Canadian Oil

petros
Quote:

Ontario will begin phasing out natural gas for heating

And use what? Rainbows and unicorn farts?

Twin_Moose
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Geo-thermal would be my guess use 3/4 the energy and 1000 x the cost lol

spilledthebeer

Oh and right there is your little LIE-beral problem!!! Because you are only semi literate and cannot read well- YOU MISSED the details!

LIE-berals have turned our electrical system into a giant slush fund for their pals- and they have slammed shut the books so we cannot see what manner of dirt they are hiding!

Happily we have a competent auditor general- Bonnie Lysyk and thus nasty details about LIE-beral greed keep leaking out!

What you missed in your semi literate outburst Petros is that LIE-beals intend to FORCE US to use electricity for everything!

IF Wynne-bag LIE-berals win the next Ontari-owe election there will be no stopping them!

You will be forced to throw away your brand new gas stove. Will junk your new gas furnace, You will pay extra taxes so that LIE-berals can give those dandy deals to their friends who will be buying those fancy new electric carts while everybody else crams onto overloaded public transit because gas cars will become illegal!

You will be forced to re-wire your house so you can cook on an eldectric stove- that you will have to buy or else eat all your meals COLD!

You will be forced to rewire your house yet again so you can operate an electric furnace that you will be forcedc to buy- or else you will be cutting and burning a LOT of wood to fuel your wood stove!

They expect us to heat our homes with it. To cook with it. To fuel our vehicles with it. EVERYTHING will be electric in that LIE-beral planned future- and LIE-berals who control all electrical production and distribution will make out like BANDITS!

LIE-beral will remake our entire society into a sleazy pyramid scheme with them at the top of the heap- living lives that royalty might envy!

LIE-beral greed makes pirates look benevolent!

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Geo-thermal would be my guess use 3/4 the energy and 1000 x the cost lol

Want to buy mine? I'm going back to gas. I'm tired of freezing my ass off.

Twin_Moose

Want to buy mine? I'm going back to gas. I'm tired of freezing my ass off.

I looked into them as well it will never pay for itself (salesman was pretty convincing and made us think pretty hard) so I stayed gas

spilledthebeer

I looked into them as well it will never pay for itself (salesman was pretty convincing and made us think pretty hard) so I stayed gas

Geo thermal? In Canada? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I can just picture it- people digging 50ft deep pits in those tiny little city yards!!!! AND PRAYING THE NEIGHBOURS HOUSE DOESNT SLIP IN BEFORE THE PIPES ARE INSTALLED- if there is a sudden thunderstorm!

And has anybody considered the legal consequences of doing such major digging so close to neighbours lot line? People already get into major battles over retaining wall repairs and drainage issues- how much worse will it be if somebody accuses a neighbour of doing a quick and dirty geothermal installation that caused a neighbours house foundation to shift? or neighbours asphalt driveway to shift and crack? Who wants a nice juicy lawsuit that takes years and tens of thousands of dollars to settle? And remember- you will NOT be able to sell your house till the lawyers get finished with you! Who thinks any of this sounds good? Anybody?

And how about all the lots around town that are at elevations close to the water table- how do you dig or install in the swamp?

And has anybody considered how many city houses are built so close together that you cannot get machinery into the yard to dig in the first place? Why NO! NOBODY HAS CONSIDERED IT!

And we all know that pipes buried underground corrode and then leak- anybody want to figure the dost of digging up hundreds of feet of pipe to fix a leak?

And of course much of Canada is built on bedrock and there will be no digging in that!

Geo thermal and carbon capture and sequestration are Rube Goldberg mechanical monstrosities dreamed up by airheads! Geo thermal heating works for small populations in New Zealand who live next door to volcanic hot springs- they just suck up and pipe in the boiling water.

Geothermal cooling also works for large buildings that are close enough to Lake Ontario that they can suck up cold water for their air conditioners.

Geo thermal is a one off- specialty solution that is NOT suitable for the great majority- unless you are a LIE-beral dreamer desperately hoping to sucker people into this crap so you can rake off sales taxes and inspection fees from it while PRETENDING to be doing something/anything for the environment!

captain morgan

The tech just ins't there to support the claims of these people looking to take advantage of the public at large

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

The tech just ins't there to support the claims of these people looking to take advantage of the public at large

Here is an old article illustrating exactly WHY LIE-berals will not be able to create their electric Toy car business- their economic model is BROKEN- and they lack the capital to get the sleazy vote buying job done!

Oh my-what a tangled enviro web we weave when LIE-berals want to deceive! Here is a nice article spelling out Carbon crap and trade problems, with some comments of my own in brackets):

Ontario's Cap-and-Trade plan will cost consumers $8 billion and lead to minimal greenhouse gas reductions

By Shawn Jeffords, Political Bureau Chief. First posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 01:17 PM EST

Ontario’s Auditor General says that the Liberal government’s cap and trade plan will not “significantly” lower emissions in the province by 2020, calling their forecasts “unrealistic.”

