billboard company will remove all these billboards after public outcry

Bernier does not know why everyone is so upset

its all just the leftie mobs keeping him and his people down

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
Liberals continue spending frenzy on eve of election call: $2.8B last week

Quote:

Federal Liberal ministers and MPs continued their cross-country spending announcement tour last week, making 277 spending commitments on everything from fixing up bus stops in London, Ont., to building new dressing rooms at a hockey rink in western P.E.I., to funding a youth exchange program to be run by Tides Canada.
Those 277 spending commitments made from Aug. 19 to Aug. 25 total $2.8 billion.
For the week before that — Aug. 11-18 — Liberal MPs and ministers made 595 spending commitments worth a total of $4.9 billion.
That pace and scale of the spending announcements by the Trudeau government is significantly greater than a similar spending announcement program the Harper Conservative government engaged in just before the 2015 general election.

NOTEBOOK: How we use Twitter to keep track of thousands of federal government spending announcements

In the entire month before former prime minister Stephen Harper called the election on Aug. 2, 2015, Conservative ministers and MPs made 604 spending commitments worth a combined $1.4 billion.
This data is generated by a database maintained exclusively for Global News that has tracked more than 28,000 federal spending announcements since 2011, through three Parliaments. The data is culled exclusively from government press releases and does not include projects or programs funded by Ottawa for which no press release was issued. There are no "re-announcements" in the database.

READ MORE: ANALYSIS: N.B., P.E.I. most recent winners of Trudeau government pre-election spending

While the Liberal government put a heavy focus on spending commitments in New Brunswick and P.E.I. for the week of Aug. 11-18, there was a broader geographic focus for the week just ended, Aug. 19-25:
The government was most active last week in Ontario with 110 projects funded for a combined $253 million.
Quebec was the second most active region, with 67 projects funded for a total of $1.29 billion. That included a $1.2-billion commitment Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made on Aug. 19 to fund the development of a transit network in Quebec City.
In British Columbia, Liberal ministers and MPs announced 29 spending commitments worth a combined $34 million.
Prince Edward Island was the fourth most active province for spending announcements, with 22 announcements worth a combined $13.3 million. Veterans Affairs Lawrence MacAulay, alone, was responsible for 16 of those commitments worth $5.3 million — every single one of which will be spent on infrastructure projects in his eastern island riding of Cardigan.
In addition to the $1.2 billion commitment for Quebec City transit, the other big-spending commitment made last week was by International Development Minister Maryam Monsef, who announced that Canada would contribute $930.4 million to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria for 2020-2022.
The Global News Ottawaspends database also tracks spending by riding where applicable and the score for the last week on that front was:
176 of the funding commitments announced last week, worth a combined $244.8 million, will be for projects or programs in ridings where the Liberal party is the incumbent.
65 commitments worth a combined $57 million are for projects in Conservative ridings.
41 commitments worth a combined $82 million are for ridings held by New Democrats and 4 projects worth $4.5 million are in ridings held by the Bloc Quebecois.
The spending announcements are set to continue Monday with nearly two dozen cheque handouts. Liberal MPs and ministers have press conferences where they will announce new funding commitments scheduled Monday in Ottawa, Montreal and Vancouver as well as Cornwallis, N.S., Wolfville, N.S., Indian Brook, N.S., Antigonish, N.S., Chipman, N.B., Shediac, N.B., Alma, N.B., Macamic, Que., La Sarre, Q.C., Mississauga, Ont., Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., Emerald Park, Sask., Surrey, B.C., Saanichton, B.C, and Burwash Landing, Yukon.

Hoid
"That pace and scale of the spending announcements by the Trudeau government is significantly greater than a similar spending announcement program the Harper Conservative government engaged in just before the 2015 general election."

Because Harper got wiped out in that election

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

"That pace and scale of the spending announcements by the Trudeau government is significantly greater than a similar spending announcement program the Harper Conservative government engaged in just before the 2015 general election."

So pre = post election to you?

Hoid
Not sure what you think you mean

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Pre election spending announcements dumb ass

Hoid
still not getting you

what does pre=post election mean?

Decapoda

Yeah, because freedom of expression is evil and censorship is the best way to sterilize and control the message.

Regardless of whether or not people agree with the message, why would we not want to know what Bernier stands for? At least if we know what his position is, we can make a judgement on it. Mob forced censorship only obscures his message. Delicate snowflakes need to get over their anxiety and anger of seeing something they disagree with, stop bullying advertising companies with stupid petitions, and let democracy be allowed to work. And the advertising companies need to grow some balls and respond to such tactics with the proverbial middle finger.

Hoid
so freedom of expression does not include complaining about offensive billboard messages?

Decapoda

so freedom of expression does not include complaining about offensive billboard messages?

