Gun Control is Completely Useless.

JamesBondo
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

You do not design automobiles to contain expanding gasses.

We'll I guess you could make a car that is pulled by a horse. It's definitely been done.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

We'll I guess you could make a car that is pulled by a horse. It's definitely been done.

There are literally thousands of them in our immediate neighbourhood that are powered by electrons seeking slower energy state.

JamesBondo
+1

There are literally thousands of them in our immediate neighbourhood that are powered by electrons seeking slower energy state.

thousands of golfcarts.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

thousands of golfcarts.

in East Oakville?

There are 18 golf courses in and around Oakville, including the one that the Canadian Open is played on but none of them are in this end of town. Teslas are more common here than Chevs. That is literally true.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

in East Oakville?

There are 18 golf courses in and around Oakville, including the one that the Canadian Open is played on but none of them are in this end of town. Teslas are more common here than Chevs. That is literally true.

I bet those Tesla owners all have second and third vehicles for when the Tesla won’t do .

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

I bet those Tesla owners all have second and third vehicles for when the Tesla won’t do .

I can't say but you're hard pressed to find single vehicle housholds around here. We are a relatively humble family surrounded by multimillionaires and we have three. Anyway, short range, urban use on flat terrain is quite different from what you would deal with, pigs. Teslas are VERY popular, here.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

I can't say but you're hard pressed to find single vehicle housholds around here. We are a relatively humble family surrounded by multimillionaires and we have three. Anyway, short range, urban use on flat terrain is quite different from what you would deal with, pigs. Teslas are VERY popular, here.

Still being a jerk I see! And being pretty disloyal! Ontario is the auto manufacturing centre of Canada and a loyal person should support his province. G.M., Ford, or Chrysler should be the ONLY vehicles sold there. Kick the f**king foreigners back to where they came from. TRUMP has the right idea!

JLM
No Party Affiliation

in East Oakville?

Sounds like that burg is inhabited by a bunch of Assholes, that should be deported to Italy!

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Sounds like that burg is inhabited by a bunch of Assholes, that should be deported to Italy!

Not many Italians about (rare around here) here but there are a fair number of Lamborghinis on the road.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Still being a jerk I see! And being pretty disloyal! Ontario is the auto manufacturing centre of Canada and a loyal person should support his province. G.M., Ford, or Chrysler should be the ONLY vehicles sold there. Kick the f**king foreigners back to where they came from. TRUMP has the right idea!

the Ford plant here is literally right across the road from the exotic car leasing lot. I live three kilometers from the Ford assembly line.

Two of our three cars are Fords, although the other Japanese one is by far the more reliable, better built, better designed, better engineered, more efficient, nicer driving and less expensive one.

BTW, Tesla is an American brand assembled in America ... just thought that you should know.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Not many Italians about (rare around here) here but there are a fair number of Lamborghinis on the road.

That's good, send them to Italy (Sicily) anyway!

Curious Cdn
Conservative

That's good, send them to Italy (Sicily) anyway!

What? The American designed and built Teslas?

JLM
No Party Affiliation

the Ford plant here is literally right across the road from the exotic car leasing lot. I live three kilometers from the Ford assembly line.

Two of our three cars are Fords, although the other Japanese one is by far the more reliable, better built, better designed, better engineered, more efficient, nicer driving and less expensive one.

BTW, Tesla is an American brand assembled in America ... just thought that you should know.

Yep, Japanese cars certainly aren't the pieces of shit they were years ago. Thinking back to when my sister drove a '74 Mazda. The best thing about it was the paint job - Lemon yellow!

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Yep, Japanese cars certainly aren't the pieces of shit they were years ago. Thinking back to when my sister drove a '74 Mazda. The best thing about it was the paint job - Lemon yellow!

The early ones rusted out fast. The Japanese studiied the problems, did oodles of research in North America and came back with a superior product. The North American manufacturers arrogantly did diddly-nothing and now the whole planet has passed them by.

To this very day, no North American marque has figured out how to make a four cylinder engine that isn't a lump of scrap, so they still buy the technology from overseas (mainly Japan).

JLM
No Party Affiliation

The early ones rusted out fast. The Japanese studiied the problems, did oodles of research in North America and came back with a superior product. The North American manufacturers arrogantly did diddly-nothing and now the whole planet has passed them by.

To this very day, no North American marque has figured out how to make a four cylinder engine that isn't a lump of scrap, so they still buy the technology from overseas (mainly Japan).

You got that right...………………...especially the pickups!

Curious Cdn
Conservative

You got that right...………………...especially the pickups!

Killing a Toyota Pickup ... parts 1,2,3

http://youtu.be/xnWKz7Cthkk

http://youtu.be/xTPnIpjodA8

http://youtu.be/kFnVZXQD5_k

petros

they were not originally gpdesigned for what you guys use them for. They were meant for close combat on battlefields ... only .... exclusively.
Whatever modern use you have applied your handguns to in modern times were likely never considered by the designers.

