Russia Prepared To Fight War Over Ukraine, Senior Government Official Admits

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

.............now, what do you think we should do if Putin's boys invade Ukraine and proceed to shoot everyone they don't like??

Suddenly it all falls apart, doesn't it??

Not as fast as if they 'invade' and nobody gets shot. Unfortunately they have no insignias so it must be local boys and they, wait for it, are faking the Russian accents.

Yes, yes it does. Reminiscent of 9/11 and WTC7 one misplaced joint and the (cough, cough) whole structure comes down.

EagleSmack
+1
Wow... the Russians are invading every where! Georgia, Syria, Chechnya, and now the Ukraine.

MHz
Notice how quiet it is rather than when the US does it, first you have months of yak, yak, yak and then all sorts of noise when it happens, like a few months of being bombed even if they don't need it.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Notice how quiet it is rather than when the US does it, first you have months of yak, yak, yak and then all sorts of noise when it happens, like a few months of being bombed even if they don't need it.

I would LOVE to respond... but you're babbling incoherently again.

Would you like to compose yourself and try again?

tworivers
No Party Affiliation
+1
MHz you are stating lies , again , with no proof and ignoring the fact the Russians have and always have been the trouble in Ukraine . I want you to listen To Yanukconvicts press conference yesterday where he refers to Ukraine as an important part of Russia .

darkbeaver
Republican
If it wasn't for the Russians Ukraine would be Polish.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by tworivers View Post

MHz you are stating lies , again , with no proof and ignoring the fact the Russians have and always have been the trouble in Ukraine . I want you to listen To Yanukconvicts press conference yesterday where he refers to Ukraine as an important part of Russia .

Hey TR.... do not expect much from him when it comes to facts and honesty. Save yourself the trouble.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

If it wasn't for the Russians Ukraine would be Polish.

Which came first Ukrainians or Russians?

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Which came first Ukrainians or Russians?

Ukraine.

petros
+1

Ukraine.

Correct. Moscow by all rights being a Ukrainian settlement should be part of Ukraine.

Goober
Free Thinker

Note that Russia along with the US, France, UK signed a Treaty guaranteeing Ukraine's borders in exchange for them destroying their nukes.

Nuclear weapons and Ukraine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Already on July 16, 1990 the Verkhovna Rada adopted the Declaration of State Sovereignty of Ukraine where it announced that Ukraine will hold to the three non-nuclear principles: not to use, not to produce, and not to stockpile nuclear weapons. In November 1993, the Ukrainian parliament adopted a resolution On the Ratification of the Treaty Between the USSR and USA On the Reduction and Limitation of Strategic Offensive Weapons of June 7, 1991 and the Lisbon Protocol to the Treaty of May 23, 1992. In his speech in parliament the Prime Minister of Ukraine Leonid Kuchma however advocated to preserve in Ukraine the most effective and powerful part of the Ukrainian nuclear arsenal—46 ICBM SS-24 which could have been kept for a long time.

The next stage was the signing on January 14, 1994 of the Trilateral Statement by the Presidents of Ukraine, Russia, and the United States under which Ukraine was to destroy all nuclear weapons on its territory, including strategic offensive weapons. Ukraine, Washington and Moscow reached an agreement in January that allowed for the dismantling of Ukraine's 176 Intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBMs) ahead of Kiev's formal ratification of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).[3][4] France and China provided unilateral security assurances in the form of diplomatic notes. The missiles—130 SS-18s and 46 SS-24s—carried about 1,800 nuclear warheads altogether.

Before voting on accession, Ukraine demanded from Russia, the USA, France and the United Kingdom a written statement that these powers undertook to extend the security guarantees to Ukraine. Instead security assurances to Ukraine (Ukraine published the documents as guarantees given to Ukraine[5]) were given on 5 December 1994 at a formal ceremony in Budapest (known as the Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances[6]), may be summarized as follows: Russia, the UK and the USA undertake to respect Ukraine's borders in accordance with the principles of the 1975 CSCE Final Act, to abstain from the use or threat of force against Ukraine, to support Ukraine where an attempt is made to place pressure on it by economic coercion, and to bring any incident of aggression by a nuclear power before the UN Security Council.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by tworivers View Post

When seeking sanctuary you say things that you think will get you liked by the host Nation. Let's see if he is still in Russia on their election day. One of the things that will be on the list will be Crimea separating and coming under the Russian umbrella. If Russia does nothing for the rest of the area then she can't be accused of interfering while funding from the West could be seen as 'lobbying' before any votes have been cast.
Somebody mentioned gas sales would not be a factor and that just got reduced by 4/5 and no word on the new price of the product. (in the West the product price is the same but the 'service fees jump 1,000% without a rise in quality of service to anybody but the 10% of the richest in the area) That removes another factor that cannot be used against Russia as she did not cancel the contract, the new UKG did so they must have had alternative plans in place.