Is that what I said? Personally I don't give a shit one way or the other. Complain all you want... you usually do anyway, so who am I to stop you?

Petitioning to drive a message into the shadow that you disagree with does nothing to help your cause. The only thing censorship accomplishes is superficially soothes delicate sensibilities... I guess it's enough for some who can't handle reality. For the rest of us who are mature enough to handle it however, we appreciate the straightforward message regardless of whether or not we agree with it.

Hoid
I was actually talking about the people who had complained to the advertising company about the billboards bringing about their removal.

Decapoda

I was actually talking about the people who had complained to the advertising company about the billboards bringing about their removal.

I couldn't care less who you were talking about, but thanks for clearing that up.

DaSleeper
+2
Snowflakes complain about everything...
Leftards theme song......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMRXXOvY6kM

Hoid
+1
thanks

I care deeply about all your opinions and you have real value as a person

DaSleeper
You made my day......alleluia!

Decapoda
+1

thanks

I care deeply about all your opinions and you have real value as a person

Says the racist heterophobe who calls literally everyone that offers an opinion that differs from his a "white natty."

Nice try sport.

Hoid
+1
Your fears and worries are not silly

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Reading through this tread and I am stuck how nasty the tighty whitey righties are.

spilledthebeer

Bernier does not know why everyone is so upset

its all just the leftie mobs keeping him and his people down

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

"Leftie mob" is now the latest euphemism......................................... ..........

for civil service union HOGS and their allies.......................................

of groups like UNIFOR.....................................

who represent thousands of journalists....................................... ...

that Our idiot Boy Justin "trusts"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Our idiot Boy is BUYING good press...........................................

from his BIGOTED PALS of UNIFOR............................................ ........

in exchange for that SIX HUNDRED MILLION DOLLAR SLUSH FUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Most union offices have multiple phone lines............................................. .....

and LIE-beral minded propaganda meisters use those phones to PRETEND........................................... ..

that many members of the public are complaining....................................... ..

when the TRUTH IS that those complaining ARE A MINORITY........................................

using multiple phone lines and multiple e-mail accounts to present FAKE NUMBERS..................................

and FAKE COMPLAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Groups like UNIFOR ARE OUT OF STEP with ordinary Cdns......................................

and they are DESPERATELY HOPING WE WONT NOTICE THEIR FAKERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly the only thing I think Bernier did wrong.......................................

was get tripped up by the nuances of the English language!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

He failed to make a distinction....................................... .

between the MASS IMMIGRATION that LIE-berals want..............................................

so they will have a fresh supply of votes to BUY at any price............................................. .....

and the IMMIGRATION REALITY........................................... ....

of just how many of those LIE-beral selected immigrants HAVE NO ABILITY.......................................

to easily integrate into the Cdn economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

It is that mass of people who have limited skills of any sort........................................

and who do not even speak either of our official languages that are the problem for most Cdns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every night we see the BLOODY RESULTS of PIerre Trudeau immigration FAILURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That ugly parade of faces - the dying- the dead - the arrested - the grieving.......................................... ...........

and FAR TO MANY OF THOSE FACES are the FAILED CHILDREN...................................

of immigrants selected by Pierre Trudeau LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose
Conservative

still not getting you
what does pre=post election mean?

By comparing then dismissing Harper, you are admitting that the spending will cost the same post election 0

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Reading through this tread and I am stuck how nasty the tighty whitey righties are.

What about the other 30,000 pages of comments you have read on this site, they give you any insight into what is going on here?

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

By comparing then dismissing Harper, you are admitting that the spending will cost the same post election 0

what I was actually trying to get across was that Harper obviously did not spend enough money, although in his case there is no amount of money that would have returned his deplorable government to power

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

have have a deep rooted need to lash out at the world that has dismissed and diminished them

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I couldn't possibly care less. Then again, my culture never was dominated by terrified closet cases.

terrified because of a LOT of prejudice??

Society has not been kind to minorities of all kinds........and the gay segment has had a hell of a time getting accepted as PEOPLE..........which is what the;y are. Their gender ordination should never be an issue......anymore than the pigmentation of someones' skin. Biology is biology...........making those silly attitudes just ignorant. Prejudice can be a form of societal illness. The US is very backward in these areas. Yet claims to be a progressive nation.

harrylee
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

terrified because of a LOT of prejudice??
Society has not been kind to minorities of all kinds........and the gay segment has had a hell of a time getting accepted as PEOPLE..........which is what the;y are. Their gender ordination should never be an issue......anymore than the pigmentation of someones' skin. Biology is biology...........making those silly attitudes just ignorant. Prejudice can be a form of societal illness.

The gays make it more of an issue than the rest of us....it's like they have a need to go out of their way to make an issue of it.