Multiple people hurt in a shooting in Surrey, BC


B00Mer
#1
Multiple people hurt in a shooting in Surrey, BC



Three people are hurt after a shooting at a home in Surrey this morning.

It happened around 6 a.m.; neighbours told police they heard gunshots, glass breaking, and yelling.

When officers got to the scene, they found a man in his mid-twenties had been shot.

Two other people — a man and a woman — also in their mid-twenties — showed up at the hospital with injuries. This second man had also been shot, while the woman had a minor injury.

All three are known to police. Mounties think this was a targeted attack and doesn’t think there is any risk to the general public.

source: Three people hurt in Surrey shooting - News1130

.....................................

Lots of shootings in Canada recently.. and we have such strong Hand Gun laws. strange.
 
Corduroy
#2
Whenever they say victims were "known to police" it's an unsubtle cue telling you not to care.
 
SLM
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Whenever they say victims were "known to police" it's an unsubtle cue telling you not to care.

And also one should infer that they brought it upon themselves.
 
Twila
#4
It's gangs trying to secure territory. Dial a dope dealers from what the news is reporting here.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#5
Waiting for someone to piously say "He who lives by the sword. . ."
 
Twila
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Waiting for someone to piously say "He who lives by the sword. . ."

well they live by the gun...

It would be worth saying if they were going to the news complaining about their gun wounds. So far, they're not.
 
B00Mer
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

well they live by the gun...

My point was missed above.. for a country bent on Gun Registration and making it difficult for Law abiding folks from having a firearm in Canada... there sure does seem to be a lot of gun violence in Canada.

I'm going to guess the guns used in this attack were probably stolen or smuggled into Canada.

Year of the gun: Two men killed by guns the latest in a deadly trend through 2015

Canadian cities largely safe but rising gun violence disturbing - Canada - CBC News

Law abiding citizens should have easier access to guns in Canada, and the ability to use them to protect your home.. but if you use a gun in the commission of a crime, stiffer penalties.
 
DaSleeper
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

My point was missed above. . for a country bent on Gun Registration and making it difficult for Law abiding folks from having a firearm in Canada... there sure does seem to be a lot of gun violence in Canada.

I'm going to guess the guns used in this attack were probably stolen or smuggled into Canada.

Year of the gun: Two men killed by guns the latest in a deadly trend through 2015

Canadian cities largely safe but rising gun violence disturbing - Canada - CBC News

Law abiding citizens should have easier access to guns in Canada, and the ability to use them to protect your home.. but if you use a gun in the commission of a crime, stiffer penalties.

I would say..........on purpose ..........
 
Twila
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

My point was missed above.. for a country bent on Gun Registration and making it difficult for Law abiding folks from having a firearm in Canada... there sure does seem to be a lot of gun violence in Canada.

I was responding to TB. You were aware of that, right?
 
Corduroy
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Waiting for someone to piously say "He who lives by the sword. . ."

I said that in another thread. Probably piously.

Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

My point was missed above.. for a country bent on Gun Registration and making it difficult for Law abiding folks from having a firearm in Canada... there sure does seem to be a lot of gun violence in Canada.

But is there?
 
B00Mer
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

But is there?

Compared to the USA, maybe not.. but it's sound like more from other past years in Canada.
 
Corduroy
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Compared to the USA, maybe not.. but it's sound like more from other past years in Canada.

I bet you could find stats on that.
 
Durry
#13
Mostly EIs

Oh they still honor a terrorist Sikh in that area!!
 
Corduroy
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

Mostly EIs

Oh they still honor a terrorist Sikh in that area!!

Employment Insurance?
 
damngrumpy
#15
There are likely no more guns than there were yesterday if the truth is known.
The same small percentage of people are the ones who commit the same
crimes over and over again. The courts and prison system is a revolving door.
I hear the same crap all the time the current and former governments enact new
laws and the courts let them go.
Nonsense, the courts administer justice on an individual basis and not one law
fits all as it should be. The problem is not the judicial system it is in fact the
Governments they appoint those judges to the bench in the first place therefore
the government needs to take more care in hiring the judges instead of treating
them like patronage appointments from the bowls of the legal system itself.
In other words if the government is not happy with a judge they should have thought
about that when they hired them and made them a judge
 
pgs
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

It's gangs trying to secure territory. Dial a dope dealers from what the news is reporting here.

They are saying they are just low level drug dealers . Meaning they are just street dealers selling meth to your children on street corners .
Not the high level drug dealers that are telling them to kill their competition .