For myself if the loot doesn't get returned (minus wages) then it is as hollow a speech as nay politician has ever made. As for who would run it I would say the elected Politicians from the last election throw in one vote each for a general who is currently serving in the military and the top 3 (or more) choices each give a one page speech and then the votes are cast and that is who is in charge until a new government. is seated and that could also include the Generals. No corporals, that was tried and that didn't work out too well.
(in part)
Yanukovych from Russia: I Was Not Overthrown but Compelled to Leave

Yanukovych, who fled after being impeached by parliament on Saturday, savaged the anti-Kremlin and pro-EU forces who have now taken power.
"Power in Ukraine has been taken by nationalist, pro-fascist young people who represent the absolute minority of people in Ukraine."
"This is anarchy, terror and chaos," he added.
But Yanukovych, 63, speaking in Russian, said he wanted to apologize for leaving Ukraine in its current state.
"I am ashamed. I want to say I apologize to the Ukrainian people for what happened in Ukraine and that I did not have the strength to keep stability."
He blamed the "irresponsible policies" of the West for the crisis in the country and said he would not take part in "illegal" presidential election planned by Ukraine's new leadership for May 25.
Yanukovych said he spoke by telephone to Russian President Vladimir Putin after arriving in the country but had not yet met with the Kremlin chief.
Yanukovych from Russia: I Was Not Overthrown but Compelled to Leave — Naharnet

Tell me the truth, why is they any question as to if there has 'been a takeover'? It seems pretty evident that it is a past event as we speak. People are quick to understand when a volcano has blown, the picture would pretty much sum things up.
Ukraine Accuses Russia of 'Armed Invasion' in Crimea — Naharnet

darkbeaver
Republican

Correct. Moscow by all rights being a Ukrainian settlement should be part of Ukraine.

You know very well how history works, even a glance at Ukrainian history portrays thousands of years of constant tides of invasion by dozens of differing tribes. Anyone of which could make similar claims about rightful ownership. A few hundred years and maybe Moscow will be Ukrainian again, but not this time, this time it has a very good chance of becoming a desolate buffer zone between two powers.

Goober
Free Thinker

You know very well how history works, even a glance at Ukrainian history portrays thousands of years of constant tides of invasion by dozens of differing tribes. Anyone of which could make similar claims about rightful ownership. A few hundred years and maybe Moscow will be Ukrainian again, but not this time, this time it has a very good chance of becoming a desolate buffer zone between two powers.

If this is indeed fact, we will see more violence in the Crimea, and yes some will be staged.

Viktor Yanukovych insists he's still Ukraine's President - CNN.com

Meanwhile, Russian lawmakers introduced two bills Friday to simplify annexing new territories into the Russian Federation and simplify access to Russian citizenship for Ukrainians, the Russian state news agency Itar Tass said.

One of the bills also stipulates that accession of a part of a foreign state to Russia should be taken through a referendum, according to Russian state news agency RIA Novosti.

Lawmakers to Submit Bill Simplifying Integration of Foreign Territories | The Moscow Times

Lawmakers plan to submit a bill to the State Duma on Friday that would make it easier for Russia to absorb foreign territories.

The bill proposes letting parts of other countries join Russia on the basis of a referendum or a decision made by the territory's elected parliament.

On Thursday, the Crimean parliament voted in favor of holding a referendum on May 25 on whether to extend the region's autonomy.

The peninsula, given to Ukraine by Russia in 1954, has a large ethnic Russian populace, many of whom have refused to accept the new government established in Kiev, preferring instead to lean toward Moscow.

"The initiative is ready and will be submitted today," A Just Russia member Mikhail Yemelyanov said, Interfax reported. "Since this is a national issue, all representatives from all factions are free to sign on to the bill."

The bill will amend a law passed in 2001 that stipulates that a "new entity" can join Russia by signing a treaty with the state that it belongs to.

Yemelyanov also said that a bill making it easier for Ukrainians to become Russian citizens will be introduced for the Duma's consideration on Friday.

Under the proposed legislation, Ukrainians would only be required to know Russian language to get a Russian passport.

Yemelyanov added that A Just Russia considers it necessary to preserve the territorial integrity of Ukraine.

petros

If so then he needs to explain where $70B disappeared to.