Really? It's easier to use a rifle to protect yourself from wild beasts than a pistol? Why do guys on "bear watch" pack side arms? To kill people?

Now I wait for your stupid comnent where you tell me bear watch isn't a real job or should I just post what you don't want to see?

Hmmmmm
Last edited by petros; 3 weeks ago at 01:08 PM..

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Really? It's easier to use a rifle to protect yourself from wild beast with a rifle than a pistol? Why do guys on "bear watch" pack side arms? To kill people?

The question was specifically about hand guns and semi/auto "Assault" type rifles, never about Grand Dad's ole 30-06.

Do YOU think that the Austrian engineers who designed the Glock for the Austrian Army were using "Enforcement, Justice and Wild Bear Attacks" as their primary design criteria?

Think hard, now. The Austrians are a very practical people.

petros
+2

Bullshit.

petros
+1

The question was specifically about hand guns and semi/auto "Assault" type rifles, never about Grand Dad's ole 30-06.
Do YOU think that the Austrian engineers who designed the Glock for the Austrian Army were using "Enforcement, Justice and Wild Bear Attacks" as their primary design criteria?
Think hard, now. The Austrians are a very practical people.

Backcountry Wildlife Monitoring will be accepting employment applications for monitors starting May 15.
Before that we will be taking applications from workers who are interested in taking the Wildlife Monitoring course.

Course Date is set for April 25-27, 2019 in Prince George and then again in Prince George on April 29-May 1, 2019.

Industry has mandated that workers in remote areas have training in case of potential wildlife encounters. Whether you are a professional who will be using your skills in remote areas or you want to be a designated Wildlife Monitor, this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to keep you and your team safe.

In this course you will learn:

How to conduct safety orientations
Characteristics and classifications of dangerous wildlife
How to complete hazard analysis
Emergency planning
Escalation of procedures when confronted with a dangerous wildlife encounter
Applicable regulation and legislation
Note: Upon completion of this course, participants may enroll in an optional one-day Firearms Range Training Course. This optional course will be an additional cost and registration information will be provided to you via email once you have signed up for Wildlife Monitoring.

For more details about the course – download the pdf.

The course cost is currently set to $995.00. The optional one day Firearms Range Training is an additional fee.
Last edited by petros; 3 weeks ago at 01:16 PM..

petros
+1
It was safe to travel in Nor Am without a firearm in the 1800s? Pistols were harder to handle than a rifle when you have only seconds to protect yourself?

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Backcountry Wildlife Monitoring will be accepting employment applications for monitors starting May 15.
Before that we will be taking applications from workers who are interested in taking the Wildlife Monitoring course.
Course Date is set for April 25-27, 2019 in Prince George and then again in Prince George on April 29-May 1, 2019.
Industry has mandated that workers in remote areas have training in case of potential wildlife encounters. Whether you are a professional who will be using your skills in remote areas or you want to be a designated Wildlife Monitor, this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to keep you and your team safe.
In this course you will learn:
How to conduct safety orientations
Characteristics and classifications of dangerous wildlife
How to complete hazard analysis
Emergency planning
Escalation of procedures when confronted with a dangerous wildlife encounter
Applicable regulation and legislation
Note: Upon completion of this course, participants may enroll in an optional one-day Firearms Range Training Course. This optional course will be an additional cost and registration information will be provided to you via email once you have signed up for Wildlife Monitoring.
For more details about the course – download the pdf.
The course cost is currently set to $995.00. The optional one day Firearms Range Training is an additional fee.

Blah,blah.blah.

The Austrians did not design the Glock so that Canadian hobby wankers can go into the back country. The Austrian army who commissioned the piece, couldn't have given a flying feck in Hades what you do with them in the Canadian wilderness.

The simple question is: What is the first and foremost designed-in function of the mechanism that is the Glock? Why is there a Glock?

You guys dance fecking tangos to avoid the one simple answer.

And no, it had nothing whatsoever to do with wildlife of any type.

petros
+1
Go back a page or two to where you stated "hand guns were made to only kill people".

We're you drunk again and forgot you posted that?

There is help out there to put the liquor behind you.
Last edited by petros; 3 weeks ago at 01:30 PM..

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Go back a page to where you stated "hand guns were made to only kill people".
We're you drunk again and forgot you posted that?

The question hasn't changed one iota, Sea Lawyer.

petros
Are you drunk right now too?

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Are you drunk right now too?

I'm sitting in the shade, in the back yard on a beautiful day fighting a viscious summer cold that's making my eyes weep and drinking a Raspberry Bubly.

Oh, and my son is practicing his drums in the basement.

Anything but answer the simple question. You tough guys truly are dishonest.

petros
A cold is why you can't keep your shit together?

Bullshit.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

A cold is why you can't keep your shit together?
Bullshit.

No luck, eh?

Dry well. None of the tough guys know what their handguns were designed to do.

petros
I'm a tough guy because I'm smarter than you?

Curious Cdn
Conservative

I'm a tough guy because I'm smarter than you?

No, you're as dishonest as hell, though.