But AG Bonnie Lysyk warned Wednesday that the province’s cap-and-trade program will cost consumers and businesses $8 billion dollars in its first years of operation to get minimal greenhouse gas reductions.

Lysyk said households will pay an average of $156 next year in added costs on gasoline and natural gas, rising to $210 in 2019 plus another $75 that year in indirect costs on goods and services.

The lack of carbon reduction under crap and trade is directly related to the fact that the plan is a carbon copy of the European model and is designed simply to make a gross tax hit look like it is environment based. Civil service Hogs and other wealthy types will expect govt to give them gravy out of the new tax revenue-and that will allow them to continue playing with gas guzzling toys- exchange for SELLING their votes to LIE-berals!)

The government has also earmarked $1.32 billion out of the expected $8 billion in projected cap-and-trade revenue to help offset the cost of residential and business electricity bills, but it doesn’t say how, Lysyk’s report said.

(LIE-beral hands are tied-if they admit that the Hydro delivery cost is a rip off they will look bad. If they admit their green energy program is a costly mess they will look bad. If they admit that selling off Hydro to LIE-beral pals was wrong they look bad. If they admit that giving Hydro worker union Hogs endless raises was a mistake they look bad-AND offend their MAJOR Hog supporters. If they give country folks a break on delivery costs then they are rewarding people who DON’T VOTE LIE-beral! And doing the rewarding using gravy that staunchly LIE-beral friendly Hogs are DEMANDING for themselves will be hurting LIE-beral chances in the next election!)

The AG says that Ontario will fall well below its target of 18.7 megatonnes of emission reductions. She says that based on a study that Ontario’s Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change commissioned, the province will achieve 3.8 megatonnes, or about 20% of the target.

(And we ought to ask how much of that reduction will be from companies LEAVING Ontari-owe and taking their jobs with them to some place less tax happy? With the added bonus that jobless Cdns Don’t have a large carbon foot print-but is DESTROYING our economy the best way to save the environment?)

In addition, the Ministry plans to count emission reductions that Quebec and California achieve in the system towards their goals.

“The potential exists for double reporting of emission reductions between California, Quebec and Ontario,” Lysyk said in a news release.

(So it’s a TYPICAL LIE-beral scam? LIE-berals are currently claiming their green energy plan has cleared the air in Ontari-owe-they claim this in spite of the fact that FIFTY PERCENT of air pollution in Souther Ontari-owe typically blows in from the Yankee Ohio valley-which is now a Rust Belt with no more heavy industry to spew out that pollution. Not content with wrecking our economy, LIE-berals want credit for wrecking chunks of Yankee economy! And how does anything that happens in California rebound to the credit of Ontari-owe LIE-berals?)

(LIE-berals have closed two coal burning plants and replaced them with natural gas burning plants. United States has closed 140 coal burning plants in several states up wind of Ontari-owe so is it LIE-beral effort or Yankee effort that has made improvements to our air? If this is a hard question then you must be a LIE-beral!)

Lysyk says that the Liberal plan will cost Ontario households and businesses $8 billion between 2017 and 2020.

(Oh well, its only money WE DON’T HAVE! And there will be even less of it once Trump reduces Yankee corporate taxes and costs while our costs soar with carbon crap! And just to make sure cross border trade gets really screwed, LIE-berals have brought in a pack of future Jihadist jerks from Syria -and NOT BOTHERED to screen any of them! Trump and a pack of Yankee Tea Party goofs are LOOKING for any excuse to close the border and save Yankee jobs-at our expense-and what will Trump think of Our brainless Boy prime minister Justin posing with a known terrorist for a selfie last summer?)

(We have a govt that refuses to take any real security precautions- we have a gutted/rotted out military with NO new equipment. The flagship of the Cdn Atlantic fleet is so old it can no longer leave harbour for more than a few hours at a time without suffering engine fires and the need for a tow. Other ships of the fleet-the ones still capable of leaving harbour safely-are SMALLER ones- below the size of destroyer with less defensive capability. The modern destroyers ordered by Conservative govt are well behind construction schedule-just like Toronto streetcars-with NO LIE-beral effort to speed up production of either ships or street cars! Our fighter jets are OLD-the few that still fly are being sustained by cannibalizing parts off other damaged jets currently in storage.)

(The brief flow of new equipment and armoured vehicles purchased by Conservatives for the Kandahar battle group is now worn out-with LIE-berals deliberately planning NOT to buy more. The Detroit police dept is about as well armed and numerous as our army-yet we insist that Trump respect our sovereignty? That sovereignty that WE treat so carelessly? Our brainless Boy wont even deport the CONVICTED leader of the Toronto 18 terror group or any of the convicted accomplices!?)

The cap and trade system comes into effect Jan. 1, 2017.

- With files from The Canadian Press