MHz
It should follow the same path as Poland, a preselected site to house military forts with one ultimate target. China is going to get Africa because that is where the gold is that they are owed. There will be no wars in Siberia because you can never take the ground when you can only move around for a part of the year. What you do is move and tap the resources so it runs by itself for the time you cannot service it. With the 60M Chinese (as 1 report stated) poised on Russia's back door they might was well build a divided highway with grades no more than 5% to allow access while not having to muck about in the thawed tundra. That should be the same white spruce we have in Canada' wilderness areas. As long as they don't harvest with nuclear weapons it is a renewable resource as they have our mistakes in forest management to know what not to do.

petros
+1
Megahurts WTF are you on?

EagleSmack

Megahurts WTF are you on?

What part is the funniest of his post?

Correction... most bizzare...

I vote this...

"With the 60M Chinese (as 1 report stated) poised on Russia's back door they might was well build a divided highway with grades no more than 5% to allow access while not having to muck about in the thawed tundra."

MHz

If so then he needs to explain where $70B disappeared to.

Did they recover any loot from the woman who just got out of jail? I hear she is in France for 'medical treatments' probably the same poverty lifestyle as Arafat's widow.

Egypt was the first place the Banker's showed that when the ride was over the stooge would have his 'rewards' taken away also and then he would stand trail in the same nation he just finished raping. That doesn't always have a positive outcome.

taxslave
Free Thinker
China does not need to take over any of Siberia. All they have to do is provide a market for the resources buried there.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I vote this...

"With the 60M Chinese (as 1 report stated) poised on Russia's back door they might was well build a divided highway with grades no more than 5% to allow access while not having to muck about in the thawed tundra."

That's the one that got me.

Did they recover any loot from the woman who just got out of jail? I hear she is in France for 'medical treatments' probably the same poverty lifestyle as Arafat's widow.

Egypt was the first place the Banker's showed that when the ride was over the stooge would have his 'rewards' taken away also and then he would stand trail in the same nation he just finished raping. That doesn't always have a positive outcome.

The one who was falsely charged in the coup?

MHz

I vote this...

Goober posted an article that indicated that Russia better not worry about the Ukraine and just let her friends in NATO take over and that would free up Russia to go and protect Siberia from the Chinese that were 'poised' to invade for the natural resources. I thought you guys actually read the threads you were posting. Do I also have to say multiple threads is there is more than one??

China built the Great Wall but it looks more like a bike path (Hmmm) than a path that is built for heavy commerce. The little wall could be fitted with cameras like NASCAR has and all the bike races could be held on that one road where sections were completed as in a rally type of event and to had so many days to do the whole route. 125CC 6-speed would be a popular class.

There will be no Russian invasion of Crimea, it is a past event.

As for my emotional state perhaps it is finding some old recordings that mock our society because we are so messed up it really is quite funny. (media headlines being the most blatant just because people can no get both sides of the story before they come to any judgments. Once you do have something from both sides the judgment comes without any real effort.

petros

Goober posted an article that indicated that Russia better not worry about the Ukraine and just let her friends in NATO take over and that would free up Russia to go and protect Siberia from the Chinese that were 'poised' to invade for the natural resources. I thought you guys actually read the threads you were posting. Do I also have to say multiple threads is there is more than one??

China built the Great Wall but it looks more like a bike path (Hmmm) than a path that is built for heavy commerce. The little wall could be fitted with cameras like NASCAR has and all the bike races could be held on that one road where sections were completed as in a rally type of event and to had so many days to do the whole route. 125CC 6-speed would be a popular class.

There will be no Russian invasion of Crimea, it is a past event.

As for my emotional state perhaps it is finding some old recordings that mock our society because we are so messed up it really is quite funny. (media headlines being the most blatant just because people can no get both sides of the story before they come to any judgments. Once you do have something from both sides the judgment comes without any real effort.

Name a country that flies the NATO flag as it's national flag?

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

China does not need to take over any of Siberia. All they have to do is provide a market for the resources buried there.

There you go, and once they do they would also supply 60M workers to develop the area and then go back home to enjoy the benefits of that hard work. The ones that happen to be sitting on the product get elevated to the same quality of life as anybody involved in the process, at any level. Just building such a road would give them designing skills that could be applied to any region of the earth that has a similar landscape. Like Canada, the largest resource is fresh water as the north country is like a giant sponge, one that can be refilled every year and is almost immune to evaporation losses.

darkbeaver
Republican
Central Banker Named New Ukraine PM

There;s not much else to say I think.

petros
You're waaaaaay off. There is plenty to say.

Locutus

I vote this...

Now that's a slippery slope.

darkbeaver
Republican

You're waaaaaay off. There is plenty to say.

Well, get on with it then. I will remind you before you start though that as far as I have been able to determine no central bank has ever freed any nation or peoples, never ever have things worked out nice.

petros
Which Central Bank does he work for?

darkbeaver
Republican

Which Central Bank does he work for?

The one and the only, it's a club. BIS