L. . . . Jackson. Weren't you reading?

And it's "whom."

Love,
The Grammar Nazi

Vbeacher
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Samuel. . . L. . . . Jackson. Weren't you reading?

And it's "whom."

Love,
The Grammar Nazi

Jackson would punch you in the face if you called him a white man.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Vbeacher View Post

Jackson would punch you in the face if you called him a white man.

Jackson would punch you in the face just for giggles. Not that Samuel L. would EVER giggle.

MHz
Like a punch from some old, old person is going to do any real damage. You Yankees are so funnee.

coldstream
+1
The Democrats are so tied up with their politics of division and victimization that they have no real chance of victory in 2020.

They have in the last decade lost the congress, the governorships and statehouses, the presidency.

They are incapable of presenting a plan of economic restoration, being ideologically bound to the principles of economic liberalism, just like the NeoCons (free trade, monetarism, deregulation, privatization, regressive taxation).. that has the U.S. in steep economic decline.

They proffer a post structural morality of moral relativism, radical individualism, secular humanism. They are inundated with morbidity and social deconstruction through abortion, homosexuality, euthenasia, drug legalization, multiculturalism. They have simply lost the ear of the electorate with their phoney idealism and lack of any realistic hope for recovery.

For all of Trump's faults, he can at least talk to the increasing number of people left out of the eroding Middle Class and by way of the deindustrialization of America.

Tecumsehsbones
Well, that was responsive.

darkbeaver
Republican
The democrats should run someone who meets with Israels approval of course.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

For all of Trump's faults, he can at least talk to the increasing number of people left out of the eroding Middle Class and by way of the deindustrialization of America.

If he can do that, he should start doing so. Any time now.

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

The Democrats are so tied up with their politics of division and victimization that they have no real chance of victory in 2020.

They have in the last decade lost the congress, the governorships and statehouses, the presidency.

They are incapable of presenting a plan of economic restoration, being ideologically bound to the principles of economic liberalism, just like the NeoCons (free trade, monetarism, deregulation, privatization, regressive taxation).. that has the U.S. in steep economic decline.

They proffer a post structural morality of moral relativism, radical individualism, secular humanism. They are inundated with morbidity and social deconstruction through abortion, homosexuality, euthenasia, drug legalization, multiculturalism. They have simply lost the ear of the electorate with their phoney idealism and lack of any realistic hope for recovery.

Economic restoration in the USA can only begin with war if at all. I am convinced that they cannot win this ongoing war even if they openly make it global. That nation is truly a gutted rotting hulk. Breaking it up into smaller pieces? I don't see any peaceful way to solve Americas problem.

EagleSmack
DB For President

Tecumsehsbones
OK, so, no viable alternatives having been proposed, nominations are now closed.

I give you the next President of the United States!

EagleSmack
How about you T-Bones?

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
But I don't have golf clubs!

coldstream
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Economic restoration in the USA can only begin with war if at all. I am convinced that they cannot win this ongoing war even if they openly make it global. That nation is truly a gutted rotting hulk.

You might be right db. With history as a lesson the kind of unravelling, the rotting superstructure, of culture and economy we see now ultimately leads to global and total conflict.

EagleSmack

The amount of time spent on the links is a big deal here in the US. Perhaps it is time that we get a President who doesn't golf.

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
I don't want to be right, I want them to clean up thier game and shovel out thier stables before the eventuality of civil war.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

How about you T-Bones?

Can't. I've got a couple of disqualifiers.

TenPenny

The amount of time spent on the links is a big deal here in the US. Perhaps it is time that we get a President who doesn't golf.

I think it's been a big deal for every president in living memory, i'm not sure why. funny when everyone tries to make it an issue, and pretends their guy wasn't as bad as the new guy.

MHz

The democrats should run someone who meets with Israels approval of course.

That pretty much includes all of them doesn't it??

Clinton spent his time getting blow-jobs from the staff or jetting off to Orgy Island.

Kreskin
+1

You could spend all of your time at the bowling alley. America needs a bowler president.

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

You could spend all of your time at the bowling alley. America needs a bowler president.

I'm no good at that either. America needs a president devoid of the usual external cash connections and debts empowered from those same connections. That would entail a complete overhaul of the politics in America and again we circle back to civil war. How can something so entrenched be gotten rid of without blood in the streets? I would like to think the Canadian system is cleaner but I'm not convinced of it except in scale only. Perhaps if every candidate were dresed in sack cloth neutered and kept in a cell that could happen. I don't think entrenched privilage will be easy to eradicate.
I did fix a power saw today however, High speed needle 1 1/2 turns clockwise, Low speed 1 1/4 clockwise, Idle needle set at zero chain movement unt a new sparks plugz, vroooom, it werkink good now, maybe get fire wood done before snow come, that could possibly sway an electshun.
Last edited by darkbeaver; Oct 23rd, 2017 at 02:54 PM..

MHz
Under those rules only one group is qualified.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation

...and he won't be Putins cock holster..